Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 06:14:38
Page:  1 
Question about racial slurs Started by: MarcoPugliesi on Apr 18, '19 05:15

New guy in town here, but I had an interesting question pop into my mind.

In 1930, the n word was completely acceptable, yet not in the modern day, what is the site and site cultures policy on racial slurs in both role play and ooc, not attempting to use it, just wondering.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Ahh you just have to remember this is a game man, if it’s used behind closed doors with a friend I doubt many people will say anything. If you use it in the streets or messages in a derogatory way I would bet most people would have your head for it.

That was my assumption. I was interested to know what the gamemakers would do, since I've never seen a role playing game with slurs spouted. Curiosity.

Report Post Tip

It would not be well received at all - quite rightly. The admin have been very clear in the rules about any sort of discriminatory slurs, and I don't imagine there would be much protest from the players if Izzy were to take action against a racist post/thread/mail:

https://mafiareturns.com/Rules.php

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Even if it were acceptable within the realms of this game, (which it is not)  the fact is, there are real people behind these characters, and real people could very well get their feelings hurt. Everyone is here for a reason, and as a way to escape real life, if only for a little while. Common sense and decency should ALWAYS prevail. 

I strongly say no to ever use such a word here or in any games, its always best to keep a nice and honorable way in all games and never use any rally bad words that can make other sad.

Report Post Tip

i mean do you really want to use those words yes it may be roleplay but look at yourself behind the screen and be like do i really wanna sit here and say this shit?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I agree, its not right to use it. But while we're on this subject, Fu*k and sh*t aren't exactly 1930s terms either. Also, perhaps (Don't kill me for this) Neg*o would be acceptable? But maybe not. 

Report Post Tip

I put the question to help desk and they told me that racial slurs are NOT allowed, curse words are fine when being used in RP.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Question about racial slurs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL