Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:54:11
Game Suggestions
5 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Disable Wacking on Major Holidays Started by: GavinByrne on Apr 22, '19 16:43

+1

I think 7 days notice to take a vacation day is better than 3.

Maybe 5 days between the time you can take a another vacation?

These two things would reduce abuse.

Also, I don't like listing vacations in profile.

Report Post Tip

I believe this can be something the user base implements. No need to have it hard coded when we can all be civil during the holidays.

The problem with this is people celebrate Holidays on different days. Certain dates mean more to various religions. For example, Christmas is celebrated on two different days as is Easter. Eastern Orthodox Christians follow the Julian Calendar for Holidays. For instance, Christmas is January 7th and Easter is April 19th for Eastern Orthodox Christians in 2020 as opposed to December 25th and April 12th.

Report Post Tip
I get that. But why do we need the game administration to disable wack when people can just stop being pricks and warring on major holidays? We don’t need a hard coded feature to disable wack. It falls on the players.
Report Post Tip

Mikhail, While I would love for that to be the case, I think you put to much faith in the userbase as a whole to not be a jackass at set times. There's always the flies in the ointment, the dingleberries on the asshole, and they're the ones who make player based enforcement of such impractical.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The problem with this is people celebrate Holidays on different days. Certain dates mean more to various religions. For example, Christmas is celebrated on two different days as is Easter. Eastern Orthodox Christians follow the Julian Calendar for Holidays. For instance, Christmas is January 7th and Easter is April 19th for Eastern Orthodox Christians in 2020 as opposed to December 25th and April 12th.

Jordan,

This was already someone addressed by the administration option of players selecting days that mean most to them.

It could also be addressed by simply surveying the population and going with what applies to the vast majority of people, if there is a vast majority. The issue being addressed here is not "someone attacks me when I have something else planned", it's "someone is trying to use a holiday that most people celebrate as an advantage for an attack." I would venture that the vast majority of people celebrate Christmas Eve on the 24th and Christmas Day on the 25th; for people who celebrate Christmas on January 7th, they don't need to worry about someone planning an attack for January 7th since, to the majority of the site, January 7th is just an ordinary day.

In other words, last year there was a pattern of people intentionally using Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. as a "strategy"; this should be made impossible by the game administration.

Mikhail,

I entirely agree with your point in theory; people should just stop being pricks. But there are things that the players can easily solve among themselves and some that only the administration level can address. I'd love to see some sort of player-led effort to stop this and it would have my full support. But even then, the option remains open for a player to try to grab a perceived advantage by being a prick; through history, in times of conflict, I think that people mostly ignore 'what is right' and focus on what they are physically allowed to do, rather than culturally/morally/legally.

Again, I totally agree with you, but if something should happen and the players show a pattern of doing the opposite, I think that's the appropriate time for an admin-based solution.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I get that. But why do we need the game administration to disable wack when people can just stop being pricks and warring on major holidays? We don’t need a hard coded feature to disable wack. It falls on the players.

Because not all people's Holidays are the same. Just this week was Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Years - the the holiday begins at sundown on Sep 29 and ends at nightfall on Oct 1.) This Holiday is significant to that religion. We have people from many walks of life. The user base is fluid. What is significant to one may not be significant to another which is why, IF this is done, people should be able to select their days.

OrianaMontini, I read Squishy's posts. I read the thread. What I said is my input. Nothing more, nothing less.

Report Post Tip

Jordan, I understand your point, and I absolutely agree with the fact that many different people here celebrate different holidays. Thanks for your input- was just trying to add my own.

Report Post Tip

Of course, we should all be heard... 

raises glass

Cheers

Report Post Tip

I think in theory this is a really great idea, i have a huge family vacation i take every year, that would be super sick if I couldnt die in that time, i think the problem arises where your entire family gets rekt and you are the last one standing, kinda the same thing right ?

Report Post Tip

+1

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Disable Wacking on Major Holidays
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL