Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:11:15
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Marriage Started by: Dom on Sep 24, '19 16:01

Just do it. A ton of people on here have RP relationships, add a marriage feature. Under "Manage-->Do Stuff" put "Marriage." There you enter the name of the player you wish to marry, they get an event. They can accept or reject. Then you're married and it shows up on your profile. 

Report Post Tip

This message has been brought to you by Nike ✔

Report Post Tip
If I can’t marry my goat 🐐 ....... then I’m not marrying anyone.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Completely pointless, and a waste of coding time. Administration will not code features like this, they have bigger things to focus on. Marriage can be RPed, as it sometimes is, and should be left at that.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Completely pointless, and a waste of coding time. Administration will not code features like this, they have bigger things to focus on. Marriage can be RPed, as it sometimes is, and should be left at that.

+1

I know a certain other game that has this feature...

Report Post Tip

I will give this a +1.  It's fluff, sure and it's something we can do ourselves by putting it in our profiles (hell I do it) but I'm not seeing where a feature like this would take away from anyone's enjoyment of the game.  If it makes folks happy, where's the harm?  Not everything on the site must serve a mechanical purpose, does it? 

Report Post Tip

That other game gives benefits to marriage, That would be an unfair advantage here. without an advantage it is a waste of coding as stated above. I'd rather see the coding for the new game be a priority. It's past time to roll it out.

Besides, that other game is crap.

Jordan

That other game that's crap has a few more players than this one.

Report Post Tip

Fuzzy math. I have an old account there that is still counted.

Besides, it's a useless feature. Coding needs to be for new game, not useless features here.

Report Post Tip

@ Jordan

How many people have been online on MR in the last 24hrs? On the other game: 31k

Report Post Tip

Adding features simply because they are on another game is a quick way to thin out the user base even more than it already has in the past decade.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Considering the other game is crap, I haven't been there in years so I wouldn't know.

I firmly believe that 31K number is Fake News. 

THIS as well

Adding features simply because they are on another game is a quick way to thin out the user base even more than it already has in the past decade.

Report Post Tip

Ah yes, let us copy features from games with 31k active people because copying features from larger games automatically improves this game and increases the userbase since I'm sure the other game has the same userbase with the same interests as this one. 

I guess there's a reason it is the biggest role-play game

Report Post Tip

I RETRACT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT.

THIS MUST GO IN IMMEDIATELY SO I CAN MARRY PRINCESS

Report Post Tip

It actually could serve an in game purpose as say a beneficiary of the spouses in game cash should one of them meet an untimely end.

Report Post Tip

Even if Squishy were minded to code in Marriage, he is unlikely to allow for spouses money to pass from one to another via a will after death. The reason for this is as Squishy has previously stated, death is one of the few ways that he can effectively eliminate money from the game. Allowing spouses to keep money after death means vast amounts of money need to be eliminated from the game in some other way.

Report Post Tip

Not necessarily since it would really only keep money around if there was a rogue situation. During a war I'd imagine both spouses would end up dying in most cases.

Report Post Tip

The 31k active in 24 Hrs is what really got my attention i would guess that is total active accounts. For a browser game to have that many people in 24hrs is a little hard to believe but to the actual topic.

In another game i played in the past this lead to a lot of fraud people marrying then stealing money. you only had one character there but here it be easy to restart and have the money for the next. So just can be a dangerous feature to add cause their would be ways to abuse it. Also like william said alot of money would be left over throughout wars if spouse were on different sides. Might be something that should be kept as RP.

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Marriage
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL