Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:10:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Opportunities for the Motor City Started by: Jerry on May 24, '19 21:03

It had been awhile since Godfather Jerry had wandered around the alleyways of these fair streets. Beginning his stroll, he noticed a baron wasteland of inactivity. This would be a prime location for some unruly mobsters to come in with full force and try to take over. The Motor city needed a new fresh face to it; and it needed to happen as soon as possible...

Making a meeting with MustachePete, Tiny_Tim, Whoreable, ThomasLaurel and Miss_Nikki; They had all agreed unanimously that the allowance of these monsters to come in and start shooting on sight at people could not be tolerated while trying to build it once more from the ashes. Mobsters from different countries are not welcomes here in the states. They began to go down the streets speaking of what they would like to see, revamping blueprints of buildings and sending money to local business owners to keep their spirits up. This place would thrive with excellence one more...

They came to a halt in the central district of the city and began getting their hands dirty themselves, picking up trash that had been slew across the streets as well as helping painters put finalizing touch ups on buildings that had been shot up in the recent wars. It was obvious the local masons did a fine job ensuring the integrity of these buildings would remain intact...

Looking around at the local pizzerias, Jerry noticed these businesses were thriving. Thriving at a pace that no one else could keep up with in this somber time for the city of Detroit. It was an amazing sight to see the locals still loving the Motor City pies. Walking over he ordered a whole pie with pepperoni for the men hard at work across the street; It was the least Jerry could do for them. Ten men stood, each wanting four slices, the pie could only afford to give one to each. Noticing how quickly they devoured it; Jerry went and purchased two more pies for them...

Driving back to Pioneer Square, the men and women began to come up with reasoning and allowances for the new face(s) of this city and whom they would like to see take it over. It was very clear that this recent war along with rogue mobsters has taken its toll on the cities across the board in this thing of ours. The six of them had come to a conclusive decision that it would be in the best interest to allow the city to be open to anyone who chooses to make a name for themselves...

Jerry calling in his best designer to have prints made up. Telling him to have a courier hang new posters around each district for every city to ensure the advertisements reached everyone's ears as soon as possible. Jerry was excited to see this new motion put into play...

Looking at the posters coming hot off the print, he chose the best copy to hang up in the middle of Bricktown. Heading over with his chauffeur, he walks into the roundabout in the heart of the district. Looking around, he noticed the masons still at hard work alongside the painters. This would be a big move for the city and couldn't be happier for it. Hanging up the poster, a man in his 20's comes running up to Jerry asking him what big plans would be happening for his home town. Jerry moves to the side and allows the boy to read for himself...

Ladies and gentleman of these fine streets, I would like to present to you an opportunity like none other! The esteemed men and women who help keep these streets safe would like to extend a business proposition for anyone who wishes to adventure into doing so. We are allowing up and coming entrepreneurs such as yourself a fine chance to take glory by the horns and open your own shop within the confines of Detroit. That's right! Run your own outfit in this thing of ours.  

If you wish to take it upon yourself to move into one of the districts, there will a set of rules and regulations you must adhere by in order to ensure success within the walls of the Motor City. Please see below for the qualifications. 

1. You must have prior authorization from your Crew Leader to leave your current family and move to Detroit.
  2. You may only bring one member as a Right Hand Man, which is to remain your Right Hand Man until you acquire the status of GF or death of said RHM.
  3. Qualifying members must be under the age of 40 days old.
  4. If you are to be moving to Corktown or 12th Street, you must pay an upfront cost of $12,000,000 to be paid to Jerry.
  5. If you are to be moving to Bricktown, you must pay an upfront cost of $15,000,000 to be paid to Jerry.
  6. All internal problems inside the city walls of Detroit, must be handled within the city of Detroit only (Unless a threat is warranted for the removal or shots have been fired outside the city walls). No outside help will be offered until someone reaches the rank of Godfather.
  7. You may only purchase a 10 man HQ until it is full. You may only upgrade one tier of HQs at a time (10 man, then 15, then 20, then 30).
  8. A maximum allowance of 2 crews per district will be instated. 
  9. Finances are to be covered by the individual, not their leadership currently.
  10. This is a first come first serve basis
  11. We will be having a grand opening sale, if you move decide to move within 6 hours of this posting. We will be allowing a 10% discount for move in rates. 

If you are interested in this adventure, please contact your current leadership. Thank you for your time. 

-Jerry

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip
The silence is deafening!
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $110,000 Tip

Pondering the idea and adding the figures in her head, Olympia said, "This seems immensely pricey to have a crew in Detroit when the person/people will probably just be removed after a couple weeks anyways because of 'reasons'."

After air-quoting with her fingers, she continued, "But.. Best of luck to those that do decide to actually venture into leadership this way."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Never before this last regime have I seen a comp city participant have to pay over 10 million to set up. Such a joke anyone who does this is signing their own death sentence
Report Post Tip
Always rooting for people to seize their own chance. This does seem pretty pricey but who knows, maybe some will try!
Report Post Tip

Man... that's one expensive casket. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $120,000 Tip

You got to be stupid to take this offer LOL

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

As of late cities like this have been able to flourish, i think this is a good opportunity for someone who is new to this world of ours to obtain the chance at some authority.  Goodluck to those who make that decision,  i cant wait to see what comes from this. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Whoreable, takes a moment to listen to the feedback from the crowd reading the announcement. Her first reaction is that of disappointment, but after some thought she begins to understand that in our line of work, suspicion and caution are natural instincts within us all.

This offer was made to fast-track those with leadership skills into a position that would enable them to use their skills to revitalize a depressed city. We want to encourage growth, not tear it down. Think about the cost of rising through the ranks to crewleader. Surely most spend well over 15 million in tribute to reach their goal of leadership. Thank you to those that have expressed interest. The offer still stands, there are a few slots left if anyone is interested.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Burials don't cost 15 million!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Fidgeting about with himself under his trench coat, Jack Meoff had just heard the self gratifying agenda for DT.

He pasued for a moment to reflect .

"I mean we all knew Jerry liked money but damn. Aside from the costly funeral think about the set up costs and fortifications. The added cost of upgrading your HQ numerous times sucks too. Most seasoned vets can admit that cities like this rarely flourish. It's just a containment city to hold lack luster targets or hand picked and approved "yes" people. Might as well just let npc crews move in. It's not like the current families and city's are busting at the seams. Let an npc crew move in so everyone can get target practice. Not just the powers that be that look to puppeteer the world when they inevitably wipe their little ponzy scheme project."

Oh well Jack thought as he looked for potential flashing victims on his nightly prowl.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

BP Jr steps towards his Uncle & Godfather Jerry and stands at his side. Listening to the criticism about the 15M charge.  Shaking his head in disgust at the disrespect he's witnessing towards his uncle. His gaze turns towards Baba_Yaga.

"I'm sure you will go far in this life!" BP Jr. rolls his eyes as he turns to speak to his Uncle.  "Uncle Jerry, I'm looking foward to seeing this opportunity to being a success to all who takes this gracious offer."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I am very interested in this scam, I mean opportunity, but I'm very poor. Instead could you wave the fee for me and then pay for the real estate that is needed there? I will also need a plane ticket. Maybe I can pay some other way? 

Bounces away

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $210,000 Tip

People will be risking their wealth and their neck by doing this. You should be the one paying X person to run the city.

Kenny lights a cigarette and gets lung cancer.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $190,000 Tip

People will be risking their wealth and their neck by doing this. 

You must be new to this world of ours, Everything is a risk.  

Report Post Tip

Very poetic sir, I must agree with you, everything in this life is a risk. But there is the regular risk and the dumb risk. This thread/idea is the latter.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Jeremiah suppressed a ribbit and hopped his way to where all the commotion was. He wasn't really a frog, but his relentless frog noises and dressing like one certainly seemed to have people fooled. Jeremiah reached into his pocket and pulled out a flask - from which he took a very long drink from before addressing the people there.

"Stepping out of our doors each morning is a risk, whether we're involved in the criminal element or not. I will agree with those who have stated that the pricing of this is a bit...weighted, to say the least, nonetheless I will be keeping a keen eye on how this progresses. Best of luck to those brave souls who choose to give this a go!"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $95,000 Tip
Even a Lannister like me with wealth in abundance wouldn't waste it like that.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip
I honestly think if the fee wasn’t 12-15 million we’d already have people set up. Think they should get rid of this and have the new leaders pay a tribute for X amount of weeks at X amount of money to equal maybe 5-8 million. That seems a hell of a lot more fair and realistic
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
I keep hearing people talk about how pricey it is. End of the day you are buying your rank. The reality is if you chose to enter you are choosing to bypass the common system. Is it a risk, absolutely. But the risk is contained to that city. Follow the rules, be a good leader, and you won't have to worry about seeing a casket.

I think we all do need to remember that the last pay-as-you-go leaders were successful up until a dirty wormtongue running detroit ruined that. So a piece of advice, don't given into paranoia and listen to a dip shit that's bloodline can't even come up with a new name.

This is an opportunity to escape the norm and have some fun, maybe even make a name for yourself. 12-15M really isn't that much for that sort of experience. Hope to see what y'all can do with fresh territory.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Opportunities for the Motor City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL