Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 04:04:32
Page:  1 
Moving up in the world Started by: Joey_Pavanno on Feb 14, '19 08:41

Joe sat at his office desk, his eyes roaming the reports that had been given by his men and women, he knew that business had not been that good and things had yet to improve. He was moving booze in trucks and he had yet to see a return,  back in the old country, this scheme would have made him some money and earned him a couple grand, each week, yet he did not see a single fucking return and that was what bothered him, was he losing his touch? Maybe he was, maybe he had been too focused on business that had nothing to do with the life at hand.

Was this his fate? Was he meant to be shipping booze and making mediocre money from such a plan, he did not care and he just needed some cash to work on some projects that he knew would take a hefty sum of Scarola, yet his crew was bringing in peanuts and he knew that he did not have much time to make this work, he looked over to a glass case that held the very Ruby amulet that he had yet to learn about, only that was not on his mind today, he needed to make some kind of cash, he was not going to do that by sitting on his arse all day. 

"Devlin! Devlin you sack of shite, get the fuck in here!"

Joe called out in his thick British accent that seemed to become thicker as he became a bit ticked off, the man known as Devlin rushed inside, tripping over himself, much to the amusement of Joe who sat there watching him with his smirk still in place before letting out a chesty cough and eying the young lad. 

"Devlin, you've expressed a bit of a grievance that you believe you are not doing the correct work that you should be, you want to move up higher from doorman to a mover on the streets, trust me, I understand the game and I respect the hustle you're doing. Listen, I need you to go visit Ruiz in Los Angeles and get him to agree to a deal, can you be my eyes and ears? Can you become my man on this job? Do me this solid and I'll make sure that you get the respect and rewards that you so greatly deserve."

Joe waved him away, knowing that the kid had a flight to catch and meet with Ruiz of Los Illario Cartel, he knew that his nephew once had business with the man and now, he could possibly use that relationship to further himself, making sure that the connections his nephew made did not go unused.

Report Post Tip

Devlin was a man that worked for the Irish crew under Finan, once they started to work for the mob, Devlin saw what he could do and decided to make a name for himself, knowing that his own personal stock could rise with the help of their newest ally. He started to do some small times jobs, watching over the businesses and helping out with other business that did not really have an impact on his own standing with the association, yet it did allow him to get closer to Joe and it got him a nice little stake in the family. He was finally able to get close enough to the point that Joe trusted him.

Now he was meeting with El Jefe Ruiz of Los Illario Cartel, they controlled a few warehouses and some ports in Los Angeles, they were lowkey and ready to make waves. They mostly dealt in Drugs and Guns, the business was dirty and very likely to get some of them killed, yet it did not mean a single thing to Devlin, he was here to make a name for himself and that was something he would do right now.

He walked down the streets and entered a small diner, he noticed that there were some greasers, men who were not like him and settled for harassing the locals, getting spare change here and there. Obviously, they did not know what his association with the mob was and decided they would try to intimidate him as he ordered himself a nice chocolate slice of cake. 

"Look who we got here fellas, we got a nice little laddie here with us, one of the Irish fuckers that keep taking down our trucks! Should we teach this little mick bastard a lesson in respect?"

Devlin turned around, a small innocent smile twitching at his lips before he noticed that there were three greasers, one was in the middle, clearly, he was the leader of this small pack of wolves. He stepped forward, slipping his switchblade in his hand as he watched the man closely, the slightest twitch they made, he would make sure that they would be on the floor within a second.

"We got a problem that we need to sort out here boys? Or do you want to walk out of here with your dignity intact? It is your choice and this is the one warning I am giving to each of you."

Little did Devlin know that he was being watched by an associate of Los Illario Cartel.

Report Post Tip

Hector had been sitting in the diner of Los Robles, he was enjoying some fine pie that was made by the cook, Wendy, she was a good woman and someone that he enjoyed visiting. He did this every week and had a nice sit-down after he had a long day at work, working with Ruiz was not something that anyone did because it was the easiest and quickest way to make money, it allowed for a nice time off with your family if you requested it. Only he had no family and instead, worked his ass off for Ruiz, being recognized as a good earner and overall, a man that could one day run his own cartel.

Now though, with the mob moving in, a lot of them showing muscle and with the death of the kid, business was slow and shit was not going so well. Still, they made their money, yet the deal with Mael was supposed to put them on the map, make the cartel one of the most feared national gangs in the world. They had some sway, yet with the favor being swung into that of the Italian Mob, they were slowly losing their key money-earner, cocaine.

There were rumors of another Pavanno running around here somewhere, Joseph, a man that had been a boss back in England, they heard of him and what he did. He was a man that fought against the New Orleans Mob, even battling his own personal associates back home. He was bringing his business here, they had heard that the man had been involved with some Irish fellas and Hector was sure that the man getting into it right now with the greasers was definitely a leprechaun

Hector decided to stand up, making his way to counter and motioning for Wendy to head to the back, knowing that this situation could get bloody, real quick, and the last thing they needed was more bodies dropping that the feds on the take had to explain to their higher-ups.

"Gentlemen, is there a problem here that needs to be sorted out? Something tells me that this man here wants to eat his preferred dessert and be on his way, you understand don't you?"

Hector was making it clear to the greasers and their leader that this was not a question, they would be thrown out of here or dragged out, he did not care whether they were alive or not. They needed to learn a bit of respect, he would be more than happy to teach them.

"Really? I think we could stay here and help him out, he doesn't belong here amigo"

Hector chuckled before looking at the man that had been watching him ever since he decided to help him out, it was here that he noticed the greasers had stepped forward, trying to threaten them and it was a rather poor attempt at intimidation was the thought going through Hector's head, something that would not work, he shrugged before stepping forward.

Report Post Tip

If someone entered the diner of Los Robles right then, they would have called the police as the greasers had lain on the floor, beaten and bloodied, their formerly handsome faces now bloodied and contorted in pain, the soft chime of the door opening was heard as some men walked inside, nodding to Hector who walked away and started to take care of the bodies, while the men who had just entered walked over to Devlin who was eating some chocolate cake that he had cut for himself after beaten down those fools. 

"I hear that we have someone of the Emerald City joining us, I hear that man is you."

Devlin yawned, stretching his arms high above his head before he simply allowed them to settle on the counter. He did notice that this man seemed to carry a higher authority than that of the man who had helped with the punks earlier who wanted to make a name for themselves, he sighed before deciding to interest the man with some conversation, knowing that not responding could get him a one way ticket to the town of beatings, population: him. 

"I am that someone, it's nice to meet an official member of the Ilario Cartel, my boss has mentioned that you once had an association with his family. Your boss was going to do business with us in exchange for support and backing, we want to jumpstart the relationship once again, providing you with the support that only we can provide."

The man had smiled for a single second before motioning another man, this said man was dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and black slacks with boots, he was clearly a man of some taste as a creme colored fedora sat on his head tilted forward, concealing him a bit from Devlin.

"Well, meet El Jefe Ruiz, this is the man that you make the deals with me and make sure to treat him with respect, little man."

Devlin nodded before stating his name clearly to the superior before him, he needed to close this deal and soon, otherwise he would not be getting recognized for his deeds here today.

Report Post Tip

"Why does Joey send you? As I am concerned, the business with the Pavanno Crew is all but done, our connections and many others do not wish to ally themselves with such an organization, we are only some of the people that have seen the destruction that your life brings. With Mael, the kid was easy and very good with money, he once had a good couple million stashed away for emergencies, now though, I see you and your outfit, it ain't the same, I'm going to need some reassurance that you are not going to fuck with us and use us like one uses the common hooker on a Saturday night out."

Devlin had allowed himself a small snicker before allowing his mask to step into place, shielding him from any attacks that the man opposite him might say to lure him into a false sense of security, where he would feel like he was in control and the truth was that he was not in control. He was simply a liaison of the Pavanno Crew, he knew that Ruiz held all the chips in this situation and his hand was barely enough to get him by. He leaned forward, motioning for a coffee from the waitress who nodded and got right onto it. 

"Mr. Ruiz, us back at the Emerald City, we notice your group and we notice your rivals, the Cordelia Cartel back in Sinaloa, not to mention the many others that have yet to get a foothold into the states, but they do have contacts with the Pavanno family. We are wanting to do business with you because you are local, you are worth the money and heat, we know what it means to get in bed with other people and we know it means that we may have to do things that go against our code."

Devlin stopped himself with forced cough as he noticed the waitress staring him down before carefully serving him his coffee, he gave her a fifty and put some cream inside the bitter-tasting coffee that he found himself drinking a lot of. He stirred before taking a cautious sip and humming with delight. 

"Now, Mr. Ruiz, we are willing to give you connections into the Emerald City that you would not usually have, connections that would allow you to import more of your fine medicinal and hardware products that would make it a lot easier for you if you allied with us, I'm not saying that you have to agree, but the benefits give you more profit and a whole new revenue stream, if you allow it."

Devlin raised his cup of coffee to his lips, waiting to hear what the Boss of the Ilario Cartel had to say regarding his proposal...

Report Post Tip

"Connections, import, and more profit. What man doesn't want to hear that?"

Ruiz looked over the man, he could see the way that the man had tried to assert himself, he was either promising things that he could not deliver on or things that made sense enough that he would get in a minor amount of discipline for bringing someone like him into the fold. He had no problem with it, the business in Los Angeles had started to get rough and he preferred peace, he could easily work from the comforts of the Emerald City if that was in his cards, he knew the amount of money that he could make from this deal and it was profitable for both parties. 

"Is your boss okay with you making such a deal? All for a slice of my products, it would prove invaluable for me and profitable for me. I welcome such an agreement if only I get to meet the man himself, set up the meet Devlin and I will see the type of man this person is, if he suits the criteria that I have in mind of him, then I will gladly do business with him, if not, well, it was a pleasure making your acquaintance."

Devlin watched the man stand from his seat as he continued to sip from his cream coffee, he could see that the man was a player and he was wanting to see if the man known as Joey Pavanno matched up with what he wanted in a businessman, he had a feeling that Joseph had made a new business partner, he would finally get the recognition that he so greatly deserved, he finished off his coffee before sighing and ordering another cup, knowing that he did not need to get back to Joe at this instance, he had just negotiated his first deal and it would be profitable for both parties if it was agreed. 

"To the future.."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Moving up in the world
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL