Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 02:07:16
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Future is Bright in Seattle Started by: ConstanceBonacieux on Jan 23, '19 04:05

She steps out of her headquarters, still visibly exhausted from a very chaotic weekend. Her hair disheveled, but still presentable, wearing the same clothes she'd been wearing the day before. Wanting desperately to get some peace of mind she had decided it was time to announce the future of Seattle to those that wanted to know and were kind enough to listen.

Hello there, first of all, please keep the insults and abuse toward me to a minimum, if you have something to say please feel free to contact me via messenger at any time. I'm sure Transistor would love something to do. This announcement is not to garner ill will toward me, but to hopefully encourage those that feel they do not, or will not, get a chance to lead their own family to step out on their own. 

I hear people consistently complaining that Joe Blow down the street will never get a chance to lead. They will always be overlooked. The world will forever be populated by the same leadership. Well, here's your chance to change that because, honestly, I want to see some change. 

Seattle will now be open to whoever wants to try and run their own family, there will, of course, be stipulations as I'm sure you can understand are necessary. 

The stipulations are as follows:

1) Must be 45 days old and younger and not be a current crew leader.

2) One time set-up fee of $8,000,000 for the central district and $5,000,000 for the other two districts payable to lil old me.

3) Maximum of 2 crews per district.

4) Maximum HQ size of 15, if the leader survives for 30 days they will be able to upgrade to the 30 man HQ.

5) The leader is to cover the cost of their HQ and forts by themselves.

6) Spots will be first come, first serve.

7) Leaders may take an RH and an LH from other crews, but no other members, they will have to build membership on their own.

8) If a district is empty then two new crews will be allowed to enter with the same requirements. If there is only one crew in the district it will still be considered populated.

9) If there is a dispute between one district and another no other city will step in unless they feel that they are at risk. If another city has a substantiated reason to believe that any or all of the districts of Seattle pose a risk they may intervene in the leadership of that district. 

10) Must have current leader's blessing to make this move. If not, the current leader may react in whichever way they feel necessary, even if it means killing the member that left. 

I know there may be issues from time to time, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now my goal is to get the districts populating and prosperous and to see the city running itself soon.

I'm no politician, I'm not a war general, but I am someone that does care about this community and would love more than anything to see it grow. I'd like to see new faces in bold suits breathing new life into the country. We need that from time to time. This is one of those times.

I look forward to hearing from those interested in setting up in Seattle soon!

She looks at her watch and scampers off back inside to enjoy a quiet evening of watching KingofMeatPopsicles balance a martini glass on his nose with MustachePete tossing olives into it.

Report Post Tips: 22 / Total: $440,000 Tip

I am certain you are aware that this attempt of yours to "see change" has been practiced on numerous occasions. I have an identic memory on this subject in the past. I recall one CL living past 100 days (The kin was a CL in a former life) and all else (new) were target practice for reasons such as paranoia and speculation.  

The world is populated by the same leaders and RH's including yourself and your RH.  How do you propose to fix that problem? This idea will not work. You fail to realize people from all over the world have led successful families without being governed by you and the rest of the upper echelon. Get it? This life is dwindling down and the fix is not this old idea.

I speak for a few when I say all they need to learn is the mechanics and they can teach you how to do business.  

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Bob laughs, shaking his head at the monotony of these streets,

"We hear so often around here about change... People want to see different bloodlines prosper, people want to see different ideas happen, people want to see different people running this things of ours... Have you considered that maybe we all would like to hear a change? It's always the same few bloodlines at the bottom moaning about "the same" bloodlines at the top. Perhaps the responsibility for change is on you and not everyone else? Our Godfather Chairmen have invested their lives in changing this world, how do you think they climbed into the big seat? Perhaps you should invest something more than the same repeated complaint that so many before you have brought to these Streets? You come out here and moan because things aren't how you want them and you want change. You know what? I agree, let's have a change. How about we realise that complaining in the Streets clearly isn't inspiring any change and try something else? I'm sure a lot of us would love to see different bloodlines climb to the top and opportunities for people who haven't had them before. But those who have made something of their opportunities didn't get there by crying about it in the Streets, so if you want change, I think you should start looking a little closer to home."

Bob paints a big pretty picture in case the explanation wasn't clear enough.

"Everyone here has equal opportunity. Whether you agree with them or not, our Godfathers didn't fall into their positions, they stepped up and decided things needed to change and did something about it, be it by brute force or allegiance. They took their opportunity, the same opportunity you have in front of you. However, as you're clearly realising, equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome. That part entirely rests on you, my friend. If you're not happy with your outcome, you only have yourself to blame. Stop pointing the finger. If you see a problem, it is your problem to fix."

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $225,000 Tip

I am certain you are aware that this attempt of yours to "see change" has been practiced on numerous occasions. I have an identic memory on this subject in the past. I recall one CL living past 100 days (The kin was a CL in a former life) and all else (new) were target practice for reasons such as paranoia and speculation.

I'm inclined to ask what your suggestion for change is, as all I see is you running around as if someone had forcefully removed your head, while screaming about the end times and Godfather Zoom. I must admit though, the thread outlining the rules of Seattle is likely not the place for it.

As has been stated in the past, and as you've made it clear, will need to be continually reiterated to you until there's little oxygen left on the planet: This is not a proposal for a new idea. This is what is happening. It's underway. It has commenced. The train has left the station, etc, etc.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Aislin was walking along the streets when she heard a clearing of a throat and a speaker with the softest voice she'd ever heard. She stuck her hands in the pockets of her jeans before leaning against the wall of a nearby building to listen. 

After a time the speakers words trailed off, and questions plagued Aislin, so she bidded her time and when there was an opening she leaned forward and spoke,

"Through out the generations of my families long and fun filled history upon these shores. I've sat at the knee of my parents and grandparents and listened to stories of this nature time and time again. More rules, and even more money. You say, that you want to see some change? How about simply authing "new blood" without the imposed restrictions or "taxing" them to death. I'm all for seeing "new blood" try on pants that they may find to be either too big for them or just the right fit, but what I am not for is overtly taxation or extortion. What happened to honor among thieves? and loyalty. Although, this is the mafia, but even among those of our particular ilk there is a code of honor.

You give land and expansion to these new mobsters, you've trained them up, watched them grow, and you see there potential. Why not auth those that you have built a relationship with? Instead of allowing some foreigner access to your city. You'd rather risk all that you've built for money? A measly thirteen million dollars is worth your potential head?

Also, these are members that willl be under your authority correct? If you can not bring to order, gain the undying and unwavering respect and loyalty of those under you without forcing them to pay you a fee, then ConstanceBonacieux pray tell, why are you even in your position?"

Aislin takes her hands out of her pockets, finally noticing that the temperature has managed to drop several more degrees. She shakes her head,

"There is a fine line between Kow towing and cow-tailing. One is earned and the other is well... We know just exactly how the other one is gained".

Bowing with respect Aislin returns back to her earlier position on the wall.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $180,000 Tip

Aislin remembers another thought she'd like to address before closing,

"So, you are in essence in charge of two cities correct? Or are you authing a new Seattle City Leader?"

Report Post Tip
Molly listened intently to the young woman speak, clearly she felt strongly about her opinion.

Hey kid, you seem to have misunderstood the Godfather. Please, let me put it to you simply.
Everything in this thing of ours has rules and in this case the rules of Seattle are fairly minimal. This should provide an opportunity for new blood or those bloodlines who want to try their hand at leadership to give it a shot. And sweetie, really, it's a small one off payment, hardly being taxed to death.

As for authing people who she has built relationships with...what do you know of her plans and who are you to question them? Or to question Constance's position?

It strikes me that this has been a poorly thought out gripe delivered with disrespect. Perhaps you should go back and think a little more before you speak.
Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $200,000 Tip

She smiles sweetly and addresses Aislin with the grace her mother taught her.

I will break this down and address your points one at a time.

You give land and expansion to these new mobsters, you've trained them up, watched them grow, and you see there potential. Why not auth those that you have built a relationship with?

We will be doing this with the city of New York, the free district in LA, and the district free in Las Vegas.

How about simply authing "new blood" without the imposed restrictions or "taxing" them to death.

Why should we just fill it with Philly people? Why not give others from other cities the same chance? How are we to know that someone is actually "new blood"? We cannot ask them outright for proof of this without risking the ire of the staff down at City Hall. 

We are not taxing them "to death", it's a one time set up fee. It's a nominal amount. My mama raised me that if someone really wants something they won't be afraid to pay a bit for it.

Doing this the way you suggested without restrictions actually is more of a risk. This way we are ensuring that a 190 day old Don with all the qualifications to claim Godfather and a cannon on his belt cannot take over the city of Seattle and pose a risk to the rest of the cities. Should I flash back to Obsidian, he was trusted by people in our city and look what happened.

You'd rather risk all that you've built for money? A measly thirteen million dollars is worth your potential head?

It's not just about the money, it's about giving people a chance that wouldn't normally get it. Yes, there will people people whose family line has many leaders included in it, we know this, again we cannot ask for proof of one's lineage without risking ourselves.

Also, check your math, it's two crews per district. So four crews will pay $5,000,000 each and two crews will pay $8,000,000. My math puts that at 36 million dollars and if there is ever a district free then two more crews can put up the same amount of money and try. Why not make a bit of money while giving more people a chance than normally would get that chance?

A hard working individual can come up with $5,000,000 or $8,000,000 pretty easily by training bodyguards for raids, selling their drugs, having a CA or two, participating in organised crimes, making sure they steal granny's purse at a regular interval, etc... Some gamble. These are not  outrageous amounts of money these days. There are people that throw at least this much away on the lottery weekly. 

In regards to the "risk" being put on my pretty little head, let me quote something from my original announcement for you:

If there is a dispute between one district and another no other city will step in unless they feel that they are at risk. If another city has a substantiated reason to believe that any or all of the districts of Seattle pose a risk they may intervene in the leadership of that district. 

This life is about taking chances. This life is cyclical. The past few "regimes" have kept the people that they give the nod to to those that they "know" while other amazing bloodlines are going by the wayside. If we play it safe forever, life gets dull. If we do the same thing over and over again, life gets dull. Some of the best leaders of all time were 'risks' when they set up and turned out to be great people for our community.

Also, these are members that willl be under your authority correct?

The only authority we will have is when it comes to making sure there is always at least one crew in the district. Day to day operations will be under the purview of those that are bold in the districts.

When someone attains the rank of Godfather they will control their district forever and ever, when someone reaches Godfather Chairman they will run the city forever and ever. I admit I left this part out of the initial post, it was an oversight on my part. It happens, I'm only as perfect as you are.

She takes a deep breath and smiles some more.

I hope that I have answered your questions in a satisfactory manner, if not, oh well, can't please everyone. I'm not here to make everyone happy, that's not my job. If you don't like what we've decided to do then rank up and do something about it. Do it your way. 

I'll be waiting.

Still smiling she wanders off enjoy a few moments of peace... and to have KingofMeatPopsicles serve her the daily afternoon brew in a grass skirt and nothing else.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Aislin turns toward MollyMalone and listens at her perception of her words, she nods ever so often, choosing to let the "kid" remark go, because in this thing of ours. Petty insults are for children, and those not clever enough to come up with a real line. One must learn that not all fights are worth your attention, time or effort. 

Mrs. Malone, you do not know me nor I you, but it appears that you are addressing concerns that are not relevant to you, but I thank you for your response all the same. Smiling she nods at the loyalty displayed. "Hopefully one day you and I can get to know one another more personally."

Turning her focus to ConstanceBonacieux Aislin listens carefully at was is said,

"Thank you so much God mother Chairman ConstanceBonacieux for choosing to answer my questions, it is very much appreciated. Your points are made clear, and concise. And it appears we will just have to agree to disagree, but this isn't my fight. I have no desire to pay my way to a position of "authority", but I tip my hat off to those that are willing to do so, and I wish them the very best of luck, truly. 

As far as your parting shot, "Rank up and do something about it." I respect your words. You are an elder in this thing of ours after all, but to say that to a fellow mobster -when at some point you were just as I, does not reflect in a positive light at least for me, but I wish you nothing but the best in all of your endeavors past, present, and future. Again, I thank you for answering my questions."

Aislin remembers an early point made by Molly, she returns her attention back towards her,

"I usually don't address the concerns of other mobsters about my speech. I have never been disrespectful to anyone, and definitely not towards my elders. I would very much like it if you produced your facts of proof of this disrespect before attempting to call me out on that.

Aislin smiles and then nods her head in respect at those present before continuing her walk. She begins humming a song under breath. The words could be heard trailing on the wind,

"Though my pocketbook is empty and my heart is full of pain..."

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Bob takes his sharply pointed paintbrush from behind his ear and focuses his stare on the attitude of the Detroit mobster, he peers over at @ConstanceBonacieux, who discreetly shakes her head at him as she listens to the spew coming from the Wise Guy's mouth. He frowns, nods reluctantly and tucks the artistic weapon into the inside pocket of his overcoat. As the mobster continued her drivel, Bob made his way over to beside her, delicately slipping his hands inside one of her pockets, taking the few worthless posessions he could find - pocket lint, an old tissue and a beaten up book with bad songs written in it. He was becoming somewhat of a professional with pickpocketing and having evaded being caught, he chucks a wink at MollyMalone. As he makes his way past Aislin, he 'accidentally' barges into her, slipping the fake imitation of a decent wristwatch off her body and into his posession. With a smirk, he quickly glances back to apologise,

"Terribly sorry, Miss."

He makes his way back towards the crowd, slipping the watch into Molly's pocket as he moves past her and chuckles into her ear quietly so's only Molly can hear, "She couldn't afford nor handle authority, cheap bitch."

He smirks and continues about his day.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Tammy never did much but waitressing, baking and chatting, but by doing those things, she had trained her eyes and ears well. She sometimes noticed things others failed to see, and sometimes heard things she was not supposed to be hearing. Before she would publicly address what she felt was a very low blow towards one of her own, even for a wayward artist, she spoke out to @ConstanceBonacieux.

Clearly, you thought about the whole concept, and hopefully it will turn out a success. I sure hope there will be new fresh faces, indeed. The danger might be in the fact that true new blood may only want to go bold after they have worked themselves up within an existing organisation, perhaps.
She swallowed before continueing
But again, no harm in giving this a go. I praise your efforts!

Tammy then turned at MollyMalone, looking a bit more serious.
I am sorry, but I have witnessed the conversation and don't feel there was any disrespect towards the Godfather.
Smiling, Tammy added
Did you even see the bow she made? Also, from Godfather ConstanceBonacieux's reaction, I would not see any disrespect being taken.

Honestly, I can only applaud Aislin for sticking out her neck if she has her own thoughts about a list of 10 stipulations, and dares to speak out what's on her mind. Of course, these plans raise questions! They always will. For example, if the new blood does have a maximum age of 45 at the moment, and will only be able to have full self control at the age of 120 minimum, then it's simply true that there will be a vast period of Seattle being controlled by another city.

As she does not want her point to be misinterpreted, Tammy rushed to add
Again, I support the whole concept, it's not something that people are pushed into, but if they want, they can voluntarily enter.
I am happy with that and hope Seattle will build up swiftly again.

Turning back to ConstanceBonacieux, Tammy said
I very much respect the explanation you gave Aislin on her questions. And just as much as I do respect that, I condemn the whisper BobRoss spoke out too loud to be privately. In my opinion, that's taking disrepect to a whole different level.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $300,001 Tip

She sighs heavily and wishes that the discussion could go back to what the original topic was, but knows deep down that that will not happen. Rubbing her temples in visible frustration she takes a deep breath and musters up all of the patience she can find deep within her soul.

Okay, folks, this is getting a bit out of hand. I spoke to BobRoss in regards to his actions earlier. You have also had a chance to discuss his actions in private with him as well Tammy. Is there really a need to continue this out in the Streets drawing attention away from the actual topic at hand? Just because I did not slap his hand in public does not mean he did not receive a stern talking to and a time out in private. I tend to try and NOT admonish the members of Philadelphia's crime families in public. These are things I handle behind closed doors as to not draw attention to myself from the coppers. 

Aislin felt slighted, Molly felt slighted, Bob's a dick but was trying to support and defend his leader MollyMalone, and we're all thieves and criminals. We can be rude, our words can be misconstrued, but it's the life we lead. Bob felt Aislin was disrespectful, Molly did as well, maybe they misunderstood Aislin's goal. It happens a lot around here as we all come from different walks of life and some take our Street lives more seriously than others.

She looks at Tammy with weary eyes...

Can we turn this BACK to the topic of Seattle and get back to doing our dastardly deeds? Are we not all hardened criminals here? If you wish to discuss this further you know how to get a hold of me. I'm not making light of the incident I just want to return the topic to the Seattle project so we can hopefully get this city on its feet soon.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well, ConstanceBonacieux, on your first question I would like to say
Yes. Tammy smiled
Yes, I did have reasons to bring it up here, it would be awkward if I couldn't react to something I overheard, would it not? Maybe my intentions were not to critize BobRoss's ways in public, but as I stood here and overheard what he said, I couldn't stay muted.

Tammy changed the weight of her body to her other leg
But, to flow over into the answer on your second question, the point was not to draw away attention, as you may have noticed, I also made a couple of remarks about Seattle and it's future. I spoke of the type of people that I feel would be most likely to step in, I continued on the discussion of the stipulations, I remarked on the influence of another city over Seattle.

I must say that I am happy to see Vicky and her Sleepy Victims Unit, and despite the rumour that she supposedly is in jail at the moment, she and Beowulf seem to make hard work of getting the city as thriving as it once was sooner rather than later.

It's a great sight!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

She steps out from her HQ smiling broadly, so very thankful she has such an awesome Right Hand in Transistor.

As of today, all three Seattle districts have ONE crew in them. This means there are only three spots left to fill. If you are interested please get a hold of me or my trusty sidekick Transistor for more information. 

Congratulations to Vicky, Elvis, and Beowulf! I can't wait to see you three and anyone else who decides to join you in Seattle build Shan amazing city!!!!

She smiles and waves and she ducks back into the Java Cartel HQ to catch MollyMalone's latest performance of The Blue Danube using puppets made from BobRoss' old socks.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Letting out a loud buuuurrrrp Rick looks around at the individuals taking roots in the city he was born in. Knowing that one day it will turn to a cesspool of liberals unless someone prevents it now, altering the future. Though that’s more so speculation than anything. The greatest saving grace being that there are infinite dimensions that allow him to leave C-137 as not be disappointed. 

“Uh, congrats and stuff. I’m interested to see how this turns out.” Rick mur murs as he walks off to find more alcohol. Drool running down his chin.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Lonely Wolf was really glad to see this gone well to populate Seattle again, and a vry special thought to a great person like Beowolf involved in this.

"Take care of seattle now and enjoy so long it last"

Report Post Tip

Walking down familiar streets he greets his old friend Constance, as he embraces her and looks on at the gathering crowd.

"I am glad to see the idea take off and people put their hard work, bravery and intelligence into the challenge of helping build a family, district and city from the ruins.   As much as it is a test within itself these are not the same time as the past as has applied to such a city as Dark_Rock spoke about"

Looking around at the various faces chatting to each other in the crowd, he cleared his throat.

"
A prolonged peace before recent wars showed how we can build together and what can be achieved, as well as the odd new family head or godfather that can appear via more traditional methods from newer bloodlines such as myself, Heston, Sabrina on a rise in hope of one day leaving our memory on this business"

"I wish those who take up the Challenge of Seattle the best of luck and every success"

Wandering over to a hot dog and hamburger vendor near by he looks back at any reaction from the crowd as they mingle.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

She smiles after hanging up the telephone and decides to go for a walk to announce the closure of Seattle districts for the time being.

Hello, I come to you today with good news. Two of the three districts in Seattle are now closed to new crews unless one or both fall and then the district will reopen until that spot is filled in the same manner including the set-up fee.

MasterBates will be the final crew to set up when he comes of age as per Vicky's announcement. 

I wish all of the Seattle crews luck and look forward to their success.

Finding herself listening to her stomach rumble she totters off to find a good plate of bangers and mash.

After catching up on the day's events after a brief visit with some friends in the country she calls the local newspaper to place an ad.

OPEN SPOT IN WATERFRONT, SEATTLE!

Due to unforseen circumstances Beowolf has had to step down from his position as crew leader in Waterfront, Seattle. This means there is one spot available to anyone interested. The same conditions apply.

Contact ConstanceBonacieux if interested.

She tacks a sign to the community bulletin board, smiles, and continues down the city streets hanging posters for all to see.

Wanted!

Two brave souls to fill up two open slots in Seattle.

The stipulations are as follows:

1) Must be 45 days old and younger and not be a current crew leader.

2) One time set-up fee of $8,000,000 for the central district and $5,000,000 for the other two districts payable to lil old me.

3) Maximum of 2 crews per district.

4) Maximum HQ size of 15, if the leader survives for 30 days they will be able to upgrade to the 30 man HQ.

5) The leader is to cover the cost of their HQ and forts by themselves.

6) Spots will be first come, first serve.

7) Leaders may take an RH and an LH from other crews, but no other members, they will have to build membership on their own.

8) If a district is empty then two new crews will be allowed to enter with the same requirements. If there is only one crew in the district it will still be considered populated.

9) If there is a dispute between one district and another no other city will step in unless they feel that they are at risk. If another city has a substantiated reason to believe that any or all of the districts of Seattle pose a risk they may intervene in the leadership of that district. 

10) Must have current leader's blessing to make this move. If not, the current leader may react in whichever way they feel necessary, even if it means killing the member that left. 

When someone attains the rank of Godfather they will control their district forever and ever, when someone reaches Godfather Chairman they will run the city forever and ever.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $520,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Future is Bright in Seattle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL