Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:04:57
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ > - >>> ]
The Fairy Tale Started by: Sabrina on Dec 18, '19 16:46

Detroit, the motor city, is well known for having a lot of high-quality bars and restaurants, especially around the wealthier districts. There is, however, a disturbing lack of diversity for the tastes of the right-hand woman of the newly established Wild Hunt crew. All seem to appeal to the same class of people and not only that. They all seem to be pretty similar in the internal design, only being separated by the different sized, but otherwise being bland and playing it safe with an out of the books of the architecture courses designs.

Sabrina took it upon herself to change that up and bring some weirdness, as well as a change in town. After about two months talking with the different architects and them trying to change her mind and telling her, that it won´t be successful she finally found one person who agreed to take the job on and found a change in the landscape of the bars a pleasant idea.

For the majority of the time, the only thing that the citizens and tourists visiting Detroit could see, was nothing but a construction site, but what could it be? It was sure, that it was not a new mall or hotel, as the size of this particular construction was much smaller than the ones of those previously mentioned would be. 

December 18 should be the day of the revealing of this new bar. Initial opening time 7 in the evening. The queue is not too big, and it is not expected to attract a lot of people if it ends up doing so than even better, but no one expects it. But of course, the woman also hired some people to help her out. Most of them are young people, previously being homeless, having received enough money for a makeover, while also being supervised by Sabrina. A new opening and a unique chance for those who could need it. The main bartender who got hired, was, however very experienced in his role. It was crucial to have one experienced member guiding so many young and inexperienced ones. 

Detroit has a big problem with homeless and youths not having a fair chance to finish their schools due to the lack of money, so why not transform it, into a unique opportunity for them instead of ranting about this growing problem while doing nothing? Of course, no one could imagine, that they were once homeless or just came out of school due to the complete makeover provided by the owner of this bar, as well as the working clothes provided. Most are somewhat fantasy inspired.

The men are wearing shirts, that show their shoulders quite well and pretty tight clothing. There is variety, and the employees have a bit of creativity, but the dark colours and nothing too crazy seems to be visible as a dress code. After all, there will be special occasion days where other dress codes will be employed. The women are wearing either clothes resembling those of witches or maids. 

The exterior design already looks quite out of place, with ivy surrounding parts of the building and the building being purple. A colour of mystery, but also royalty. Of course, the goal is to compete with other bars, even if this is not a realistic goal. There is also a big statue of a dragon on the left side of the entrance and a big welcome sign on the right side of the entrance.

As soon as the customers enter the building, they see those outer-worldly looking waiters and waitresses. The bartenders look somewhat normal. However, some of them still dress accordingly to the rest of the group, wearing rings that look like straight out of a fantasy movie and beautiful, shiny and colorful necklaces — still sticking out from all other customers joining in to forget about the outside world while being in here. The bar itself has many different pictures but all being fantasy-themed. Some images have witches on them, the other fairies, dragons, castles, you name it. The bar in itself has a few tables on the ground floor, which has mostly dark blueish painted colours to provide a calming atmosphere, while the first floor has the dance floor and music.

Sabrina is sitting on a table in the back of the ground floor. Not correctly wearing a maid outfit like some others, but she does not just plan to leave those youngsters and her employees alone on this important first day. No, the long black-haired woman instead helps out, and of course, she also shows some collar, shoulders and especially her legs through her dress, after all, sex sells right? Now everyone is waiting for the first customers.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $115,000 Tip

The cold weather was not easy for a transplant from the south, but he had to make do with the hand he was dealt. Still new to the area he was trying to find his way around town. The city was not as nice as some of the other places he had been but it also was not the worst. The homeless population didn't bother him as occasionally he would have to step over a passed out body on the sidewalk. Stepping over bodies was something he was used to. The wind blew briskly forcing him to pull his jacket a little tighter around his body as he trudged down the street. Work had been scarce and making ends meet was becoming more of a chore. He just needed some luck to turn things around. 

After what seemed like hours he finally comes to a stop in front of a new business he had not seen before. "What is this place?" He asked to himself as he looked into the face of a dragon. He had never really been much of a reader but as a child had read his share of fantasy books so a dragon was something he was slightly familiar with. It definitely caught his attention. He leaned forward gazing into the window trying to make out what it looked like inside. He was a bit hesitant to try new things and over cautious to a fault. Yet this new establishment, there was something different about it, he couldn't place his finger on it but something was drawing him to it. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

In the door way stood a tall muscular dark silhouette.  Then a small flash of bright orange light revealed the face of Chris Lucchese as he lit his cigarette.  He looked around the room and spotted a woman sitting at a table in the back.  Her maid outfit was a little strange as if she wasn't wearing it correctly.  He knew the face and the woman was a fire ball yet he exhales a puff of smoke and then walked over toward @ Sabrina.

"Well, well, well look at the business woman.  Hi ya Sabrina."

Chris took a puff from his cigarette then looked around as he sat in a chair next to her as she rolled her eyes and smiled shaking her head.

"Congratz Sabrina.  You look good by the way, I haven't seen you since you tried to run me over with your car a few days ago"

Chris smiled as he thought about her trying to kill him.  Then he saw that she was even looking at his direction as she acted like he wasn't even there.  So he bumped her chair as she gave him a side glance and a smirk.   He knew what to say to get her to say hi to him.

"Sabrina don't make me stand on top of that bar and confess all kinds of naughty things cause I'll do it."

Report Post Tip

And there we go the first customers of the bar are coming in. The very first person to enter should be Andrew, who is part of the same crew, as she is, both being under Sachetto, the classiest Italian bag in all of Detroit. As soon as he enters the bar, he is greeted by one of the waitresses, welcoming him here with a warm smile. It is a blonde, with a black maid outfit, to contrast her own hair color and skin colour. She is also wearing a large necklace, with a kind of wolf on it and very colorful legging. The right leg one is blue, and the right one has a red color. Indeed a particular place, but nice nonetheless, if people can look past the fact that it tries to be different from others.

Andrew entering the location also spoke for the effectiveness of the dragon statue, which was, of course, a coin toss. It would either attract people or chase them away, but then again, it is not meant for everyone. As soon as Andrew enters the place, he is not only met by this waitress but also has the option to sit down on one of the tables, with the menu having some drinks on it as well as some food, having been put on all tables in advance.

Meanwhile, another second customer was also to enter the bar. It was Chris-Lucchese who was not from the city of Detroit, yet he had come to visit her location, and she has seen him on the streets of Detroit, during the daylight before. She chuckles as she reminds that one time, where she didn´t run him over, but barely so and then adds: ''See what does it tell us about the current state of cars? Exactly they need to get faster so that this mistake does not happen again'' she laughs. She rolls her eyes ''now now Mr Lucchese. I did not expect you to come to visit this place. Compared to this fairy place, you would rather be in one of those 40s action or thriller movies, but it is a pleasant surprise nonetheless  but if you feel like entertaining the crowds, please go on and share your naughty secrets'' she claps, laughing

Report Post Tip

Chris starts laughing as he explains to Sabrina that they would be stories about her.  His laughter erupts into a load roaring laughter.   Then he orders a glass of brandy as he looks into her eyes and ask again

How is business?  The first day looks pretty good or am I wrong?  

Report Post Tip

The woman rolls her eyes and looks up to the ceiling her face almost saying like: God why am I stuck with this man even here at this first workday? She listens to what he is saying and then nods before explaining

''You actually came quite early! It just opened up about 2 hours ago, but so far it does look good. I do not expect too many people to visit this place since it is kind of weird compared to the standard, but you know, that is kind of the idea you know? Spice the businesses in this city up. And what made you visit here today? What brought you specifically here? A bit expensive to fly all the way just to see my bar'' she laughs.

Report Post Tip

Chris looks at @ Sabrina and laugh shaking his head.  He knew that she didnt hate him and that her hard to get was truly hard to get.  He watched her and knew that she was someone he needed to conduct business with as she had several men chasing and He was just a so call low level bum.

I came here to support you, I came here to see you but if you want me to go I will however you have to come with me.  And since this is the grand opening you should be like Hey It Chris, Hi Chris, My buddy or My Love or My Sweetie.   You know play nice.  

Report Post Tip

The woman continues to look at him as she is playing with her hair.  She also ordered a glass of apple juice for herself and is waiting for her pasta. The waitress also asks Chris-Lucchese if he wants to order anything or if he wants to have some more time to look over the menu. Sabrina decided to go for the Pasta with small pieces of sausages. She never tried it before so why not give it a go? Maybe it will become a secret favourite who knows.

She smiles as he mentions, that he wanted to support her and of course she appreciates it. Every support is necessary of course, especially on the first day which is often the grand momentum which influences the coming days.
 ''Thank you very much for coming all the way down here to support me. It does mean a lot and I love this place, different from all the ordinary stuff, that gets boring so quick''

Report Post Tip

Chris looked at the waitress then said he would have the same except no apple juice he wanted red wine.  Then he looked at Sabrina and smiled.  As she told him she Appreciated him coming.  

Well I'm honored to be able to get here and provide support.  Besides you have some great ideas and I could used some help developing a few new businesses across this great young country.  

Now tell me what have you been doing with your free time these days or is there very little free time for a underboss these days?

Report Post Tip

The waitress nodded at him and added, that this could, of course, be done. There is no shortage of anything, as the day just began not too long ago. Moreover, they did, of course, account for a bit more, than only the planned number of visitors. So unless the place becomes completely crowded, everyone will have enough.

She also smiles back at Chris-Lucchese and then starts to think about it 
''Depends on your business I guess I can only get creative with things, that interest me hah. But with my free time, well you know, mostly shopping, reading and working out, what about you?''

Report Post Tip

Chris leaned back in his chair watching as she played with her hair.   He smiled as she told him she mostly went shopping.  Chris knew she knew all the great spots for shopping.  

Me I love to lift weights and go for long runs.  But I have to create new streams of income and I own more legitimate businesses thanks to my Cousin.  I have my hands in the movie business and a few dozen unions.  

Report Post Tip

He looked around as he made his way into the establishment. The theme and the decorations were very nice. He'd have to keep this place in mind. He was met by a waitress wearing an unusual ensemble of clothing. "Interesting" he thought to himself as she led him to a table. Taking a seat he glances over the menu and orders a stiff drink to warm his bones from this frigid air.

"Your outfit is interesting to say the least." He mused as he looked up at the waitress. "Not that it is a bad thing. I'm a fan of the color scheme after all." He was rambling again, one of his faults. "Anyway this place is most definitely different, I quite like it. It's a nice change of pace." 

Report Post Tip

The woman continues to play with her hair, as she also continues to pay attention to Chris-Lucchese.  Listening to all, that he is saying while thinking about it ''So you replace, that little time of freedom with more work? Does not sound healthy at all, I have to say for your mental health. Need at least some time to relax as well, or you will eventually sooner or later go crazy due to all the work'' are the words, that she tells him, being completely honest about what she said as well.

On the other side of the tavern, Andrew was having a little chat with the waitress. She cannot help but laugh a bit as he mentions that the outfit is interesting. Indeed, a pleasant comment to hear, as most would find it somewhat weird. She smiles and then says ''Thank you very much, dear gentleman. For being so friendly, you also get whatever first drink on the house!'' knowing the owner would be okay with it due to it being a special occasion on the first day.

Report Post Tip

Chris leaned back in his chair looking up at the ceiling and laughing to himself as she talked about his mental health.  Then he looked at her again.  

" No one ever talked to me about my mental health.  In fact no one ever talked about my health without them or me holding a pistol. "

Chris smiled as he looked into her eyes and he shook his head and looked at the rock on her finger  he didn't know if someone bought it for her or if she got a five finger discount after all she was a high roller.  

"So tell me a few things I could do to relax and enjoy my life to the max?"

Report Post Tip

The woman continues to look at him while being somewhat serious. He can find it funny, but she is serious here. Her facial expressions also convey this seriousness while watching observing him. It does not take long until she replies ''Well you only have one physical and mental health, so of course, you have to take care of it. Money comes and goes, you know, but your health will be gone forever if you don´t take care of it.''

The woman sighs, after giving him a little lecture on his health and to put it as a number one priority before he asks her another question she then raises her eyebrow and takes a deep breath, before continuing ''Sure depends on what helps you to relax. Everyone is different in that aspect, but going for a walk helps and listening to music, meditation while focusing on your breath and breathing in deeply and slowly. Sports, especially slow ones like swimming. Karaoke, you name it'' she smiles

Report Post Tip

A drink on the house? His day was already starting to turn around. He glanced at the menu.

"I'll have a Southside please."

A Southside. A classic drink for the era. Some authentic 1930's drink was what would do the trick. He looks back up at his waitress.

"Miss, you don't have to be formal. Just call me Andrew. I'm still kind of new to this city as well so I'm not too picky about much of anything. 

It was very much true. He did not care for formalities. It's something that has never been a part of his life. He could play the game however when the situation called for it. But for a drink, there was no need to be formal. A bar is a place to unwind and relax right? He constantly had to remind himself it was ok to let loose and take a break. He didn't need to worry about keeping up with the city because the city wouldn't wait for him so why rush? Take everything in and relax. Enjoy the peacefulness while it is available.  

Report Post Tip

The man heard right; the very first drink no matter what he wishes goes on the house for this special occasion. Of course, this means that most customers pick the most expensive thing right away, but not as it matters. More money is expected to come in than t be given out for it anyway.

''A southside? Sure you will have one right away, and it is nice to meet you, Andrew. My name is Tina. I was born and raised here but lived on the streets for a few years. My parents died in a car crash when I was a teenager, and I could not afford anything on my own.'' she says smiling while also maintaining eye contact with Andrew. Him being new to this city is no biggie at all for her. 

Sabrina meanwhile wonders what her crewmember ArthurBishop is doing at this time of the day.

Report Post Tip

Losing parents was rough, something no one should go through, especially at such a young age.

"Well Tina, it's good to meet you. I'm sorry to hear about your parents. No kid should have had to go through that. I never really knew my parents, I was raised by my grandmother for the large part of my life so when she passed it was like losing a parent. That's actually one of the reasons I moved here. I guess I was looking for a fresh start."

He thought back to his childhood. There wasn't much to think about as it was all a blur. Without realizing it life had passed him by much faster than he thought. He had no memories of a happy childhood but yet it didn't upset him. Why was that? Was it because he never had a childhood to begin with so there was nothing to remember? He pushed the thoughts from his mind and focused on his drink. There was no point in dwelling in the past. He was at a nice place, having a nice drink and having a nice conversation. Things were going to be ok.

"So Tina, you said you were born and raised here. Have you ever thought about travelling away from this place?"

Travel. Now that was something he had done a lot of. 

Report Post Tip

Tina continues to look at the man, while Sabrina is having a little conversation with Lucchese who did, however, after some time decides to take a small drink. Sabrina notices Andrew from a bit further away and cannot help but raise her hand to wave at him. Maybe he would also see her, but of course, she does not want to interrupt his little conversation with one of the waitresses here. Tina is one of the younger ones with her 18. The others are at least for the majority a bit older than her. Most are, however, not that much older expect, for the main bartender who also takes a manager role to guide all the youngsters if Sabrina is not there.

''My pleasure to meet you as well Andrew and don´t worry it happens. Has been some years since then, I moved on with my life, nothing I do can change the time back anyway so no point in wishing for the impossible'' she smiles before continuing to listen to him and then also says ''Of course I thought of travelling. The thought of being able to visit different places sounds awesome but unfortunately impossible to do, without any money. Hopefully, the job will change that, I mean the pay is quite nice'' she smiles

Report Post Tip

From the side of his eye Andrew notices movement. He turns his head to notice Sabrina waving to him. With a smile he waves back. It was nice seeing someone from the family. With no real family of his own this was as close as he could get to a family and families support each other so visiting this particular place meant he was able to provide a little support to a person who had helped him get back on his feet in Detroit.  He turns his attention back to Tina.

"Yes, I have been fortunate to travel, though not for the best of reasons but it's definitely eye opening experiencing different places. I'm glad you have a job that pays well though. That goes a long way for sure."

He takes a look around before turning back to Tina

"I don't have a lot at the moment but I'd like to help you. Being able to travel is an excellent goal."

He slides a small stack of hundreds to her

"Consider this a generous tip. I had help starting out so I would like to pay it forward." 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Fairy Tale
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL