Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 08:18:42
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Is avoiding facebook rude? Started by: SaintJimmy on Mar 11, '19 17:35

I've recently detached quite a bit from facebook however feel some strange obligation to acknowledge messages people leave on there. I know I should not but it feels like facebook was such a hive of activity at one point that now to 'not' be part of it is more than just a social anomaly. Birthday messages -photo comments -messenger chats - it feels like I'm snubbing people by not thanking them or responding. 

I've always had good manners so maybe it is just that. 

Report Post Tip

Also avoiding that shit after getting to know what they do with all info they have on us, no fun getting spied on so no more I go in there on my account, let it lay there forever without doing anything more :p

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I ignore all social media, to be honest, I just found so often I was drawn into how much of a toxic thing it could become.   Without thinking is easy to get pulled into arguments and plenty of idiots to twist what you say into bile,   You block them, they come back with 104 more profiles on FB as are that bored is all they feed off.

Report Post Tip

Avoiding Facebook is the best thing you can do for your sanity. What started off as a great way to stay in touch with friends and family who are far away has turned into a toxic cesspool of misinformation, stupid ads, and idiotic clickbait.

Report Post Tip
I ignore Facebook all the time. Sometimes even leave people on read
Report Post Tip

Avoiding Facebook is a good thing,  Who knows what they are doing with your personal info.

Report Post Tip
Nah man, Facebook is not a legitimate way of keeping in touch. Not with the amount of tools we have nowadays.
definitely a good thing to stay away from it, really.
Report Post Tip

I am part of the no social media crew. I honestly dont feel I am missing anything without facebook / twitter etc.

Report Post Tip

I used to have facebook - still do technically but never log in anymore (don't even remember my log in password now). I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Actually I probably get more done now considering how much of a distraction facebook could be throughout a day.

Report Post Tip

I would say no.. Facebook isn't a very good way to stay in touch at all. So I would say you're justified. 

Report Post Tip
I'm really quite anti-facebook these days. But TBF... I'm also really quite antisocial these days. Nah, I wouldn't say it's rude.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Facebook is good to know when ur its your mates bday xD
Report Post Tip
I was actually considering deactivating mine because i rarely use it. Only problem is i am an admin of a group gor a future trip and have obligations.
Report Post Tip

it's in no way rude... but I guess some people would take offense at that? Not sure

Anyone finding it rude is not worth your time I'd say. People who are actually close to you should have other ways of reaching you anyway. 

Report Post Tip

I've completely stopped using it for a year and I hadn't regretted a second 

Report Post Tip
Eh - no.

Don’t get me wrong (I have Facebook and use it quite often), but you have to be careful about what you fill your feed with. There’s useful and insightful things there, but also a literal fuckton of stupidity. Use your judgment what you want to fill your mind with there.

Facebook - “giving value to worthless opinions since 2005.”
Report Post Tip
I also tend to ignore Facebook I haven’t posted a status in forever and don’t intent too only reason I have it is a friend of mine keeps losing his phone so we use messenger to stay in contact
Report Post Tip

facebook is old news and dying a slow death

Report Post Tip

I choose what I see, who I talk to, and who I follow. The nice thing about the evolution of Facebook is that it's now possible to do these things. You can choose who to connect to, you can choose the content you see. I may be a bit biased though, without Facebook I would never have met my amazing older sister who I didn't know existed until the day her husband messaged me. I use it to keep in contact with family, friends, plan events, etc... I talk to MR and .org players I've had the pleasure of getting to know for almost two decades. 

It's personal preference and knowing how to use the security and newsfeed features in my personal opinion... 

Report Post Tip
i had a facebook account under another name just to check on the status of my job application. i had since deactivated it. if anybody needs to contact me i got my cellphone. those who don't know my number i don't need them contacting me anyway.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Is avoiding facebook rude?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL