Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:18:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
The Windy City of Idiots Started by: JohnSmithJuniorKilla on Apr 09, '19 19:11

Tutte - yeah, that's fine, go nuts in the OOC forums. Call the character for everything, but at least you're aware that funerals should be off-limits.

Rain, I agree, there has been much worse said and yep publicly airing family business is a shortcut to a shallow grave, but - and again it's sad I have to explain this to a crewleader; a funeral is where loved ones come to pay their respects, not somewhere to air your grievances. Regardless of what you say, grave pissing is indefensible.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe my eyes with this shit. Holy fuck. Are we really sitting back and accepting someone in a position like this referring to folk as gay as though it was an insult, really?

There is failing standards, then there is outright fucking shambolic standards.

I really am sorry for the people of MR for how far the standards have fallen. I expected better of many people in the current power positions.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

(To clarify - I'm not referring to how someone chose a hand at all. Thats their own choice. Just referring to the more KennyRusso aspect of it all)

Report Post Tip
Insert rank up and do something about it comment here
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

BillConnors this is an OOC forum so I am going to show you a little more respect than you have shown me.

First of all let’s consider the source of all this drama we are entertaining. 

Secondly,  I said I am not the one to talk to dead people, showing no disrespect to the dead period.   So when you say and again it's sad I have to explain this to a crew leader, surely you weren’t addressing me. Lastly, if you were to have read further I said hindsight is a bitch.  This meant sometimes we might say shit that’s deemed inappropriate to  some and wish we could take them back.  

In this forum you have the right to express your opinion but don't take shit out of context. 

I understood what you said C, I wasn’t offended at all. My choice of hand was simple, the man above me said this guy is due, I gave him a chance and it’s worked excellently.
Report Post Tip

Rain, I guess you and I differ on our stance pertaining to disrespect. As far as I'm concerned, this is a discussion with differing points of view - nothing more. I have not attacked you personally, nor have I attacked your character; I merely expressed my own opinion.

To clarify, however, I had initially said it was sad that a hand had to be explained that grave pissing wasn't acceptable, and when you spoke, it sounded to me like you were trying to mitigate the seriousness of the offence.

Like most here I do not, and never will agree with grave pissing. When I said "...again it's sad I have to explain this to a crewleader..." I was extending from the position I held when I said hands should know that any form of grave pissing is a serious offence, and that crew leaders certainly shouldn't agree with, or indeed downplay the seriousness of grave pissing in any form whatsoever.

As standards have been mentioned here, I may as well continue on that thread and say that it's easy to start slipping, and the slippery slope starts with explaining away poor behaviour instead of confronting it. Now, I'm not suggesting any real action be taken, just that traditions (like finding grave pissing abhorrent) should not be forgotten.

Sure - calling someone an idiot isn't exactly the worst insult in the world, but if that gets overlooked, how long before someone uses a more serious term, citing this funeral as precedent for their action, then someone else says something worse again?

In my experience, it's best to nip this sort of behaviour in the bud whilst it's still in its infancy, but that can't happen if people in a position of real power make excuses about the severity of what was said, not that something was said at all.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

BillyConnor

What makes me mad about such ppl like him is when he puts out mailconversation that everyoe can see, according to my that is a thing that is very bad from him and then I can understand and even myself writing idiot, for me is such behavior so idiotic and sshows you either are about 12 years old or a complete .....

We dont have to be enemyes about this and its always good to have a conversation about a thing like this, so from my side is it ok but th most fun is that we all just laughed at him when doing this and he got what he deserved so nothing more to talk about really.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I don’t generally like to breathe oxygen into whiney members and their issues but let’s split it into two things:

1. The douchbaggery of posting mails in the streets. Always going to happen, annoying when it does but can be good craic for those not involved...there but for the grace of god etc. 
  2. The content, I am going to agree with C but not because I’m wanting to stick up for a fellow member. We may be pretending to exist in the 1930s but even if it was as an in character post/mail there should still be no place for casual homophobia here.  I have no idea whether Kenny is or is not gay but even if he is, it obviously wasn’t being used in some “ownership” of the phrase. And here’s where standards have slipped; not the blah blah in the funeral, not the posting of mails in the forums but that we can gloss over these things while criticising the use of idiot in a funeral. Seen far far worse in the past, so it’s not like that’s a new thing either.  Very disappointing to see someone in bold interact like that. Would we be quite so blasé if it was the n word?  What about the c word?
Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $680,000 Tip

So the op can be as disrespectful as he wants going around calling entire cities idiots and you guys don't bat an eye lash. But the minute someone uses a word you deem offensive not used in a derogatory way toward the people the word represents but as a way to insult the person who was showing way more disrespect and tomfoolery in the first place you guys lose your mind?

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I think it's the fact that the guy obviously wasn't happy, maybe he trolled to some, but the actions of several leaders have looked quite ..Unprofessional.

That's my personal take, as I don't know any parties involved.

I don't have much to say except I have been killed for much less word usage in the past so I guess this one goes to show where we stand now days.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Applejuice69, can you elaborate for me as to how it wasn't used in a derogatory way?
Report Post Tip

This life has gone to the dogs! 

Report Post Tip

As someone neither involved in this issue, nor affected by it, but someone who has briefly interacted with most of the people being blamed for this uncouth display, I'd like to point something out unrelated to the specifics of what has transpired, but relevant to the overarching discussion.

A single instance of unprofessionalism intentionally instigated by a disrespectful troll, should not ideally be taken as the norm. There is more to the people involved and how they usually treat others than this specific instance. I offer my own example for this. Despite being a relative newcomer from a different city, with no authority, I have enjoyed several great in-character conversations over the mails with Kenny, Rain and Vincent each, I have interacted with these strangers in the business districts and found them to be nothing but respectful. So in my own humble and possibly flawed opinion,

Is the present situation a display of unprofessional conduct unbecoming of leaders? 
Yes

Should a discussion be conducted by the city in-house where they take a genuine look at how things could have been resolved better?
Yes

Is the present situation in isolation an accurate representation of the etiquette(or lack there of) of the individuals in question and by extension an example of allegedly diminished standards present in the community?
No

First of all let me apologize to KennyRusso for posting on this topic again.   But in my heart I can’t let it go down like this.   Kenny you are a good man and a damn good Boss.  I’ve never served such a committed and dedicate Boss as yourself.   

No disrespect Godfather @LouisMezzo, but from the women in my journals “casual homophobia “has been around a very long time in the game.   They just chalked it up to being a “Guys” thing”. 

My journals go way back to the” RAINBOW Corporation” there was a lot of “casual homophobia “going with the name “Rainbow” which had nothing to do with the gay community to my knowledge.   That didn’t stop the guys from joking and ragging each other with “casual homophobia”.

I mean you are sharing a new light for me and maybe I should have found it offense.  I just perceive it differently.  I saw it as the guys just joking with each other maybe to relieve their boredom or something, I don’t know.  Maybe some macho shit they just do.  And it’s not just on Kenny’s crew, it's been on a number of crews that my kin were housed in.   The guys did it with each other and still remained friends so who am I to say.  Countless times when a man returned as a female character or vice versa “casual homophobia” is in the mist.   

Personal mails are personal mail.  You say shit in your personal mail you might not say elsewhere.  Let the first person in the game who has never said a homophobia word in their personal mail, chat, lounge or messenger, cast the first stone.  Then those who might be guilty catch the stones and see the outcome, stones won’t hit a damn thing.

We don’t know the full extent of the conversation so why can’t we respect Kenny's words “I know that I was wrong in talking with him like that, not worthy of someone in my position “and give him a fucking break.

Report Post Tip
So basically your points boil down to this rain

Its guys being guys and since its in personal mail its no big deal....

Jesus fucking christ
Report Post Tip

Its truly great words from many here and Rains word also are very good written, let us all lay this behind us and go further, that has we already done, the whole shittyness is long gone now and we really go forward in good spirit all of us since most of us all in MR are great people an sometimes there comes in some that not are that and some always take care of it fast like Kenny did and that was perfectly done, the way this tragic one did arent anything to use power on, hes gone and were atill here all, the good always wins against they how try to destry for others.

Peace in and out to all!

Report Post Tip
He said gay, he didn’t say faggot.
Get a gripe people
Mmmkay I think Im ready to voice my opinion even though it seems to have been stated in fewer words.

Instead of instilling sensitivity into the general masses maybe the good old mantra that I like to live by "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" needs to become more popular. Im bi, dont care what you think you can call me a fag, queer, gay, fucking idiot and Ill go home and sleep at night just fine because this is my life and what you like to say in yours is you. You do you boo, if you think something thats stupid deserves to be called gay, call it gay! We all seem to forget that the terminology for words is changing a lot nowadays, gay now means homosexual but 50 years ago it meant happy/joyful. Faggot meant a bundle of sticks but someone decided it was a good fit for gays and then sensitive people flipped there shit and thats the reason it stuck around. Hell, retard still means to hold back/delay. Do you know why I still like saying "retarded"? Because of the reactions i get, all the "you cant say the R-word!" Like Im pretty sure I can, because I just did. Im not calling a mentally disabled person retarded so why the fuck should you care? People that are overly sensitive are my bread and butter, if I know saying a word is going to make you flip your shit I will say it to you whenever I can, because hopefully with time you'll realize these are just sounds that we as humans gave value. Now, before I get myself shot/blown up with mob hatemail let me clarify that I dont condone hate speech in any way, I dont care about being called a fag, but others do because in this society what with the LGT (i feel like leaving the b out because they really dont give a fuck about us freaks) community we are told that our sexuality is basically everything we are so people think you're talking shit about them as a person rather than making fun of their sexuality (oh yeah Ill make fun of your sexuality but you can make fun of mine so izallgood), my sexuality isnt who I am, its just the way i like to get off. I read the words "casual homophobia" a few times on this thread, there is no casual homophobia, those are just words the people that use them prefered to use. Also fuck it, if people wanna be homophobic theyre gonna be homophobic, it doesnt matter how much you hound them, in fact thatll just make them hate gays even more, because it's weird to them, there are things that are weird to you that other people like Im sure (I like it when my girl first gets home from work/the gym, if you get what im sayin) but everyones going to say/do whatever the hell they want, and the sooner people accept that the sooner we can start talking to people without it feeling like theres a metaphorical mine field. I kinda jumped all over with this but this thread is fucking ridiculous, so kenny said gay, who the fuck cares? It isnt professional? Idk im sure there are/were (i dont know how the real mafia works nowadays) irl godfathers that have said far worse in a place that is supposed to be private. Thats the next thing (longest post Ive ever done you guys got my blood heated lmao) what we do/say in private usually isnt the way we handle ourselves in public now is it? Im sure a lot of you have said words while youre alone/hanging out with your friends that would piss off different groups of people. But if you dont care about saying those words while youre alone /with your friends then you shouldnt care when someone says it out and about, they just have more nerve than you. If you have thin skin you're going to get hurt in this life we live. Im going to wrap this up finally, with an: I love everybody, until they give me a reason not to.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Windy City of Idiots
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL