Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:44:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
The Tribune: A discussion Started by: Orwell on Feb 10, '08 16:31
To be perfectly honest, I jumped on no bandwagon, I made the bandwagon, and I pulled it along with my teeth.

I addressed a situation in public, and I am (at least trying) to resolve it in private, hopefully myself and a few others can make you eat your words in a few hours TeQy poos, I truly hope so.
Report Post Tip
Sorry dude, I wasn't boasting. I was simply pointing out to Orwell that he'd probably shoot me on sight since I have a feeling our bloodlines go back in hatred a loooooong way.

Unlike some people, I don't feel the need to boast. I don't feel the need to hide behind titles or names.

I just do what I've always done. If you're a fucking tool, or liar, or a hypocrite, I'm going to call your ass out.

If you don't like it, too bad for you.
Report Post Tip
I highly doubt I'll eat my words, Orwell.

Today's generation is of the ilk of cutting someone as deep as possible, chop them down, embarrass and demean them in public. Not only that but they have to do it in packs, they don't do it because they believe in what they say, they just do it because their buddies do it.

I never mentioned names in what I stated first Orwell, if you believe that you are in that group then it is your own guilt that is pointing you towards that opinion.
Report Post Tip
You're going to do what the odd one or two have been doing for generations Tarana, kudos to you. Hope you enjoy it. Get right on with it, piss on people, kick people down, shout about how they're doing things oh so wrongly. Don't point out their flaws and give advice... noooooooo, that would be too easy. Pointing out their flaws then spitting in their faces is MUCH easier.
Report Post Tip
I have to say TeQ, the majority of every generation that has ever graced this or the old world has behaved in that manner.

They probably always will.
Report Post Tip
lol, that is quite comical.

The majority have always been vocal piss-pushers and shit-talkers?

HARDLY.

I remember a time when there were a very select few, it is only since this place changed into an old western style shootout that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has decided that they are the big mouth, that they have a right to say whatever they want. VERY few people used to speak so candidly in the past.
Report Post Tip
There are people in this world who will take the advice you give them and ignore it completely and utterly.

These people generally rise to the top because they are so completely egotistical and arrogant that they invariably know better and ARE better.

The only way to even try and reach these people is to tear them down and stop on their balls.

You're not better than me because your name is in blue.

You're not better than me because you have the rank of Reporter.

Don't fucking act like it. Don't sit here and bullshit everyone because you can't do your fucking job.

The fact that you can't, and the fact that you're a complete fucking tool who only got your job because you excel at a different kind of job, aren't my fault.

Your shit does, in fact, stink. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

If you actually want advice and help, I'll give it to you.

But you don't.

So fuck you.
Report Post Tip
When my father joined this world long ago, the standards were much higher.

Gravepissing resulted in death, bashing and arguing in an unpolite manner, especially right in the spotlight via the streets, resulted in death. Now and days, it's as common as breathing.
Report Post Tip
The fact that I made the thread, TeQ, was something of an indication that I was in the group that you denounced.

Today's generation is of the ilk of cutting someone as deep as possible, chop them down, embarrass and demean them in public.

I admit, my initial speech did all of the above, and it wasn't in a constructive manner. In my defence, the purpose of this speech was to discern whether I was alone in my opinions, and whether or not I was, it was to give the masses somewhere to praise/criticise the Tribune. Sadly, it's mainly been the latter, and that is a sad note for me.

Hopefully, the next time this thread is posted, there will be only be praise sung about the Tribune, and the Reporters and the Editor will refute the claims out of modesty. And for the record, I do agree with TeQ, I'd rather the mindless insults and mudslinging were kept out of it.
Report Post Tip
There are people in this world who will take the advice you give them and ignore it completely and utterly.

These people generally rise to the top because they are so completely egotistical and arrogant that they invariably know better and ARE better.

The only way to even try and reach these people is to tear them down and stop on their balls.

You're not better than me because your name is in blue.

You're not better than me because you have the rank of Reporter.

Don't fucking act like it. Don't sit here and bullshit everyone because you can't do your fucking job.

The fact that you can't, and the fact that you're a complete fucking tool who only got your job because you excel at a different kind of job, aren't my fault.

Your shit does, in fact, stink. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

If you actually want advice and help, I'll give it to you.

But you don't.

So fuck you.

When you stop talking like a degenerate vegetable spewing constant drivel with your "I hate the world for making me a nerd" antics, we shall speak again. Until then, I bid you adieu.
Report Post Tip
I love the world for making me a nerd, thank you.

I hate the world for making everyone else.
Report Post Tip
"If you actually want advice and help, I'll give it to you.

But you don't.

So fuck you." -- And that's what we've said right from the beginning of this thread.

Suggestions, not slaps in the face.

If you want us to listen, stop dragging us by the tie into the public to be stoned like this is Rome.

Instead of waving insults about, pissing off the staff, try being polite for once and respectfully disagree.

I always welcome suggestions.
Report Post Tip
Wow, this has turned around a bit. I am trying so hard to stay out of it, but I'm not one to stay silent. Tarana, please don't group me with all of the current or past Tribune staff. I can't speak for any of the other staff, but only for myself.

I have not once today said that I was better than anyone else, nor would I ever do that. If my rank of reporter offends anyone, I can gladly change it.

I also never said that I didn't want advice. Its actually the complete opposite, as I have stated many times. I have taken all the criticism and advice, and hope to do something with it.
Report Post Tip
The fact that I made the thread, TeQ, was something of an indication that I was in the group that you denounced.

Today's generation is of the ilk of cutting someone as deep as possible, chop them down, embarrass and demean them in public.

I admit, my initial speech did all of the above, and it wasn't in a constructive manner. In my defence, the purpose of this speech was to discern whether I was alone in my opinions, and whether or not I was, it was to give the masses somewhere to praise/criticise the Tribune. Sadly, it's mainly been the latter, and that is a sad note for me.

Hopefully, the next time this thread is posted, there will be only be praise sung about the Tribune, and the Reporters and the Editor will refute the claims out of modesty. And for the record, I do agree with TeQ, I'd rather the mindless insults and mudslinging were kept out of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I give up with this italics bollocks)

Sure, you made the thread, but with the considerable amount of shit talkers and abusers that have replied to narrow it down to include yourself must mean that you feel a sense of guilt.

If you want me to be perfectly honest, then no I didn;t really include you in my opinion. You were the originator of the thread and you gave explanations as to why you thought what you did.

Others have made very pretty looking and long, informative looking posts but after cyphering through the bullshit all that stood out to me was a message of "fuck this guy, fuck that guy, fuck everyone. I'm just here to talk shit for the sake of it".

There were also others with constructive criticism and to these people I tip my hat.
Report Post Tip
And I, and others, have given you advice already.

Follow it.

If you don't, then in 4 months or whenever the new edition comes out, we'll be having this conversation again.
Report Post Tip
And I've noted suggestions. Please try to keep the slander out of it, next time?
Report Post Tip
You first.
Report Post Tip
*joins the who's wang is biggest debate*

And for the answer to that its quite clearly mine, Orwell's is tiny and Teq shrunk his through drug abuse.

But anyway, I personally have never been more disappointed in the tribune, I have held it up to far higher standards than this, personal opinion of course

And Orwell, shut up you commie bastard, go write 1984 already.
Report Post Tip
Your spam will need to be a tad longer than that SunTzu in order to award your bum buddy with points.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Tribune: A discussion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL