Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:44:51
Page:  1 
Button Holder Entitlement Started by: BlackOPs on Nov 20, '19 20:15
Please refer to the following City rule posting in The Streets, here's a pamphlet..

It states "If a made man pickpockets an associate, and that associate mugs him, it is expected that the made man will initially try to speak with the associate. Made man is a position of honor and respect, and they should be using this position to educate the younger generation. However, if the made man feels the mugging was an attack, or that the associate has disrespected them, retaliation is not only permitted, it is expected. "

Rest in peace, Maxiumus-Decimus.

Reply by: Dominick at Nov 20

Well being you never made an attempt to talk to the Said Maximus I would say Dominick that you never honored that side of the coin.

You brought much disrespect to those of you that hold or wear a button.

Attack on your person I laugh at that, A Mugging never causes death.

It is the only retaliation that we at lower levels have.

I was here when the PP was first introduced and listen to all the people complain and now with this new advantage that Button holders have it brings a bad feelings to anyone who is willing to take advantage of it.

Shame on any who partake ....Made Men and above are to be held at a higher level which includes knowing a threat......

Seriously People

A mugging is not any kind of an attack ... It is removal of funds from someone who first did the first attack by PPing in the first place.
Who is the bigger back stabber.

Now the cities rulers agree to this nonsense.
I can remember my great great great great (it goes on) dying because he PPed someone. People whined and cried until the Gods that be brought us Mugging as a way to even it out.
Now it has come full circle. Now I get pped I retaliate by mugging back and I die for that.

Button holders also mean you need to have restraint and know when a threat is a real threat.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $140,000 Tip
A real man of honor would never stoop so low as to pick someone’s pocket. They where above it, but those days are long gone. Shooting someone for mugging you is absolute bullying and it’s disgraceful.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Mugging is absolutely, without doubt, an attack. Beating someone into a bloody pulp and taking their money is an assault. That person will be stuck in that location for hours on end nursing their injuries, putting them in a risky situation. They may even lose their gun in the ordeal.

You are absolutely right, button holders are entitled, especially acting GFCs of cities. And that is the way it should be. 

Viktor

That is a cop out if I have ever heard one.

Where is the restraint in the Acting GF he knows the chances himself and he has the advantage already. Why does any Button holder need to feel threatened by any one WG or less.

All this ruling does is give you another advantage that is not really needed.

Report Post Tip

It has nothing to do with the threat, or advantages. It has everything to do with the complete lack of respect it implies. This is the mafia, that is how the mafia works. If you beat a made member in the streets, regardless of your reasons for doing so, you're likely to be retaliated upon by them or their family.

The rank of made man has meant less and less over the past decade, and it is our aim to attempt to reverse that. 

No one is saying you can't do it, just that if you get clapped back afterwards, we're not stepping in. Mug whoever you like, just bear in mind that every action has a reaction, and be aware of who you are dealing with and what their status is in La Cosa Nostra.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Viktor, nothing for nothing, but one of your men mugged me, I reached out and got horrendous abuse.  He was an Earner.  I didn't get justice because I'm me.  And that's the truth.

Report Post Tip

I can see the logic in this. If any associate put his hands on a made man, let alone a Don or Godfather, they would be taken out into the desert and buried somewhere quiet. However Viktor, there is a caveat in all of this. As learned Counsel Ragnarok has said, what man of honour would stoop to the levels of picking pockets? My pocket is regular rifled, most often by made men and above, some of whom are verging on harassment given that it happens almost every hour on the hour whilst we are in the same city, this despite my public stance on picking pockets. So where do we draw the line Sir?

A person can't claim to be honourable and dishonourable at the same time. There are plenty of targets out there, FBN, Durden's those who are friendly to picking pockets, therefore I can only assume that the repeated attacks on myself is purely out of malice, dishonourable intentions and the fact that this ruling from the City leaders has made those who wish to be low lifes, feel invulnerable.   

Here we go.

Actually, the truth is that you were specifically targeting under mades from Philly, and then sending them goading mails trying to get them to mug you so you could have an excuse to shoot them. This was abusing the rule, and that is why you got abuse back. You're right, you didn't get justice because you are you, because you choose to repeatedly create issues for the sake of it. 

To my knowledge, Dominick was not targeting this person, or trolling them afterwards. If I am wrong, please correct me, BlackOPs.

Neil_Anblomi you raise a valid point, one which I already addressed in my speech covering the scope of this ruling.

If you feel you are being targeted, please bring it to your leader's attention, with examples, and the proper steps will be taken to make sure it does not continue in that vein.

I have specifically told everyone within my city the details of this rule, and have advised them of the penalties for targeting under mades specifically. You are correct, there are plenty of other targets, and personally I only go after an under made if I see no other people to pick from. 

It is expected that people will try to abuse the rule, which is why we have tried to implement a process to prevent it. It certainly isn't perfect, but as with any change on this scale it is going to take time and experimentation to perfect.

As for myself I rarely pp anyone unless it is a Durden or ca.

What does a button holder need with 15k at best....sell some drugs and get more money.
Report Post Tip

Unfortunately, money makes this world, our world, turn. 

I would expect (probably incorrectly) that most return the cash afterwards, and are more interested in the experience of groping people. Perverts.

Group gropping is better Viktor.....just saying lol
Report Post Tip

Mug Love!

I don't have a problem with this rule.  Then again - I put forth the effort and showed the respect necessary to get myself my button.

I know where I am on the food chain.  I don't make rules, I abide by them - which gets me the button, and the rights and privileges that come along with it.  It's like a cycle.

See how that works?

I could go on and on about how earning respect and working hard gets you a lot further than moaning in the streets, but I fear it won't resonate so I won't waste my breath any further.

Report Post Tip

Honestly, I do not know what a conversation between Dominick and Maximus-Decimus could possibly have accomplished.  It won’t have made Dominick unmugged.  There is no apologizing for a violent attack.  Dominick is a prominent man in our community.  You don’t lay hands on a man like him and expect to walk away unscathed.  If you are a wise guy in this thing of ours, how are you honestly going to begrudge a button man a few dollars? In our world, $15,000 is a trifling.  How could that possibly be worth disrespecting a made man?  You should look upon it as another form of tribute to those who have made their bones and learn to deal with it until such time as you prove yourself to your crew and are invited into the fold yourself.   

Some in this conversation have mentioned that they would make attempts to pick the pocket of a made person before turning to the lower ranked.  I think just the opposite to be honest.  Normally I keep my fingers to myself.  I earn enough money and subscribe to the philosophy of live and let live; however, from time to time city hall requires that I grab some cash from the nearest warm body.  When that time comes, I will 100% choose a person who is not made.  From my position, I definitely do not expect to deal with a beating in return, and I don’t honestly understand an obligation to have a conversation about that situation.

It is just about showing respect to those who have earned it.   

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $300,000 Tip
So in turn I cannot pp anyone that out ranks me that much.
So your saying it's ok for them to steal from someone trying to make it.
I have to disagree with you on that Marie.
Report Post Tip

I don't see it as stealing at all.  I see it as you paying your dues.  I wish the best for you, I hope that you one day prove yourself and earn your bones.  I will be excited to welcome you to the family we have built here in Las Vegas. Just until that day, you work with our permission.  You would never be able to earn the money you can earn now if you were out on your own.  You benefit greatly from your association to the family.  Those benefits come with a price, and this is just one of them. 

Report Post Tip

I consider PPing an attack also.

So if by chance I see a Made Man or higher PP me consider the fact that I will shoot you to protect myself.

I will skip the Mugging altogether.

Days of old have returned :} 

Report Post Tip

I don't see it as stealing

its literally a form of larceny. Big brain!!!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Button Holder Entitlement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL