Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 01:13:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Who was the Best at the top? Started by: Lothario on Dec 25, '19 03:05

Kirsty, That's true that he seemed to be indestructible until he wasn't, but who killed him though? No one could kill him in game.  

Report Post Tip

Borkers in NY wins hands down - the ultimate delegator

Report Post Tip

@JesseJames

Surprised no one mentioned him. 

Report Post Tip
TheDean retired on his own terms and set up 4 Godfathers in the process.

Disorder, enough said

And from what I’ve been told, Anita was an absolute beast at the top( but that was before my time)
Report Post Tip

@JesseJames

Surprised no one mentioned him. 

Never head of him.

Anita for me was the greatest, the TGG Vs Team Bad guy war was one of the most single minded, determined pieces of warfare I have ever seen on here. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

PumbaWumbaLumba - he ultimately killed himself.  With power comes responsibility, and I think his absolute power and ruthlessness went to his head

Report Post Tip

Friends voting for friends - no surprises here. 

A lot of selective memory. 

Report Post Tip

JackMezzo
Spaceman

Report Post Tip

So i missed the disorder regime,  but based on what I've heard,  saying he was "the best" is heavily arguable.  

From a pure OOC standpoint,  Jack Mezzo, Spaceman, Marietta were all better for the game,  and more interesting to be around for,  then nearly every other person ive seen "at the top"

Report Post Tip

Phillli-stein You are absolutely right, Disorders regime wasn't good for the game, people refused to play the game because of him and what not. It was IRL North Korea up in here.

Overall good for the game or not, He was far superior than anyone else. I heard Roman was up there, don't know much about him, but only Disorder and Roman stick out in terms of reign.  

But strictly a reign that was good for the game, his reign  was probs the worst, Jack mezzo and Spaceman was real good. 

Report Post Tip

The question is who was the best at the top, not necessarily the best for the game. Most strong regimes create strong opposition, which can hurt the game at times. If I had to pick a top five:

1. Roman/Premeir - They ruled for nearly two years, with iron fists. It was a different time to be sure, with higher BG limits and slower gun building times, which certainly contributed to their longevity. There really can be no argument against them as number one, the game was massive at this time compared to now.

2. The Numbers Gang - Despite the trouble they got into at the end, the longevity and grip they had on the game cannot be ignored. I believe they were on top over a year, with several of them reaching godfather more than once in that span. They broke the rules, and most of them are widely disliked, but their prowess on top cannot be ignored in a discussion like this.

3. Disorder - Despite what it did to the game, Disorder's reign on top can not be ignored as one of the best regimes as far as longevity and consolidation of power. It could have gone on longer, had they not crossed the gods similar to the group above.

4. DeadlySin - DS ran the game for over a year I believe, along with Phil_Steak and SammyGarcini. It took the biggest war in the history of the game to bring them down. 

5. Spaceman - Another long run, and I thought about bumping him up because unlike the others, his regime was never accused of wrongdoing or punished by the gods. The streets experienced a revitalization in this regime, and user numbers climbed back up. A regime that was actually good for the game, but in the end their refusal to eliminate known threats before they became cap hitters was their downfall.

Honorable mention - Curtis - Perhaps I should lump this in with Disorder as it was the same man at the top, with similar followings. However I think that would diminish the accomplishment of having multiple regimes this high up. I've never been a fan of the man, but you can't not respect his accomplishments. The man knew how to get on top and stay there. He assisted in the removal of the remnants of group number 2, and then picked up where they left off by gripping the game with an iron fist.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $320,000 Tip

In terms of combining staying power while also managing to build up the community, Marietta & Co. are at the top of my list for successfully balancing both for as long as they did.   

Deimne, DS/PS and SammyGarcini can all rightfully claim a spot on that list as well. 

Report Post Tip

really interesting question.

If by 'best' we mean those who dominated an era and had longevity then I'd definitely be looking at tita and possibly Roman.

For changing the way the game was played, it has to be Mrevilman.

for sheer charisma and fun it'd have to be Shuki as STAE

we all have our favourites but anyone who's made it to the top deserves to be recognised. far too many to mention unfortunatley.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Who was the Best at the top?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL