Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 06:54:53
Page:  1 
Really bastard? Gas Stamps? Started by: Joey_Pavanno on Feb 25, '19 10:32

"WHAT THE FUCK!? WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO WITH THESE YOU DUMBASS!?"

Joey sat down, rubbing his forehead as he nursed his growing irritation with the man in front of him, while Devlin had his moments, such as the Truck Heists and his MG-08s, this was something else and very stupid. Who steals Gas Stamps from the federal reserve? People could go down for such a thing and it was not going to be him due to the dumbass associate of his, who was not letting off lightly for this, he grabbed him by the shoulder, making sure to grip it tightly.

"This kinda shit, well, it's good business for people that have connections, you have fuck all! How the fuck did you even get this shit?"

Devlin went into an explanation how he did a couple jobs for Finan and they had gotten into contact with a guard at the Federal who would allow certain things to slip for a price, it had been on his lucky visits that he was told about the Gas Stamps and how they would be worth a fortune.

It was clear that Devlin wanted to impress him, yet this type of shit was not what he wanted to see, they would have to sell them by the end of the week and this was the beginning of it. 

"So, we gotta sell 'em then, make some money, I'll have some buyers, we need someone that can help out with this shit though. Where would that be then...?"

Report Post Tip

"Everyone knows that I don't like repeating myself, but again this is bad.. I understand that you're new to this, these numbers though! it ain't right.. so two days.. you got two days to make sure that if anyone took a look at those books they find them great!..
you know how important this is.. you will fix this mess in time, won't you ?"

Venra widely smiled to the man hiding her disappointment behind that smile and letting him know that there is no room for errors anymore.
"Great! see you in two days!"

She said as she made her way out of the enterprise back to the streets, looking through her notebook and checking for when was her next meeting at, she decided that she had some free time to have some coffee down in Seattle in her favorite coffee shop.

Making her way towards her destination.. she went through her plans for the rest of the week and thought that she could use some fun 
considering that she had been buried in work lately...

Out of nowhere she heard someone shouting
.. the voice sounded familiar, that why she hurried up in making her way to the source of the shouting..

Arriving and seeing that it was Joey she felt relieved yet confused as she made her way towards him smiling
"Ah.. Hey Joey! everything is alright?" 

Report Post Tip

It seemed that his shouting had attracted a small crowd, he waved his hand, apologizing to the owner and some of the other people he disturbed, doing nothing more. He was still peeved and in no way going to be paying for them, he did notice another figure walking towards them with no fear, almost like she was one of them, it was when he saw her face that he knew, it was Venra. She was a part of the Seattle Underworld with him, he had seen her around, casually saying hi, nothing more, but knew that she was a dangerous person to work with if the rumors were true.

"Heh Venra, it's good to see you, no, everything is not alright, thanks to this guy right here."

He nodded his head towards Devlin, who immediately ducked his head with an embarrassed blush staining his cheeks before he waved to Venra, who he could not tell was either narrowing her eyes in clear disappointment or smiling at the predicament that they now found themselves in, it was something that could be solved easily, it just depends on who they sold it too and who could be trusted. 

"So right now, we're deciding where we are going to sell them if you have some contacts, this could go by a lot more quicker and a cut for you, of course, would be in the cards. Perhaps more business as well, we don't usually do the Gas Stamps business, but thanks to this one, it seems we gotta."

He smiled before raising his mug of coffee to his lips, allowing it to calm him down for a single second before focusing back on whether or not Venra wanted in on this job.

Report Post Tip

"It's good to see you too, Stamps ? well that a tough one"
she said noticing the look on Joey's face towards Devlin..

One thing she learned over the years is to never go in blind, to always be fully aware of the situation and know who she was dealing with
normally she would have passed not really knowing a lot about how did they stumble upon those stamps.. but she knew about Joey he was known around and he had a nice reputation especially with his work with "Bates Motel"..
she believed that she should always follow her instinct.. and that time it was telling her that it could turn out very great..

"A nice cut huh ? well I may be able to help in making it a bit quicker"
she grinned as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I know someone who might be interested in them..I have dealt with him many time and he can be trusted, he is deep into the black market businesses so he should be helpful.. I can set up a quick meet to show him the product and discuss the details, what do you think ?"
she said looking at him and smiling as she took another sip of her coffee..

Report Post Tip

"Just like that? It seems that my reputation precedes me, thank you Venra, I will make sure that this deal goes well and that you get a healthy chunk of the money that is to come."

He thought about it for a second, there was nothing wrong with getting to the contact through her, she would be setting up the location and make sure that no one could get the jump on them, with the recent business of other crews and certain famillies muscling in, Joey was a bit jumpy and did not want to get his friends, especially those that stuck their necks and reputation out for him, to die needlessly in a war that did not concern them. 

"This person, you clearly trust him, enough that you are vouching for his honesty and that he can give us a good price, I would appreciate that Venra, you are proving to be a valuable partner, one that I will not forget. Perhaps I should have sought you out earlier, although you do remind me of someone that my dearly departed brother spoke of highly, there is a resemblance."

He finished with a slightly suspicious tone to his voice, he had remembered the woman that his brother had once spoken of, the woman that had made his head turn with a bit of fascination, the very woman that helped him like Venra was helping him now, it was very similar and something that made him wonder if he was forging the same thing with the woman before him, he would have to wait. 

"I agree to these terms, it's not like there is anyone that we could go to and get the shit moved as quick as possible. You can make the call right on the phone there if you wish, on the wall, by the coffee station."

He nodded his head towards the phone before watching her with a simple smile, raising his mug of coffee to his lips with a sigh, turning his attention elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

"Yes, living in this world we gotta keep an ear to the ground and you're one of Seattle's family so sure thing"

She said grinning thinking that it was always like that for her.. knowing who is who.. keeping track of everything.. staying away of any possible trouble.. it was the planner in her.. the need to make the perfect plan and to execute it perfectly..

"Yes I do trust him, he will give us a good price better than anyone else and most importantly it will be quick because that what you need right now.. well hopefully this can be the stat of a great partnership and can be fun!.. I resemble someone you're brother spoke of highly ?! oh wow now that a complaint!"

She said slightly blushing as she tried to hide her blush with a wide smile..

"Great! I know right.. gas stamps huh.. what happened to our normal routines.. well I will make the call and let you know"
she said laughing as she stood up to make her way towards the phone..

Standing in front of the phone she pulled out her notebook searching for the number before she made the call.. she didn't usually do business with him over the phone they both preferred the face to face but she had his number in case of situations like that one..

Trying to accelerate the transaction and the meet due to the need of moving quickly.. and discussing the details of it all.. then after finishing the call she made her way back towards Joey to fill him in with a smile on her face .

"Well he is interested!, he meets us in an hour near The Hound's headquarters.. I figured that way it's safe for both of you making sure it that there is no prying eyes around.. he and his people will check it out and if all goes well then they pay and take it, it's on them that way with no need for any unnecessary headaches and keeping it simple, how does that sounds to you ?"

Report Post Tip

"Already, isn't that fast? What kind of guys are you working with at The Hound Dogs, let's get this done, it could be done within a couple hours."

Joey spoke with clear tiredness in his tone, he wanted to get this over and done with, he knew that Devlin had a good heart, but he was not going to be allowing him on this job, he had done enough and he would not be rewarded with getting a cut out of this, he would pay the man simply for finding these, but from now on, he would make sure that he spoke with this contact and that no one else got into shit. 

"Devlin, you're staying here, no buts or fucking ifs. If anyone found you or pulled you over, I wouldn't have been able to save your ass, this type of offense is worth prison time and this is your time to clean up the act, no more messing around and no more trying to impress me, you were brought to the table for a reason besides your style and looks, you've got the right stuff for this life, stop taking risks and start making money."

He stood up, putting on his leather jacket and fixing himself up as he rolled up the sleeves, making sure that he had his Snub-Nosed Revolver and a back-up pistol, just in case. He knew that shit could go sideways, it was only when he saw the look that Venra gave him that he knew that he had gone overboard a bit.

"Oh, like you don't have back-up weapons? Whose car are we taking lass?"

Report Post Tip

"Well you wanted to hurry through it.. Plus it was either that or to wait a week till he gets back from a trip.. he is flexible though so it should be good.. I squeezed the meet before his flight just to get it over with.. the good kind I guess.. that sounds good"

Venra said as she keenly watched both of them..as she felt a slight tension building in the air.. things like that were used to happen.. not often but still sometimes they did.. and she knew they would only bring unnecessary heat.. a heat that could be avoided easily.. that why she stuck into doing what she knows best knowing what could be troublesome for her and playing around her strength..

"We can take yours.. you got one nearby ? if not we can take mine.. it's couple of blocks away.."
She said standing up as she took the last sip of her coffee..

"Well my back-up weapons are my main weapons.. the most precious weapons are our trusted partners the ones we know will always have our backs and be in our side!"
she said laughing and smiling with what seemed to be some kind of an angelic smile on her face..

Report Post Tip

Joey started walking, almost feeling a bit bad for how he handled Devlin back there, but the kid needed to learn how business was done and doing that kind of shit, well, it wouldn't earn him a spot by his side if that is what he aspired for. The kid was a go-getter, reminded him of a young Angelo back in London, yet Angelo knew when to stop and listen, take care of his business and how to make money for this thing of ours, the kid knew what it took. 

"The Good kind? Do people like us ever work with good people? I don't think we do Venra, I think that everyone is grey, they are not bad, nor are they good. They are simply in the middle and they allow the judgment of others to define how they are, no one is truly good and no one is truly bad, we're all just people in the middle, doing what needs to be done in order to live, thrive, and survive."

Joey reached inside his inner coat pocket, lighting up a smoke as he did so, before inhaling it with a thirsting need before noticing his car in the distance. He allowed himself to focus on the words that Venra spoke, she clearly had a lot of trust in the people she worked with and wondered how many people were in her inner circle, people needed to earn that kind of trust, he wondered if he had. 

"Heh, partners? Don't they fail you in the end Venra? Sometimes all you can rely on is yourself."

Joey threw the smoke away before opening the door for Venra, waiting for her to get in, he did have manners after all and he was not going to be rude. He made sure that the Gas Stamps were still on him, finding that they were in his leather jacket pocket. 

Report Post Tip

"That true but still there're different shades of that grey.. some will lean more to the darker.. others will lean the other way.. in the end it's 
a matter of perspective.. people will always judge based on what's good or bad for them.. not by whether it's true or not"

Venra said taking a heavy breath.. she always thought about it.. the ways of if living this life.. there were so many ways yet she stuck to the ones that she thought was better than the others.. the ones that she would make her and the ones around her a bit more happier..

"Do they though ?.. a weapon is only an extension of one's body.. they will always follow your lead and you will never see them hesitate or complain about anything.. so I think we can regard using them as counting on ourselves"

She said grinning and thinking about her valued weapons.. they were an essential part of her life.. or as she thought.. a part of her..
she just couldn't imagine her life without them considering the effect they had.. not only as some tools to be used but a partners...  partners that made her feel honor, pride and much more..

Venra watched as Joey opened the door.. feeling impressed after all she thought it was a rare thing at that time for people to nice or at least have manners.. she entered the car and sat down before looking towards Joey..

"Thank you!.. I believe this should be interesting.. and it will be quick as needed.. now shall we ?"

She as her cheeks reddened blushing slightly before smiling thinking that it should be a new and fun experience.. an experience that could bring a lot of fun and good things..

Report Post Tip

"Huh, yeah, indeed it'll be quick, not like anything can go wrong, right?"

Joe stepped into the driver's seat after closing the door, he did notice the odd blush that had once again sported Venra's cheeks, she seemed to be nervous or better yet, not use to someone having manners, either way, he would not comment on it, he would leave it be, figuring that she did not want to discuss on that topic. He started the car, heading to the meeting spot, he did wonder if people had heard news on the robbery and if possible, they would try and take them down for the Gas Stamps, he doubted it, knowing that those type of people usually had some kind of backing. 

"Your words though, before, it sounds like you've been through a lot. This life, is that why you chose it? You wanted to see if there were people like you here? People who may have the same background as you?"

Joey looked in the rearview mirror, wondering what exactly drove her to get into this criminal life, filled with death, passion, and trust. It had some things that people needed and other things, well, they could do without. It was a business or better yet, it was a dysfunctional bond of people that were usually as messed up as the person next to them, they just had yet to realize it and getting into this life, it would make them see the nicer and brighter things in life.

"Is that why you helped me? You wanna see if I'm somewhat like you, Venra?"

He asked curiously, his lips twitching in a smirk, just wondering if she had seen that in him, possibly wanting to pursue this nice little deal in the prospect of more work, he would be flattered and more than likely to offer to her, if she so asked. Yet he still wanted to hear the answer, knowing that it would be better if he actually heard her words and what she wanted from this little job.

Report Post Tip

"Well aren't we all ? I would be surprised if not.. I think so because in all reality this life is just life.. life in general can be hard but I guess that the normal thing about it.. some people have the luxury of not needing to do anything at all.. but to some it's the only way..it's not like we're living in a peachy time.. with broken souls from everything around to the unemployment of nearly quarter of the population.. to the terrible state economy.. most of people out of there can barely feed themselves so this life is only way for them to survive"

She knew that she was lucky enough to have a choice on how to live her life.. on doing what she wanted or needed.. but most of the others didn't have that choice.. they saw it as walking into a dangerous life filled with blood and risk but it was worth it for them at least they could have a decent life.. while others didn't think that way some of them at least understood it.. yet those were not her reasons..
she had her own way of living and her own goals that in the end will make her happy or at least did what she wanted to do..

"Do we need a reason to help ? or don't you assume that the cut is good enough reason for me..  heh.. if I'm being honest then I just follow my instinct.. if I see what I like then it's great! plus when I don't follow it I usually mess out or regret it.. and this time it told me that it would be fun and a nice little adventure so here we are.. and hey we got to know each other a bit.. right ?"

She said with a light chuckle as she noticed that they were getting close to their destination.. hoping for everything to go swiftly and smoothly and if it turned out to be great she thought that maybe it open the door for a new avenue..

Report Post Tip

He thought over her words, finding that they were perfect in certain situations, he smiled thinly, knowing that she had to have gone through something terrible to describe life like that. Business was fragile in this life, certain things could not get out and he knew that business in this life was different and tended to have a lot of different kinks, people, and associations. It was ever evolving and changing, getting with the times and sometimes things had changed, yet it all remained the same at the end of the day, loyalty and trust were the aims of the game and nothing would break that unless someone turned informant and that was a whole different mindset and conversation. 

"Isn't that just a nice outlook you got there lass? Makes me feel all warm and bubbly inside, ya know? Hehe."

Joey grinned, finding the conversation to be going somewhere that he did not want to end up, she was a wonderful lass, he was being sarcastic, he hoped that she would get out of this funk, he did not need a partner that went too deep and ended up in her feelings. The job needed one to be detached and able to read the opposition, he knew that Venra knew the guy, yet he didn't know this person from Adam, he was not going to be all smiles.

"So, turn that frown upside down and start chuckling like the sun is shining down on you constantly!"

Suddenly she did a nice little 180, discussing the cult of Mael, heh, the little cult that his nephew had started and he had restarted as a nice little remembrance to the kid, he didn't know him all that well. Yet he heard good things and decided to honor the kid, knowing that he could give a helping hand to anyone who needed it possibly.

"Yeah sure, we know each other, your one of us, your in this little game we call 'The Life' and we ain't leaving on a boat or having a nice little goodbye party unless it's a funeral. So yeah sure, we know each other, of course, we don't! This is simply a job and I don't know you all that well, alright? You joined the cult, actually, I don't wanna know why. If you wanna talk about your feelings on this path your on, contact me when we aren't on the job, eh?"

Joe stopped the car, parking it as he realized they were at the location, he turned back to face Venra, wondering if she was ready while checking that he had his equipment on him and he was set. 

"You ready?"

Report Post Tip

Venra knew that in the thing that is called life it was never about how hard someone worked nor it was about how much money they were stacking in their account.. those things mattered sometimes for sure but the core was always the people.. it was always about the people..
she realized early on in her life that one man could have the power to mess up the lives of generations with just their selfishness and their faulty way of thinking along side with their faulty minds.. it was odd to see how the decisions and action of someone can affect far more than expected
they had that rippling effect.. influencing others lives.. sometimes in horrific ways.. some other rarer times in a better way..
that why she needed to know who she dealt with because in that line of work just one encounter could have extreme consequences..

"heh aren't on the job ? this is no longer a job it's simply life...."

She said turning her head towards him with her seemingly cold eyes before noticing that her contact was already waiting in the meeting spot..
Venra reached into her pocket checking her weapons then feeling her thigh belt making sure that everything was ready..

"Yeah.. let's go"

She said as she opened the car's door stepping out of the car and looking towards the contact and seeing him waiting with a couple of his bodyguards.. they both had a history few years before.. he helped her getting rid of unwanted things and she did the same for him..
Richie.. the streets knew him as some kind of a problems solver.. if anyone had a product that they couldn't move then Richie was the guy..
he would take it and move it in his own ways..  getting rid of the heat that comes with it and hoarding profits.. he was a cautious old man that why he dealt only with people he knew or people that had someone to vouch for them.. in doing that he kept his head down avoiding issues..

"Long time, Venra! what do you do?"

She heard the old man shouting with his high pitched voice.. she looked toward Joey then towards Richie before making his way towards him..

"Richie!!.. you miss me already ? ehh 3 month ain't a long time.. good to see you my friend!"

She said smirking before turning her head right and looking and Joey standing near her..

"Well Richie you have a flight to catch so let's get this over with.. as discussed on the phone we got the stamps.. this is Joey Pavanno he will be making this deal with you.. I trust you will be generous as always because you know if we are happy there might be more where this came from"

She said with a bigger smirk to the old man.. even though he knew the risk he seemed really interested about the gas stamps... she looked back towards Joey waiting for him to pass the sample to Riche and feeling curious about how will it turn out..

Report Post Tip

Joey walked forward, his eyes holding a curiosity to them as he wondered if this man was a common source for many other nefarious types, he was not going to ask on the man's business, whatever he did was his business. He was just here to complete the deal and send the man on his way, he reached inside his leather jacket, making sure the man caught sight of his pistol, he wanted him to know that he was in no mood for bullshit.

He passed one of them over as he inspected them, Joey did not like this and could hardly voice his disgruntled behavior, he knew this man was simply a buyer, still, he did wish that he hurried up and he could get paid. He looked to Venra, who seemingly was okay with this, maybe he should relax and be calm about this type of thing, he was not used to doing street deals, he was more of the guy that sat behind the curtain, controlling the show. Only here he was, waiting for this man to finally give the okay.

"I know they're priceless and shit, but I'm trying to make some money here, not stand here like I'm looking at an exhibit of some kind, we good here?"

Joey smirked, watching the man's cheeks turn a furious red as his eyes seemed to become hazy with a bit of rage filling them, Joey stepped forward, wanting the man to do something, only he controlled himself and nodded his approval. 

"They're the real deal kid, I'll take some, here's the cash."

Joey raised an eyebrow, his eyes widening a bit, he noticed how the man worded it and stated that he would only take some of these. He shook his head, handing the man about half of the stamps. 

"Why not all of them? Color me interested, instead of pissed the fuck off, old man."

Richie smiled before stepping forward, placing the money in the hand of Joey, it was about seventy-five grand in there. It was good as he was going to get from him anyway. 

"These gas stamps, while lucrative, they bring heat and if I give so much to my people, who then go on to sell 'em to the gas stations, we get a nice little visit from the glorious Seattle Police, we don't need that, do we now?"

Joe nodded in thanks to Richie, understanding where he was coming from and knew that he could not put more pressure on the man and his organization, he shook the man's hand before walking away, he gave half of the Gas Stamp money to Venra before smiling in mischief. 

"It looks like we will be working together in the future Venra, I'll give you a call with the rest of the Gas Stamp money, you did good, maybe next time we can case a joint by ourselves. Be seeing ya lass."

Joe stepped into his car, leaving Venra and Richie to discuss whatever they needed to, he sighed, thinking about how he was going to sell the rest of these gas stamps, he would come up with something, for now, he was going to enjoy his money and time away from the life. He had enough money to open up his businesses, he would invest his time into that, after all, The good times needed to start rolling.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Really bastard? Gas Stamps?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL