Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 15:40:40
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Crew Info Started by: Squishy on Feb 08, '11 04:44

In the Crew Listing page (News & Info, Crews), there is a new link. By clicking on "Space Available" it will bring you to a crew page that allows you to get a preview of the crew you are researching.

As an example, we shall use -Premeir

CREW INFORMATION
Crewleader: -Premeir
IRC Channel: #inquisition
Members (Made): 43 (15)
Petty Tax: Low
Felony Tax: Obscenely Low
Drug Tax: Low
[Crew Bio Goes Here (to be coded soon)]

This shows you some basic information about this particular family. One of the important features is that it displays the current crew taxes. The tiers are based off of the same wording as the current BG tiers.

Our current numbers are as follows:
Insanely High >= 55%
Obscenely High >= 50%
Extremely High >= 45%
High >= 40%
Average >= 35%
Low >= 30%
Extremely Low >= 25%
Obscenely Low >= 20%
Insanely Low 0-19%

Use this, and other information to better inform yourself on what type of crew you are going to be communicating with, before you chose to join.

Report Post Tip

For those crews that wish to hide the taxes they charge members, the ability to do so will be coded in shortly.

Report Post Tip

I rather like this idea. Newer members may not truly understand the information they are now able to see, but it helps a bit.

Report Post Tip

Erm, I meant feature, not idea.

Report Post Tip

Could I suggest putting in the information, how many of the members each family has, are NPM's?
Just like a little extra line detailing how many NPM's the family has.
Not sure how everybody else feels about this though.

Report Post Tip

I like the ideas about NPCs as it shows which families can attract members and which rely on NPMs to look like they're attracting members. Highlights leaders communicational and leadership skills if one wants to work with him. I.e. Sat when he was Deimne he attracted people who attracted more people - giving him a working 50 man HQ.

Report Post Tip

Having NPMs has little to do with the inability to gather members. It's simply a way to gain extra revenue, and a kill when they run out. This is especially useful for new families.

Report Post Tip

All I can say is wow...

Crewleader: &&**&&**&&**
IRC Channel: #$$$$$#@#$#@
Members (Made): 49 (24)
Petty Tax: Obscenely High
Felony Tax: Insanely High
Drug Tax: Obscenely High

Figured this feature would inspire people to lower their taxes since we are now judged by the rates we set... Not raise them like this unnamed leader has done with their felony tax.

Report Post Tip

I like this very much. Its like you don't have to pay for spies anymore to see what the other families are doing(Although I've never heard of that happening)

Report Post Tip

I think it takes away privacy. I mean people in the 1920's dont have this much knowledge of every crew. Think it is too unrealistic.

Report Post Tip

"I think it takes away privacy. I mean people in the 1920's dont have this much knowledge of every crew. Think it is too unrealistic."

People will find out what the tax's are when they join a crew anyway, at least this way they know before hand and are not joining and quitting crews because they do not like the tax's.

Report Post Tip

Ya because when your in a real mob you can just kill yourself and come back to life and join another crew?

Report Post Tip

If your joining a crew then you should abide by whatever the taxes the CL has.

Report Post Tip

Point is, this gives new players more insight. Not everything in the damn game has to abide by RP standards. Hell, if that were the case, the BG max would be 10 at the most, shooting and getting away with it would be much harder and CLs/GFs would never personally take a shot themselves.

Report Post Tip

Ya but I think this is over the top. Feels like you are given a menu and you choose from the best crew of your choice.

Report Post Tip

If you feel it's over the top then don't make use of it. <.<

Report Post Tip

Prob wont to be honest. A lot will prob find it as a good reature but I think the crew is about the leader rather than money.

Report Post Tip

Different people choose their crew for different reasons. Besides, it also gives the name of their channel on IRC which is not always obvious.

Report Post Tip

Why would ya join a crew otherwise? Less tax means more money and no interest in the family is ludacris. Once you join the family you could easily ask them for the IRC channel and if you werent in the crew, you could easily ask a member. I think this feature just makes the game less realistic.

Report Post Tip

Getting the IRC channel beforehand gives you the chance to discuss the family in detail without all of the mobmailing. And, other reasons to join a crew could be that you know someone in it or because they don't memberwhore. Or perhaps because they are a small tight-knit family and you like that.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Crew Info
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL