Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 17:44:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Betrayal's Cost Started by: Lady-Integra on Mar 16, '19 22:02

Billy cocked his head and swung as hard as he could at the man's face. Jax had no way to defend a blow like that and Billy was both elevated and stronger than he was. The man went out like a light. It was not dignified. He carried the man out to the front of the building. Everyone else in the warehouse refused to even make eye contact with him. To be fair he was all but dragging an unconscious man behind him. Billy tossed Jax into the trunk of the car and then nodded to Oscar and Charlie.

"Alright folks we got work to do."

Report Post Tip

Integra rode with Martin and Mikael as their car led the way out towards Essex, towards the abandoned far that they would be taking Jax to, she was quiet in the back of her own car as she mulled over a few things, leaving the cigars untouched as she closed her eyes for the duration of the ride, grabbing what short bit of rest that she could, attempting to calm herself from the wandering thoughts on who was behind this. 

Jason took his own car, heading back to the house where Integra had been heled to go pick up the good doctor with one of the other guys as there had been word on a car that might need to get brought back. The men were told to pick up Dr. Hadley, blindfold her and drive her off towards the farm, due to the fact that her medical skills would be needed in order to get whatever information they could from the traitor.

After some time as a single tan colored car pulled up to the house. The two men in suits got out before walking up to the door, knocking as Jason called out. His voice was not as rough as some of the other bodyguards, especially since he wasn't as old as some of them, only being in about his late twenties. "Doctor Hadley. I've been told we need to pick you up as your services are required once more. Come with us, please."

The two cars that were heading towards Essex pulled up to an abandoned farm, it didn't look like it was about to collapse, but it needed to be upkept some. Integra got out after her guards, glancing towards the car her brother was in, waiting patiently for him to get out as her men went and opened up the basement that was set up. She stuck her hands in the pockets of her suit pants as she moved towards her brother's car, looking like she was thinking about something as she waited for him to get out. 

Once he did, she followed him towards where her guards had opened the basement. "I've been meaning to ask you, Billy... How'd you know where to find me?" She paused for a moment before continuing. "I'm grateful you guys found me so fast, but I can't help but be curious, what tipped you off on the location?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Billy looked at Integra confused.

"The guy who took Alucard waited 20 minutes and then had one of his guys tell me. You clean up pretty good by the way."

He looked his sister up and down and nodded. The only real damage that he could still see was that lump on her head and the weariness in her eyes. He gestured toward the farmhouse and followed Integra down into the basement. He did not like this part, but he also knew she might need help if she was going to keep those stitches intact.

Report Post Tip

Integra furrowed her brow slightly as she watched her Brother for a moment, taking in his words. It was hard to take in what he had just told her so she couldnt quite believe it. 

"Wait... they sent you a letter... what the actual..." she frowned again as she thought over what that would mean. "They werent really targetting me then... were they." She looked serious as she descended the stairs, keeping both hands near the wall incase she had to try and catch herself as the room seemed to falter slightly. 

"I try to have a good image for the family..  so i keep spares in the office... just in case." She motioned for one of the boys to put Jax in the chair before allowing Mikael to do his thing. She didnt have the energy currently to swing or stab someone to pull information. Mikael grab one side of Jax's face, slapping the cheek of the other side to try and get the man back into conciousness, pulling out a cigar, Integra offered one to Billy before lighting her own. Should her brother take a cigar, she would have light his first before lighting her own, if he didnt accept she would light her own before putting the rest away.

Billy waved a lazy hand at Integra. He did not have the stomach for smoking right now. He noticed Mikael was the one waking the man up and realized that Integra did not need him after all. She had other men for the job.

"If you've got this, I'm going to head upstairs and wait for the doctor."

With that he went back up the stairs and out into the fresh air to wait. He made his way to the car and then plopped himself down in the still open trunk. he had to stoop slightly in order to not hit his head, but it would be more comfortable than standing for who knew how long.

He began to whistle while he waited.

Report Post Tip

The ride to wherever Billy and Integra were now seemed rather long- probably because Eva was blindfolded in the back of Jason's car. She hadn't protested the blindfold. In fact, she was more than compliant with the request. If she didn't see where she was being taken, she wouldn't have anything to tell Alex. Along the way, she couldn't help but consider telling Billy everything. This all felt...too much. She was getting in too deep with Billy's crew, and every moment that passed she felt worse and worse about what Alex was forcing her to do. She'd have to tell him. Somehow- but it would have to be carefully done. As the car made a sharp right turn onto a bumpy road, Eva resolved to tell him- but figure out how later. 

When the car stopped and Jason opened the door, Eva got out and lifted the blindfold away from her eyes. She was standing in front of what looked to be an old farmhouse. Billy stood outside the door of the storm cellar, turning his gaze as she got out of the car. Jason handed Eva her duffel bag, and she started walking over the grassy path toward him.

"Is everything alright?"

Her voice was all business, but she was relieved to see that no harm had come to him. Yet.  Who knew what was to come. 

Report Post Tip

Billy nodded.

"Seems fine, but Integra needs you downstairs to help with a problem. This may or may not go against your doctor's oath. If you can't do it, you just say the word and Integra won't make you. She might look at you funny, disappointed more like. But she won't force you."

Billy stayed seated, but gestured to the stairs that led down to the basement then.

"I never had the stomach for that sort of thing. I need people around me who do. Integra is good at it, and she knows what she's doing. Give her a hand for me would ya?"

Report Post Tip

The scene downstairs wasn't too horrible, yet. Mikael was standing in front of Jax who was tied to the chair, he looked a little bloodied as if he'd been punched in the face a few times. A finger or two of his looked like they were broken as he didn't seem to be giving up any answers that he wanted. Integra glanced towards the doctor as she smiled softly, crouching by the furnace as she had put a few pieces of wood in there, tossing in her cigar in order to start the fire of the furnace and placing the tip of fire poker in there. 

Integra had gotten sick at least twice while the torturing had gone on, once from standing up too fast and getting a wave of nausea and dizziness. She hated appearing weak, but she knew this could happen due to the fact that she stood up too quickly one time and another due to a thought that sickened her stomach.

She finally got Jax to tell her what he knew about the man who had paid him to take her, and something that he mentioned. She had an idea as to who this might be, but she had no way to actually confirm if it was who she thought it was.

Running a hand through her hair, she closed her eyes before lighting up a Cigar to cover the fact she'd gotten sick, glancing at the doctor as she spoke quietly, her British accent coming out. "Don't tell my brother... this is too important to complete for me to be sidelined." She glanced at her before nodding at Mikael to take care of Jax before motioning for the Doctor to follow her up out of the basement as she glanced towards her brother, sighing softly. "Well... that was shit... I don't like what he told me, but I can't say for a sure that I know who it is... but I have an idea."

If Eva had let herself think about it too much, she would have been convinced that she'd violated her hippocratic oath in about a hundred ways. Strangely, however, she was able to talk herself out of that mountain of guilt by reminding herself that she did nothing to harm anyone while in that dark, dungeon-like hell hole. No, Integra and her men had done the work, Eva had only been the silent watcher in the shadows, moving only to steady Integra when she wavered from the nausea. 

Coming back into the dying daylight, Eva squinted and quietly followed Integra back to Billy. In a way, it was like walking into a different reality; easier to pretend that last hour was just a gruesome dream. With her duffel bag slung over her shoulder, she stood quietly by as Integra spoke to Billy and thought that she might now understand why people might need a cigarette after such an ordeal. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Billy was ripped from his daydream as Integra came up and spoke to him. It was pretty innocuous, he was watching a horse race. Something he fully intended to get as good at as he was at dice. His sister explained to him that she got something, but not everything out of the guy.

"Well, then I guess you didn't need the good doctor after all. Sorry Eva for dragging you all the way out here. We gotta get Alucard back though and as far as I'm concerned he's my brother now which means I'm not stopping at anything, and I'm not above anything either."

He glanced to Integra and gave her the slightest of nods before pulling out his cash and handing Eva another thousand dollars.

"Just because you didn't actually treat anyone, doesn't mean it wasn't a waste of your time. It's only fair that you get paid for your time right?"

He handed the cash to Eva hoping she would take it. He did feel bad after all.

She clearly hesitated as he held the cash out for her. She didn't want to take it, but she knew Alex would be expecting a payment within a day or two. Still, Eva shook her head.

"Not this time. I'm just glad I could be here in case there was need. Besides, you just gave me a car. That's hardly nothing."

Integra racked her brain as she tried to think who could be behind this. The tip off that someone had done this because of her family had ruined them... and taken something precious made her think back to her last trip to england. But that couldnt be it... could it? Something was missing and she wasnt quite sure what the missing piece to this puzzle was.

She sighed in frustration as she glanced towards her brother, joping he could help. "There's something missing... but i honestly dont know what it is... what clue i might have missed.. Jax said they did this because my family ruined their life... and took something precious... theres a few things it could be... but there has to be something to narrow it down." She leaned against the farm house as she loosely crossed her arms in front of her, closing her eyes.

"Could you actual stay Doc? Im sorry if its inconvenient... but this dizziness is a pain..." She knew it might risk her brother forcing her to go onto the sidelines... but running around everywhere with a concussion wasnt a great idea to begin with, having a doctor stay nearby wouldn't be a bad idea....

Eva nodded, looking at Integra with some concern.

"It's no trouble at all. I'd much rather be close to be sure you're alright."

The next words escaped her lips before she stopped to think of the consequences.

"And, who knows, perhaps I can be of some help in getting Mr. Alucard back safely."

Billy raised his eyebrows at the two women in front of him. his curiosity and shock was primarily directed at his sister. Not an hour ago she was telling him she didn't trust the doctor, now she wanted her close by? It didn't make any sense, unless...

Did Integra think that Eva had something to do with all of this? With Alucard and the other man in the diner who had refused Billy the courtesy of giving him his name, or paying for breakfast? His eyes swiveled to Eva. Did she have something to do with it? There really was no way for him to know without...

"Eva..."

Billy knelt down so he could look directly into her eyes without towering over her.

"...you would tell me if you had anything to do with all of this right? I know I sound kind of paranoid right now, but I don't know where you been, or who you hang out with much. So just tell me. I won't be mad, I promise."

He took Eva in his arms then and hugged her. He had to make sure she felt safe with him. He also had to make sure she couldn't run away if he had just caught her.

For a moment, Eva froze. If her facial expression didn't give away that she was terrified, it would be a miracle. As Billy embraced her, her eyes slowly moved to Integra, who was watching carefully. 

"I...no. Billy I assure you, I know only what I've been told and seen tonight. I don't know these people, I'm only here to care for you and Integra."

She may have been talking faster than she should have. The truth was that she didn't know anything. Moreover, this situation- thus far- hadn't provided any information that would be useful to Alex. She took a deep breath to try and calm herself before looking directly into Billy's eyes.

"I'm with you, Billy; not against you."

And that was the truth of the matter, straight from her racing heart.

Report Post Tip

Billy smiled and nodded.

"Good, then that's settled. What did the two of you find out from your dear friend Jax?"

Billy growled out the last bit of the sentence. He hated that man with a passion at the moment, but he knew he was more useful alive than dead. For now.

"He had to know something. What, when, where, who, why. Even if he only knows how much they were willing to pay him, or better yet, if they actually paid him. We might be able to figure out one or two things just based on that. I've got friends in the business of figuring out those sort of things."

Billy stepped over to Integra and put his arm around her to help steady her, and give her something to lean on.

"You know, doc says it's not too bad, but I've seen you in better shape after a night out. You sure you're up for this?"

Report Post Tip

With a head pounding from the echoing screams of Jax in the basement, the wave of nausea, rining filling her ears and the fact she couldnt seem to keep track of her thoughts or piece together things she normally would be able to figure out in minutes; Integra was feeling quite irritable. Mostly annoyance at herself for not being able to keep up to her own personal high standards, but also the fact this was going to be a hell of a hurdle to get over.

She barely listened to the conversation Billy and Eva were having as she leaned her head back against the farm house. She hadnt realized how much time had past until she heard her brother in her ear. She jumped slightly, but was grateful for the extra support.

"Jax didnt give much... but its pretty direct.." she sighed as she leaned on him slightly, her hands rubbing at her temples slightly. "He said he was told it was because my family ruined the guys life... and took something precious so he was returning the... 'favor'... we had a lot of enemies in England, even more so after my last visit... but i dont know what the missing piece is. Did anything weird happen at the diner? Anything?" She felt her stomach feel like it was going to start doing flips again as she just tried to breathe.

"It sucks... but i have to be up for this... i wont get rest until he's back... It's be like if our positions were flipped and you were looking for Me or someone close to you..."

Alucard and Tate...

Alucard was shocked awake by the feeling of ice-cold water being splashed over his body, as he hung by his hands in a dark barely lit room.  His feet struggled to find solid ground until he found a place he could keep both his feet firmly planted on the ground.  As his eyes came into focus he saw the man he knew as Tate standing in front of him.  “Ah my son awakens, are you ready to have some fun boy.  We will have a lot more fun with you than we did with that little bitch of yours.Tate spoke in a way to mock Alucard’s position. 

Alucard looked Tate in the eyes then spit at his feet before replying,What's the matter Tatey boy? Are you jealous a monster like me managed to win over a woman like Integra, when all you get to come home to is your right hand?”

Tate glowered at Alucard as he took a pipe and gave his response in the form of a swift blow across Alucard's chest with his right hand, then switching hands and striking Alucard across the face this time.

Alucard spit the blood out of his mouth as he grinned, “Ooh, ambidextrous!  We ARE gonna have fun. Too bad I already have a big daddy in my life… I'm starting to see you really want that title.”

You insolent little…” Tate grumbled through gritted teeth as he took the pipe in his hand and hit full force into stab wound in Alucard’s thigh,Bastard.” 

Alucard responded with an instinctive low and pained growl, as the wound broke open and began bleeding again. He felt the soon-to-be-familiar, warmth of his own blood dripping down his body when he looked up with a grin on his face, Alucard uttered, “You son of a bitch!”

Tate gave a deep and low laugh, he couldn't figure out what this monster had to smile over.  “What the fuck are you grinning about, boy?”

Alucard looked at Tate with defiance in his glowing amber eyes, and as the blood dripped from the corner of his lips, he just laughed.  You think you can TRULY hurt me Tate?’  He put a mocking emphasis on the word truly,You let Integra go, the ONLY thing you could have done to hurt me you gave up and let walk away, and I will GLADLY take the punishment so she doesn’t have to.  You see Tate, I have something you will never know.  Love.”

Tate gave a brief shocked reaction before his eyes narrowed, and his brow furrowed.  “I have heard enough of your shit,”  Tate muttered before smacking Alucard in the back of the head knocking the raven-haired man unconscious once more. 

It could have been minutes, hours, or even days when Alucard was jolted awake once more.  This time by a sharp burning pain in his chest, and when the smell of his own burning flesh hit his nose he vomited.  Fog covered his vision as he tried to piece things together, and remember his current predicament.  The ringing in his ears and pressure in his head made it difficult, not to mention the searing pain in his chest over his heart.

Now you’re officially marked with the Moore logo until the day you die,” Tate spoke with a wicked smile across his face as he removed the CM brand from Alucard’s chest.  He laughed as he said, “Now I will always be close to your heart.”  

Alucard just muttered a quietTate?” as he faded back out of consciousness again.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Billy shook his head.

"Nothing weird. Alucard's shirt got ripped, the guy seemed to get some pleasure in beating the shit out of him. He left me a list of businesses and a note of your location and I showed up here. The whole thing was fucked, but not weird. It's pretty clear the guy wanted Alucard, and was using you to get to him."

Billy scratched his head.

"Like I said, my guys have the list of businesses he wanted protection for, and now? Now those are all gonna get fucked up. But I got no idea where they went if that's what you're asking."

Report Post Tip

She listened to her brother, furrowing her eyebrows as she tried to piece things together still, She couldn't fathom why someone had wanted Alucard so badly, and the fact her brother mentioned that Alucard had gotten his shirt ripped... she couldn't help but wonder if he'd noticed the scars that decorated Alucard's back.. There was only one person she could think of though, that would probably want Alucard so desperately... and get back at her the same time. But, that couldn't be possible... could it? Her father had made the man's life so wrecked there was no way he should have been able to get together enough to crawl out of the sewers of London...

She furrowed her eyebrows again, sighing. "There's only one person who I can think of... but it should be impossible... My father had ruined Tate completely... not unless someone helped him get out..." She felt sick to her stomach at the thought of Tate having Alucard. "If that is who has Alucard... this is bad Billy... He'd kill him... slowly... I..." She stopped for a moment as she tried to not think of what could become of the person she'd just gotten back. "We need to go hit those places up.. see if anyone is talking about where their boss is..."

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Betrayal's Cost
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL