Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 13:53:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Grand Opening Celebration- Sunset Springs Spa, Seattle Started by: Emily-Renfroe on Jul 17, '19 01:44

Aurora looked to Thomas_OMalley as Billy_Mastrosimone went to speak with Emily-Renfroe.

"We're both worried for my father who is away on family business in Europe.  Emily and he are close friends.  I think there's always some tension when our parents get older and lose their spouses and make new friends of the opposite gender." 

She sighed. 

"I like Emily a lot, but I don't know her well just yet.  I'm sure we'll work out things in time.  After all, we share the most important thing in common - we care about my father."

Aurora looked longingly at the water before taking her feet out of her shoes and sitting on the edge of the pool.  She pulled her skirt up a bit and put her legs into the water and moaned softly.

"Oh God that is heavenly..."  She swallowed and sat silent a while before asking Thomas, "So, can I ask how you became involved with this life?  What's your story my friend?"

Report Post Tip

Thomas tapped on the ground beside Aurora's hip as he looked up at the beautiful woman, eyes squinted slightly in thought.

"I suppose you can ask. Not many people do, and it's not like we're really in the business of sharing much in this life... But this story never hurts."

Thomas slipped down into the water and turned his back to the pool's edge, resting his arms outward and leaning back just enough to see her; the steam from the pool sill enough to shroud his body from her sight... At least he assumed so.

"When I was younger, I was taken from my parents and enrolled in a private school. Na'er really did me much good when I was little. I was always to interested in just going and running, getting myself into trouble. Regardless of that fact, the school taught me many things. Sleight of hand and such. Magic." He waved his hands and wriggled his fingers while shaking his head back and forth like he was making a mockery of the word.

"Ya know, shit you'd see the two bit street performers try and fail to do." He chuckled and slipped his hand into the robe and pulled out a small, silver cigarette case with a personalized engravingThomas offered her a cigarette before sticking one in his mouth and pulling out his zippo. It was similarly engraved, but beneath the emblem, etched into it's facing, were the words "The Order of Merlin"... Beneath that, "First Class". He held the zippo between his index finger and thumb, practically snapping his fingers together on the lighter. The lid flipped open and flame leapt from it all in the same motion. He puffed until the cigarette was bright and orange, then flipped it closed.

"Anyway... That brought me into the world knowing how to distract people. And let's just say, I'm good at distracting people, and getting into places I shouldn't. Not to mention, good at gathering information I shouldn't know. Good tricks of being a quite cat on the prowl." He smirked and winked.

"I was a shoe-in. Worked with our organization long before my boss Newt took it over. I was just gone. Come back, now some fuckin' Brit is running an American Based organization? What kinna shite is that, hmm? Least that's what I thought, till I got to know the guy. Damn smart, 'e is. And not so bad! Minus bein' a dirty pissin' Englishman!" He chuckled, but the rivalry was there because of their histories tied to the -other- realm they worked in... Not based off of prejudices from wars or any nonsense...

"Anyway, Newton, his name I swear... He's run the place swell. Been a real cherry, ya know? Shipped it up. Not tha same Order I remember, but, good none-the-less..." He shrugged and puffed on the cigarette, relaxing as he exhaled.

"Better if ya ask me. Was boring and a bother when I was there before he turned it around. Study, study, study... Where's tha sense of adventure? Where's the thrill? The fun? What's life without a little..."

He plucked his cigarette from his mouth and stared at it for -just- a second before flicking his wrist, chunking it out toward the middle of the pool...

"Magic..." he cackled out in glee as the smoke landed in the water and exploded into a cacophony of colors, the cigarette itself acting as a prism for the sunlight breaking through the clouds ahead. The water seemed to be -every- which color of the rainbow, reaching out from the cigarettes position all the way to the water's edge.

"And what's best?"

He whispered something so soft that it barely sounded like the wind... And the water lightly rippled before the cigarette slowly floated it's way back to him. Snatching it up, he squeezed it with his hand then opened his palm to a small diamond.

"I heard these are a girls best friend... And since we're to be business partners, I wouldn't mind making friends with you. Also, no littering..."

He smirked. "Can't be muckin' up these pools already!" With a wink he held out the diamond and looked up at Aurora... Shit eating grin plastered across his face. "So there ya have it... Why I'm so God's be damned good at being the distraction."

He waved his other hand that had her wedding ring in it, which he offered back immediately.

"I'd ask your story, but I know of your lineage quite well..." He laughed.

"Guess it never hurts to hear it straight from the mouth of the babe, though, hmm? Gimme something interesting about ya, doll?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Aurora delighted at the magic performed for her.  She clapped and accepted the diamond looking at it with a wide smile the corners of which brushed upon her amber eyes.  

Then he returned to her the wedding ring which she hadn't notice him swiping and before she could tease him with a half-hearted scolding, the memory of another missing ring returned to her and her smile faltered and faded.

"I'd ask your story, but I know of your lineage quite well..." He laughed. "Guess it never hurts to hear it straight from the mouth of the babe, though, hmm? Gimme something interesting about ya, doll?"

"How good at you are at tracking down and recovering stolen goods?"  She stared at her ring a moment before sliding it onto her finger and then looked at Thomas_OMalley.  "If the price was right, would you consider hiring a team on my behalf to track something down?  It might be hopeless... I might be tasking you with the impossible - there's a chance no one can find it now, but if you did find it ... well, I swear to you that I'd make it worth you and your team's time."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

Video heard about the Seattle Grand Opening and figured he would have to make his way there. Emily had been working quite diligently on making an absolute master piece come alive and did she ever succeed. Her work had created a certain buzz in the atmosphere which had gathered many people to come and visit the Spa and Resort. He glided through the crowds to find Emily-Renfroe who found herself the star of the day. Newspapers to radio hosts wanted to set up a time for an interview and a full on walk through with her of the palace that was. As he finally got to Emily he tapped her on the shoulder and smiled. 

Emily...This place is amazing. Congratulations on your work. Seattle is truly lucky to have a resort like this here and a motivated individual like you alongside with us. 

Video spotted Integra walking around with Aurora_Mastrosimone and decided he would go catch up with them and let Emily deal with all the chaos of the publicity. 

Emily, i am going to go visit with a few friends. Let me know when you are free to show me the resort. I would love a tour if that would be okay with you. 

Video then wandered off and enjoyed the outside area of the resort. 

Report Post Tip

When she turned to see herself face to face with the Godfather Chairman himself, Emily absolutely beamed with pride. 

"It is an honor to have you here today, truly. You cannot image how much I have come to love Seattle, so this place is my heartfelt gift to everyone."

"I would love a tour if that would be ok with you." 

"Absolutely, Padrone. If you will give me a moment to speak quickly to the reporters, I will be right back to give you a personal tour."

As the Don walked away, Emily turned to Jenny who was standing nearby. 

"Get the staff gathered in the restaurant. We'll start the tour there. I want them all to see his face and know that he is a VIP guest at all times."

Jen nodded, then quickly sprinted off to gather everyone. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thomas rolled back over to rest on his elbow again as he looked up at Aurora.

"Well that depends, lass..." he pushed away from the wall and slipped into the hot water up to his chin. "Can ya tell me anything about the ring? I mean, I used to train our stealth and tracking division in the...organization I worked for." He realized he couldn't just say he trained the Auror's in the Ministry of Magic... First off, she'd have no idea what he was talking about, and secondly, he'd just sound crazy...

"I've not met many things I can't find... Though finding and retrieving are two separate monsters all together." He chuckled.

"So, tell me about this item, what's it mean to ya? Who's was it? And it might be nice to have something to keep my mind off of those gunning for my head." He smiled and paddled back to the pool's edge and rested, waiting for Aurora_Mastrosimone 's answer...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Grand Opening Celebration- Sunset Springs Spa, Seattle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL