Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 07:56:49
Page:  1 
Discussion Piece - Seattle Star Started by: Joey_Pavanno on Feb 20, '19 19:03

✭✭✭【𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇】✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen, today I, Joseph Pavanno reach out and touch on two subjects that might just prove a bit different for many people, yet it is something that needs to be discussed and we here at Seattle Star are the news team to bring it to you. We have seen many eras, we have seen many men rise up and take the world by storm, many know them as tyrants, others know them as heroes who introduced new ages and brought a lot with them, whether it be peace of chaos, no one cannot say they didn't have the factor of a leader, that they didn't have the true power and mind of a great. 

Now, this leads into the first topic of this debate, in this thing of ours, we've seen Wiseguys become Right-Hands and Left-Hands, we've seen Mademen become leaders and often enough, we've seen the odd Thug becoming a Hand within a matter of seconds, whether it due to preference or family blood, the question remains the same, do Titles mean something anymore? Does it mean something when hands are thugs? Does it send the right message to new blood? What is your opinion on that matter? What does it do for you?

The second topic touches on something that I was reached out for, the growing number of crew members that are still asleep after so long, it seems to be something of a common occurrence in this life now, so much so that I was reached out for this and the question that I ask, is something going to be done? Will these people that are sleeping wake up? Or will they be taken for a long nap with death itself? 

The spaces in our society's famillies could better be used to bring in New Blood who have just reached our shores, show them that we are prepared to give them a helping hand and a place to rest their head, the men and women that are sleeping, do they deserve such a place with us? Or should we allow them that rest? 

What does this do though? Why should I care? Well, it clears up space for those that are ready to be willing and wake up every day in order to bring the best to your crew, they would be willing to give you everything they had and then some, it would be a new workforce if you will. 

Why not clean up these streets and make way for a new generation? Why not make space for the new blood?

Send in your letters to the paper today! Your Opinion can and will be heard!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Arsyn has spent some time mulling over her thoughts in regard to the topic at hand. Listening to those around her and waiting until it fell quiet to speak up.

On the first issue, I have heard a lot of talk about this. In the way that thugs can become hands some of us feel that it devalues the rank. It turns ranks into having no real meaning for those that have worked for their ranks. That have pooled their blood, sweat and tears in for their leaders. It can reflect poorly that only having a certain bloodline equates to effort in the eyes of our leaders. There is no requirement that makes it earned therefore has no real value any longer.

In your second topic of discussion I would ask, why should they wake up when there is no need to? As long as you show your face every once in a blue moon you seem to be fine to sleep your way through this life. On the other hand, what as a community have we given them to wake up to? Perhaps we should put some thought into this for the possibility of meeting a middle on both sides.

Report Post Tip

I think it sends a fantastic message to New Blood if thugs and the likes are in position of apparent influence. It tells them that those positions are handed out to the people best fit for the job at hand, regardless of time spent on the shady side of the law.

The general doubt in these cases is whether people are actually the best fit for the job, whether it’s a matter of trust or a preferential treatment because of a bloodline.

Tackling those in reverse order, any leader or friend thereof is guaranteed the longest life and the most success if they put the right person in the right place. If you seek the best for a friend and yourself, you put someone in place that ensures that. If that’s not your friend, you don’t put them there. The preferential treatment argument never made sense to me, as it really doesn’t serve anyone on those grounds only. Hell, if that treatment would actually matter, we’re not even talking actual friends.

The topic of trust is something I can relate to however. Sometimes there might be better candidates in terms of potential and activity. But being a good leader, or a support thereof, often requires more than being enthusiastic and work hard. There are less transparent parts about the positions under discussion that can be so vital they warrant someone with complete trust in that position, even if that means that more visible aspects of the role take a hit. If this is the reason, it’s important a leader fills the void through other means.

Considering what the job at hand is would really determine for me what option I’d choose. A Godfather has different requirements for their hands than the third auth in a side district. A crew with a lot of new faces might benefit from a more active person, while a crew with seasoned mobsters can go by easily enough without constant monitoring and assistance. Times of tension and politics require a different character than moments of rebuilding and relative peace.

If you ask “What does it do for you?”, I’d answer not so much. But recognising it might be a topic for others, I’d advise everyone to learn about the depths of the current time and a position. After that, if you are eager to work in that context, make sure you are the best person for the job.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Discussion Piece - Seattle Star
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL