Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 11:49:07
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Radical Approach to Re-building Started by: Kuku on Sep 18, '19 16:09

We are living in a world that contains many young, hungry members of this thing of ours.  Hungry for money, prestige and power.  Dozens of people all wanting the same thing; a bold suit.

It is therefore up to the leading and guiding lights of ours to place checks and balances upon the very understandable and human instincts that most all of us have in common.

With all due respect to those wearing bold suits, some are more vulnerable to attack than others.

I therefore propose the following: A Universal Non-Aggression Treaty.

The Treaty would hold that everyone who signed up to it remained committed to not attacking another Crew, District, or City, and it would further beholden all signatories of said Treaty to attack en masse any signatory who breached the Treaty.

The Treaty would be ratified weekly, and announced publicly.  This would create a climate whereby hardworking people can accumulate the wealth, experience and guns that they wants.  It would be a level playing field in a world dominated by paranoia and mischief.

I am not talking about peace for evermore; I am instead talking about a tactical ceasefire.  A chance for those who haven't had a chance to build.

Who is supportive?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Actually not a bad idea to be honest.
Report Post Tip

Baldr made his way to the public square, where he overheard Kuku making a public declaration of a treaty. After contemplating it for some time, he decided to make his opinion known.

This is essentially, informally, already in place is it not? The general consensus among friends who know friends, or those deep in the underground is that we are currently in a time of opportunity. A time of change. A, perhaps temporary, perhaps not, time of peace. The world that we know, separate from the Depression, is in a time of Rebuild. Why are public signatures needed, when they are just as easily nulled? I believe things should be permitted to evolve naturally.

Baldr took a break to clear his throat and run his foot against the concrete, he always seemed to get newspaper stuck to it. Perhaps he needed to get them resoled.

If things are permitted a natural evolution, then bold suits will come to those who earn them. Another great war will be avoided with communication, with inclusion. Perhaps I'm wearing rose tinted glasses, but there is a general sense of happiness right now. Let's let things ride out and stay that way for awhile. I think a public ceasefire is meaningless, and would put undue stress on the rebuilding process.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This can easily cause a crew to be taken out because of a rogue acting from within their family. I am against this.

Report Post Tip

Throw in a tactical fanny pack and I'd join. Those are my conditions.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Jordan, a rogue would not cause the crew to be taken out: unless the rogue was a CL and/or a hand

ZeberishBlack - you aren't sufficiently ranked to have a say, and too dumb to contribute.  Leave the discussion.

Baldr - in what way would it cause stress?  it would alleviate stress.

Report Post Tip

I am taken aback, your reply was really rude and uncalled for! You asked who is supportive and I was very much got on board with it. All I asked for was a tactical fanny pack, you didnt have to resort to personal attacks, calling names and just being outright rude!

Well then, considering how crude and unpleasant I find you to be, I've changed my mind. Let it be know that I, ZebrishBlack, NO LONGER support this tactical ceasefire and you can keep your lousy tactical fanny pack. I no longer desire it.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Lay off my man zebra bro, dafuq

ZeberishBlack and Solace - sensible discussion is acceptable; nay, encouraged here.  Nonsense isn't.

Contribute and flourish.  Please.

For my intemperate words; I apologise to you both.

Report Post Tip
Please be quiet thanks.
Report Post Tip

To whom do you speak, Loki?

Report Post Tip

Baldr looked down at his shoe, he had finally gotten the newspaper off of it, and made sure to not step in anything else. He really needed to make it to get his shoes fixed soon. Hearing Kuku respond to him he turned up to face him.

For one a public treaty would be putting every powerful member of our society on blast. For another, it would cause stress by taking away from other important things, such as the rebuilding effort. Why should any time be taken away from that?

Loki grabs a loudspeaker and presses it against KuKu's ear.

Please

Be 

Quite 

Thank You

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Sooo, this cease fire would only be applicable to the CL's and hands who would not be held accountable for their crew(s) actions.

I see .....

Report Post Tip

I believe things should be permitted to evolve naturally.

As already mentioned by Baldr. I believe this is the right approach to the phase we find ourselves in. I think the majority of mobsters feel there is a general consensus about us being in a rebuilding phase. So a treaty won't be needed in my opinion. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Damn.... Loki is dead before we could figure out what Kuku should be Quite about.

QUITE WHAT???
Report Post Tip

ZeberishBlack - you aren't sufficiently ranked to have a say, and too dumb to contribute.  Leave the discussion

Kuku, What that makes you then? You are in the same boat my friend. 

It would be a good idea, because who doesn't like to build their character till 500 days old and build a capped gun.  

There is really no point of there being a treaty atm as basically the game is at the mercy of 1 city for the moment. Maybe when this generation of mobsters are seasoned? 

Report Post Tip

And my apologies for back to back posts, but this game is all about dying and rebuilding. It is not much of a game if we all live till we are ancient. People who deserve to live that long are the people who conquer there enemies. 

It is tiring to see characters living past 250 days as the new norm. It's like all the IRL Mobsters living free  till they are 100 years old and dying by old age.

Report Post Tip

Luther shoved his way through the thick crowd so that he can contribute to the discussion. When he finally managed to find his way to the space in the middle of the crowd, he clapped loudly to get everyone's attention. He wasn't a big fan of standing on used crates. 

"This proposition would be very enticing if it wasn't redundant," Luther said as chatter from the crowd grew more and more deafening. 

"HEAR ME OUT, HEAR ME OUT, FELLOW MOBSTERS!"

​​Luther pleaded with a roar so his voice wouldn't be drowned out by the voices of the crowd. 

"If my observations and comprehension of my relative's journal serves me right, I believe that this supposed 'treaty' has already been present as a silent agreement between every single regime's denizen crews to foster peaceful coexistence and deter chaos in the criminal underworld. There is no need to formalize it into a written treaty form since it will only serve a ceremonial purpose. Loyalty blocs, alliances, and deceit will always occur while mob power structures remain the same and a rebuild treaty cannot deter that as long as self-preservation and cliques are within our fellow mafiosi's minds. Plus, if anyone refuses to sign, it would ironically incite the violence it is supposed to keep. I will vehemently oppose any iteration of such needless agreements," Luther orated with conviction as he took a bow and slipped back into his place in the crowd.

The crowd seemed a little less clamorous than when he started. 

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A Radical Approach to Re-building
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL