Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 11:04:54
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Ain't That A Kick In The Head Started by: Charlie__Pavanno on Aug 15, '19 13:42

The Pavanno Family Compound, 2:00 in the morning, August 15th, 19XX

When one saw the road leading to the Pavanno Compound, they would see what looked like a small army of men, multiple trucks and cars blocking the road in the middle of the night. This was the level of security that was required when war was at the doorstep and the boss needed protection, the cash flow was cut off and everybody was on edge. This was what happened and what needed to happen, people often believe that the boss would lead his own squad of men and decide to take the fight to the Upstate Commission or whoever had offended him causing such a reaction, the answer, in short, was no.

This was the result of Charlie calling all the men to him, people who needed to be defended and who could have been people of interest. This is what needed to happen, Charlie had placed the entire organization on Lockdown. Only getting reports from his officials in city hall and some cops that were on the take, other than that, he received nothing and would not be receiving anything for a while. People had it out for him and he would be damned if he allowed himself to be caught in the middle of a massacre like this.

Currently, men were armed with Thompson Submachine Guns and armored a little, not like the ballistic vest of the 1940s could do anything to protect them that well. At best, it prevented a minor wound but it was not bulletproof. Now here they were, the guards hired by Michael Pavanno to protect the family and people in the premises at all costs. It was clear that they took this seriously as they never talked to one another, keeping watch on the road and only allowing the car radio to play out for a little while on some news here and there.

Leading this group of men was Luca Aliona, a distant cousin to the main Aliona family of Sicily and of Samuel. Who had been surprised to find one of his family out here, no matter how distant he was to the main family branch. Now, this was surprising because Aliona's were not favored for their muscular or bulky builds, they were usually the brains and men who controlled the income/outcome of the business they were involved with. They were famed accountants and finding Luca Aliona to be an Enforcer was surprising but none the less welcomed by Charlie.

Luca himself had been the one to lead the assault against the warehouse of the Garranzino Family, the plans had been to find something or anything on where they were keeping Cassandra in the hopes that she would have been found sooner than this but they turned up shit and instead took whatever they could from the warehouse. They did not retain control of it, not wanting the boss to spread himself too thin, with the way things were going currently, it was a good move on their part.

"Luca, we have someone coming up, you want me to handle this?"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Luca shook his head at one of the more eager members of his little association, these boys had some skill with a gun but they were not ready to deal with these stupid lawyers and politicians who would say so many words that got them a bit messed up in the head. This was just the way he wanted to protect them from the life of the game that awaited them in the future, his old man taught him and considering his prospects in future relations, he was not going to be having any children unless by way of a whore.

Stopping at the roadblock, the driver was clearly waiting for one of them to step forward but with a simple twitch of his lips. Luca stepped forward himself, keeping his eyes on the driver as he leaned forward and noticed who it was. Michael and a girl, she looked a little younger than him and seemingly had his eyes, as well as his hair color. Well then, that was odd, as far as Luca was concerned, Michael was an only child.

"Luca, you wanna let me through? I was picking up a person of interest, she's carrying don't worry."

Michael finished with the trademark Pavanno grin as his eyes flashed with a bit of cheek behind them, the young heir was being a bit cocky, Luca placed his hand on the door for a moment.

"I'll let you through. Be careful though, your father is talking with those out of town types. Coming up with a plan to take down the commission or at least, who is in control of it right now considering he is the one that wants your family over and finished with. Just go through and say hi to Bloody Elle for me, eh?"

Michael chuckled, the infatuation that the young brute had for one of his enforcers was quite odd for the young man. Only he knew that these sort of things happened, it was not like he could do something to prevent such a thing from happening. He even encourages his man to go on and do his business. Elle had shown her own interest in return but it was the enforcer who held back and kept things at a distance.

"Stop being an idiot Luca, ask the girl out after all this madness and maybe we will see some future little Aliona's running around. A nice little legacy for the future of this thing of ours, now go on and tell your guys to let me through. I've got my own news for Pops, he'll wanna hear this and trust me, it pertains to the Irish and Haitians, I'm assuming Ura and Devlin are all in there waiting as well?"

Luca grunted a yes before waving his hand to his men, allowing the young heir through before they closed it back down and the night once more enveloped the men.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

When Michael parked outside the main family compound, he found that he was taken by the number of men on the balconies and the cars that now blocked most of the courtyard, it was clear that this was now on lockdown to Michael. He never knew how much security that his father was looking to get but these men better have appreciated the effort that his father gave, even if Mael still felt a twinge at the fact his father did not try this well for him, he was still getting over it. With his father now involved with him, it opened a lot of old wounds.

"Mikey! Welcome to the Lockdown, your Dad is giving a speech right now to everyone in there. Those who were collected in the night and those who were collected yesterday, we received news, about two of our guys went missing this morning. They haven't been seen yet, Cops suspect the Omertas and some suspect the remaining hierarchy of the Garranzino crew. This shit keeps getting crazy but the future will be better for it, I know so."

Freddie Kidd was limping, a clear sign that his injury had yet to heal but he was getting there. Lucky his injuries were not that severe and he still assumed his duties as a Caporegime in the outfit. With some other people taking a step up and helping him, he sort of made his own official family within a family. A subsidiary of the Pavanno Outfit, Michael laughed before embracing the young man.

"Never lose that faith in our little family Freddie, you've been one of our most loyal and for that, my father appreciates you like no other. This is something that you have in bunches, loyalty and for that, we thank you. Come on, let's go see what the old man has to say to the gathered people of our family."

And so they entered the main family compound or housing as one would say. People were sitting in the leather chairs, leaning against the wall and giving respect to the Boss that was his father and soon, they both laid eyes on one another as many Lawyers sat on their lonesome and just like Luca said, people from out of town were here too. His father had called everyone in for safety and favors, now was the time to keep everything under one roof.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, here I have gathered you all because of your importance to my family. Some of you may be cousins or even just family friends, some may carry influence and your association with us could put you in danger. Now in the next few days, we are making sure that none of this blows back on you. It is why you are, a comfort concern and for safety. You are my family here today, some of you may believe us the bad guys but no. We are doing this to protect you from the bad guys, I love you all. Have faith and have trust in all of us, we will get you all through this."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Charlie sat in his office as his son soon came in to greet him, clearly showing that he was impressed with the speech that his father gave.

"Good speech there Pop, you gave them what they wanted. Safety which is the key among everything else, you need to make sure that nothing gets to them and with everything on lockdown, we will have the best chance of getting them out of this clean. Luca told me that some Lawyers and others were here, seems like we are inviting some people, why?"

Charlie looked at his son in a new light and found that he was much easygoing now. Maybe this war opened his eyes to something but Charlie would never know. Right now he was focused on getting his men and family out of this alive. The men and women out there, some who were never involved with this life, to begin with, looked to him like he was their leader and right now, he was. He was the protector of the Pavanno's associates and family, friends, whatever they may be to the family in general, he was the protector and he would do so ten times over.

"They need protecting, Calo does not look at people like they are innocent. If they have an association with us, whether it be marriage or a simple greeting of hello or a little favor there to help with a school bake sale, they are in trouble. He wants to hurt us, he wants to hurt them. They are nothing more than a means to an end and as long as they are here son of mine, we will protect them with our dying breaths. Some of them would have been your family if they didn't have their own children to worry about, these people, they are truly our family and we have to recognize that."

Charlie knew that his son valued family more than himself at times. Charlie never really craved family after creating his own with the likes of Itachi Uchiha, Jack Waltz, Sameera, and many others. All of them had gone to bat for him, he would never forget it. Now he was wherewith people who had supported him throughout his reign, whether it be those that had supported him a bit differently than most. He never would have forgotten such a thing like this. They were owed and here he would be paying his debts,  for all those that were here and all those that would have given their lives for the cause.

"Hm Pop, calm down, this life may be getting to you. I see some things in you, we haven't spoken about Mom yet but with Cassandra being held captive and her body not being found. We have been a little tied up as is. What's the plan though, what do we have in mind for the future of our little group here? Are we going to take these guys down piece by piece or, will we playing the long game and drawing them out? It's a three-way war and with us, we have the feds, politicians, along with the guns and support from the fringe gangs."

His son was right, they did have that type of support, it was that support which helped garner them the type of muscle they had now. It was quite settling to know they could call on the Irish and Haitians to settle their beef, wanting to come together and bring some hurt to a rival that had been bothering all of them. The Upstate Commission had cut into the drug trade that the Haitians had rightfully earned due to pushing out the local Dominican and Salvadorian gangs, while linking up with the Colombians who held a strained alliance with the Haitian leader, Ura.

"Well, we were gathering intel on who Arcadius might be and with the death of Luci and Lacy, he would be the next in line as he was the one to advise them and would know their plans. Now assuming that he is a real roller of the Garranzino family, he would have gathered up the remaining loyalist and locked down somewhere. Just like we have, he wants to bide his time and see which one of our bloc attack first. He knows not of our alliance with some of the fringe gangs, we could use that to our advantage."

Before Michael could voice his other reasoning and what he would like for the crew to do, they were interrupted by Ura of the Haitian Gang.

Ura seemed a bit casual, dressed down a bit in a leather jacket and purple t-shirt underneath with worn black jeans and the shining of a switchblade tucked away in his waistband. This was the man that had once risen up like Charlie and became a boss, a member or better yet, a leader of his own Outfit in the Haitian Gang. People now flocked to him, still accepting only African-American members. As such with the Italian-American style of the Pavanno Outfit, certain things would not change yet.

"I've got some news from my guys in the back roads, they've just dropped by and said that three bodies were left on our doorstep. It was the two guys that had been kidnapped this morning and Cassandra, she was found with multiple stab wounds and then a final shot to the head. There was a note as well bossman....it was from the Garranzino family advisor turned boss, Arcadius."

Ura worked forward and left the note on his desk, soon leaving the room for Father and Son to grieve as Michael himself had picked up the note, reading it with a fire burning throughout him and within those stormy-wildfire eyes.

"This is the price for those that go against us and kill one of our, Charlie and Michael Pavanno, now you know what it is like to lose one of your own. I can tell you that she died screaming and so will the two of you, bringing the wrath of the Garranzino family, a mistake was made on your part and allow us to correct that by killing every single Pavanno alive today...signed, Arcadius Garranzino..."

Michael whispered out as he clutched the note with a deep searing hatred within him and he growled, craning his neck to the side as some veins were seen flowing upwards as his hair moved unnaturally, not that anyone noticed at the moment...his own father was lifeless...he did not move and only a couple words came from him at that moment.

"We kill them all...I DO NOT CARE! We kill every single last one of them, I do not care if it is a woman, man, teenager or a fucking child itself! They will die....they will know the price of killing our own this time, we will not stop even if the blood flows into the police stations or city hall...."

Michael nodded, knowing that his father was just grieving but they would now do their fair share of killing and it would make the massacre that Big Sal and Nero planned look like child's play. They had awoken the beast and now was the time to show them that the beast still had claws, if the Garranzino family wished to wiped completely, it would be so, all Charlie had to do was make a call and the Garranzino's would be no more.

'Maybe I should have done something, maybe I should have been more forceful...she was just a girl and she is now nothing more than a statistic for those fuckers. We are the ones that suffer father, I always tried to tell you that I was not meant to be for this life and you gave it to me....I've lost so much and now I lose a daughter, I lost a lover, I lost a mentor, I lost brothers, I lost sisters, I LOST MY FUCKING FAMILY!'

Charlie in his rage threw a glass of bourbon at the wall, neither caring for what others would think of him at the moment. He had lost someone so close to him and the whole of the compound seemed to understand, Sam had taken up the duties as the acting Boss of the family while many people mourned the female Pavanno that had touched many of their souls. The woman was a bright light and of the finest women to be in the honored society at this point in time and now her legacy was finished. It was over and done with, this type of life always brought death and despair...none more so than now.

'Why? What the fuck did I do to you!? Tell me, God, what have I done for you to hate me so? Was I always meant to suffer under you, I have been nothing but what you made me, a man of honor, a killer, a kinslayer, I do not care! Only you have decided to act in vengenace, I have done this to anger you and now you react in turn. I have done something that you find a bit different from my own character, then I am now the one to suffer. A girl, she was just a girl and she was treated as a mere animal.'

Charlie heard a voice in the back of his head, he knew that he was being different in what he had done to men in the past. People who had angered him and he killed them like animals, slaughtered like pigs and he did not bat an eye but what he had done was different and he knew it. He had become another man entirely, he was the griever, he was the one on his knees begging for God to help him and guide him, wanting the divine man himself and tell him what he had done wrong for this to occur. There was nothing he could, Charlie knew it and he was delaying himself in finding out what he truly needed. A moment of peace and he could not have peace until every last bastard who opposed him was dead.

'It is what we do...we grieve, we kill, we bury, and we repeat the cycle. You've gone through this and you cannot be that man anymore, we are not those men anymore and we may never be those men anymore. You have to understand, we are the ones that are in control of fate. We have done this to ourselves, we worked for the honored society and so, here we stand.'

While Charlie mourned in his private Solar, his son was outside directing the members with an Iron Fist, he was locking down the compound and making sure that everybody knew where they were. After this scare with Cassandra and how Ura was shoring up his own people, Michael wanted to make sure they were prepared for the future and what would come with it. No one would have been ready if they were on their asses waiting for some enemy that would not show themselves. So either way, they would have to show a united front, no one was going past the roadblocks without express permission from Charlie, Samuel, or Michael himself.

Michael was a bit different in how he grieved now. His family was not going to be coming back from this, he had almost wanted to tell Charlie the news about his companion that he had come in with but with the death of Cassandra, he decided against it. The hour was not the right time and it might never be, his father would never be ready to accept and in a way, for this one moment, he understood and he had his own growing fear.

Michael looked across the courtyard and caught Ura looking back at him, his expression was not something that he could place but he always wondered what the man was thinking. He always found the Haitians to be a bit honorable in some form, yes they had tried to push and move in on the territory that the Italian Mob had occupied but it took balls and back then, they were under different leadership. Ura was new blood, as his father once upon a time. The man always fought what he believed and now he wanted to know what type of leadership this man possed. What type of man was he?

Walking over, Michael soon found himself standing opposite Ura as many of his men had actually looked around, even striking up a conversation with some of his own crew. It seemed that moments like these had struck up some strange bedfellows but Michael knew that his men were not the stereotypical type of people and even embraced working with other people, it was what they all wanted in the end and that was money most of all.

"Young Heir, nice to see you working out and about. It would do good for your people to see you this way. It does good for a leader to see his people in such a manner. It allows for their morale to improve and for them to believe that not all hope is lost. With the death of one of their own, the system changes and people will believe that they are next. This was a brave move on Arcadius' part, a brilliant one at that but still stupid, he has awoken the beast and does not know what comes towards him now."

Michael allowed his anger to cloud him for a moment at the fact Ura called the move brilliant and he found that he would have agreed if it was anyone else. The move, for all intents and purposes, was brilliant and smart but it was one that would now have the full attention of the Pavanno Outfit on destroying the bastards that were the Garranzino family. They would not have a single moment's rest, Mikey would make sure of that, every night they go to sleep, he would make sure that they felt terror among anything else.

"I understand Ura but the man has all but signed his death warrant now, we will be fighting now and once Father gets out of this state or his head is clear enough, he will gather the capo's and then all hope is lost for Arcadius. He will be the one to die with many stab wounds and a simple bullet to the head, that I guarantee."

Ura looked at the Pavanno boy for a moment, while the Haitians had a bad history with the American-Italian Mafia, some were not all that bad. The situations in New Orleans being a bad example as the mob back there controlled everything, from the docks to the fucking government. It was a Mafia State and no one would be able to do anything. That was for damn here, yet here it was, in the Seven Cities was something different.

The Irish mingled and worked with the mob itself and became one of the more powerful organizations to exist today. Being backed by a Pavanno certainly helped things and it allowed for them to prosper while some of the other gangs took a back seat. It was a matter of trust among the newest outfit that was forming. When the Haitians had received the Rep of the Pavanno Outfit, they did not expect bullets like some of the rumors suggested.

It had been quite peaceful between the gangs and for something to start from nothing, it would have been a meaningless war and while Ura kept to his routes. He did not allow it to keep him from making his people money, that was what he wanted, to make sure that the Haitians grew powerful and a considered ally of the Italian Mob, which was starting to look up now. No longer were they that targeted by the Police and if they were, a quick phone call sorted it out and they understood, the Haitians were becoming untouchable.

"Gathering the forces may be exactly what he wishes you to do, tell me Michael, who is the other enemy in this battle that has not yet made a move? Even with the forces of the Haitians and the Irish, who stands to win if you and Garranzino duke it out like some kind of back-alley brawl, hm?"

"The Upstate Commission, they could easily swoop in with their not so damaged businesses and keep us down while they pick us off. It would be a clean sweep and we would be left with nothing. This cunning bastard is willing to sacrifice his life just so that we die in the end? I believe there is more to Arcadius then we thought before....he may have been the mastermind behind all of this."

Ura was quite intrigued as well and motioned for the two of them to have a walk and talk, Michael was still and was clearly staying on his mind. Something that did little to calm the growing sense of worry in the Haitian gang leader. He was noticing how the young heir had fidgeted and looked back and forth with suspicious eyes as if connecting the pieces to a puzzle that was unseen to anyone but him.

"This...was a setup....we've been set up since the kidnapping..."

Michael stood there for a good while and he knew now, since the beginning, there was always something odd about this that he could never place. How the twins had turned against them, the family bond, Joseph may have left them but he did not leave them poor and gave them the keys to his empire. He had built it up from the ground and left them everything, why feel the need to then betray the one family that had married yours and to try to kill them all in the process? Unless they were corrupted, unless they had been convinced that Charlie and himself included were going to kill them, just what had been giving to those twins?

Michael knew that it had to be Lacy who made that call, Lucille was more of the brute, the one who killed and did not have a mind for the politics that came with this business. It would have been all too much for her and rumor has it that she was the favorite niece to Joseph and given a lot of attention, whereas Lacy was given minimal but still affection from the family that they had left at the time. It would have something at the very least, now this is where it got interesting. Someone at the Ultra-Luxe had to have given up Cassandra, that someone would now be in control of the Ultra-Luxe, Mortimer.

"Michael, what is wrong? I can see that you've got something brew, something deep and it seems interesting. Would you care to share with me or would you rather wait to share with everyone else?"

Mael finally shook himself out of his stupor, this was going to rock the boat and he knew that this war had barely even begun. More blood would be spilled before the men and women of this thing had gathered the courage to pick up a gun. This was going to test wills and the strength of the Outfit, it would be a or die situation, Mael had been in one already and had thrown into the portal by the crazy rickcidal scientist and that was the last he had seen of that little era he had been in. After that, things were hazy for the young hopper of dimensions...Rick had really fucked him up with that whole situation, he did not even remember finding Itachi, the man had never been found.

"I have a situation and it pertains to the face that we have been set up, by those who are closest to us and would know the Compound or part of it at the very least. Still, there is no way for them to get in, Father has seen to that. I will be calling a meeting of all the crews and the gangs too, its time that we were all caught up and started going on the offensive, in another direction entirely."

Ura watched after Michael as he walked back into the compound and wondered for the life what he was planning, he knew that it was nothing good but he had to assist him in this matter, there was nothing else to do! He would fight side by side with Michael Pavanno.

Charlie sat in his office, a bottle of bourbon in his hand as he leaned back and thought about all the bad shit...well at least he tried too before his son had barged into his offices. Demanding a word with ease and it was clear that this was going to be something entirely different. His son was on the warpath but his rage had been quelled for now and he had something important, the furrowing of his eyebrows made that clear.

"I have some news that is going to shock you and you're going to want to have a seat for this."

Charlie eyed his son for a moment and it was clear that this was going to be some world-rocking news but shock him? Nothing was going to shock him now, he was most likely going to be consumed with some light-hearted despair that Fate and Destiny wished to fuck him this hard....it was like he was their bitch and at this point, the hand he had been dealt so far, made it that much concrete. His life had been nothing but a series of bullshit...one after the other.

"We've been betrayed father, Mortimer has been selling us out to the Upstate Commission, think about it for a second. We have not heard from him since he seemed all too willing to sign control over to us. I remember it well, his ambition knows no bounds. He removed the guards and men you installed into positions of power, he has since rebranded his little group. Naming themselves the refined society."

Charlie turned red and he was about to stand up, wishing to break something, a man that he had placed his faith in. Giving him the keys to this little world of theirs, how many others would wish to break this family beyond repair? Now the man controlled his second-biggest casino and Charlie was close to driving down there, wanting to kill the bastard in broad daylight, he didn't care if he spent another moment inside. Because of him...his daughter was dead and that was a price that nothing would ever make up for.

"So Mortimer seems a bit odd for the men of honor to associate with him. If he's the one that has betrayed us, he will be the one to give us up if we call him. You have a plan for this already, don't you?"

Michael nodded, showing that he was restraining himself, as best as he could. He was keeping himself contained and making sure that he had his own peace for now before he would be the one to kill that bastard, a trusted family friend had been the one to keep them all in one place, rocking them without a single word. He had been the one to do this, he had broken them and Mael would make sure that he would be the one to die.

"'I've called a meeting of the Capo's and Gangs father, I would like for you to be there. It would do them well to see you out and about, for the family."

Charlie nodded, getting up and following his son out, it was time to stop hiding in the confines of his office. It was time to bring the war to their enemies, make them realize the foolishness of going against them.

Michael stood in the center of the room and looked around at the gathered Capo's and Gangs, everyone looked to him like they would a commander. He was the one in-charge at the very moment, not his father or Samuel. It was him and for once, he understood the weight of the crown. These people were looking at him and they awaited the orders, almost as if he was puppetmaster and they were the ones that were held up by the strings, here he was, with the power to decide their very lives.

He breathed deeply, his stormy-green eyes shone with sincerity at all of them, this was the way to make sure that they knew his intentions. Michael was not going to let them be simple cannon fodder, they all had a role and they would play it. To fucking perfection if needed. He stepped forward and folded his hands behind his back, the room quietened down and the whispers had ceased with his eyes sweeping over all of them.

"Gentlemen, I have brought you here to reveal some news, this news is going to be shocking to some of you. Depending on how long you've known my father and his trust in people, his trust has been betrayed by someone he and I would believe a friend. Someone that has only looked out for himself and continues to do so in the name of forming his own society. This man is someone that you may have met and called friend, his name is Mortimer."

Devlin straightened up, wondering where in the hell Gino and Georgie were, those twins were never late but he assumed that they were handling some business. They had some things to keep too and right now, they were not alone. They never were, the boys were good people and he trusted them to keep safe, otherwise, he would walk into hell and wring their necks himself.

"Mortimer is someone that has ran the Ultra-Luxe since its creation. He has the loyalty of the staff and has since founded his own faction, one where he pays allegiance to the Upstate Commission for allowing him to live. He's a cunning man and one that has worked his way up the ranks, pitting me and my father against one another. He did this for a while before Cassandra had been kidnapped, he unknowingly, I believe, brought us together in an alliance and seeks to rule over himself, without interference from anyone."

Now this made sense, the death of Cassandra...it was to trigger the two remaining Pavanno's in the states to then focus their rage onto the bastard who had supposedly ordered the death himself. To which, some of them knew he had done and others believed that Mortimer had a bigger hand in this all together. Now besides that,  it was clear what Mikey boy was doing, he was rallying the troops to him. Bringing them together to assault the bastard and bring him to heel, to make him answer for his crimes...

And they would be all for it.

Back in the Old City District, Mortimer stood tall among some men, clearly, these men were loyal to him as to how they bowed their heads in servitude. Now here stood the former associate of the Tops empire and the then Pavanno family, to which switched over like a hot potato. He was no longer going to be controlled by the volatile family, he was going to be bigger than they could ever imagine. He was something they would never hope to be, he was refined and had a way of playing the game.

"Sir, we have Thomas outside, stating that he has seen some trucks moving into the family compound of theirs. Should we attack?"

Mortimer scoffed, the bloodthirsty brats would need to learn how to quell that little habit of theirs. He knew with some time that they could possibly learn, only he would need them soon as he knew this was far from over. With many local powers and now a power as big as the Commission was rolling in, it was the time that he started securing some business for himself and it was why he started to work with some Jewish hitmen.

They were known as 'The Corporation' and they were entirely a new branch in the life but they were loyal to him, he already had them doing a couple hits here and there that would be done within the next few days. Charlie wouldn't even know what hit him, this was going to rock his family. They were going to be removed piece by piece.

"No you imbecile, keep them away from and inform that they should strictly be observing. We don't need them knowing how we spot these little movements when we have them vulnerable, then we will attack and only then!"

One of the recruits stepped forward, clearly not used to how things worked around here as he was quite confident in how he addressed his boss.

"Morty, if we don't attack, we are giving them time to think and giving them time to think is never a good thing. We should be attacking, all gunmen and assassins should be converging and on the giant bullseye that is the Pavanno Outfit, otherwise, we are dead men and we all know it! This is our chance, they don't even know you were involved!"

Mortimer barely suppressed a growl as he turned to face the arrogant little shit, his eyes darkening a tad as many of the others had backed away leaving their fellow member to the punishment that was about to follow soon after.

"Do you hear yourself you common grunt!? Attacking would be folly, they have barricaded themselves in and will no doubt have three waves of roadblocks that would make it hard for any of our men to get through. Even if the assassins managed to get through, I doubt they will so much as getting a bloody shot off!"

Mortimer snapped his fingers, allowing some of his personal guard to escort the man out without another look in his direction as he simply stared defiantly. Mortimer would admit, he did find it a tad appealing but he had no use for it. A man like that would need to learn and he would be the best to teach him from then.

"Orders are to watch and to follow if need be but under no circumstance do you engage, understood? Unless, you have other plans that any of you wish to voice, hm?"

All of them shook their heads in fear before Mortimer smirked with some glee in his voice.

"Good, now go. We will witness the fall of the great Pavanno Outfit soon."

"Well if you hadn't gone completely off the rails this time we could have just gone straight to the meeting. You can't just show up with blood on your collar, not to this kind of a meeting."

Gino attempted to reiterate why they were late for the umpteenth time. It was not because he was being superficial, it was because Georgie had really gone too far. 

"Boss wants us, you go to the boss, doesn't matter what you're in."

Georgie's simple logic displayed for the world to see. Simple as it was, he wasn't wrong, and both the brothers knew it, it's why when he ashed his cigarette out the window he could feel Gino speeding up just a little bit more. He did not expect him to then slam on the brakes.

"Damned red light." Georgie quirked an eyebrow, without asking the question out loud Gino looked at him and gestured to the truck that was no rumbling across the intersection. Georgie shrugged.

"You could have made it." Gino shook his head and then made a sharp turn of the wheel to follow the truck. "You see what I saw?"

Georgie nodded. "You're gonna follow them right?" He didn't ask, so much as he double-checked. When he watched Gino nod, he pulled out a pistol and checked it for ammunition and to make sure it was clear. Then he reached over and pulled out Gino's and did the same. "Clear, full, ready."

For what seemed like twenty minutes the brothers tailed the truck, there were three men in front, all from the Upstate Commission, the one in the passenger seat had the look of a man about to do something he did not want to do, and the one in the middle? Well that was clearly a shotgun. Problem is, those boys were going to need a lesson, so when the truck stopped, Gino hit the gas.

The man climbing out of the driver's seat had no idea what hit him until he was summarily pinned between two vehicles. The brothers hopped out then, and Gino made his way around the back of the truck, while Georgie, ever the bolder, climbed up toward the cabin and took a shot.

The thick wet sound, all too familiar of a bullet hitting a target, and then a thud of a lifeless body. Georgie was a good shot, Gino had to hand him that much. Of course now? Now there was panic. The people who had heard the crash and had come out to look at it? They were fleeing in every direction, like so many cockroaches when you turned on the light. As Gino glanced in his brother's direction to make sure he was alright, he saw him climbing into the truck, probably to grab the now un-manned shotgun. His own attentions were taken though by the sound of the truck door slamming open. Someone was inside.

As his head whirled around and the blur of motion faded, he realized it was not someone, it was a gaggle of little associates. Normally, not a problem for the two brothers, tonight it seemed like their little commission decided to give the new bloods teeth. And so a hail of lead filled the air as Gino made a run for the car again. He managed to dive behind it for cover, but now her was separated from his brother, who was alone in the truck and there were at least seven men with guns aiming for him.

Not a great night.

Georgie at least managed to get a shot off, but from one end of the truck to another, the shotgun wasn't the most accurate of effective weapon. He only had one shot left now, and no idea where the ammo was. He leveled the thing at the back of the cabin,.placing the barrel right against the thin membrane that sat between him and the area where there were men. He hoped it was thin at least. When he pulled the trigger and felt the kick, he knew he was right. Then the screams and shouts of men, still inside the truck gave away that there were more than the couple he had seen. He and his brother were about to be pinned down something awful if they didn't find a place to hide. He glanced around the block and settled on a women's boutique. Only one window, and that was on the door, meant that bullets would have a hard time finding them. There wasn't a nearby alley, so there likely wasn't an easy back door. If the other guys got in, he and Gino would be sitting ducks, but they were sitting ducks out here with no cover.

He took two shots with his pistol as he jumped out of the truck and ran toward the building. His brother followed suit with two shots of his own to keep heads down as they slammed through the door and into the shop.

"One way in, one way out huh? Great plan Georgie."

"I'm not the one who crashed the car into the truck." No panting or wheezing from either of the brothers, pure adrenaline had clearly gotten into their systems, now it was a matter of time before the swarm of bees they had poked came knocking. Gino grabbed a couple of mannequin's and tossed them in front of the door. Georgie did the same, but with a couch that was lying there.

"I'll go check for a back door, you make sure the barricade holds up." Gino made his way into the back and a brief minute later came back shaking his head. "Just storage, no way out, so it looks like it's just us and them."

"Better here than in the street."

Gino nodded, and both men leveled their pistols.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

The meeting has ended and now everyone was preparing, knowing they were going to be on the offensive soon. Now though, everyone had wondered about the infamous Bell Brothers, those two would never miss a meeting and now they were not here. Something reeked, leading to the situation currently. 

"I'm just sayin' I know those fellas. They wouldn't miss a meeting for anything when the Lombardi's in upstate New York wanted to run us out, those two didn't leave the frontlines. They shored up their defenses, killing anyone that was a loose end and like that." Devlin clicked his fingers with a smirk. 

"Our enemies didn't know about shipments or income on their side of things. We were winning, those two, they know their roles and they would never miss this. Something has caught their attention and I'm just saying, me and my boys, we will act. If someone has nabbed them, I want them dead before they can even beg to god for mercy!"

Charlie raised an eyebrow at the Irishman, while he respected the man's bold nature and clear respect for this thing of theirs. He did not know when the time came for sitting down, keeping their mouths shut and not questioning your superiors. Times like this was when he missed the heavy hand that Joe Adonis had, even now. 

"Devlin, I like ya. You gotta understand, Gino and George, those two I don't know them and all I have is some wise tales. They were good enough for my brother and maybe they're good enough for my outfit, oh wait, they are! Which is why I have these men right here with me and ready for battle, I doubt they're in trouble. Georgie is the brute among the two of them but we both know who is the brains, you really think Gino would allow him and his brother to be caught?"

Devlin himself faltered slightly before raising his hand and signaling to Charlie. Walking to the door of the office, Devlin opened it and revealed the Bell Brother crew, all of them there in the compound without their leaders. Now, this was surprising, they looked like lost little wolves without their alphas. It was not that surprising, without a second, there would be chaos in a pack and the same for a crew. 

Many would have looked to proclaim themselves the next leader but there was loyalty within these men. It was nice to see but besides that, it was also worrying to not see his two newest Capo's. Then like a light, he turned to his son who was watching the little trading of words between Boss and Capo. 

"I had never met them either but I did hear rumors when Uncle Joey was running things back in Ballard. They were smart and they always had a couple of guys with them, they may have sent their guys ahead instead. If something kept them up, they might have spotted something. They're usually around the old Policy hall, want me to make a few calls?"

Just as Michael offered his services in that avenue, a messenger ran through the compound hall clearly searching for someone. The messenger noticing the office door of the Boss was opened sprinted inside, seemingly catching his breath as he watched by all three men who placed hands on their respective weaponry. 

"While I do enjoy a good jog here and there, I do wonder why you saw fit to do it in the hallway kid. Want to tell me why you're here, don't look like one of my people. Nor do you look like one of the men of our esteemed allies. So tell us then, lone wanderer, just who are you and what are you doing here?

The kid had finally caught his breath, now noticing what he had done and blushed a nervous scarlet before settling his look on Charlie. Steeling himself like he was a made man, he spoke in a clear tone. 

"I've just come from one of your corners Don Pavanno, I noticed what looked like the Bell Brothers. They noticed an Upstate Commission truck I think...maybe...I'm not all too sure. They followed it for a good while before they crashed into it, firing on the truck. They killed one if I remember and they were backed into a building. They were going for some cover, it's only them against a lot of heavy machine gunmen. I noticed and wanted to inform if you could save them in time, Don Pavanno."

He noticed how the kid continued calling him Don, even though he was not a Don of anything. This outfit was merely a crew under another family/council. He was but a cog in some big machinery. Deciding to leave that now, he looked to his son and Devlin, both of them having straightened up during this little storytelling of events. 

"Thank you, head to the kitchens and get something to eat, if you stick around, I'll see if we have something. Thanks for this, a Pavanno pays their debts."

The kid walked out and closed the door behind him as Devlin was about to speak with a fury in his eyes only silenced by the cool gaze of one Charlie Pavanno. His voice was but a harsh whisper that was heard throughout the room and the power in it would have shocked anyone that had once known the former boy like no one but the Cat. 

"The fools rush into battle and you call them smart? Maybe it was Georgie, Gino or both. I do not care but they are sacrificing their lives against a much bigger shark...Gather Masera and the Irishmen. I want us heading out in five fucking minutes! Let's go save those men and bring them home, now."

Devlin nodded and strode out of the room, going to gather his own men while Michael stopped at the threshold. 

"You know, this means that the attention of the Upstate Commission will be on us. We have just poked a shark, a giant, whatever you make this comparison too. We will have to prepare for the deaths to come."

Charlie watched his son walk away, gathering the Masera crew with a simple wave and Charlie uttered a couple of words that chilled him to the core. 

"I know son, I know. Such is the life we've been cursed to live."

Report Post Tip

"You alright there pop? We'll get them out of this, we just gotta gather the soldiers...Gino and George, they'll survive this. We just got to be prepared-"

Charlie held up his hand, stopping his son from explaining any further. He didn't want to hear anything regarding his two captains right now, there was nothing that they could do right now and Charlie knew that much. A war like this, it would consume them all and he knew he had to be prepared for the people that would die soon enough. 

Many of these men had joined him because of the past they held with his brother. Loyalty to the name, the organization, it was time for that to change. He did not need to see their faces because he saw it all, they never trusted him enough. His mind was already thinking of ways to improve something there but not right now, he had to think about other things. 

"I'm just saying, the Upstate Commission, Garranzino, Mortimer...they'll all be waiting to move on us. We have got to be ready and show our men that we are no longer just defending ourselves. We hit them hard, we hit them fast...we get at them and show them that we mean business!"

There it was, the hot-blood that he had lost over time. Mael was so much like him in his younger days, the thirst to prove himself to the people who owed him nothing. They respected him because of his ties to the old blood and that was it. There was something in Mael that wanted to prove something more than that, he was ready for more, he had to be ready for more and this was only the time that Charlie could really see it. 

That thirst was there as if he was dying for a simple sip of respect from the others around him. Those who never saw him as much now was the time he could prove something. Turning on his heel, Charlie smiled at his son, already noticing how his son seemed like this war was about him in that regard. 

"We do mean business. You already know this, our men are willing to follow us because we have already proved that we are no fucking bitches. That bloodlust in you, it needs to calm down, alright? I know you have that desire within you, so do I. The need to make sure that they pay for what they have done to us! They will, they will pay with the blood of their people, they will know that they have awoken the lion."

Charlie made sure to look his son in the eyes as he said this, making sure that he knew he was serious beyond all measure. His son was the one calling for blood and no tactical thinking in this matter, it was sad. Maybe it was time to pull him back from the war, make sure that he approached this a bit differently now. 

Report Post Tip

"The lion who has stood idle for so long is going to awaken father? They've hit us, they smelt the blood and those clawing talons of theirs will continue to swoop down on us like the predators they are. We need to hit them now-"

Charlie gave his son a simple look, not a growl or a glare. Just a look that stopped in his tracks, the one-track mind had stopped running for a minute and Charlie sees that his son's wheels were turning in his head. Wondering why his father was taking his time with this plan of attack. 

"You intend to save them, I know that much but you want something else with this too. I can only wonder what. Now would be the time to question it, I can only guess as to what it would be. Do you mind informing me?"

Charlie walked over to his liquor cabinet and poured his head a drink of scotch. He would need it to calm down his nerves, he was fine for now. Nothing bothered him all that much, he settled the drink in his hand and kept it there. Allowing his hand to decide if he wished to drink it or not. It mattered not to him now. 

"I do intend to have that happen. Of course, I do, with this botched attack, every single pair of eyes will be on us. Watching the two heads of the Pavanno Outfit. What will we choose? How will we go about this!? This is the moment that truly defines us as a group my son. Not the victories or the money that we can cut them off from, in the end, this right here, it decides the fate of how we are seen in the public eye."

Mael never knew that until now. He thought about it, Gio and George should have come here instead of attacking the transport, now it would be lost. They were pinned down and could be killed, this was a matter of power and the state of the outfit. His father was right. Those two had cost something for the family in general, their business and their image would be in question.

"So what do we do from here? How do we go about this? Stay here and allow them to attack us so brazenly, as it seems, they are on the defensive. We are the ones who committed this act. We do this and we have to make sure that we can back this up, we are the ones who need to do something now!"

Finally, his son saw it. They were the ones who needed to justify the actions of two capo's. The ones that may have cost them some reputation, there was something in this either way. Charlie had his eyes on a good business of the Upstate Commission, a good little warehouse on the southside...something that was going to be under their control now. They just needed the right movers and they had them already. 

Report Post Tip

"We do this and the true war begins now. Are you sure about this Chuck?"

Devlin stood to one side of Charlie's office, his eyes narrowing on his boss. He could see the wheels turning, there they were. It was almost a bit different seeing his mind at work then his brother's, Joe had an air around him. Trying to calm everyone down before going into the real heart of things, only here Charlie stood, embracing and facing the chaos like a warrior with a greatsword in hand. 

Devlin respected that more than Charlie would ever know, Maybe he could follow this man into hell and back, something that he never knew now. Charlie had a different air about him, the warrior vibe, one he had suffered under the heel of a commander or someone who wanted to instill fear and Devlin could see it. Charlie had scars beyond that of the life, his eyes were haunted at times, the sounds of his people and his son, they seemed to calm him down enough. Only there were the times where one could see the demons in Charlie. 

"I am sure, we hit them at the warehouse, they will be packing plenty things here. Only I know of one key import, one thing that they have no idea that I know of. Their guns and explosives, imported from Ireland. We hit them here, we have effectively crippled them going forward in the war."

Devlin was surprised at that, he didn't know who would be gaining from shipping to the Upstate Commission back home but it must have been something. He was ready to fight them if needed, his loyalty was with the Pavanno Outfit as was that of his own crew. He knew that they were loyal to the Pavanno's who gave them everything. 

"So who is going to relieve Gio and Georgie while the others go to the warehouse and send a message?"

Charlie looked at all of them, the gathered crews, the Haitians and the Irish. All of them had something to prove, the murder of Cassandra Pavanno was something that still hung over all of them. It was not something that any of them forgot, not even now. Charlie had it all ready. They would pay for the murder and they would pay it until he felt like it was settled. No matter, anyone who was involved would be put to the sword. 

"The Haitians will be going with Michael to relieve Gio and Georgie, the rest of you, well you will be joining me. We will be putting the Upstate Commission on notice. We're not fucking around, they want a war, they'll get one and I'll make sure to bleed them dry. All of you, go prepare and may God protect you all. I want you all back here for the celebration, alright? Get those two back home and safe, that is all that matters now."

The Haitians and his son nodded, already heading out the door as Devlin stayed back, watching his boss with a straight face. Wondering how he was feeling but knew he had to be alright enough to lead them, right?

Report Post Tip

Mael stood in his room, a gun rested on his desk as a girl sat by it. Her hair oddly the same color as his and her eyes, a greyish stormy hue that reminded him of his father. 

"Some good men go to war and they don't come back, why are you going Mael?"

His companion, a faithful woman who stayed by his side ever since he found her. Now things were changing, he could see that she was worried for him. Almost like she knew something he didn't care, ever since he had saved her, she stayed by his side. Afraid that something might happen and he would just leave her alone in this world. 

"I am going because it is my duty to the family. These people are following me because of it. If I don't go, I will be showing these people that they can step all over us and take what they wish. Not today, we are a family united, you should know about that Lilith or Leliana, whatever you are going by now."

Lilith smiled a bit at that, Mael always had a way with words. Even on the day that he had saved her, it was not something anyone forgot about him, he just had a certain warmth or protective nature about him. No one destroyed and took what was his without him defending it with his life. She could see it here as well, the look in his eyes, he wanted to make sure that she was safe. 

"I am going by Lilly as you well know. And these people, they know who you are. They know what you can do, are you sure they would take those steps again? What if you all taking these steps makes it all change? The course of this war is decided within the next few hours, trust me, I can see it."

There she went again, Lilly knew too much. Almost like she tried to get him away from the chaotic nature of this life. That wasn't going to happen, he was like his father in some ways. Being a criminal, being an outlaw was all he knew and maybe he would make enough money to give it up, maybe. 

"You worry too much, this war is going to be decided in the next few hours. I can give you that but to change it all? No, that I do not see happening. The Commission over there are a bunch of fools controlled by their emotions, we allowed them some things but then they did that to our family member and they tried to say that we should be happy for it!? I don't care if I die, Lilly, I am going to slaughter every one of those fools. Men and Women who wish to think they can go tow to tow with us!? Fuck no, this battle, this war is going to be different than anything they have seen. A slaughter, bloodshed, bodies dropping, it's all a part of this. If you can't handle that, go home."

Report Post Tip

Lilly punched him with such force that he stumbled back from the force. Her eyes were alight with such anger that Mael could recognize them anywhere. They were the eyes of someone that his father could never stop talking about. Now they were turned onto him, he could see that she was pissed and rightly so, she had the blood in her and there was no doubt in his mind to who she was. 

"Never think of me like that again Mael, ever. I am not like these other women here, I have spilled blood for father more than you had.-"

Mael raised his eyebrow, making sure that no one was walking by. They did not need to hear that and Mael knew this was crazy enough, those days inside that portal had given fruit in the oddest of ways. This right here was one of them, his sister, Lillian or Leliana Pavanno. 

"Keep it down! Do you want the old man to come up and hear you yelling your head off!? I apologize but the matter of fact is, I need to do this. The family needs this and you know it. Even if I perish, my father is here, he may not be yours...just remember, it is better than nothing."

Lilly watched Mael for a moment, she could see that he meant it. He wanted her to have a bond with a father she didn't even know, nor she wishes to know. Her parents were dead, no one back there even knew about her and Mael had found her by chance. She knew not what to do in this type of situation, maybe it would have been better to leave and make sure that he never heard from her again. 

"Well then. I'd rather settle for nothing, I am not going to place myself in his life, Mikey. He deserves only you, the son he got instead of the daughter that is from elsewhere. Right now I would believe that I may have had you. Only that is not the way things work. I just wanted you to be careful brother, you don't know what could happen out there. I just want you to promise me, you will be careful, hm?"

Mael nodded, bringing her into a hug as he could see that she was worried more than anything. He had to remember, she had no one. She lost her family and then he had found her, it was a terrible and cruel life that she lived. Yet it was the hand she was dealt, she would deal with it. As he had dealt with his, maybe Pavanno spawn was meant to live shitty lives after all. 

"I promise you I will. I am not going to promise that I will not do anything outlandish. I can give you one thing, the promise of something better. Eventually, I will introduce you to my father and then we can move from there. He deserves to know you. 

Mael walked out from there, taking his equipment with him and deciding to spare Lilly one last look of care. Nodding his head before finally leaving her alone to her thoughts.

Report Post Tip

"You have to be fucking with me? This can't be happening Charles...no no! You promised me! You promised me that she would stay alive!"

Charlie was on the phone to his brother, delivering the bad news as he heard his brother break over the phone. It was all there, none of it was hidden. They may not have the same father but they had the same mother and we're brothers, that is what mattered. Joseph Pavanno was now a powerful political figure in England. Enough so that a mere mention of his name being brought up in the honored society was met with second guesses. 

"No, I am not. Not about this and not ever. She was killed on the orders of the upstate commission, they wanted to end me for killing Lacy and Lucy....things like this brother, it all meets up in the end and I promise you, they will die at the hands of a Pavanno."

Not a single sound came from the other end of the phone, his brother was still thinking this over. Almost like he was debating on coming over and ending them himself. He knew the hot-blood in them, the blood that was as hot as the sun itself, the blood that called for war and slaughter. It was within them all. 

"You make sure of that Charles, you make fucking sure that they die or I will come over myself and I will deal with this the old fashioned way. Make them pay."

Simple three words, many of them would have lit a fire under someone's ass, yet for Charlie, all it did was give him more reason. He could see the reason why he was fighting, his daughter had died for it. Now was the time to pull them apart, brick by brick and maybe it would show them, the Pavanno's were not to be messed with. 

"Understood."

And the dial was tone was soon heard as his brother hung up. It was obvious that Joey did not expect that, he wanted something different. Joey Pavanno craved for something different, there he stood, a man among the greatest in political society and now, he could do nothing. Joseph was not to be touched and he was not to be mentioned, his past with the honored society was to remain that. The past, whoever brought it up, would be removed from the society, simple as. 

"Brother, I am sorry for not being able to give you the result you wanted. Only now I can promise you that they will die. One by bloody One, I will pick them apart and give them a moment of reprieve, a moment to think about what they did before finally granting them the sweet mercy of the angel. By God himself, I am the fourth horseman, Death now and they will not be spared over another year."

Charlie said to himself in some kind of oath, a guarantee that the Upstate Commission and whoever stood in their way would perish. No longer were the Pavanno's playing softball, bullets would be flying now. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL