Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:44:42
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Journalism Awards: $14M Prize Money! Started by: CommissarZverev on Nov 16, '19 15:52

I'm also a little unsure why VIPCreditsGrin feels so entitled to submit two articles?  Or do the rules not apply to him?  I mean come on man, only one of these articles stands out as anything special.  And stop reporting that NotoriousBIG was killed.  WE KNOW!

Report Post Tip

Destro, I wasn't aware that you were in league with BelleCorsica - until now - noted and simultaneously your argument is rejected. You may as well tag some dead people in it for all the good it will do. I mean, it isn't even a piece of journalism. No, clearly not winning material. 

MariaReynolds story has so many factual inaccuracies, it is barely more admissible than the Destro backed BelleCorsica effort. Her journalistic integrity is zilch if she'll put her name to that garbage. 

CommissarZverev, please disregard Leonardo's advice. I deserve 100% of the prize money as I did not use an extension unlike some others I can think of.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

VIPCreditsGrin, you realize that it is only just now past midnight and that as of now absolutely no one has used additional time?  Additionally, I am quite confident that should anyone check my facts they will find them extremely accurate.  Perhaps you should do your research before insulting others and making yourself look even more foolish. 

Kong?  Where are you?  Are you not watching him tonight? 

Even though she is not getting paid, Maria kindly leans forward and wipes VIPCreditsGrin's chin with a handkerchief. 

Report Post Tip

MariaReynolds, extensions have been used. If you aren't aware of them, I think that reflects badly on you and your abilities as a journalist. The lack thereof particularly. When you deal in the truth like I do, rather than make believe like you have, you have to do a little thing called "digging" and "reading between the lines". I microsoft excel in those areas. 100% of the prize money applies. 

And, it seems it would be quite convenient for you, Destro, if I just clammed up about the slaying of NotoroiusBIG, given your own involvement in that very event. Kind of ironic really isn't it, how you took money from that very man's contests and played a significant role in his demise. Nice amount of bodyguards you have.

Report Post Tip

I do put my name to that garbage as you call it Mr. Grin. It is my own original piece. People like you inspired me to write that piece so thank you to you and your kind. I would like to clarify I am no journalist, I have never claimed to be a journalist.  I would  like to  thank all those who have supported my entry. I love you all also. 

She blows kisses to the crowd. Places her piece of human jerky back into her mouth and chews on the end. Reaching behind her back she grabs her stuffed opossum that had been hanging by its curled tailed on a belt loop at her waist. Cradling the dead opossum in her arms she  started caressing and cooing at  it as she skulked back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

After sitting in the judging tent for a good while to read carefully through all the paperwork that had been submitted, Leonardo took off his glasses and went over to CommissarZverev and everyone else who was present at this competition, to deliver his final verdict. 

"Boss CommissarZverev asked me to give some comments on the different pieces submitted and also the reason why I voted for my favorite story. First I want to say thank you to everyone who participated, always nice to see so many mobsters enter this competition. I'm sorry for my verdict is a little late, but I wanted to take my time to read carefully through every story. I felt some stories were pretty average and sounded like a summary of what they reported. Which is fine, but I miss more creativity and imagination to those pieces. Some were better written and had a lot of creativity in it, which I value highly.  Grin, Maria and Luc showed that, no doubt. With that being said, my vote for this competition goes to the BelleCorsica. I think this was very well written, had a lot of depth to it and it was very original. Definitely the piece with most originality in it. I had to read through it at least 5 times, I feel you can interpret the meaning of it in many ways. I honestly want to hear her own thoughts on it, to get a greater understanding. The ending of her piece was very beautiful and probably what made me decide to give my vote to her. I had to read several of the stories again to be sure, but in the end, the originality she displayed was the winning factor for me. 

Before I travel back to Philadelphia, there is a little note I want to bring up. After reading through my father's journals, and specifically about being a judge in Commissar competitions. I want to bring up something. The idea itself of having competitions like this is a great contribution to the streets. That is definitely something I and Zverev can agree upon, and that's the reason I said yes to be a judge as my father was. I hope with this competition and hopefully others in the future, that everything can be conducted properly. Simply out of respect for everyone who wants to be apart of this. I'm sure we all have had a lot of fun in the past with this competition, and all the endless legal work going back and forth. I hope we can all agree that many of the accusations being thrown left and right were over complete nonsense. I have never asked for or given a penny to this competition, I have simply been a judge. I hope everyone agrees with this being a wonderful contribution to our community, let's make sure we do it right." 

Report Post Tip
Yes thank you Leonardo we know. We already determined that BelleCorsica has the winning story.

Congrats to the winner BelleCorsica, a fellow 12th Street Company mobster. Let’s get that prize money expedited as quickly as possible.
Report Post Tip

tiggy stands up from the excitement of seeing Destro announce BelleCorsica as the winner in the Journalism Awards Ceremony.

"Congratulations to BelleCorsica! This is a fantastic day to be a winner! I would also like to thank Leonardo for agreeing to judge and sponsor the competition. I am confident that BelleCorsica is waiting eagerly for you to transfer the prize fund."

Report Post Tip

Destro I was not aware off that, was your previous vote before I submitted mine enough. 

tiggy little upsetting to see you trying to spark something, unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised. The idea of having a fair competition where the focus is on the competition itself doesn't seem to be on your agenda. 

Besides this, I will not use any more of my time to discuss this. I can't even afford a lawyer at the moment, not even the services of Neil_Anblomi

Report Post Tip

BelleCorsica, I was not calling your Destro-backed work garbage, I was calling MariaReynolds’ garbage, garbage. Regardless, congratulations on your Destro-backed victory in the Journalism Awards despite not being a journalist.

And, whilst I am glad to be inspiring young minds across the country, I would strongly prefer to inspire people who are no in the pocket of a certain villain (Destro). 

Report Post Tip

Rebbelle heard her name and stepped closer to hear what was being said more clearly the dead opossum nestled in the crook of her arm as she scratched just behind its ears absently.  She was shocked to hear that her entry had won her blood pressure must have went through the roof as her skin started feeling flushed.  She cleared the lump that had some how lodged in her throat before addressing Leonardo's questions.

Thank you Leonardo for judging the competition  and your words of sentiment and thoughts on my piece.  Thank you all who supported my piece as well.  There are many meanings .

She paused to hang the dead possum by its tail to her back belt loop. 

As I was saying there are many meanings. You see no two people see the same incident in the same way. So while I intended one meaning with certain phrases or words it will mean something  entirely different  to you or him or her. She points  to several random people in the crowd as she says this to emphasis her words.

The meaning is simple.  It means something different to all of us.

I just want to say thank you all for your support , and again  thank you Leonardo for judging the competition.

She turns to Mr. Grin as he continues to spew his lies about her. Her gaze was steely and cold like daggers. She was just about fed up  with his lies and slander against her name.

Mr. Grin good sir I will have you know that no body backed me in this competition. I am an independent writer and proudly.  So, know good sir this is the last time I will politely ask you to brush your  teeth before you try and slander my name with your lies and bad sources. She gave Mr. Grin the stank eye and then turned curtly on her  heel  making the opossum swing vicariously  as it bounced against her rear with each haughty step she took as  left the venue.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $2,000,000 Tip

Well BelleCorsica couldn't have been clearer in disregarding the two backings she has had. Noted. The votes of Destro and Leonardo look void if she doesn't want them. Seems like the contest is wide open again.

Commissar, I should remind you at this point that you owe me a competition victory. 

Report Post Tip

Do not twist my words asshole is heard trailing behind her as  she turns the corner.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Grinbini hears yet more words from the mouth of the departing not-journalist, confused at her continued animosity towards him.

What have I twisted exactly? I said your entry was backed by Destro, which it was, as he had backed it to win. You then furiously denied these claims saying and I quote; "Mr. Grin good sir I will have you know that no body backed me in this competition". That isn't twisting your words, that is quoting you verbatim. 

I was fine with you being backed, but as you've gone to such pains to disallow their support, it seems the only course of action is more judging with everyone level. Although, given the poor quality and factual frailties of her entry, perhaps MariaReynolds should start on -5?

Report Post Tip

Destro I was not aware off that, was your previous vote before I submitted mine enough.

Leonardo again, and I can't state this enough, I was NOT a judge for this contest.  All I said was that it was my OPINION that BelleCorsica had the best article and was the obvious winner.  It's my opinion that 2 plus 2 equals 4 as well, but it's also a fact.  We don't need a judge to waltz out and confirm that it's 4. Get my meaning?

That being said, I'd also like to recognize the work of Luc-DiCaprio, who while he was not crowned victorious in this contest submitted a fine piece of journalism, choosing to use his platform to report on Lifestyle & Culture by introducing a new genre in men's fashion "The Modest Playboy".  I will most likely be sending copious amounts to tip money to him as well.  Job well done Luc, cheers.

Other than that I'm just happy to see this contest has concluded with no drama, controversy, strange behavior or incident afterwards.

Report Post Tip

In honour of the winner, BelleCorsica, the dead rodent under her arm, and her wild, innovative and breathtaking article about feral shit-mongering zombies, I have composed a haiku in dedication to her genius:

She is from Detroit
She may be full of rabies
But her poem is tight

Thank you very much. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I did not realise that you were running this competition Destro. If I had, i may have even submitted an entry myself, although I am exceedingly busy trying to rebuild my legal practice after the needless murder of my own client. I know you keep trying to say that you have nothing to do with this competition, but yet here you are, out in the streets, attempting to steal the limelight, wanting it all to be about you. We have seen one official vote recorded, that of Leonardo, and you have thus far twice declared BelleCorsica the winner, but we have no official declaration from CommissarZverev, so you can see how I am led to believe that you are now running this competition. Are you putting up the prize money from your own past winnings, or will it be generated from the 'How Many Times Can I needlessly Mention Shannon-Whelan' Sponsorship Society?

Honestly though, I don't think you should use tips as a measure of anything, its too easy to rig. I could ask a friend to come here and tip me an obscene amount of money, on the understanding that I will send it straight back to him. Furthermore, as good as Belle's Oral beatnik hipster poetry undoubtedly is, I wouldn't call it journalism, I would even struggle to call it an editorial, no disrespect intended Ms Corsica.

Finally... and The Rock erm I do mean finally, Leonardo, I held a soft spot for your father, he was a truly good man, a rarity in a world of Villains, shysters, cut-purses and event riggers, so should you ever find yourself in need of an attorney, I will be happy to represent you Pro Bono.

Report Post Tip

Neil, you are forgetting two important things:

1. CommissarZverev has a contractual arrangement with me where I am declared the winner of a contest

2. You don’t have any friends who you could ask to tip you 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Just wondering when this contest will be officially closed.

Or is  it just going to be left forgotten.

Report Post Tips: 23 / Total: $600,017 Tip
BelleCorsica - we, in the competitive writing community, are in mourning for Destro, who was brutally murdered.

To honour him, I'm happy to announce, in line with his wishes, that BelleCorsica is the winner, and can now receive $14M
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Journalism Awards: $14M Prize Money!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL