Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:20:19
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Warehouses: The Smoker's Quarry Started by: Billy_Mastrosimone on Mar 04, '19 16:04

It had been something Billy thought about for a long time. It took some doing, but eventually he managed it through the purchase of his first warehouse more folks were inclined to let him have more property, and so, he took advantage. One of the things he noticed a certain lack of in Detroit was a decent place to buy smokes.

Sure you could find any old bodega or newsstand around the city, stop and grab a pack of Chesterfields, but there was no beauty to that, no finesse. And if you wanted a good set of cigars? Well that was just not possible unless you ordered them from out of town. Billy planned on fixing that with this place.

It was of a good size, not huge, but it could hold a hundred or so folks if it needed to. He knocked out a ton of the walls in the front of the building to put in big, thick windows. They would keep the good smoke in, and the bad air out. A set of double doors set with glass showed you in the front.

When you first walked in you could see the small store-room. A place to step in, ask for what you want, or grab it off the wall, pay for it, and head on out. Nothing crazy, but also, elegant in it's own way. Perry was a nice older man who was always willing to help you, and wore his glasses a bit too low on the bridge of his nose. When he wasn't behind the register he was restocking the custom made shelves. All of the shelves were built right into the walls, all made out of the finest crafted long-grain dried wood. They were covered with sliding glass to help keep that moisture down and out of the product.

Now if you wanted the real attraction, that was through the next big black door behind the counter to the left. That was headed up top by a simple sign that said "Smoking room."

Once you stepped through that door, it was a much nicer room.

Lounges and couches lined the wall on the left and there was also plenty of seating in the middle. On the right wall from floor to ceiling could be seen all different types of cigars, from all over the world. If you were looking for it, it was here. And then the back wall was filled with one brand, "Big M Tobacco". Billy hadn't just gotten into the import business after all. Big M was going to be a household tobacco name one day, and it started here in Detroit.

The coat check girl, Marion, is happy to put your coat away for you, and the ladies around the floor are happy to retrieve anything you'd like from the walls for you. The gentlemen will tab you out before you leave, and leave you with a bill to pay Perry on your way out the front. And of course, anyone who comes into the Smoking Room that knows Billy? Well, they get their own pair of Big M cigars to try for free.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

He had some business down to the warehpuse-area and spots a familiar standing outside a warehouse and walks towards him to have a chat.

"Hey Billy whats up bro, saw you standing here and were a bit curious what your up to here, aa a cpsy place, sounds hillarious mate, make sure to build up a smaller gambling-hall with flippergames and other old game-machenes, that could be awsome to have also here and why not a small cinema-room, the building is big so there are many opportunities indeed"

Tutte had a long and interesting conversation with him and he had many great thoughts about what to make in this warehouse so it will be interesting when its done and ready for opening.

Katie walked into The Smoker's Quarry and expended a considerable amount of willpower to avoid scrunching up her nose. The smoke reminded her of old memories, some good and some bad. She walked over to the old man working the register and he moved to assist her. Perhaps he thought, due to the cut of her new black dress, that she was some new girl for the smoking room. 

"I'm sorry. Could you please request the presence of Billy_Mastrosimone for me? I would hate to interrupt him, of course, but I have a gift and a message from Isabella Luciano. I believe it's something he'd like to see as soon as possible."

The combination of her friendly smile and her blue eyes sent the older man walking quickly from the room to find his boss. Katie hadn't expected to meet another don on her first day on the job, but she supposed she'd have to learn to expect the unexpected if she was going to keep up with things. 

As soon as Perry had called Billy he made his way to the storefront. It was the first time the man had actually reached out to Billy. Nobody ever showed up asking for him by name after all. When he walked in the front door, Perry gestured to a young woman standing by the counter.

Billy made his way over to her.

"Excuse me, miss. I understand you're looking for the owner?"

He tried to be as nice as he could, but he realized he hadn't actually asked Perry anything, he only knew there was someone there to see him.

"How can I help you?"

Report Post Tip

Katie smiled as she saw Billy_Mastrosimone arrive. She'd seen a couple photos of him and was able to recognize him immediately, although she knew she was new enough where he wouldn't necessarily know or trust her. Still, the money ought to convince him.

Knowing that she was unknown, Katie kept her hands visible and did her best to appear friendly and professional.

"Good evening, Don Mastrosimone. My name is Katie O'Connor. I was recently, very recently, appointed as the personal assistant of Isabella-Luciano. She instructed me to let you know that you could communicate to her through me, excepting the most dire emergencies. Don Luciano is, of course, a very busy woman. I very much look forward to working with a man of your sterling reputation. "

Bowing her head respectfully, she withdrew an envelope slowly from her purse and presented it to the Detroit Don.

"After introducing myself, I was simply to present you with this: a short term investment from Don Luciano to you."

Billy frowned but nodded.

"Hey Katie, when she gave you this job did she seem mad or anything? I thought she and I had a pretty good relationship. I don't mean any offense to you, you seem like a real nice woman, I just.... I want to make sure I didn't do wrong ya know?"

Billy scratched his head then and looked back toward Perry. He motioned to the man who then made for a specific shelf and took out a small box, as well as a cigar box.

Report Post Tip

A smile flashed across Katie's face as she naturally reached out to rest a reassuring hand on the arm of Billy_MastrosimoneRealizing what she'd done, she dropped it to her side again, but the smile never faltered.

"Not at all, Don Mastrosimone. While I would never presume to know all of the thoughts of Don Luciano, especially being so new, my understanding is that this has nothing at all to do with you in a negative capacity. Between you and I, my guess is that she's challenging me to ascertain whether I'm able to effectively serve her. As someone who is a trusted ally and is, well, close to the family, perhaps she sees you as a safe bet of someone who can evaluate me as her assistant."

She dropped her voice softer, smirking.

"In fact, I half expect you to get a phone call in the next few days checking in on this meeting and wondering what sort of impression I made- which is hopefully a good one. Besides, I doubt Don Luciano would send such a sum to someone she didn't like, no? Unless you might have done something to offend her, recently?"

Katie's voice trailed off, her mind lost in stray thoughts as her brow furrowed. Leaning forward, she whispered into the ear of Don Mastrosimone where no one else would hear her. It was familiar, but it was perhaps worth the risk. Once she'd finish whispering, she stood straight and simply smiled at the Don from Detroit.

Billy nodded.

"Oh good, yeah yeah I took care of that already, but not with her mom. I asked her dad."

Then his brow furrowed.

"Well, not sure that should have something I said out loud cause now Bella's gonna know. I don't rightly know how she's gonna react. But hey, you're the messenger right? So if I were you, I'd leave a note."

Billy smiled and took the two packaged from Perry that the man had carefully wrapped for him while he and Katie had been talking. He slid them both onto the counter in front of Katie and then looked at her again.

"These are for you, one is cigars, and the other is perfume. I don't know if you're a smoker, but if you are you'll enjoy the cigars, and if not then the perfume will help you avoid dealing with the smoke. I think that's a win win."

He smiled once more before tucking the envelope that Katie gave him into his pocket.

"So, when I'm done with this, where can I contact you to get it back to you?"

Report Post Tip

Katie smiled. She'd passed on her thoughts, and business still seemed to be progressing smoothly. Interesting, though, that Don Mastrosimone seemed to confirm some sort of blessing? She hadn't been aware of that private conversation, even with her sources. Something to file away.

She watched the cigars and the perfume with interest. 

"Thank you for the gift, Don Mastrosimone. I certainly wasn't expecting anything, but this is a pleasant surprise. I must confess I don't rightly know how to smoke a cigar. Perhaps that's something you can show me sometime?"

Katie grinned as he took the envelope.

"Telegram any of the seven cities and there's someone who can call me. I can be anywhere within half a day, often quicker."

Well, once I have money. But the Don doesn't need to know that.

"I look forward to working with you, Don Mastrosimone. Say the word and I'll be available to offer any help I can."

She again bowed her head respectfully.

Report Post Tip

Billy nodded back to Katie and then held up one hand.

"I would be happy to teach you, it's not very difficult after all."

He smiled and patted the counter as if he had just remembered something crucial. 

"Oh! Before you go, please ask Don Luciano to give her husband the two watches she procured for me. He will know what to do with them."

With that Billy stood and made his way toward the back room.

"Oh and if you're ever in Detroit and you're looking for something, just give me a call. I'll come find you and see if I can help. Any friend of Bella's is a friend of mine."

With that he smiled, waved and made his way into the factory. He was going to have to thank Gavin for finding a jeweler, which meant a new cigar blend.

Report Post Tip

Billy did just as he was instructed to. He let one hand fall behind Aurora's back to support her as he leaned into her a little. He didn't want her to fall off the stool she was on, but he wanted her to know exactly how much he had missed her being away from him. He tried to convery as much in a kiss, but there truly was only so much you could do, especially in public. After a time that was far shorter than he would have liked, but certainly longer than either of them should have let linger, Billy pulled slowly away.

"So, how was your date with Alucard? Cause I'm thinking I need to make sure this is more exciting."

He smiled and sat her up straight again before looking at her drink.

"And what are you drinking by the way? It's got bubbles in it, is that just seltzer?"

Report Post Tip

Billy snapped out of his daydream as Perry was trying to ask him whether he wanted to try a new blend or stick with an older one.

"Sorry, was off in my own world there for a minute."

He smiled to Perry and pointed at a black box with a blue 'M' on it.

"I like that one a lot, I think it's a good seller too, let's do another load of that blend and go from there."

With that Billy made his way back out of the shop.

Report Post Tip

Lillis comes by to pay deep respect to Billy who were murdered brutall aongs others while sleeping, he joins the joint Warehouse: The Smoker's Quarry he puts his ass on a sofa and lights up a smoke and sits there and enjoy himself with great memory with this Billy and many ohters that was slaughter in here in wonderful city Detroit, the toan is like an old firfriend, you just love her and cant get rid of her in your mind for long time, just like the frist love was. He had great memories while he sat there and smoked and continued his life-stream in Detroit it was hell of a ride for sure, much had happened in here during his time on earth.

Report Post Tip

A smoking lounge, brilliant, he koins gladely this place that his buddy created and are now deeply missed, but his old joint still works so he comes in and sits down to take  a smoke andsitting and thinking  a bit about everything but nothing.

Report Post Tip

Aurora went up to the counter and smiled at the man standing there.  "Hey there."

"Good morning ma'am." 

"Look, I was hoping to speak with your owner?"  Aurora leaned on the counter.

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss.  The previous owner passed away and we're under new ownership.  To be honest I haven't even met the new owner yet."  

Aurora opened her purse, pulled out her wallet and began to thumb through her bills.  "And... the new owner, what's their name?"

The manager looked around and after a moment went under the counter to pull up a notepad.  "A man named... Gavin Byrne."

Aurora froze.

Dad owns Billy's smoke shop? When did he come here?  I know he likes cigars but... that's crazy he'd come here and buy the business and not tell me!

"You said you've never met the new owner.  How's that possible?  Didn't they have to come here to buy the place?"

"Oh no, the previous owner had a last will and testament.  I got this name from his lawyer."

Aurora blinked and pulled out a c-note.

"Mister,"  She slid the bill to the man.  "I'm gonna need the name of that lawyer and for you to forget I ever stopped in here asking questions."

After getting the name of the Lawyer, Aurora departed.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Stopping in to Billy's place it was nice to see such a variety of fine tobacco. If I had been a cigar man this would definitely be the place to come to in Detroit. Myself, I'm just a simple old man, give me a pack if Lucky Stripes and I was satisfied though I will have a nice Cuban cigar on occasion. I had been smoking the same brand of cigarettes since I was a teenager running around the Philly streets with Joe. We always thought we was the cool kids back in the day with cigarettes like the adults. After the slight reminiscing I was sure to find Billy and give him an nice envelop for becoming the Consigliere of The Ligambi Crime Familly.
Report Post Tip

After struggling all evening with loads of things he thought it could be nice to just relax in here at the Warehouse: The Smoker's Quarry, well inside he could smell several different smoke and it was even in the walls, he sat down and turned a cigarr on fire and smoked it with great pleasure, sitting here was very nice, despite the well-smoked room that really smelled well, if any didnt smoke they could never enter here, they had died in the door-step for sure, he took another big bloss on his cigarr and felt good.

Report Post Tip

She waited for them to get out of and a couple steps away from the fish shop before speaking. 

"You handled yourself quite well in there, I'm slightly impressed but I must ask.. Who is Miss Borden? Was that you just making a name up for me or did I miss something?" She asked while giving him an inquisitive gander. 

Didn't let him answer right away before she continued down the road. 

"Anyways, onto the next one. This one is a good one, I think it will be right up your alley. Never had an issue at this one either, so should be in and out. Well that is unless you care to look around and buy some stuff." 

Lordian cocked his head to the side. "You've never heard of Lizzie Borden? The lady who went mad and killed those people with an axe?" He shook his head. "You know, I might count myself lucky actually, come to think of it. I have a feeling you have, what should we call it, a creative side?"

He watched as she entered the shop and he let a smirk come across his face. He waited by the door, knowing full-well she was right. These people they wouldn't give her any trouble at all.

Report Post Tip

She didn't put two and two together until he mentioned it, not that she was alive for the events of Borden but of course was stories she heard of. 

"Oh... her. I understand now." 

Not commenting anything else on it, Talia entered the smoke shop. She was quickly greeted by the aromatic smells of tobacco, it really was a pleasant smell and almost instantaneously made her crave a cigarette. Turning back to see if he was following, she noticed a rather odd thing. He was smiling from ear to ear, he either knew of this place already or caught a rather nice glimpse of her backside.  

The latter of the thoughts caused her to roll her eyes. 

"What? I think you need to just start walking in front of me, you are too easily distracted..." 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Warehouses: The Smoker's Quarry
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL