Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 15:10:35
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
GAME CHANGE: Breaking the pattern of entitlement. Started by: Squishy on Jun 10, '19 19:22
This IRC thing isn't true though.

If I do not use my IGN on IRC then those two accounts cannot be treated the same?

It has always been the way. Otherwise, as a leader, I'm well within my rights to demand to know your common IRC name thus breaking any incognito. It is not allowed by the rules of the game.

I am not saying having a straight rule is bad from Squishy. He shouldn't have to face this bullshit. I would say though that anything that isn't done as my IG persona, in a public area, is not the responsibility of the CL but the Admins. It clears any doubt as to what you do and do not know about. There can be no "oh. Soz. Didnt see it.."
Report Post Tip

We all have rules about how we are to carry ourselves around here and that includes the Lounge, forums, streets, businesses .. It is the responsibility of us to carry ourselves in a respectful manner everywhere. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the CLs to maintain order within their crew and the buck stops there.

If you hide under another name on IRC, fine but yes your actions should be held accountable to your account. You can't hide and declare yourself not responsible for your actions. Hiding and acting up makes it worse and I would hope Izzy would step in and ban that person.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Just because one uses a different name on IRC doesn't necessarily mean they are hiding. It could mean that they like to keep game and IRC separate or that they prefer to use a real IRC client.

It's really quite simple. Don't be a dick. How hard is that to understand?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

sounds good

Report Post Tip

Lady

Not that simple at all, accidents happen. There are also many other factors that come into play,  imo admin should not intervene on disruptive or toxxic behavior, the community should. If i shout at everyone in main , this is an example "you are all wankers" well then everyone in main should try to kill me. Not izzy. 

Its a matter of perspective. I dont think anyone but said person should feel the wraith of there ignorance 

Report Post Tip

So, as an example, I am using the name 'Michelle' in main because it is my RL cross dressing alter ego. I am drunk and I begin talking shit to someone. Nothing serious but enough that it crosses the line of runing a competition. Should this (daehgib) playing account, which has no link to 'Michelle', be punished along with my leader/city?

Have we not always followed the general agreement that the coffee shops and in game are two seperate entities? Especially when your names are not matching? Or has that line none become so blurred, due to lounge, that it is no longer is the case?

If this is so, and as they are held acccuntable for their members actions, should Crewleaders/Hands be allowed to verify a users chat name before offering invites without fear of being punished?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

" If this is so, and as they are held accountable for their members actions, should Crewleaders/Hands be allowed to verify a users chat name before offering invites without fear of being punished? "

There is no need.

When a user messes up an event or giveaway, their game name is given to the entire game and thrown in jail, when they get out of jail the users can and *should* take care of the issue.

There will be no second issue, unless the entire city thinks they deserve a second chance and every single player has vouched for the offender. Only if the entire city has vouched for the offender and is willing to risk an entire month of rewards, can a second situation ever possibly happen.

Report Post Tip
They fuck up, kill it. Simples.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Breaking the pattern of entitlement.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL