Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 00:07:37
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Surprise! I'm Home. Started by: Luis_Patangeli on Feb 15, '19 11:08

Luis was enjoying his evening alone, he hadn't had much time to himself lately and he was making the most of it.. The streets of Philly were extremely quiet tonight.. probably because of that fucking storm.. it had been raining the past three days with no end in sight... he was just drifting off into sleep when his telephone rang.. it was Joe.. he was due to be back in town by the end of the week.. Luis sat up, feeling esctatic for his partner in crime to return when he heard a single knock at the door then a brief silence before a rapid fire of knocking occurs. 

“Hey Dad! I know you’re in there, I can here you talking. Open the door.”

Startled by the knocking on his apartment door he quickly reached for his gun until he heard the voice.. was that his daughter?

"Valencia?? Is that you?" Luis said as he set the gun back down... hanging up the phone and walking towards the door

“No it’s the boogeyman... yes it me.... you gonna let me in or no?” she replied as he opened the door...

Luis was flabbergasted as he stood in the doorway.. he hadn't seen his daughter in nearly ten years since her mother took her to California after their divorce.. she was only what.. twelve years old then?

"Well.. yes... come inside! Make yourself at home.." Luis motioned for her to enter quickly as he peered around outside.. his bodyguard shrugged and walked away

Valencia took a step into the doorway and wrapped her arms around Luis. He was just as she remembered, well everything but a bit older.

”Surprise! I hope you don’t mind this unexpected visit.”

He embraced her back before shutting the door..

"Unexpected is right. When did you fly into Philly? I thought you was going to that school.. college.. or whatever.. your mom is gonna be pissed when she hears about this..." Luis rushed over to the table where he left his pack of smokes and took one out and lit up.. letting out a sigh of relief along with some smoke...

"Ah.. that's better... how did you even find me kid? It's not like I'm listed in the yellow pages.."

She placed her hands in her pockets and rocked back and forth twice. It was a question she didn’t want to answer but knew she had to. 

“Well you see... I kind of dropped out. It just wasn’t my cup of tea and as for mom. Well she still doesn’t know, I don’t plan on telling her hence why I’m here.”

She picked her head up and gave him an innocent look with a smile. 

“Anyways, I knew you were in Philadelphia. Seems you’ve made quite the name for yourself, I was talking with some guy at the airport. Introduced myself and well the Patangeli name led me here.” Luis shook his head

"Dammit I told Larry to stop telling people he knew me.. son of a bitch isn't getting a tip next time...."

“Hey! If anything you should thank Larry. Without his help it may have taken me weeks to track you down. Unless you wanted to avoid me finding you?” she replied innocently

"Guess that's a good point.. but you know there's always a phone? You could of just called... but oh yea.. you dropped out of college and wind up on my doorstep.. I guess a call wouldn't have ended so great" he shook his head

"And you missy.. you know education is all your mom ever wanted for you... but I understand... I hate them god dam books myself.." he let off a grin and put his arm around her

"You can stay here as long as you like... but your gonna have to get a job! I don't support no bums in my household..." he let go and walked to the counter and poured a drink for himself

She let out a small yawn, it had been a long day already but knew it was far from over. She followed him over to the counter and watched him pour himself a drink, she was kind of expecting him to pour her one as well so when he didn’t she gave him a bit of a look. 

“A job, sure no problem. You know anyone hiring?” She glances down at the bottle and the glass in his hand. 

“Where’s my glass?”

"I do actually... Ms. Bella Byrne down at the South Philly Employment Agency... she's a real good friend of mine and I think she is looking for a secretary.. you'd be perfect for the job you should go see her..." he glanced down at the glass being pushed in his direction and back at Valencia who smiled at him

"Are you even 21 yet??" he sighed and picked up the bottle and poured a drink for her 

"What's it matter.. your grandfather was giving me booze when I was 15..." he pushed the glass back towards her

“I wanted this all to be a surprise, plus it’s harder for you to yell at me when I’m here standing in front of you.”

She gave him a smirk as she picked up the glass, giving the contents a gentle swirl inside the glass. 

“Bella Byrne, South Philly Employment Agency. Mental note taken. You can have someone take me down there tomorrow, right?”

She didn’t really give him much a choice on that, nor a chance to answer before moving onto the next topic on her mind, the drink.

”First off I’m 22, did you really forget how old I was? Secondly what does 21 have to do with anything. I’ve been drinking since I was... uhm.. 20... yeah 20.” 

"Surpriiiiise!!?" he said jokingly letting off a smirk as he watched her stir the contents of her drink.. he was happy to hear she would go and see Bella.. even if it did mean he had to get someone to drive her down there....

"Of course I know how old you are....uh.. how could I forget.." he cleared his throat and made his way over to his window to look down at the street.. things were quiet..

"I guess your age don't matter anyways.. god dam prohibition.. its illegal for me to be drinking too.." he laughed before turning back around and walking to the coat rack..

"So.. I've got some business that I need to go and take care of.. you stay here.. I'll have one of my guys stay behind and guard the place while your here..."

Vale brought the glass to her lips and took a sip, it was good stuff, top notch. Though it did feel a bit odd drinking in front of him, almost as if she was being judged by it. After the one sip she placed glass back down.

”Business? Anything I can help with?”

As he put his coat on he turned and smiled at her

"Ahh, just a bunch of old people talking politics.. you'd be bored to death in the first hour..." he opened the front door and barked at his bodyguard to get the car ready before closing the door again and turning his attention back to Vale

"Unless.. you want to come? You know you can't come inside to the meeting but you can always wait in the car with Vito.. I think you two have already met? he chuckled and shook his head

"Nevermind... I think that was Joe.."

"Oh, politics... yeah I'd rather hang here and take a nap. That is if you really don't need me."

She took a look over her shoulder, she had yet had the tour of the place so she didn't know what was where.

"Nah, probably better you hang back here and get yourself acquainted with the place..." he points at his bottle of whiskey on the counter and glances back at Vale

"Just don't get too acquainted with my bottle of whiskey.. kapeesh?" he grinned and left out the door thinking to himself.. that bottle is gonna be gone by the time he gets back.. might as well grab another one while i'm out.

Vale watched as her father left the apartment, he left behind Vito who took a seat in the living room. She grabbed the bottle of whiskey and made her way to the living room, sitting across from Vito.

"Care for a drink?"

Vito looked towards the door then back at Vale and nodded. With a smile Vale poured out two glasses and pass one to him.

"So.. Vito tell me. My father, he's connected isn't he?"

Vito picked up the drink from the table and took a swig

"Well... your father is a uh.. very important man.. kind of like a senator" he said nervously as Vale glared at him.. he quickly took another swig and set down the glass on the table

"Hmm... You seem a bit nervous, why don't you drink some more."

She poured a bit more in his glass, topping it off.

"Relax Vit, drink up."

Vito loved to drink.. his father despised him for it.. but Luis and Joe don't mind.. and it seems Luis' daughter doesn't either..

"Thanks.. Luis always does have the best whiskey..." he picked the drink back up and took another few swigs

"So... your father really never told you what he does for a living..." he chuckled a bit and finished off his drink before setting it down on the table and waiting for some more...

"You think he can afford all of this.. the cars.. the bodyguards.. fancy jewelry.. on a union employee salary?" he said glancing back up at Valencia

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $260,000 Tip

Vale swirled the amber whiskey within her glass before bringing it to her lips. She took a tiny sip, just enough to cover her mouth with. This whiskey was good, it wasn’t the kind you pounded to get drunk, it was the kind you sat back and enjoyed. It had been a while since she’s had whiskey this good, actually she could remember the last time. Usually it was whatever the cheapest she could get, typically the stuff you chugged just to get you buzzed. 

By the looks of it Vito was quite enjoying it as well, was like giving a kid some candy. She figured if she kept on forcing this stuff in his direction that it would be easier to get some answers from the guy. Answers that her father might be a bit reluctant to tell her. It had been 10 years since she had seen him, so she knew he still looked at her like a child. Though a child she wasn’t. 

“Well all I ever knew was that he worked in some loan office and that he also worked with the Labor Union. I never got pictures and the times I actually did talk to him he never divulged his living conditions. I will say though it does kind of make sense. I know he was sending my mother money monthly, never asked how much but we lived fairly well. Well above the means of a general store employee that my mother was.”

Vale took another sip of her whiskey, this time a bit more then the last. Leaning forward she placed the glass on the table in front of her and leaned forward towards Vito. She caught him in mid drink but could see he was giving her a glance.

“So I guess the bigger question of the hour is how connected is he? I mean he has bodyguards, that’s not something anyone ordinary has.”

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Vito was unsure how to answer Valencia's question.. his head was spinning.. and all he could think about was the taste of that alcohol.. he picked up the glass and took another swig.. letting out a "Ahhh" sound in enjoyment... he was feeling THAT much more drunk... what were they talking about... OH.. yea Luis...

"Then you have noticed!" he burped and laughed and continued

"You seeeee me with a bodyguards? Nooo! I AM the guard..." he smiled at Vale

"If I tell you... It's gotta be OUR little shecret!" he motioned for some more liquor.. his glass was empty yet again..

Report Post Tip

Vale smiled, she knew she had him exactly where she wanted him. Her plan has worked wonders up to this point, now she just needed to keep the conversation and the whiskey flowing. Reaching to her right Vale grabbed the the brown bottle in her hand, the top was already off. This was a more then one drink type occasion, there was no need to close the bottle back up. 

Vale leaned a bit further more over the table and poured the whiskey three quarters of the way into Vito’s glass. She wasn’t sure how well he was able to hold his liquor but already seen the signs he was getting drunk. The obvious slurred speech and the sweat, it was a bit warmer in Luis apartment but not hot enough to cause the amount of sweat coming out of him. The liquor was definitely making him over heat. 

Before putting the bottle down Vale topped of her glass as well, was only the first time she had topped off her own glass. 

“Oh of course, this is just and you and I talk.”

Placing the bottle back on the table, she lifted her glass and sat back into the nook of her chair. 

“Anyways, what were you about to say?”

Report Post Tip

Vito clumsily leaned forward and almost knocked the drink over.. he quickly gathered himself before glancing up at Vale who leaned forward to catch him... he grinned before posturing himself back into his seat and grabbing his drink..

"Whhooopsie.. almost had a tipsy daisy there..." he giggled feeling more relaxed with Vale.. he downed his drink and slammed it down in the table

"WOO thats the good shit!" he shook his head, letting off a bitter look on his face before grinning again

"SHOOO WHEAR was I?" he glanced around.. I guess double checking the surrounding to make sure no one was around before continuing

"That's right.. your pops! Great guy he is.. helped my father out back in the day... He was in a bit of a jam with the police.. witness had him pinpointed an everythanggg!" he pushed the glass forward looking for more alcohol almost falling over again

"But your father.. made that witness an offer they couldn't refuse!" Vito leaned in hushing his voice

"Know why?.. because your father is part of the American..-" Joe walked through the door and caught the two on the couch.. Vito flung back and immediately turned his attention to Joe

"Hey.. the fuck is going on in here?" Joe may have a pretty face, but his temper was shorter than a wick on a firecracker..

"Look bosssh! We wushnt doing nuffing! Just getting a bit.. tipsy daisy?" he grinned holding up his empty cup towards Joe who stepped towards him and smacked him on the head

"You drunk idiot.. your suppose to be watching the boss' daughter not shmoozing her up.." he motioned for Vito to scram out of the room.. who didn't argue..

"I'm sorry about that kiddo.. fucking guy hasn't been the same since his brother died.. him and the bottle is all he understands now.." he shakes his head and sits down across from her.. picking up the bottle and grinning

"I see you found some of your pops' best whiskey.." he filled up the glass Vito left behind and sipped on it and set it down

"So what were you too talking about anyways.. I heard him say something about America or some other nonsense..." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Vale took a sip from her glass, Vito was about to tell her everything. That was until a “Hey.. the fuck” could be heard echoing through the room. Vito whipped his head around, while Vale slowly turned hers. She wasn’t overly worried about getting caught sitting around drinking, she wasn’t the one supposed to be watching anyone. The only thing that bother her a bit was the fact he came in just a couple seconds too early. Vito was just about to spill it all, the truth was within her grasp but nooooo not anymore. 

She watched as Vito stumbled away and as Joe poured himself a drink out of the bottle. 

“Well I didn’t so much find it, it wasn’t really hidden. It’s quite good though, surely the best stuff I’ve ever had.”

She raised her glass towards Joe then took another small sip. 

“We weren’t really talking about much. Just brought up my childhood and then the past ten years of my life. Ten years without seeing my father. You know all that kind of stuff and in regards to the American or America thing Vito was about to say I assume it had something to do with the US economy? I was talking about what I was majoring in before I left college. Economics by the way. So yeah guessing it was something about that, you cut him off though so we will never know.”

Vale smiled and took another sip from her glass, she was hoping he would believe her and hoped it all came out well. 

“I thought you were with my father? Is he back as well?”

Report Post Tip

Joe smiled before taking a swig off his drink and setting it back down gently... He wasn't sure if he trusted her.. he could have SWORN Vito was about to say Mafia after American.. but he was going to let it slide and change the subject...

"Be lucky it was only ten years for you! I haven't seen my deadbeat dad in almost 23 years since he left me an moms when i was about 6 years old..." he leaned back and cleared his throat before continuing

"Your father is down the street at that produce stall buying fruit again.. He always insists on buying a few pieces even though it sits around and rots.." Joe points at the Bananas gaining spots on the counter with fruit flies hovering around them

"He should be up in a few minutes.. So you were reading them books in college on the US economy and what not huh?.. They teach you any tricks to the stock market kid? Your uncle Joe is tryna make a few quick bucks..." he smirked before reaching for his glass of liquor to take a sip

Report Post Tip

Vale leaned back in her chair, the glass of whiskey still within her grasp. She continuously swirled the contents ever so slowly, creating a small vortex in her glass. She brought the glass to her lips, the whiskey flowed softly over her lips as she took a sip. 

"Well you see I don't blame him, well not anymore at least. For the longest time I thought he was a deadbeat, I barely ever heard from him. Very minimal contact. Though it was about a year ago, I was home at my mothers place during some kind of break. Was going through some boxes in the attic, looking for some old pictures. I came across a box, like a bigger box." She paused to take another sip. "Opened it up and guess what I found.... Joe raised an eyebrow in anticipation. "Letter's, well over a hundred of them. Addressed to me. He had been writing me all these years and I didn't even know it. My mother kept them from me, I confronted her about it. Needless to say she didn't know how to respond."

Vale took another sip of her whiskey, this time a rather large gulp that finished off the contents. She leaned forward and placed the glass onto the table before continuing.

"I stormed out, told her I was going back to Detroit. You know back to school. What she didn't know though was that I dropped out a year prior, so instead of going back to Detroit I came here and well here we are."

She looked Joe right in the eyes, interlocked her hands and placed them on her lap.

"Dad.... Luis... does not know this yet. You will make sure you say nothing, right? This is between us."

Joe nodded then picked up the whiskey bottle and poured Vale another glass.

Vale smiled.

"Anyways, I did study economics while I was in school. It was super boring, never grasped the whole stock market thing. Though I did learn one quite handy skill while I was out there. Take a guess, what do you think it is?"

Vale picked the glass off the table and held it in her hand, she sat back in the chair waiting to see if he would guess it.

Report Post Tip

Joe had drifted off into thought.. this whiskey was mighty good how come Luis never shared this shit with me... he glanced up at Vale who was tapping her fingers on her glass, and grinned when it caught his attention

"Unless you went to school to learn how to fix them stock market deals, then shit kid I don't know.. did you learn how to bake a pie?" Joe giggled a bit who noticed Vale was not laughing.. Joe shook his head and set the drink back down

"You know, your father gives me that same dam look when he's not happy with what I just said.. so spit it out kid I ain't no mind reader.." 

Report Post Tip

Vale tilted her head sideways and narrowed her eyes at Joe. Did he really say "did you learn how to bake a pie?"

"Really? Bake a pie? Do I look like the pie baking type?"

Her eyes were still fixated on Joe who was now looking her up and down, trying to figure out if she really was the pie making type. He didn't respond quickly, she had a feeling what he was going to say. So before he could open his mouth she responded for him.

"Don't answer that if you know what's good for you!"

It was really an empty threat but her delivery was spot on, not a single crease of a smile or a twitch of any facial features. It was almost as if she was dead serious. Joe picked up the glass in front of him and took a swig, a swig that emptied the glass. Feeling this was a bit of a challenge Vale picked up her glass and did the same, though there was a bit more in her glass. She wasn't able to contain the entirety of the contents as a couple dribbles of whiskey ran out of the corner of her lip. Using the back of her hand she wiped it off like nothing happened.

Slamming the glass on the table, Vale looked up and gave Joe a rather large smile.

"ANYWAYS!!!! As I was trying to have you guess. Which was a terrible idea, I'll remind myself to not play this guessing game with you anymore." She let out a sigh before continuing. "So as I was saying, while I was in Detroit I took a job in a nightclub. Was just doing the bartender thing, was good money. A month after I started I was running the place, well the business aspect of things. You know the numbers, the liquor deals etc.... Things were going quite well, profits were up 250%, that was until the idiot owner started went into business with the Colombians. Funneling cocaine through the club, which quickly got tipped off to the FBN. Needless to say the club got raided and was shutdown. The owner is serving a lifetime sentence."

Vale reached for the now almost empty bottle of whiskey, pouring a tad bit more in her glass and a tad bit more in Joe's glass.

"So yeah, I'm quite good with working numbers and negotiations. I'd say that's quite the skill, wouldn't you say?"

Joe remembered a raw deal they had with some Colombians some few months ago and started to wonder.. maybe these were the same guys that they had dealt with... Nah.. all those fuckers were either dead or locked up.. he picked up his drink and went to to take a swig as he listened to Vale talk some more.. It wasn't until it reached his face he noticed it was empty and he sighed slamming it down on the table.. he grinned, feeling slightly embarrassed..

"So your good with numbers ah? That's definitely a good skill to have.. Say you should bring that up to your dad, we run these football cards from time to time maybe you could run the thing for him and fix some of the numbers and turn our profits up.. Fucking Sonny is no good with number and-" Joe was getting worked up, anything that had to do with a money scheme excited him but he quickly realized WHO he was talking business with...

"I mean uh.. Nevermind.. It's not my place to be talking business you know.. your father could have my ass if he found out..." he quickly poured himself a drink and tried to change the subject but he noticed she was not interested in talking about anything else than what her father did for a living.. he sighed and picked up the drink and took a large swig before setting it back down gently.. awaiting the barrage of questions about the illegal gambling cards Joe was just talking about...

Report Post Tip

Things were starting to become a bit more clear now, here she thought it would have been Vito who spilled the beans but it wasn’t him it was Joe. The moment he spewed out the numbers games on the football cards it was reassurance at what she already expected. Her father was involved in more then just the Labor Union, he had his hand in some under ground stuff. Now it was just a matter of figuring out to what extent he was involved. 

This was the prime opportunity to get some more answers, she could see in Joes face that he knew she had him where she wanted him. The only way for him to get out of this would be to actually answer her. 

Vale reached for the bottle of whiskey and went to pour it into her glass but it was empty. Her and Vito, her and Joe had finished the bottle. Though she didn’t feel drunk in fact she felt quite good. Now if she were to stand up it may be a different story, thankfully she was seated for her own safety. 

“Well seems we are out of whiskey, you know where my father keeps hisnother good stuff?”

Joe nodded. “His liquor cabinet in his office, it’s under lock and key. He’s the only one with a key.”

Vale let out a sigh, seemed no more drinks would be had right now. That only left one thing, the bombardment of questions.

”So, number game during football season, meaning gambling. Bodyguards. Head of the Labor Union. What else is going on around here Joe?”

Joe let off a weak grin, he could surely use more of that whiskey.. staring at his empty glass he wasn't sure how to respond, but knowing she was going to find out one way or another.. he decided to spill the beans

"Your a smart young woman... I would be an idiot to try and lie to you.." setting his empty glass down he grinned before continuing

"There is no easy way to put this.. or a way to sugarcoat it.. your father is a member of the American Mafia.. or La Cosa Nostra as we call it..." he cut himself short as he heard the door open behind him.. he quickly turned to see who it was..

"Hey Boss, how was Eddie down at the fruit stand?" Joe said as Luis quickly set down the bag of fruit on the table..

"Fuck Eddie... what's wrong with Vito? The fucking guy is drunk out of his mind downstairs crying on my stoop about his fucking brother again.. I told you Joe that guy need's to get his shit together.." Luis said glaring at Joe, and then glancing at Vale with a smile

"I'll drop him off at the AA clinic bullshit tonight.. or maybe get his dad to talk some sense into him.." Joe quickly replied as he stood up

"You want me to go and handle that?" Luis nodded as he walked to the doors of his office and unlocked it with his keys

"Yea take him the fuck home... and pickup another carton of vanilla Ice cream on the way home.. Vale ate the one you bought again last night..." Luis said staring at Vale who stuck her tongue out as he entered his office with Joe

"Sure thing boss.. anything else?" Luis made sure he was out of hearing distance.. so he thought.. but Vale was listening

"Yea.. you know that guy Terry Mascarpone?" Luis said with a whisper

"The guy who runs the sandwich shop down on 25th Street... What about him?" Joe replied

"I need you and Sonny to head down there tomorrow and pick me up my "sandwich".. he's behind 30 days on his payments" Luis hushed himself as Vale appeared in the doorway

"Hey kiddo, give us some privacy I'll be out in a second..." Vale rolled her eyes at him and asked for another bottle of whiskey.. she walked away and Luis shook his head

"Did you catch that? Oh and I don't want no dead bodies.. If the guy dies there's not going to be one body in that river.. there will be two..." he patted Joe on the back after he nodded

"Good now get out of here.. take Vito home.. Leave Tony to watch the street for me and enjoy the rest of your night... should be pretty quiet the rest of the night..." he pulled a bottle from his liquor cabinet and rejoined Vale in the living room.. he sat down across from her letting out a deep sigh before opening the bottle and refilling her cup, along with a fresh glass for himself

"So how was your day while I was gone.. anything interesting happen?" he said smiling at her

Report Post Tip

All it took was a bottle of whiskey for Vale to get her answer, it was an answer she already kind of knew but one she needed reassurance of. Her father was a part of the mob, in essence it all made perfect sense. It intrigued her, she wanted to know more, she wanted to be involved. Now she wasn't completely sure how Luis would take her interest in all of this but she was about to find out.

She tried to eavesdrop and was able to piece together a little bit. That was before her father noticed her a bit too close to his conversation with Joe. Instinctively when he asked for some privacy she rolled her eyes at him, it was just a natural reaction and it wasn't something she was able to hide. Though she knew she needed to listen to him but payment was needed to shoo her away.

Reaching her hand out she motioned in the air. "Whiskey, please!" Holding her hand there for a couple seconds and getting nothing, she took the hint and went into the other room, the main living room to have a seat.

A couple moments later, Vale heard the front door close. It was followed by the opening of a cabinet and a series of footsteps. Luis hooked the corner, bottle in hand and sat down across from her. It was just the two of them now, the first time since she arrived it was just them. She watched as he opened the bottle and poured them each a glass, reaching for it almost as soon as he finished pouring hers.

Bringing the glass to her lips she took a sip, which instantly put a smile on her face.

"My day... my day was ok. I didn't do much, just kind of lounged around."

She leaned back onto the couch, glass still in her hand.

"Talked to Vito some, let me tell you that guy can drink. So that whole ordeal with him out on the stoop, yeah... I may have played a part in that. My apologizes." Vale smiled, she wasn't overly sorry, he was a grown man. He should have known not to drink to that extend.

"Talked to Joe a little bit as well, once he came in and kicked Vito outside. Kind of like what you did with Joe. So yeah just kind of been lounging about. How about yourself, have an exciting day? You seemed to be quite the busy today."

Report Post Tip

Luis let out a deep sigh before taking a sip of his drink.. 

"Lots of business meetings down at the office.. can get pretty draining after awhile.. good thing for whiskey though aye?" he said raising his glass before gently setting it down and smiling

"Of course in moderation.. not like our friend Vito.." he stood up and moved towards the window and looked outside.. He took note of Joe taking off down the street, leaving just Tony down at his doorstep..

"He's a good guy.. his father works for me down at the Labor Union too.. Melvin.. I'm sure you remember him from when you were a kid? He came by some of your birthday parties, along with Joe.." he turned and smiled at her before returning to his seat across from her

"So.. lounging around you say.. I'm going to assume you didn't so see Mrs. Byrne down at the employment office? You know you need to get a job.. no daughter of mine is going to be a lazy bum college dropout.." his smile faded and his facial expression turned to seriousness

"If she doesn't have a job for you.. maybe you might want to come work for your pops? I can get you a nice secretary job perhaps.." 

Luis picked up his drink and finished it before setting it back down on the table and pouring himself another one while he waited for her to respond...

Report Post Tip

Vale glanced over at Luis, giving him quite the glare. She had only been in Philadelphia and more so at her fathers place for maybe half a day now and he was already asking her if she had gone to see Mrs. Byrne. Did he lose track of time or was he really expecting her to hit the ground running. Understandably she knew she needed to find employment but within the first couple hours? He must have been in his own head, lost track of time or something.

"Dad! Really? I only got here today, I figured I'd head down there in the morning."

She glanced past him at the grandfather clock in the corner. It was early evening now, surely now was not the time to go.

"I'd say I could go down there now but that's not gonna happen. I've been drinking the past hour or so, not sure a good first impression would be of me stumbling into her office." Vale chuckled to herself a bit the thought of it was actually a bit comical but from the look on Luis face, he didn't find it so funny.

"Oh, come on. Lighten up pops."

Vale leaned forward picking up the whiskey bottle that had actual whiskey in it and poured a bit more in his glass.

"You're home now, relax. Have a couple drinks with me and let's talk a bit. I mean it's not like it's been 10 years since we've seen each other or anything like that."

She placed the bottle back on the table and picked up her glass, taking a rather decent sip.

"So, you want me to come work for you? What would you actually have me doing?"

Report Post Tip

"Only been here half a day and you managed to eat all my Ice cream and drink two bottles of liquor.. I think you could have found some time!" Luis laughed and picked up his drink 

"Although this is some pretty good stuff... your grandfather used to drink it all the time.. but not anymore since his liver thing..." he took a swig and set it back down

"Well, your father is not just your average "joe" employee down at the Labor Union anymore! I'm the boss now!" he smirked and leaned forwards toward Vale

"I haven't exactly drummed anything up, but I know your mother said you were going to college for.. economy? I imagine your pretty good with numbers.. maybe we could use an accountant to keep track of payroll and what not.." he noticed she was pretty uninterested in the suggestion as she took a swig and rolled her eyes, knowing something was up he reached out and grabbed her by the arm

"Hey.. if something is up then let me know, your father gets that same look when someone is spewing bullshit at him, you don't think I know my own facial expressions?" he smirked as Vale turned and glared back at him, he wondered what it could be...

"It's not about your mother is it? I haven't spoken a word to her in years... I only send her your letters once a month but I haven't sent this months yet..." he let go and reached into the drawer on the coffee table and pulled out a letter addressed to Vale and tossed it on the table

"I can still send it if you don't want her to know your here?"

Report Post Tip

Vale scoffed at his words, it had nothing to do with her mother. Even though it would definitely be a good idea to keep the front on that she is still in Detroit and still going to the university. Would make life hell of a lot easier on her if she believed things were perfectly normal. Just imagine the shit storm she'd have to deal with if she had found out that she was in Philly with her father. The thought of it gave her chills. Even though she had a good relationship with her mother, the woman scared the shit out her. It was the only person ever to be able to put Vale into her place, all see had to do was give that glare. The you keep it up I'm going to kick your ass glare. It was a glare and outcome she'd known of first hand.

Vale tried to pull her arm away from him but the moment she tried to pull away his grip got tighter. He wasn't going to let go unless she answered him. Now it may have been the whiskey that helped but Vale quickly spoke up.

"First off yes you need to send that, I'm not in the mood to deal with the wrath of that woman. She will know something is up if you don't send it. That is unless you want her showing up at your door like I did and if that is the case, I'm so out of here."

She gave her arm another tug towards her, his grip got even tighter.

"You can let go of my arm now!" Vale let out a huff and shook her head, if her face could speak, it wouldn't be saying anything nice right now. It was that look that Luis was talking about.

"Knock off the shit Vale, out with it." Luis sat up straight, looked into her eyes and spoke loudly. He was serious, so out with it she went.

"Fine! I've been here what half a day now and I already see what is going on here. I know what you do and it's fine, actually kind of awesome my father is connected but listen I'm no child anymore. Payroll..." She chuckled for a quick second and went back to straight faced. "Yeah I initially went for economy but that stuff bored the hell out of me, partly why I dropped out. Now if you really want me to work for you, you need to be out front with me. Like I said I'm not a child, I mean yes I may be your child but I'm not a kid anymore. I have a lot to offer, a lot..."

With her free hand Vale reached over and took the glass of whiskey out of the hand Luis was holding onto. Brought it up to her lips and chugged the rest of the contents then slammed the glass onto the table.  

Report Post Tip

Luis released his grip and leaned back in his chair... he was astonished by the way his daughter was talking to him, he didn't know whether he should be happy, upset, shocked? The emotions ran rampant as the thoughts flew through his brain, finally he smiled and quickly picked up his drink and chugged it, pouring another glass and chugging the contents of that.. He let out a deep sigh and refocused his attention on Vale who was sitting there staring back at him waiting for an answer...

"You know, I can't say I'm surprised, you have always been a bright one Vale, ever since you were a kid and you would come sneaking into my office, you always knew something was up..." he stood up and walked over to the bookshelf that held various novels and other books, he pulled a photo album from the shelf and returned to his seat... he flipped through a few pages and smiled, turning the album and holding it out for Vale to see

"That was you.. as a kid sitting on your grandfather's desk back when you were.. oh I don't know.. maybe 10?" he pulled the book back and continued staring at it

"It's crazy how fast time flies... your grandfather had just been made Don of New York in that photo.. he's still around too but I never wanted you to be apart of that life... " he sighs and motions around him

"This life... but it seems fate has brought you back to it all. Thats why me and your Mom sent you to college.. So you wouldn't end up like your old man... but this has been the "family business" for many years and I don't see that changing anytime soon..." he grinned and slammed the photo album shut and set it down on the table

"So your here now.. and the past is the past all we can do is move forward.." he poured the last of the bottle's remnants into his glass and Vales before setting it back down on the table

"I don't think I'd fancy my daughter roughnecking it out in the streets as an enforcer..." he giggled and picked up his glass and took a swig

"I'm in need of.. what we call a consigliere for the family... you know.. someone who advises me on all my decisions..." he grins and takes another swig and sets the glass down

"What better person to advise me then my own daughter? Plus.. you took them college classes they had to of made you smart in something! Or did I pay for nothing..." he giggled again and leaned back in his chair waiting for her response...

Report Post Tip

Vale wasn't exactly sure how Luis was going to react to her bit of an outburst and in fact she didn't care. The whiskey had given her the extra courage to speak her mind. It was something that was needed to be said and she probably would have brought it up at some point but in a way more diplomatic way then what she just did. It was already done, out with it, it was. Now it was just a matter of seeing how he would react to it.

The moment he let go of her arm, she pulled it quickly back in towards herself. Giving it a quick rub before crossing it over her other arm, as if to signify she wasn't happy. She was expecting the wraith of Luis so she was a bit surprised by his actual reaction. He was rather ok with how she came across, wasn't surprised one bit.

This helped ease Vale's nerves a bit as she relaxed her arms, uncrossing them. She didn't say a single word, just sat there and listened. Looked at the picture of herself sitting on her grandfathers desk when she was 10. It did make her smile, it was a memory that she did remember. It was vague and a bit cloudy but she did remember it.

She always knew there was something missing in her life, the standard American ways weren't her ways. As much as she tried to conform to society it just never truly felt right. What did feel right was being right here, right now. The thought of doing more then the average civilian brought joy from within her.

Now Luis was right, she was no enforcer but helping him run things. That sounded like something more up her alley, if that nightclub was any example of what she could do. The possibilities were endless. It wasn't until he giggled that she knew he was finished speaking and that it was now Vale's turn once again.

Slowly she sat up and was about to reach towards her glass but decided to leave it be for the moment. She locked her eyes with her fathers and nodded subtly before cracking a bit of a smile.

"You know, I wasn't really sure what brought me out here. I'm not sure what I was actually expecting, it was more of a feeling that I had. Everything inside of me told me I needed to go to Philadelphia and I needed to see you. I went back and fourth in my head numerous times before finally committing."

She paused and this time actually reached for her glass, didn't drink just held it in her hand.

"Even the first half of the day, I still wondered what I was doing here but now I know why. It's almost as if fate is a real thing, I was brought here for a reason. Not only to rekindle our bond and make up for the past 10 years but also for this."

She brought the glass up to her lips, taking a generous sip before putting the glass back down. Still within her grip.

"I have a lot to offer, I know you may still see me as that 10 year old girl in that picture but that was a long time ago. I've come a long way since then, I've done a lot of growing up. I'd love to work side by side with you, I just have one request."

Luis narrowed his eyebrows a tad and sat up in his chair. "What?"

"You have to give me the contact info for your whiskey supplier, this stuff is really good." Vale smiled and began laughing.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Surprise! I'm Home.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL