Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 04:19:56
Page:  1 
Car repair Started by: ralph_lombino on Mar 22, '19 02:26

So I'm doing some maintenance on my car(I can handle things like brakes), and I've had to hit the hardware store 3 times.  

What stories of frustrating home repair do you have?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Fixed" in huge air quotes a dehumidifier. Turned it back on all amazed at my skills.

Fkin thing was on fire 10 mins later. Thank god we were in the house & caught it early or it could have been horrific.

I dont "Fix" things anymore...

Report Post Tip

No I don't do much maintenance of my car myself. There are things I could probably do but rather not make any mess.

Report Post Tip
Wah wait Ralph you can do bakes?? Since when?
Report Post Tip

Once got a flat tire and subsequently locked myself out of said car as I have a force of habit of locking my doors as soon as I step out of my car but managed to use a coat hanger to break back into my car pop my trunk and commence to change my tire only to run over a nail not even 20 minutes later with my tire on the opposite side, all in all it was a frustrating day.

Report Post Tip

I once tried to fix these Christmas lights I had, they had a shorted wire. I managed to cut it and solder it in place, but it had exchanged polarity.

Needless to say, the lamps exploded and I had a nice glass shower on the floor

Report Post Tip
I currently have a builder doing our bathroom. He’s taken over a month so far and drops by for about an hour every couple of days. Absolute ‘mare.
Report Post Tip
I've spent six months trying to get my truck to run. Replaced many parts. One day I go and clean off the battery connectors, The damn thing starts right up.
I had to go to the hardware store 4 times just for a stopper in my grandparents bathroom sink. It didnt matter what size I got, for some reason none of them would fit and stop the water completely so I bought a flat one that just covers the hole.
Report Post Tip

Trying to rewire the main battery lines in a Pathfinder...from a wheelchair. Couldn't even really see the engine bay from my normal seated height. Took a few days, but got it done.

when your fuel pressure sensor goes out... and breaks... and you could be driving, stop at a stop sign and BOOM your car shuts off ... and you finally get to replace it and POOF spray of gas in the face... Fun times... Glad i don't have that car anymore

Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, I can't repair anything without hurting myself or whatever I am trying to repair. :/ I prefer to leave it to the men. I mess things up when I try to fix things.

Report Post Tip

just put a starter on my tyruck 500 bucks later.

Report Post Tip
Hard putty, pump, rubber, paint and washing.
Report Post Tip
I do repairs for a living, I’m a contractor but by far on my car (which is a piece of shit! But my piece of shit ) the head gasket was the worst. It took like a week and just a pain.

Can't repair my car at home... just spent $380. for a new battery at the stealership. :(

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Car repair
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL