Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:55:32
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Splitting the Streets forum Started by: Saehrimnir on May 27, '19 12:23

I keep hearing this mentioned, rewards.

People should never be writing FOR rewards. If I do a heist for my family, its to provide them with something to do as a family, to bring them closer and to have something fun to work on. If I write an event post in the Streets, it's because I want to provide a means for interaction on a wider scale.

ALL writers should be writing from their core as it being a passion. This should be the fundamental and driving force behind it. Rewards that are handed out for content should be done because people are being rewarded for their efforts and energy along with a form of recognition for highly praised work.

Being rewarded for high praised work is very much different though from continously producing content as a means to put yourself at the top of that reward lottery and gain riches from it.

Here is my opinion. I couldn't care less if the credits for writing were scapped entirely. I have never and will never write for credits. I do it to provide an outlet/activity for those who seek to partake in it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

ALL writers should be writing from their core as it being a passion.

Actually the vast majority of the writers I know who write on MR do it for that reason.  They do it for the love of writing and telling stories.  They would continue to do it even if there was no reward.  

That said, Squishy has implemented a system that rewards these players for their time and effort and has made a way for them to add value to their crews and cities that did not exist before.  The majority of the storytellers I know on MR are also the most generous, donating most of what they have up the ladder.  The system is really quite ingenious (though admittedly not perfect), and it has placed the storytellers on the site on equal footing as productive members of a crew and city that they never could be before.

Report Post Tip
Also I should point at that those who have studied the reward system believe that the reward is greater in the business district over the street. So if people are posting for the credits they will be better off posting in the business district.
Report Post Tip
At=out
Report Post Tip
Exactly what harlow said. If you want to strip rewards for one, then strip rewards for both. I dont care about credits what so ever, I only care that one form of writing isn't given a leg up over the other
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Splitting the Streets forum
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL