Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:41:41
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Wayne County Airport Started by: Connie on Feb 06, '19 19:31

A single aircraft hanger and a small passenger terminal.

It did not look like much from above, though Connie was paying little attention. It was the first flight she had undertaken and throughout the flight had been whispering excited babble and mechanical curiosities to herself. Thoughts had also passed to the upcoming conference with Billy_Mastrosimone, though not as often as probably she should to be suitably prepared.

The rip of asphalt on rubber snapped her to attention, the plane wavering while twin engines eased their roar. Through a clouded porthole window and across a field of gracefully settling snow, the young woman eyed lights burning in the distance. Eventually the craft was met with staff from the airport, Connie stepped down with luggage in tow and nodded respectfully to the sirs and smiled pleasantly at the madams.

Transfer into the terminal was a brisk walk. Philadelphia was far from tropical but the climate in Michigan was considerably cooler. There was a rush to pass through the doors and escape the chill. One man slid on his heel, though caught his fall.

Connie Cassaro now stood on the sodden terminal floor with her baggage at her feet peering through the crowds for her contact.

Report Post Tip

Billy stood in the terminal, watching as the plane touched down. He threw out the rest of his coffee and put on the chauffeur hat he had bought for just this occasion. He picked up his little sign and then made his way to the terminal doors holding his sign up.

Connie

It was simple, but it would get the job done. He waited until finally a woman made eye contact, nodded and then Billy realized he was going to have to go over and get her bags. And so, over he went.

"Hi Miss. I'm here to take you to see mister Mastrosimone tonight. Is there anything else that you have besides this luggage?"

He picked up her bags easily enough. Either she packed light, which would mean some shopping, or he forgot his own strength. Either one could be the case. Billy was known for forgetting his own strength often enough.

Report Post Tip

A slight flicker of familiarity in the actions of the gentleman that greeted her in the terminal.

"Most grateful, sir! Please do call me Connie, and no, the entirety of my belongings are present."

There was a brief moment of hesitation as Connie attempted to assist the chauffeur in retrieving the bag from her feet, however it soon passed. An attempt was made to wipe the few surviving flakes of snow and wipe the moisture from her feet before looking to the man once more.

"Excuse my state, these particular conditions are extremely infrequent at home."

After some fidgeting and rearranging she looked up and smiled.

"How do we proceed now, Mr...?"

Connie hoped the man had not already given her his name. She was terrible with names. 

Report Post Tip

Shit, fake name fake name.

"Johnny!" 

Billy responded with a little too much vigor. Damn near gave up the ghost. He smiled a big broad smile and led the way toward the front door. He thought about the way he looked right now and realized it had never mattered before, and it wasn't going to start mattering now.

"It's alright, it's always cold and snowy here. But if you're without something, I'm sure Mister M wouldn't mind you stopping. In fact, he's given me money for your expenses should you need it."

He smiled again and opened the door for her. The car was all but ten feet away, so he rushed out and opened the back door for Connie before putting her things in the trunk and getting into the front himself.

"Do you mind if I remove my cap inside the vehicle Connie? It's just much easier, as it hit's the roof." He waited until she gave him a brief nod and then took the cap off.

"So, did you need to make a stop anywhere, or shall I take you directly to see Billy?"

Report Post Tip

Perched on the satisfying stuffed seat, Connie allowed herself to relax into the moment. Consideration was made to protest at being provided with expenses, though it would be potentially rude to question such a gesture. Contented, she nodded at Johnny then looked out at the scenery. Perhaps an outfit sourced from a local tradesman might be more befitting than that which she brought from the east coast.

"Pardon?"

A thought fired.

"Mr. M?"

Puzzled, she leaned forward instinctively to be heard easier.

"Might I query who exactly Mr. Mastrosimone is in Detroit? I understood an accord was made with Mrs. Byrne that I was associating myself with a person of similar notoriety."

A sudden realization she was in a chauffeured car, her eyes darted around the interior.

"...And this all seems significantly greater than my standing in Philadelphia.

Report Post Tip

Billy couldn't keep it up any longer. He turned and smiled.

"I'm just a guy who works very very closely with Mrs. Rebecca Ferrari. It's very nice to make your acquaintance."

He turned in his seat and realized that he had either put her off, or confused the life out of her.

"I'm Billy, and from what I understand, Bella sent you here to learn a thing or two. I just wanted to know how much she told you about me. Lucky for me, and very unlucky for you, she didn't even bother to tell you what I look like before you left. Well, this is what I look like, and I happen to have been a bodyguard for Miss Byrne when I started out, so yes, you are with someone of similar notoriety as far as she's concerned. Though I dare say if she ever bothered to visit me here in Detroit, she would know I've done a decent job of moving up in the world."

He scoffed then and turned back to face the road, and put the car into gear.

"What do you say we grab a bite to eat and get to know one another for a bit? I really do have money for expenses. You're not paying for anything while you're here."

Report Post Tip

"Goodness!"

She squeaked then swiftly covered her mouth with one hand. Expectation had been to learn from Mastrosimone the structure of Detroit and who was of importance within the city. The name Rebecca Ferrari was certainly one she was familiar with. To be closely associated to her was a good head and shoulders above where Connie expected to reach. A sudden shame befell her as a missed opportunity to perform prior research was whipped away into the evening snow. 

"I am extremely ashamed sir that I... well I was expecting to..."

She let the words stumble then sat back. Expectation was now settling that she would never be able to anticipate this life. Most unfortunate, as she so would like to do so.

"It is wonderful to meet you, Billy. I am very grateful for your hospitality and will allow you to lead the way."

Report Post Tip

Billy waved his hand.

"Don't call me sir, please. I'm just Billy. I'm starving, what kind of food do you like? I know a really great restaurant in the city, music and drinks and dancing too if you're into that sort of thing, but the food? The food is to die for."

He started the car toward the city since they had to go that way anyway. 

"Or we can just get you to your rooms and you can relax for tonight and we can pick things up in the morning."

He really was hungry, but she was new here and he didn't want to overwhelm the poor girl. Maybe he shouldn't have pulled the whole chauffeur thing in the first place.

"Sorry if I threw you off. Never meant to." He said, just loud enough for her to hear him over the engine. "You seem real nice, and any friend of Bella's is a friend of mine." He would have to make it up to her, and he knew exactly how.

Report Post Tip

It would probably be wise.

She repeated her thoughts out loud, it had been a long day, an even longer commotion arranging and enduring the flight. In all honesty her heart was still racing from the thrill of the aircraft. It was far superior to the journey across the Atlantic in a meager boat. 

"As great is the anticipation launching into the purpose of my visit, it would be wise to rest for the evening and approach the day with a refreshed mind."

The admission was disheartening but astute. She wanted to make the most of her time and sleeping on the events of the day was undoubtedly the best method. Though the agenda described by Mrs. Byrne over the telephone had sounded somewhat... dubious in standing with her abilities, Connie wanted to know more about the city and more about Billy. She looked to the front seat and chirped optimistically. 

"I do so appreciate your attentiveness however, it has been a very warm welcome. Might we reconvene for breakfast, Billy?"

Report Post Tip

Billy smiled.

"I would be happy to, we will be staying in the same building so we won't be far from one another."

Billy made his way to the apartment building where he lived and led Connie inside taking her things from the trunk for her. He left the keys in the ignition and the car was driven away to be parked somewhere out of site. The car was not his, he had only borrowed it for the evening. It was one of the dozen or so he kept in various garages around the city for use by the Ligambi family if needed.

"I'm on the twelfth floor. You will be on the tenth, it was the only other apartment I could get at short notice, so unfortunately it's only got one bathroom and two bedrooms besides the kitchen and the living area. If you'd like though, you're welcome to stay at my place for the time you're here and I'll stay down on ten."

He said the last bit more like a question than a fact. He knew some people liked to spread out and have their space, and others were fine with whatever they were given. Billy was one of the second set of people, but he had to keep up appearances for the sake of his position, so he got himself the penthouse apartment to go with all the other trimmings. Most nights he slept in the HQ.

"The pantry should already be stocked, and a cleaning woman will come to clean once a week on Saturdays, but if there's anything else you need, just let me know."

He smiled and stepped into the elevator after Connie.

"Any questions before I send you on your way?"

Report Post Tip

"You have been most delightful, Mr. Mastros-... Billy. My concern is now the degree of work I shall have to exert to return the favor one day."

She stepped out onto the tenth floor and tentatively opened the door to the apartment. As expected, it was wonderful. She placed her luggage inside the door, adjusted its position then took a step inside. A look back followed with a smile and a nod of courtesy to Mastrosimone. 

"I cannot quite express my gratitude for such a thoughtful arrangement. Also that of the delivery from the airport, you have been terribly kind. Goodnight, Billy, I look forward to breakfast."

She delicately closed the door to avoid excessive noise then made a dart for the window. With a hop and a bound, soon Connie was looking over the city of Detroit. A long way from home, however thoroughly comfortable. 

Report Post Tip

Unfortunate that her visit should be over so soon. Despite her reservations about the more physical aspects of the purpose for her meeting with Mr Mastrosimone, Connie was saddened to leave. Detroit had been a wonderful experience and the hospitality provided by Billy some of the best she had experienced in a long, long time.

From the aircraft she waved to Billy_Mastrosimone, then settled in for her flight. 

Report Post Tip

After a long day in detroit ,Clown has to catch a quick flight home...he has the cab drop him off at Wayne County Airport.Clown grabs hi suitcase and dufflebag and walks into the terminal to see if he could book a flight home.while standing the and the lady befind the counter,she was able to get him on the next flight in and hour . Clown takes this buys hiss pass,and has an hour he strolled into the tavern in the airport for a drink until his flight is ready.

Report Post Tip

It was a busy morning for Shady, he had been attending to some business and even made the time to take a few shots at the shooting range. He arrived at the airport in a hurry needing to be in Las Vegas for some important meetings.

As his driver halted the car and he got out, he was greeted by a chilly wind almost knocking him off balance. After adjusting his stance he proceeded undeterred to the departure terminal. To his surprise there was only 1 terminal.

"I remember this place being bigger " he muttered to himself as he shrugged off the wind and entered the building.

Everything was going smoothly until he was stopped by what looked like a rent a cop with a toy gun.

"Excuse me sir but we have a problem. " the security guard utters...    Shady looked at him with intent...  "What seems to be the problem...."   then looking closer at his name tag...  " Mr ShitzShady stares at Mr Shitz with a comical look on his face.

"Sir it seems you are carrying weapons... my guard dog here smells gunpowder on you sir. It is the policy of this airport to deny such people service. We have a zero tolerance policy on weapons of any kind sir."

a slight hint of aggression flashes in Shady's eyes as he pulls a custom .45 caliber colt 1911 aimed straight at Mr Shitz's face.

" You mean weapons like this ? Mr Shithead.. ? "   Mr Shitz suddenly moved backwards at speed and tripped over his guard dog Mr Mittens...

Shady takes a few steps forward while aiming straight between Mr Shitz eyes.   " I don't care for rent a cop dickheads !!.. are there any planes available at this moment?Trembling uncontrollably  Mr Shitz shat himself while mumbling... "There are no planes at the moment only in a few hours sir.... please no no no... please don't shoot sir  I have a family..."   "How sad for them .... " Shady says.

Shady pistol-whips the shithead across the face , turns around and heads back to his waiting car...  "Fucking useless mini ports. Fuck sakes"

He growls at his driver... "Mac call the office and delay my meeting.he gets into his car, lights up a cigar and takes a few slow drags as he heads back to the HQ

Report Post Tip

Tutte came flying home from Vegas late this eveing, he was tired as hell and hastly went through out to get a taxi, and asked the driver to drive to the nearest hotel since it was well over sleeping-time, he drove safely and fast and it only took him ten minutes to arrive to the hotell, Tutte thanked him and gave some ectra money for him since he did well driving safe and fast and thats whats he loved when going by cab.

Report Post Tip

Another day another trip out in the wilderness, Tutte hasnt yet decided where to gor from warmly detroit but after some wondering he deciided to buy tickets to fly over to The Big Apple and do some business over there during the day and also sleep over there wasnt impossible he thought.

Tutte walked ove to that gate where the NY-flight in an hour will go flying away from here.

Report Post Tip

After collecting my backpack from the Baggage Claim area, I headed for the Airport entrance to flag down a taxi to bring me to the closest burger spot in town.

I stepped through the Airport exit and noticed a taxi cab idling in the pickup area and I headed over. "Hey, are you on the clock right now?" I asked the cab driver. 

"Yes, I just finished up my lunch," he said.

"Right on, I'm hungry myself. I'd appreciate it if you could drive me over to the closest burger joint," I replied.

The cab driver smiled and waved me into the backseat, "sure thing, I know just the place."

I hopped in the backseat and we headed down the street almost right around the corner.

Report Post Tip

Lordian makes his way across the tarmac. His bright red hair peeking out from under his cap. He pulls his suit jacket closer as he approaches the terminal building and steps inside. his eyes gaze across the sea of people just before landing on his target, statuesque as she was sitting near the edge of the terminal, waiting patiently.

He donned an accent he had heard from one of the films he had seen recently, it didn't technically belong anywhere. people were calling it a trans-Atlantic accent since it was made for the movies really and wasn't rooted in reality.

"I've come home to you darling Talia. Now, come, let me sweep my darling dear off of her feet and into our waiting car for an evening spent re-uniting and reacquainting."

He winked and smirked at her awaiting the physical punishment he was sure to receive by her hands.

Report Post Tip

Talia stood in the exact spot she told him and didn't move until he found her. It was the best way to meet up, especially in a place as busy as the airport. A smile beamed from her face as she saw him approach her, a smile that quickly turned into confusion when he began speaking. 

Perhaps it was the jet lag or maybe he caught something while he was away. Either way he had done lost his shit or at least that is what she had thought. 

"You go away for a couple days and come back broken, what the hell did they do to you out there?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lordian chuckled and then returned to his normal self. "Well I guess that joke landed rather flat then. I'll take that into consideration next time I think of something to say to you to break the ice. You seen any of those films by the way? Some of these actors really go over the top."

He gestured for her to lead the way toward wherever she had parked the car.

After they had made their way to a quieter part of the terminal where there weren't so many ears around he leaned in and lowered his voice. "So, did you hear what happened while I was away? it's something specific, something maybe to do with buttons." He wasn't going to go into any further detail, but he was very proud of himself and wanted to share it with someone who might understand.

He looked out at the blustery weather and turned to Talia. "Please tell me you brought a car this time."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Wayne County Airport
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL