Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:17:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Sunshyne Cafe Started by: Sunshyne on Dec 13, '19 12:04

After taking a few more moments at the park to finish her coffee and to give that man the ample time to walk off. She hadn't really kept an eye on which direction he went but she knew he went towards Bricktown. She probably should have sent him in the opposite direction she needed to go but at the time she wasn't thinking about and just pointed in the direction that she knew that there were places. Ksenia made her way into town, totting the newspaper under her arm.

She couldn't just leave it there and didn't see the need to throw it away. Even though she probably should have cause in reality she wasn't going to read it but she did know it made her look a bit more in tune to the happenings of the world. She had so many things to do today, Vinh had her running around like a chicken with it's head cut off but she couldn't get past this hunger pain. She hadn't eaten in what felt like ages, this was her bodies cry for help. 

With a bit of a sigh, she tucked into the first place she caught glimpse of. The Sunshyne cafe... it was a place that she had yet to step foot in then again she wasn't one that tended to eat a lot. So it made sense that she had never stepped foot inside.

The place itself was rather crowded, all the tables were full and all but one seat was taken up at the counter. She didn't pay much mind to the occupants, instead just made her way over to that one empty spot. Squeezing herself in between two rather larger bodies, not fat just big but to her almost everyone was big.

Placing the paper down, up and to the left of her. Ksenia was met right away from the lady tending the counter spaces.

"What can I get ya darlin?" She asked.

"Coffee black and... you have pancakes?"

The lady nodded

"Coffee and pancakes will work..."

The lady nodded once again, turned towards the window and yelled out an order of pancakes to the cook in the back. Turned back around, grabbed an empty coffee cup and the pot of coffee and gave it a pour. Ksenia quickly picked it up and gave the cup a once over. It didn't matter what cup she drank out of or what the contents were, she always had to make sure it was clean. It was just one of the things that she did, like clockwork. Once satisfied she held it in her hands, knowing all too well it needed a moment to cool. With her vision directed right in front of her, her mind began wondering...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

When Raphael finally opened his eyes on his now nearly empty plate he nodded. The food was good, better than he had anticipated in all honesty and the place had filled up quiet nicely. Either he was going to have to order more food, or he was going to be taking up valuable real estate.

He opted for the former. As he picked up his empty plate to bring to the counter, he assessed the situation and slid his arm between two folks. "Excuse me folks, just leaving this here. Waitress? When you have time, I'd like a cup of tea and a slice of that chocolate cake if you don't mind. No rush, tkae your time." He turned his attention once again toward the person seated right at the counter.

"Sorry again, thanks for..." He paused halfway through his sentence and then chuckled. "Well... Um. I've said sorry more times to you today than I have to anyone in a week. Thanks for the recommendation by the way, great spot." He gave a quick smile and then gestured toward the table by the window his things were at.

"If you're feeling squished up here at the counter, you can have my table. Promise I won't say a word, or spill your coffee this time. Matter of fact..."

He looked toward the waitress. "Miss? Can you just add hers to my tab? I spilled coffee on her earlier, it's the least I can do." The waitress by response simply shrugged and nodded.

Raphael nodde too. "There, and thank you again. Seats open if you want it."

With that he made his way back to the table and sat down once again to watch the street.

Report Post Tip

The sound of the voice chimed in over her, one that she really didn't pay much but subtly heard as she her mind was wandering. It wasn't until she caught a whiff of his cologne that it snapped her back to the realm of the cafe. There was something about it that just caught her senses off guard, which in itself was rather strange considering the cafe didn't lack smells but this one was different.

Turning her head to the left, she spotted him... The source of the smell, the source of the voice... it was the man she had come to run into at the park a bit ago. How in the hell was he here as well? The city wasn't small and there were a number of food establishments all up and down this street but here he was and here she was. Was it fate? Was it shit luck? Or perhaps he was stalking her? She shook her head to the thoughts of that, if he was following her she would have had to been her first and the fact he was bringing his now empty plate to the lady only meant he was here first.

With a soft sigh, she listened as he spoke. Offering for her to come join him at his table, away from the crunched position she was currently in. Her initial reaction was to tell him no and to leave her be but really this spot wasn't the most comfortable and these two she was sitting in between weren't the cleanest bunch. So with a bit of hesitation she squeezed her way out of her chair, making sure to take the coffee and paper with her. Motioning to the lady behind the counter that she was moving to the table.

Which she did, sliding herself right into the booth. Watching as he sat across from her.

"Thanks..." Was all that she could muster up initially, taking the subtle pause afterwards to slide the newspaper back across the table towards him. "Not sure if you wanted this back but there you go if you do."

Raphael simply tapped the paper to acknowledge that he saw her leave it there, but he had promised her he wouldn't talk, stay nice and quiet. He just looked out the window instead, watching as the cars rumbled by, and people strolled. There was nothing like life in the city, and each city had a different pulse. Philly's was an early morning one. It was always busy earlier in Philly than in other places. The docks started up early, and since that was the heart of the city, the rest of the place woke up with it.

Detroit seemed to wake up a bit later in the day, but it was an evening city at it's core. At least, that what Raph thought.

He opened his mouth to ask the woman seated with him, but then shut it again, remembering his promise. Good luck for him though, his coffee and cake were brought over then, and he nodded to the waitress as thanks. He picked up a fork and then looked down, realizing that she had provided him with an extra so he shrugged and slid the plate to sit between him and his companion.

He gestured toward the cake, and then toward the spare fork with his own, but once again, said nothing as he took a bite. it was more moist than he had expected considering it had been sitting in that case. Perhaps they made them fresh and kep them in the back? He glanced back toward the case, but no, there was clearly a piece of cake missing out of it that was there before. They simply must have good cake here.

He took a mental note of the name of the place as he put his fork down on the edge of the plate, away from the cake and took a sip of his coffee.

He broke his promise then as he let out a comfortable sigh. Coffee made everything better and more relaxing.

Report Post Tip

She raised her hand low and at a bit of an angle towards his gesture to share the cake. Not that she didn't want to have a bite but she was still in fact waiting for her pancakes and those were going to be sweet enough for her. She didn't need the cake and really sharing off someone's plate that she had just met was a bit weird to her. She didn't know him, she didn't know where he had been... it was better this way but not to be overly rude, she did speak up.

"I'm good, I have pancakes coming..." Which actually reminded her... it had been quite sometime since she had ordered them. Clearly the place was busy but how long could it take to make a few pancakes. Turning her head to the right, she tried to see if she could notice anything in regards to her order but from where she was seated she could only see the backs of the guys she had sat between earlier... well them and another that now took the spot she had been previously sitting in.

Turning her attentions back onto the man in front of her, giving him a once over before speaking once again.

"It might just be a coffee type day for me, I've survived on worse..."

Raphael furrowed his brow and shook his head. Since she had spoken he decided that he must be allowed then. "Nonsense." Was the only word he spoke as he stood and made hit way back to the counter, once again squeezing his way to the front.

"Excuse me, the lady at my table ordered pancakes. If you've got them I'd be happy to deliver them for you, if not I'd like to remind..." He stopped mid sentence as a set of fluffy delightful looking pancakes came up to the serving window. He smiled at the waitress and she just gestured to them.

"You wanna help buddy, they're all yours." She tossed her head as she grabbed a small bottle from under the counter and handed it and the hot plate over to him. he grabbed the bottle first, a sugary ambre liquid sloshed around inside. It could safely be assumed that was syrup. Then he went to grab the plate and winced as hid hand wrapped around it. He was a fool for not thinking it would be hot. he reached into his jacket to...

Right, he had given her his handkerchief back at the park. He shot a glance around, and grabbed a napkin, using that to cover his hand, he grabbed the plate and the syrup, bringing them back to the table.

"Careful, that's quite hot." He said as he put the plate down and the syrup next to it. "Good thing she gave you an extra fork for the cake cause I have no idea where the silverware is kept." He gave a half-hearted smile then and sat back down in his own seat, picking up his fork and cutting into the cake.

He started to bring it to his mouth, but stopped halfway. "Sorry Miss, but could I just ask you for your name? I'm Raphael, most folks call me Raph." He tried to keep it short by way of taking the bite of cake and letting her decide whether or not to give him her name.

Report Post Tip

She wasn't really going to question why he continued to go out of his way for her, even though she really was curious. Was there something underlining that she was missing? Generally she was a really good judge on situations such as these but for the life of her she couldn't figure him out. Good or bad... there was something different about him, for the time being, she was going to weigh on the side of caution and just assume he was up to no good. Though she would have the right to change her opinions on him at her leisure.

Pulling the plate close to her, Ksenia reached for the syrup, pouring a little bit on a portion of it. There was something about pancakes, she didn't like them saturated with syrup but loved lots of it. It was a rather odd thing to watch but to her it just made sense. With that, she dug her fork into the cakes and pulled off a big ole chunk. The syrup dripping off the top of it as she pulled it off the plate. Bringing it up to her mouth, she jammed it in, taking in flavors. It was delicious, exactly what she wanted.

Placing the fork down, she put her attention onto the coffee. Picking it up and taking a sip, knowing all too well he had asked her a question. One that she was just delaying to answer. It didn't really matter if he knew her name, right? After today they would probably never run into each other again, at least that was her hope. With a bit of a subtle shrug to herself, she spoke.

"Ksenia, that's me." She took a second, pausing, all the while keeping her eyes locked onto him. Seeing him he made any sort of movements to indicate anything negative but there was nothing. "Raph, question for you."

She watched as he perked up, nodding in her direction, giving her the green light to ask. Even though she really wasn't asking for his permission, cause she was going to ask it regardless.

"Do you serve pancakes to every girl you come across? Cause you may have found yourself quite the profession."

Raph almost spit his coffee when she asked. It was a question that caught him completely off guard. He expected small talk. What do you do for a living? Why were you in the park earlier? Something about each other. This though? She was funny. He put the coffee down then and wiped his mouth just in case he had any that he didn't manage to keep inside as he swallowed.

"No, Can't say that I have. Though I did work as an errand boy back in Philly. Lots of running around delivering things. Might be my calling after all. Maybe I shouldn't have left that job. What do you think?"

He smiled then and picked his cup back up, indicating with his pinky she should continue to enjoy before her food got cold.

"Nice to meet you Ksenia." He said simply, and much more calmly than he he felt. maybe she was nicer than she was giving off. Maybe she just needed some breakfast in her. He got like that a lot. Most people got like that sometimes. He looked toward the window then, watching as a gentleman stepped out of a car that was still running on the opposite side of the road. He was impeccably dressed, and the car sped off rather quickly befor the man stepped into a building. He hadn't seen which building, he was too busy looking at the Cadillac. A fine car it was too.

He watched as Ksenia continued to have her pancakes, they certainly did look appetizing. He was going to have to make it a point to return to this place for breakfast one day before he hopped on a plane out of Detroit again. Of course that could be sooner rather than later, it all depended on that man he met the other night.

As he ripped his mind back to the present, he slid a clean napkin across the table, noticing that Ksenia might need another if she wasn't too careful. He raised a hand then to get the attention of the waitress just a few tables away. He simply nodded when she asked if they wanted more coffee, and let her fill both their mugs before he dug into his cake once more. The hot coffee would go well with the chocolate.

Report Post Tip

The waitress took her sweet ole time coming to the table but she really couldn't be to blame. It looked like she was the only one working the front of the house and with all the clientele the bit of a delay was warranted. Approaching the table, with a half full coffee pot in tow, she topped off Raph's and then topped hers off as well before heading off to deal with the next lot.

"Philly you say? Like Philadelphia?" She asked while pushing the half eaten plate of pancakes off the the right. Pancakes were always once of those things, they were quick to fill you up no matter how hungry you actually were.

He nodded to her question.

"I've been through there a few times, it's uh... nice." There was a bit of hesitation within her voice as she had tried to find the right word but only could settle on nice. Really she hadn't spent a lot of time in that city and the time she did spend she spent coked up off her ass. So really she never got a good go about what the city was really like.

"Is that where you are from, Philly? She asked... he opened up the conversation to it, so she was going to fish the best she could. Make sure this guy wasn't up to no good...

Oh now she was talking. It was definitely hunger then. And the fact that he had spilled coffee on her. That was probably a factor. He needed to remind himself he was the bad guy in this situation.

He chuckled a bit at her description of Philadelphia, but nodded all the same.

"Yes it's where I'm from, or close enough at least. Not where I grew up, but I live there now so that's what counts I guess." He took a sip of coffee but smiled. "And for the record, it's a shithole like most of the rest of the country is, but it's the shithole I call home, so there's that I guess. Detroit seems nice enough though. I'll bet you if we spent enough time here though the varnish would wear off just like it has back at home."

He looked into her eyes then. "Speaking of, you said you're not from the city, so where do you call home?" he sipped once more, letting the aroma and the heat take him over from the inside. The clouds might have been hazy, but just about anything could be fixed with a hot drink. Besides, the bill hadn't come yet, and he still had cake. Reminding himself of it, he took another bite while he waited and listened to hear Ksenia's story. Or at least, as much as she was willing to tell him.

Report Post Tip

"Heh" She muttered out, to his comment about Philly and well the rest of the cities in the country. He wasn't really wrong, most of them were kind of shitty. Really it was what it was, you either dealt with it or moved out to the country and who the hell would want to live in the country? The thought of it gave her a subtle shiver. City life was all she knew and it was all she planned on ever knowing.

She should have seen it coming, it was just a matter of time before he started asking her about herself. Though she wasn't really sure she was comfortable with it, he had no reason to actually know that she was now living here. So she was going to just keep on playing the she was not from here card, which wasn't completely a lie.

"Las Vegas, that's where I call home. Lots of sand and generally always hot but there's always something to do. Have you ever been?"

Pulling the cup of coffee up to her, she gave it a soft blow across the top, just giving it and added moment to cool. Though it really did little to nothing but thankfully for her it was already cooled enough to drink. Taking a sip, she made sure to keep her eyes upwards. He seemed pretty safe in this moment but that didn't mean she was going to go lax on the situation.

Raph smiled one of those knowing sort of smiles when she asked if he had ever been to Vegas.

"I can say for certain that I have. It's a fine place to hang out for a while, not the kind of place a man like me is welcome to stay at very long."

He shrugged and took another sip at his coffee.

"Must have been interesting growing up there. I don't know anyone from the place, well other than you now. I can imagine most of the local economy is built on the backs of the entertainment industry. That must make things tough. I mean sure you've still got garbage men and railyard workers, and a mayor and whatnot right? But I'm talking about the kind of jobs you see in other major cities. Philly has a big Dock worker, blue collar kind of reputation. I'd be surprised if you know anyone who ever worked on a dock while you were growing up." He shrugged. "That's the way of it though, deserts don't have much water I hear."

He took another look outside as he spoke, watching as that same well-dressed gentleman stepped out of a grocer, and then, tucking something into his jacket, stepped into a tailor next door. He gave a subtle nod, more to himself than anyone else, someone was doing their rounds and collecting. Detroit worked the same way anywhere else he'd been and it just so happened he'd be in the right place at the right time.

He looked back to Ksenia. "How were the pancakes? You didn't finishe them. Do you want me to get you something else? I have to step up to the counter anyway for a moment."

He placed his fork down on the plate with his half-eaten cake and got ready to stand, only hesitating long enough to let the his impromptu brunch companion answer the question.

Report Post Tip

She waved his request off, there was no need for anything else on her end. The pancakes were good, she just had her fill and she was no longer hungry so they did what they needed to do. Really all she needed to do was finish up this cup of coffee and head out to actually start her day. Though by now, she really forgot what needed done. Sitting there in a daze for a moment, staring aimlessly just past his right shoulder.

"Ksenia?" He questioned

Hearing him use her name, she snapped out of that daze. Blinking her eyes a few times before looking towards him.

"Huh?"

"You want me to get you something else?"

She shook her head before speaking. "Nah, I'm fine... these pancakes did what I needed them to do. It is just a lot, very filling..."

He was about to get out of the booth, she could see him scooting his way out but for some reason decided this was the proper time for her to comment on something that he spoke on just a bit earlier. The whole growing up part back in Las Vegas. It was something she really did know about, that was really were she grew up. Just not where she currently called home.

"Las Vegas revolved around the casinos and the night life that came with it. It uh... did what it needed to in order for us to survive but there were a lot of hungry nights. It wasn't the most ideal conditions living out there, probably the why I am the way I am now. I wasn't going to live that life, I...." She caught herself getting a bit too long winded. He didn't needed to know anything more than that, he didn't need to know the life she got into and what she was living now. So she nipped it quickly in the bud, changing the topic in an instant.

"Come to think of it, can you grab me a fresh cup of coffee?"

Raphael frowned a moment at where Ksenia had begun to take him narratively. She was talking about herself more than about the city of Las Vegas. That much was obvious. The city had never wanted for anything, or struggled to survivve, not with who was backing it and why. No that place would stand the test of time so long as there was anyone willing to launder a lot of money quickly. Still, he listened, and when she cut herself he stood fully, until she asked him for coffee.

"Of course." He put on a quick smile and nodded before heading to the counter. He looked to the server and nodded toward the edge near the kitchen door. It took her a second to come over, but before she could say anything he held up a hand.

"I need a fresh cup of coffee, and I also need to talk to you, or whomever is about to take a nice looking guy in a good suit into the kitchen and give him an envelope."

He kept his voice real low as he watched the color drain from her face. He head whipped towrd the door and she just nodded to Raph. "I normally bring him the envelope. How do..." Raphael cut her off by shaking his head and reaching into his jacket. He pulled out his own brown-paper envelope and placed it on the counter.

"For a small place like this, I'm guessing one thousand is about right. Take it, don't ask questions. If it's too much, squirrel the rest away for next time." He looked up into her eyes then and moved just a little so he could make eye contact. "Could I get that cup of coffee though?"

The server nodded, and faster than he'd seen her move all day, the envelope of his was tucked under the counter and a hot cup of coffee was pressed into his hand, along with a donut. Clearly her way of saying thank you.

He made his way back to the table, putting the cup of coffee in front of Ksenia and the donut on the plate with the cake.

"Free donut if you're interested. I know you said you didn't want anything, but I still have my cake." He smiled and took another bite as he watched the window once more.

Report Post Tip

Waiting for just a moment as he walked by her, Ksenia turned her gaze over her shoulder. Why she did it, she didn't know. Just had this feeling that he wasn't just going to the counter for coffee. Perhaps it was his body language or how he spoke about needing to go up to the counter but there was something in it all that seemed rather suspicious to her. It was a suspicion that was nailed home as she watched him slide an envelope to the lady behind the counter. He did a fairly good job at keeping it on the down low but being in the business she knew what to look for.

Once the transfer happened, she was quick to turn herself back about. Not wanting to tip off anything suspicious on her end but just as she thought, there was more to him than met the eyes. Still she hadn't decided if he was good or bad but there was something there, something that she needed to figure out.

Would she subtly bring it up in conversation? Would she just come out and ask? Either way it needed talked about, cause if he was here conducting business within the city she worked, she needed to know.

Her eyes followed the coffee cup as he slid it in front of her but quickly fixated them onto him with a blank stare upon her face. She watched as he took another bite from his cake and then took his eyes off of her to glance outside.

The place was crowded enough, the chances something bad could happen here was extremely low, so she just came out with it. No hesitation within her voice, just straight and to the point.

"What was that about? You and the lady behind the counter, explain... please..."

Raph looked back toward Ksenia and shrugged. "Guess she just likes me. Can't tell you why she gave me the donut to be honest."

When he noticed that his compatriot wasn't taking his line for a real answer he nodded and leaned in, keeping his voice low. "To be honest, there's some folks on their way around the block. Very simply, I expect them to come in, and take some money from this place in exchange for protection. It's a very normal thing, it's nothing to be alarmed at, happens all the time in almost every city you've ever heard of. Nothing bad happens, it'll be ok. Plus it's crowded in here today so if the guys who came were upset, they would wait until the place was near closing and there were fewer people who could get hurt."

He took a swallow of coffee then and briefly wished he had gotten himself a fresh cup too.

"Anyway, I was just doing my civic duty. Sometimes, places like this? Well, sometimes they have trouble paying, and then bad things do tend to happen. I don't want bad things to happen, so I gave them a little bit to cover expenses in case they were going to fall short. The burger was good, you seemed to like the pancakes, the coffee is hot, and the cake really is to die for. No reason for a place like this to shutter it's doors just because they are falling on hard times like everyone else."

He tapped his fork against the plate for a second and then took another bite of cake to show her he was done talking. He didn't look to the window any longer though. Now, he kepts his focus on her. Either she knew what was going on, or she was worried he was up to no good. Either way he wanted to know, and he couldn't figure that out unless he was paying cloes attention.

Report Post Tip

Sitting there quietly just taking it all in, he was a talker and she was a listener. It must have been something about her demeanor, her smug look upon her face or the narrowed eyebrows towards him that caused him to just keep on talking. Whatever it was, it was working for her and she wasn't going to change her tactics now. Though she really couldn't grasp his motives for it all.

Was he just that nice? Did he just have too much money he didn't know what to do with? Did have ulterior motives? There was something there but what?

"Civic duty huh? Do you just go around to every business and hand them envelopes of cash? Cause if that is the case I either need to know when I can get one of those money trees or what you do in order to make that much. I can tell you, delivery guys don't make enough money to fund an entire cities local businesses. Plus you're from Philadelphia... I'm just not understanding the connection here and to be completely honest with you, it seems rather shady."

She raised the hot coffee in her hand and brought it to her lips. It was rather hot but she drank in anyways, all the while keeping an ever so watchful eye onto him.

"Most people wouldn't even bother asking but I'm not your ordinary person, if you haven't noticed. So please... enlighten me a bit further."

Raphael just shrugged. "I like this place. Simple as that." he took another small bite of cake, and shook his head as he swalloed it. "No I don't just go around handing out cash to every business out there, I'd go broke real quick if I did. I do it once in a while, when I have extra, and I like a place. Like today. I like this place. I'm building a good memory while I'm here, so I want it to still be here next time I'm in town." He sighed and let his fork fall to the plate and he looked off into the distance a moment.

"You ever have that Ksenia? You ever go somewhere and you love the place, and then we you get the chance to go back it's just not even there anymore? Gone." He lowered his eyes then and picked up his cup of coffee, bringing it to his lips and letting the silence settle for longer than was necessary.

"I just don't want to feel that way anymore, so when I find a place I like, I try to keep it around. That's all." He gulped down the rest of his coffee then as the small bell above the door chimed and he watched as the well-dressed gentleman walked to the counter to collect what was due.

"You're right though. I'm not just a delivery guy. I manage delivery guys." With that, he stopped talking and paying attention to her and picked up the newspaper, opening it to cover his face. If the waitress at the counter told the guy where she'd got the money, he'd have to make it a point to either be late on delivery while he staked out the place, or come over to the table directly.

Hopefully the girl at the counter was smarter than that.

Report Post Tip

There was still something that she was missing, there was a piece to the story that just didn't add up. It more so had to do with the correlation with the cash, the job and the means for him being in Detroit. There was no reason a manager of delivery guys would be in Detroit conducting work unless... That's when it hit her, she was thinking about the normal realm of jobs but she needed to think outside the box. She needed to think in terms of the underground. Why she didn't initially beat the hell out of her but once she did it all made some sort of sense. He was here pushing something illegal.

That's when her mind started firing in all different directions. Was he trying to push into Triad territory? Cause if this was the case, she would have to put a stop to that immediately and probably with a bit of force behind it. One good thing she had going for her, from the outside looking in, you would never know that she worked for the triads. A Russian within their ranks was very nontraditional, it just wasn't a thing and then add on top of it that she was a woman. If you didn't know, you wouldn't know. It was the perfect cover. 

She was about to comment on everything but before she could, she watched as he covered his face with the paper. Hiding right in plain sight from the glances of anyone looking in that direction. He was clearly hiding from someone. Turning her head to the right, towards the door. Ksenia watched as a well dressed man walked in and headed right towards the back. From a quick glance, she didn't see who it actually was but probably knew who it was if she had saw them. There was a moment in time that she thought perhaps she should go find out, poke around and maybe be the good person and tell them to move on but that wasn't her fight. Squeezing cash from businesses wasn't her forte... she was into something bigger, something a bit more profitable. So she left it be, instead extending her hand forward towards the paper pulling it from his line of sight.

"There's no need for that, you don't need to hide but I do need to you to keep on explaining this all to me."

She pulled the cup of coffee once more up to her lips, taking another sip before putting it back down onto the table.

"I believe I'm in tune to what you manage but I need to know exactly what you manage. Let's call it a courtesy of knowledge?"

Raphael quirked an eyebrow for a second and then a smirk curled at the edge of his lips. Clearly she knew a lot more than she was letting on, which made her a hell of a lot more interesting than she was a second ago. Here he thought he was just treating some random woman to breakfast, apparently he had stumbled into someone married to someone in the know.

He glanced down to her coffee cup. No ring. Maybe she wasn't married. Maybe she was into something herself. Well now he was going to have to figure that out. Either way, she had asked for some professional courtesy and it would be rude not to give it to her. At least, what she deserved.

"Well Ksenia, considering you're not from Detroit, there's only so much I can really say. I'm not either, but I was approached for a mutually beneficial business venture. I run a dockside in Philly. Goods can come and go from my space without too much hassle from Customs agents. I can get it on a train and get it out here. I'm not stupid enough to try and move in or sell anything in space that doesn't belong to me or my boss. I'm just dumb enough to help out someone who works in Detroit is all."

He shrugged. "As far as this place goes, I was being honest with you. I like it, I want it to be here when I come visit next. If it's still around, and it's under someone else's protection, then it makes for a good meeting spot too. Win-win for everyone as far as I can see."

He watched as the well-dressed man left, stuffing the envelope into his pocket. Raphael folded his paper and put it back down on the table.

"My turn for a professional question. Why do you care so much about Detroit anyway Vegas?" He picked up his coffee cup, and remembered it was empty as he brought it to his lips. Sighing, he held up a hand. "Ya know what? Hold that thought, come up with your answer in a second. I need more coffee." He paused as he stood, turning to look down at Ksenia as she stayed seated. "Unless you think we should go somewhere quieter?"

For once he wasn't asking a pretty girl to go somewhere quiet for any reason other than to talk. To be fair to Raphael it never worked the other way anyway, but now at least he thought there might be a chance they did leave the palce together to go somewhere. There was also a chance she said yes and led him somewhere there were other people waiting. It was a risk he was going to take though. He needed to know more, and you didn't gain without taking a risk.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Sunshyne Cafe
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL