Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:01:26
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Athena's Cafe Started by: Athena on Jan 01, '20 20:25

As DickGrayson entered Athena’s café, Athena's waitress moved from behind the counter with a pen and her notepad. She was glad the café seemed consistently busy, which made her shift seem to take no time at all. As the man took a seat and looked over his menu, the young lady smiled and moved over to him, opening her notepad.

“Hello and welcome to Athena’s café. How can I help you today sir?”

The young lady asked as she smiled and started to scribble down the order the man decided he wanted.

“Tomato soup, side of fries, and a hot chocolate. “

The lady repeated before nodding with a smile and heading to the back to put in the order. In all honesty, the order took no time at all. The soup was already in a warmer and the chef had heard the order of fries from the window. He had thrown them in the fryer before she had even gotten into the back with the ticket. By the time the young woman had made the hot chocolate, put the soup in a bowl, and put it all on a tray, the chef was putting the fries on a plate and sitting them on the ready table. Once she had grabbed the fries, the young waitress was out the door and heading to the table.

“Here you go, sir. Tomato soup, fries, and a hot chocolate. If I can get you anything else, just give me a wave.”

The young woman said as she set the food down in front of him before taking the tray back with her and heading to the counter to ring up the customer's ticket in case he did not order dessert and he just wanted the bill for his order.

Report Post Tip

Dick was surprised at which the speed of his order came, giving his waitress another warm smile, “Oh, thank you so much my dear! Need a little something to fight off the chill outside.”

Dick blew the steam off the top of his soup before taking a sip from his spoon, “Simply fantastic! Please give my compliments to the chef!”

He wasn’t in any rush what so ever so he took his time with his meal, letting his mind wander a bit in between bites. It had been a long few days and it felt good to finally be able to decompress a little bit. Athena’s cafe was certainly helping with the relaxing part.

Report Post Tip

Nebula wandered through the city, after getting word that one of her younglings had opened up her very own shop. She just had to go and see the shop for which she gave the 'go-ahead' for and taste more of the delicious baked goods that her young Athena made her before opening. 

Whilst walking, the smell of baking filled the air as she got closer. Stopping outside the cafe for a moment, Nebula admired the sign that proudly read 'Athena's Cafe'. She smiled to herself, proud of all Athena had achieved with her cafe so far. 

Walking in, she was greeted with the bustling cafe, lots of people enjoying delicious foods and chatter. She sat herself down in the corner of the cafe just to watch people enjoying themselves and the delicious food. The cafe itself, was beautifully decorated and created a warm and homely atmosphere. 

She waited for Athena to come and take her order, before asking for a cup of tea and one of her fine Chocolate Chip muffins to go with it. Oh, and some cheese sticks. Because nobody can ever resist those. She sat back and signed in happiness at the warm cafe whilst awaiting her tea and food. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The waitress smiled as she received a compliment from DickGrayson and nodded slightly before she went back and talked to the chef. As always, the chef was glad to hear that his food was a hit. Well, it was more or less Athena’s food and he just followed the recipe, but it still felt good. On her way back, the waitress brought over the check and dropped it off so he could get it whenever he was ready. It was then that the young woman saw Nebula, Athena’s crew leader. Like a deer in the headlights, she bustled off to grab Athena. It did not take long for Athena to emerge from the back and head towards the table Nebula had sat at. She made a personal mental note to have that table always reserved for Nebula so she could have quiet, uninterrupted visits.

“Good day Nebula. Welcome to my café. What can I get you?”

Athena asked with a smile before listening to Nebula's order.

“Coming right up.”

Athena said before heading to the back. She threw in the cheese sticks herself along with a few extra ones before going and getting the rest of Nebula's order. Once it was all on a platter, she waited for the cheese sticks to get done before putting them in a basket with a side of marinara. Who didn’t love a good cheesy yet garlicky cheese stick with the refreshing taste of marinara? Once Athena got the order together, she walked out and sat it down on Nebulas table, sitting it all out in front of her before taking the black tray away.

“Here you go. I’ll leave you to it, just holler if you need anything.”

Athena said with a smile before heading back to take the tray to the back. She hoped her boss enjoyed the cheese sticks, they were honestly her favorite guilty pleasure food.

Report Post Tip

Nebula smiled at Athena as she brought her the order she had asked for and was especially appreciative of the extra cheese sticks. They were definitely her favourite. 

She sighed as she slowly ate through them, they were definitely delicious and cooked to perfection. After finishing them, Nebula wiped her mouth with the napkin before sitting back in her chair to drink her tea and reflect about everything that had been happening in Detroit recently. She enjoyed this time away from the hustle and bustle of mobster life to just enjoy a nice cup of tea and watch the world go by and she quietly sat in the corner with her tea. 

She watched as Athena greeted more customers at her busy cafe and as she brought them each order cooked perfectly, and with a smile on her face. She was definitely proud of all she had achieved with her business. 

Upon finishing her tea, Nebula stood up, paid for her tea and food, and added a little extra on top to help Athena on her way and as a thankyou for such good service. Before putting her coat on, and heading back out on the cold streets of Detroit. Before leaving, she gave Athena a quick wave and a smile as a goodbye. 

She would definitely be visiting again very soon, for a little more quiet reflection time. 

Report Post Tip

It had been another long day for Figment who was currently in the process of attempting to create his very own one-man band, but he was having some issue with juggling his drug smuggling operation and learning how to master the foot drum. There was something to be said about working on an empty stomach, mostly that he did not like it. This is why after a few more moments of putting on as many layers of clothes he could manage, he went off into the cold winter's night to his new favorite Cafe, Athena's.

"Hello there, I'll have the hot tea. Surprise me on the kind.", he shouted over to the counter while slowly de-clothing himself by the door until he looked dapper as ever; his second tie may have been pushing it a little and so he unclipped that and threw it into the pile beside him then made his way over to Athena.

"...and I've never had a country fried steak before so I think I'll try that, too."

Taking a seat nearby he waited for his food and drink.

Report Post Tip

Athena left her customers to their meals, greeting those who entered and helping out those who just came in for the coffee and delectable pastries. As Nebula paid for her tea and food, Athena checked her out and offered her back her change. As Nebula turned her down, Athena smiled and nodded.

“Thank you Nebula. Have a great day.”

Athena said as she put the tip in the tip jar and went to clean Nebulas table. It was then Figment walked into the establishment, causing Athena to grin.

“Back for a good meal?”

Athena asked as she smiled, watching Figment peal off a few layers before moving to a table.

“Sure, no problem.”

Athena said happily before moving towards the kitchen to put the food order in herself on a rush order for her good friend. As the food order was put in, Athena stepped to the hot water and made a fresh hot cup of tea, taking it over to Figment and sitting it down before him along with a side of breadsticks for him to snack on.

“Here you go Figment, have an appetizer on me buddy. So how have things been? I’ve been thinking of having an open chair dinner downtown in the community hall so we can invite all of our neighbors for a meal in this time of peace. I was wondering if you would join me in this little conquest of mine and perhaps supply the wine for this event? I feel it would be a success.”

Athena said with a smile, hoping that Figment would agree to come and help her with this dinner and supply some wine. During this time, Athena’s very reliable waitress brought out Figments rushed order and sat it down in front of him before leaving the two to continue their friendly and private conversation in peace.

Report Post Tip

Poking at his steak with the fork he took a bit of it up to his mouth while Athena asked him her question, pondering it for a moment he swallowed the piece of meat and nodded. 

"Sure, I'm always willing to join a party." 

Placing a few of these breadsticks into his jacket pocket, he continued eating his meal and thought about what she had mentioned about the wine and bringing it to the dinner. Would he finally be able to show off his sweet concoction to the world? Smiling to himself, he finished up his meal and stood up to walk over towards Athena.

"I am always willing to help family, especially for free dinner. I can bring plenty of wine, yes."

Placing some money down on the counter as a tip for the waitress, he waited to see what else Athena had to say about the situation and exactly what she had in mind for the event in question. That's when he decided to snack on one of his pocket breadsticks and sipped on the tea that had been given to him.

Report Post Tip

Athena smiled some as Figment agreed to help with the party she was planning for the community. As she glanced at the food that was put before him.

“I’ll let you get to it. I will come over when you get done eating.”

Athena said before heading to the counter. Soon, Athena saw figment moving over to the counter to pay his bill. Once he paid his bill, Athena smiled and moved back over to his table, watching him snack on a breadstick and drink his tea as she took a seat in front of him.

“So, tell me what you think of my idea. I am thinking of a multicourse dinner, first starting with a salad and then bringing on the main course, which would include a roasted pig, some steaks for those who enjoy a meatier meal, a nice cooked salmon, and I was also thinking of spaghetti and maybe a nice fat turkey. I want there to be something for everyone.  For sides, I was thinking the usual coleslaw, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, different veggies, and dinner rolls. Then for dessert, of course, there will be pies and cakes and puddings galore, but I was also thinking of getting some lactose free ice cream for those with dietary restrictions. Oh, and some sugar-free puddings and pies as well! We will have to make sure we can distinguish those from the other ones of course, but I’m sure I can manage something. Oh! Like different colored pie pans and pudding dishes.”

Athena said enthusiastically as she touched a finger to her lower lip, thinking. She could not possibly think of what else she could make for the large dinner. She knew she would be doing all of the cooking and she would possibly need to use the headquarters kitchens, but she felt it would be nice and important for everyone to have a good time during this time of peace.

“What do you think of all this? I think it will be very beneficial and very helpful when it comes to getting everyone’s stomachs full. No one can be angry when they have a full and happy stomach.”

Athena said with a small laugh.

Report Post Tip

It was Miss Baloona's first time getting out of the house in a long time on the day she decided to head down to the main streets. She was starving. All she had in the fridge at home was a bottle of expired milk and half-eaten gouda cheese. She saw the three meat medley displayed on the menu and went to heaven and back. The lady serving her behind the counter was noticeably gorgeous. Luna couldn't contain her smile as she spoke her order.

"Yes, and can I please have a drink of hot chocolate with my order? Thank you so much." 

Report Post Tip

Noah is doing work in DT and parks at this little place Athena's Cafe. He parks and enters walks up to the worker and ask's for a coffee please' He pours Noah a cup and in return he pays him then smiles as Noah exits to a meeting.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Athena had finally retreated to the back after speaking with figment, overhearing her waitress taking Miss Baloona’s order and getting it put in before writing on a cup for the hot chocolate. As she sat it down and put it aside, the waitress nodded and smiled slightly, glancing towards the computer screen.

“Why yes, of course. Have a seat and I’ll bring it out to you once it is done.”

The young waitress said as she smiled. Once she had moved away, the young woman saw Noah, watching him as he approached the counter. She smiled some as he asked for coffee, nodding and quickly pouring him a steaming cup of a fine brew of coffee. Once he paid, she smiled and rang up his order swiftly as he left the fine establishment. Another day, another cup of coffee, Athena liked to say as she was brewing the morning pots of coffee. The waitress had heard it often when she asked Athena if she had anyone at home to go home to. It was always the same response. ‘No, no one at home. There’s always coffee though. Another day, another pot of coffee to be made and another happy customer to take care of. In the end, why would I want to go home to someone I’ll just have to take care of?’ The waitress understood it of course. Athena was an independent woman with strong ties to the community and she loved cooking. There really wasn’t much time for anything else. The waitress, whom no one has asked for her name yet, however thought this made Athena lonely, but she never showed it. Athena took care of everyone like family and that seemed like it was enough for her.

Report Post Tip

Orion carefully dusted his clothes down before entering the cafe. Taking a look around he noticed an open booth by a window, caught the eyes of the waitress, and nodded towards the booth with a questioning look. Seeing her nod he headed over and took his seat and waited for the waitress to approach.

Hi, I'll take tea if you've got it. And tell Athena I'll take the cook's choice. Whatever she thinks I should try. I've heard good things about the place. Thanks, um...what's your name?

Report Post Tip

Athena worked at some new pies in the back while her waitress took care of Orions order. As Orion told her his order, she smiled and nodded, heading back to Athena.

“Athena, a young mobster is out here wanting your special of the day. “

The waitress said as Athena nodded and smiled.

“Sure, throw him on one of our signature burgers with some fries and a piece of pie of his choice.”

Athena said as the waitress nodded and put the order in. After a few minutes, the waitress carried out the food and tea to Orion before speaking.

“Athena said to treat you to some pie. So, tell me, what kind of pie would you like?”

The young waitress asked with a grin as she smiled, waiting for him to tell her the pie he would like to eat on a very lovely evening. It was definitely a good evening for business, the place was certainly hopping with visitors from all over to come and taste Athena's food.

Report Post Tip

Orion sipped the tea with a nod of thanks.

Pecan, if you've got it, would be nice.

There was *pop* somewhere down the street and someone went running.

I'll be back in a moment, I won't let the food go cold. Just gotta make a call. Thank you.

Orion took off out the door towards a nearby phone booth.

Report Post Tip

The waitress smiled and nodded as she moved back towards the pie counter. There were several pies that were sliced and at the ready. She quickly grabbed a piece of the pecan pie and brought it out to Orion. She knew he would be back for the great meal she had delivered to his table, once he finished what he was doing.

“Sure, take your time.”

The young lady said as he left for a brief moment, heading back to the counter herself so she could start tallying up orders to give the customers their tickets so they can pay for their meals. There was definitely no rest for her that day.

Report Post Tip

Business seen to Orion strolled back into the diner and sat down to his meal. Taking a moment to savor the smell of it.

Report Post Tip
Report Post Tip

Noah in and out of meetings stops in  Athena's Cafe,He walks up to the lady working and asked her for a coffee, She pours it for noah in return he smiles as he pays her and walks out to another meeting.

Report Post Tip

Athena smiled as she could hear the bell from the back as men and women made their way in and out. She could hear her waitress printing off slips on the machine. As Athenas waitress handled Noah's order, she smiled and nodded politely. Once he was gone, she dropped off Orions meal ticket. 

"Here you go."

The young woman said as she dropped off the ticket once he was starting to finish up.

"Come on up when you are ready."

She said as she headed to the cash register. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Athena's Cafe
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL