Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 06:40:10
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Late Night Drives Started by: Dominique_Coniglio on Feb 11, '20 10:05

Johnson drove the quiet pair out to Venice Beach. He could hear whispers and soft chuckles and giggles coming from the back seat, but he refused to let what they may be talking about or doing in the back seat distract him from his current job.

Drive, Johnson... Drive the car.

Slowly, he pulled the vehicle onto the sandy parking area of the beach and killed the engine.

"Shall I give you two a momen~" he started, before being interrupted by the sound of the car door opening.

"No, no, Johnson. We'll get out of your hair for a bit," Dom called over the seat as she slid out of the car. "Take your shoes off, Fin. You'll enjoy the sand between your toes and the cool water in your feet!" he exclaimed excitedly as he wrestled his own socks and shoes off.

Once the two were out, barefoot, and turned toward the water, Dom paused.

"Johnson... Have you ever been to L.A., or the beach?"

"No sir."

"Get out of the car, take off your shoes and join us. You're family."

"It's okay sir, I'm~"

"What'd I say about callin' me sir, Johnson?"

"Sorry... It's okay Dominique. I'll stay away on your date."

"Johnson?"

"Aye?"

"Get outta tha fuckin' car and enjoy this night."

"O-... Okay," Johnson resigned and opened his door, slipping the keys to the vehicle into his pocket and removing his socks and shoes. As the three wiggled their toes into the sand, Dom smiled.

"Ahh this brings back memories. Feels nice, right?" He chuckled then, like a child, took off running toward the water with his hands out to his sides.

"COME ON!" he yelled back at them as he ran. "IT'S A HOT DAY SO THA WATER'LL FEEL GREAT!"

It didn't take him long to reach the wet sand, his feet plopping along until he could slow himself to a halt. Quickly tugging the legs of his pants up over his knees, he stepped off into the first waves rolling over shore and yelled happily.

"WOOOOOOO I'VE MISSED THIS SHIT!"

Report Post Tip

For all her sailor soul and despite how deeply she longed for the sea, Fin hated the beach. This beach, anyway. The smoothe, duneless waste of sand wasn't as satisfying for her as it seemed to be for everyone else. It made her miss the cold, slick stone and cliffs and gave an awful kind of homesickness. But, the water was a different story. 

She'd yet to touch the waters here. And being so close stoked the most blissful, burning ache in her soul. No matter where she went, Fin always found that the oceans had their own language, their own memory and secrets. Touching them was like getting to know the soul of a place. So, despite the uncomfortable few meters of sticky sand between her and her love, Fin determinedly knotted her dress above her knees and tiptoed out to the water's edge. The cool waves as they washed over her ankles were like a balm for her spirit... soothing and sweet. But they pulled at her heartstrings with a magnetic drag that was smothering and unbearable. 

The moon was full and breathtakingly beautiful; the bay almost smoothe as glass, reflecting her light back through the swell of high tide. The gentle motion of the waves called to her ceaselessly... like the slow rhythm of her own heart surging saltwater through her veins. It felt as necessary as breathing. She felt like a fish out of water... like she could actually suffocate for lack of seawater in her hair.  

Taking a few steps back, Fin pouted in silent contemplation a few long moments before shaking her head with a soft chuckle. Glancing over her shoulder, she shot Johnson a long, silent 'look' before slipping the straps of her gown down around her shoulders. The silken sheath crumpled to the sand with a susurrant whisper as Fin unstrapped the petite holster that kept her pistol tucked to the small of her back. The moonlight glittering off her alabaster curves, hinting that - save for a thin pair of silken knickers - there was little else to be found under the flowing gown. Laying the loaded holster carefully atop her dress, Fin slipped wordlessly into the water... her pale form disappearing beneath the waves like a silver-skinned selkie. 

The ocean's embrace felt like going home as it swallowed her up. And, were it not for the ever-present thought of Dom waiting on the shore, Fin may have seriously considered simply not coming back. The waves were crisp and surprisingly clear as she dove and swam... immersing herself in the one panacea that had ever truly soothed her soul. 

She was under for an unnervingly long time. Swimming far out into the smoothe waters. The shore was tense and quiet for a long while before both men let out a soft sight, releasing their breath as her glittering curls bobbed back above the surface of the water. She was much farther out than might be expected. And she chuckled at the perplexed expression on Johnson's face as he waited dutifully by the car... the melody of her growing laughter dancing over the water like a siren song. With a content sigh, she rolled onto her back... floating happily in a sea of stars as she stared up at the paling moon. 

That was the part she loved best... how the horizon melted away and all the night became one undulating galaxy of stars on nights when the seas were smoothe. It was the most beautiful thing she knew. Well... save for the dark blue eyes that watched her hungrily from the shoreline. Smirking, she twisted with fluid ease as she swam back toward the shore. 

Her pincurls fell like snakes down her back as she rose from the waves; water slithering down her fit frame in shinning rivulets. The whole of her glistened and shimmered in the moonlight, like some seaborn Gaelic goddess, as she prowled her way back to shore. Chuckling softly at Dom's dumbfounded smirk, she hummed an old folk song softly to herself as she wrung out her hair... like a siren singing the death-song of some hopeless love-drunk sailor. 

Without a word, she gathered her things and slinked around the opposite side of the car; carefully slipping out of her soaked bloomers as she slipped the dress back on. Save for the dampness in her tangled tresses, you could hardly tell she'd taken her little midnight skinnydip. It would just be their little secret. 

Report Post Tip

Dom watched her all the way back to the car. She was brazen, that was certain. He liked that. Finally deciding to move from his spot as a larger wave washed over his calves, he headed back to the car. With sandy feet, he simply tossed his socks and shoes inside and slid in.

"That's a nice form you have there." He gestured toward her before smiling. "I shoulda known you'd be able to swim like that."

Shutting his door after knocking the sand from his feet a bit, he leaned forward and placed a hand on Johnson's shoulder. "Now after that little refreshing treat, let's head for Hollywoodland, hmm? And specifically the sign, Fin asked. Remember that. Take us down town first, just a pass through, then to the sign where we can overlook the city."

Leaning back as Johnson nodded, Dominique smiled at Fin. "Soon as your door's shut, we'll leave."

Fin, taking one final look at the sea, smiled and shut her door.

"To Hollywood, Johnson!"

"On it, Mr. Coniglio."

"What?"

"Um, Dom..."

"That's better."

A bit of silence left them still, until Dominique started laughing. "Well whattaya waitin' for? Let's get movin'!"

Johnson, chuckling softly, nodded and pulled the car away, heading for the L.A. district of the stars!

Report Post Tip

It wasn't so much that she was brazen. Practicality outweighed boldness for her much of the time. 

Noting his grin, she nodded softly, "Aye. Water's more like home than land is most o' tha time. I think this is the longest I've gone without farin' since I left home." With a warm smile, she admitted, "I miss it somethin' awful." Giving one last long, wistful look out at the glassy waves, she pulled the door shut... turning in her seat like a small child to stare longingly at the shore for as long as it was visible. 

They rode a long while in silence before the lights of Hollywood loomed up around them. Dom was quite right when he said the city never sleeps. The streets were brightly lit in comparison to the rest of L.A. And Fin was interested to note that they were NOT the only nice vehicle still cruising the streets in the late evening hours. 

After a fair tour of the streets, Johnson pulled slowly up to the famous hillside sign, parking the car a few yards away to give the bosses some privacy. Fin, taking Dom's hand, led him silently out of the car and up the hill; familiar red dust collecting on her bare feet as she picked her way carefully to the top. 

"Watch where you step," she whispered softly, pointing out a sizeable slab of natural stone that stood away from the other hillside deposits as they crested the plateau behind the sign. 

Report Post Tip

Dominique nodded, carefully stepping around the natural stone grave marker.

"Ya know, I'd say it's strange that there's a grave up here, but we both know you already know who's it is."

He snickered as he gestured at the cuff links in his shirt.

"Thanks again. I both wouldn't have thought to look in the grave, and would have been more than hesitant to disturb my grandfather's rest. However... We might get rid of the rock so no one else knows or thinks ta look."

With a shrug, Dominique bumped Fin with his shoulder playfully and walked forward along the rarely touched trail that ran alongside the Hollwoodland sign. Standing beside the "W", he turned and looked out over the City of Angels.

"It really is a remarkable view... Whattaya think it'll look like in ten ta twenty years? I know it's changed a helluva lot since I was here last. Lot more densely populated in tha valley..." Dom shook his head. "A growing city for sure. And along the horizon? There are a lot more tall buildings than I remember in just ten years. Imagine how much further it's going to stretch..."

He sighed.

Report Post Tip

Fin joined him, looking out over the city. "I think it's gonna be beautiful," she whispered softly, "An' this'll always be tha best view... in my unbiased personal opinion." She chuckled softly. "I was nae sure iffin ye knew, exactly er nae,"  she admitted, glancing back to the chucnk of hillstone she'd rolled over to mark her pervious exploits. "Figured if we were gonna be out this direction anyway, mighta s'well give ye a proper moment." 

Stepping closer than she had been most of the evening, Fin place a hand lightly on his arm, "S'least I could do, all things considered." 

She leaned against one of the towering letters, looking like a proper LA model as she waited in silence for him to have his fill... wherever his eye chose to wander. She'd not rush this part of the evening by any means. 

Report Post Tip

Dominique hardly took his eyes off the cityscape, choosing to look at Fin when he did so. A few cigarettes, some hooch from a flask, and plenty of silence later, he finally pushed away from the sign and walked back toward the stone marker for Gino Coniglio.

"Remind me, I wanna come plant a tree here so ain't no one ever really fucks with tha grave, yeah?" he turned and looked at Fin as he spoke. Her nod made him smile, and he walked over to her. "Le's go. Ain't nothin' else for us here right now. We should go back ta my place and get some coffee, maybe take a swim in tha pool, or perhaps just lay around by tha fire. I can put on some tunes, we can dance, listen to tha late radio broadcasts, do whatever ya like. Or I can teach you that cha cha I meantioned earlier... If you're up for it of course."

He smiled.

"And, there's always tha option a dropping you off at ya room if you'd feel better doing that. It's really up ta you, doll."

Starting down the path toward the car, he walked slowly so she could catch up.

Report Post Tip

Fin blinked, "You have a pool?" The tone of her voice sounded betrayed. Here she'd been dumping her every effort into building his damned club, pining for water like a dying mermaid... and the whole time he had a fucking pool?? "Inside or out?? S'it warm enough ta use?" She prattled off about a million questions as she headed back to the car. Seemed like her mind was made up. 

The night wind was biting as it whipped across the high hill, slicing through the thin fabric of her gown with chilling ease; the chills of her body clearly visible as she slid into the back seat of the car. "Maybe the fire would be a good idea too," she chuckled playfully, "... to light our dances." 

Finleigh caught the split-second look of deer-in-the-headlight surprise as her comment caught Dom off guard. His talk was big, but she knew full well that underneath it was just a dorky kid protecting himself with cocky armour. And she enjoyed reminding him how easily she could find it's chinks... when she really wanted to. 

Winking, she left the open-ended insinuation hanging in the air as she shut the car door with a definitive 'snap'. Did she mean dancing? Or 'dancing'? Was he gonna end up eating his words... or more? The sly smirk on her face told him she wasn't going to clarify. He'd have to figure it out for himself. 

And as Johnson pulled away down the hill, he had the whole ride home for his imagination to run wild... for better or worse. 

Report Post Tip

Quickly recovering, but not forgetting the insinuation, he smirked.

"Outside but, yes, it's heated for year-round usage. I think you'll like it. Or kill me. One or the other." He chuckled, letting her pine over the thought of a pool. He settled into the ride home with a smile on his face. Behind that facade though? His gears turned as his mind raced swift enough that he thought smoke might leak from his ears... If that were possible of course. The rest of the ride was awfully quiet as they merely sat and studied each other.

As Johnson pulled into the driveway and up to the garage, he parked and killed the car.

"Aren't ye gonna pull in tha garage?"

Johnson shook his head at Fin and smiled. "Nah, lass... Boss keeps tha other cars in there. This one isn't tha nicest one 'e got. Tha others be family cars."

Dominique chuckled at Johnson explaining it.

"Those are Bellucci cars in there. This one, is mine. Now I'm, of course, Bellucci blood too. Which explains the house and why those cars are here. I just, those are more for Romano." He shrugged and stepped out of the vehicle, walking to her side and opening the door, the cold wind whipping through the vehicle and cutting through her thin dress. And it was painfully obvious. "C'mon doll. Let's getcha inside an' warm. Remember Johnson..."

"Yeah yeah, scarce. I gotcha Dominique. I'll hang out in tha guest house."

Dominique nodded and tipped his head to the man. "You're a good man Johnson. An' if ya hear Romano pull up, tell him to not disturb us unless it's important."

Johnson nodded and disappeared beyond a gate as Dom turned to look at Fin, who stared up at the large, two-story villa that was Dominique's home. Decked in a Mediterranean style, the home had a serious Italian flare to it, even in it's very modern feel. Leading her through the house, he took her directly to the back where the pool was.

"And this is where you decide to murder me and keep the house for yourself, never leaving the pool and becoming the siren I know you are." He chuckled, an arm over her shoulders. The house broke the wind so it didn't whip around her dress and chill her more, but he could tell the pool called to her.

"It's a fairly deep pool, and only a few obstacles in it while swimming... It's more for soaking and lounging, but there's plenty of room if you want to explore it."

Removing his arm, he slung his jacket from his shoulders and tossed it over a nearby chair. As he walked toward the pool's steps near the small cabana bar, he unbuttoned his shirt. That found itself on another chair he passed. Next, his belt and slacks... Lastly, his briefs. Keeping his back to Fin, he slipped into the water with an audible moan.

"Oh it's nice and warm, doll. Come on if ya's want. Otherwise, we can go inside and relax."

Slipping lower, he turned to her.

"Oh, over there," he pointed off toward an open, covered area. "You'll find towels on the shelves over there. Might want those since it is chilly out tonight. Gonna be real cold once we get outta here." He laughed, then vanished beneath the surface.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fin was deathly silent as he led her from the car to the house. She'd lived in whole villages smaller than this. Her eyes sparkled a bit as she took in the extravagance of it all. She'd known he had "family"... and enough money to at least cover his investments in the bar and  - soon - the restaurant. But the way he acted and talked she'd always assumed that it was hard-earned... that since the war he was largely cut off from family assets. Clearly, that was not the case. At all. 

She chuckled breathlessly as they exited the back to the pool. Part of her really did want to murder him. Not so much to keep it for herself, but because he'd been keeping it all for himself. She remained silently flabberghasted as he headed for the pool; a wordless, whimpering squeak escaping her as he slipped out of his briefs and into the water. 

Shaking her head and muttering softly to herself, she followed his directions and rummaged up three ridiculously fluffy towels before moving back to the water's edge. "This mother fucker..." 

"This ain't a house, ye know," she finally called out half-teasing, "This is a bloody... fockin'... mansion. A god damned castle. I ken ye Tuscan types like ta think o' yerselves as royalty an' all that... but goddamn." Laughing softly, she shook her head as she slipped out of her gown... nothing underneath after her seaside dip. Folding it neatly, she laid it atop the towels and slipped into the water... with an unnameable expression somewhere between miffed, impressed, and overwhelmed. 

The water was as warm as he'd promised and as she melted into it, a bit of her shock seemed to thaw. "Ye been holdin' out on me, Coniglio," she chastized him teasingly, "I can't believe ye've been lettin' me stay in that numptee fuckin' hotel!" Backstroking across the shallows, she huffed, "I mean, hell. With tha siza it, it's nae like we'd even be living tagether. Shit... we could be in tha same house for six fucking' months and na'er see eachother." 

Not looking where she was going, she bumped into him lightly. "Well... unless we're in tha pool, apparently," she giggled gleefully, looking more at ease and more 'herself' than he'd ever seen. It was a good look as she smiled up at the clear night sky, milky stars reflecting back from her mist-blue eyes. 

Report Post Tip

Dominique chuckled as she bumped him, and his arms cradled her back and held her afloat there.

"If only it were my house... It's Bellucci blood, just like tha cars, doll. Not really mine... One day I'll own it, when I can purchase it. For now, they lemme stay here because I'm blood. An' because'a Romano."

Letting his arms drop, he chuckled as she sunk for a split second before resurfacing.

"Didn't think ya really wanted much ta do wit' me before tonight. I mean, I know we's been doin' tha loft shit, an' plannin' for more than that now... But, I wasn't sure you's an' Orlaith were on board, capisce? So I figured, set ya up in tha hotel. That was wit' me hard-earned. This though, you's guys are more than welcome ta come stay, but it means ya signed on wit' me. You'll owe Nonno Bellucci as much as I do." He chuckled.

"And that's a hefty amount..."

Dominique slipped under the water and swam around just a bit before stopping and floating on his back to stare at the stars as well. "They look prettier when I can see their reflection in your eyes. The moon especially, mia bellisima bambola."

He floated, content for the time being, as he looked to the sky. There were so many things he still needed to figure out. He didn't like Bellucci being over his head. It was uncomfortable... But he was in no position to overthrow his blood family. His boss in the Inquisition might help, but that would take convincing. Bellucci didn't really pose a threat to anyone aside from Dominique himself. And as long as the young Coniglio kept his business out of Van Nuys, the Bellucci's and the Inquisition would never even have to cross.

With a sigh, Dominique closed his eyes and simply floated. "Stay if ya like. I'll send Johnson for Orlaith and ya things. There's certainly plenty'a room."

Report Post Tip

Fin snagged him by the wrist as he floated, pulling him upright as she drug him close... his weight easy to manipulate thanks to the water.  "Dom," she chastized him softly, "You an' I are in this together." She gave him a stern but compassionate stare, that familiar clipped clarity stealing into her voice. "You did me a solid by bringing me here... to LA. You just as easily could have backed out, with no obligation at all... left me to fight it out in New York on my own. But you didn't. Our deal was for a cut of a small operation on the Hudson. Nothing more nothing less. And yet, when it fell through... through NO fault of your own... you brought me in on a life that I had no right to. And you've continued to support me through every step of this thing. So as far as I'm concerned, we're in this thing. All the way 100%." She was still holding him at arm's length, as she tended to do with everyone in her life. But as she spoke, she inched closer - one tiny wave at a time - until she could wrap her arms around his neck. 

With nothing but inches of water between them, she was VERY conscious of her bareness... but she pushed through the initial blush to continue her speech, "Whatever you owe... whatever favours you pulled to get us here... That's my debt just as much as yours. And no amount of endentured accounting is going to scare me away. I'll ferry Sicilian's and push product through port for the next 50 years if it helps you level. Capisce?" 

Her breath hitched a little as she snuggled in, finally closing that tiny gap of safe space she always kept, "Yer mean blooded seanair don' sare me none. No matter how mcuh he wants ta charge. I may nae be o' tha right pedigree... but I got damned valuable skills. An' I'm nae afraid ta throw 'em around, iffin it'll move things along. Ya ken?" 

Report Post Tip

Dominique smiled as she stood him up and wrapped her arms around him in the embrace he'd longed for since he'd socked her in the face in New York... She was smooth against him, and his arms slowly raised to wrap around her as well.

"Togetha then, doll." He nodded, placing his head in the nook of her neck and shoulder. "Bring ya arsenal, Fin-girl. We's gonna make some cash on tha burn, pay old Bellucci back an' be done wit'em. Neva much cared fo'em anyway. Tha quicka tha betta." He chuckled as his accent got thicker the more comfortable he got. It was much heavier than he often let on, but he shrugged and forged on. Pushing her back to arm length, he took a good look over her before smiling.

"Why don' you an' me go upstehs an' showa up. Get ready ta relax by da fiyah... An' I'll show ya's that dance we been talkin' 'bout, eh?"

He smirked, winking at her, then swam toward the steps and climbed out, grabbing a towel quickly.

"Jesus! It's colda than a fuckin' snitch out 'ere..." He swiftly wrapped the towel around himself and grabbed Fin's. "C'mon. I'll dry yas." He smiled, but as she climbed he started backing away.

"Or maybes I make ya chase?" he snickered, but stopped and stepped back forward as she paused, obviously fixing to just retreat back into the warm waters.

"I kid, I kid. C'mon doll, le's get inside, get clean, an' get comfy. Got's plenty'a nightwear you's can use."

He wrapped her up as she exited the water, then led her inside and up toward the master bedroom.

Report Post Tip

Fin's nose wrinkled in an endearing grin as he spoke more authentically. She caught fleeting glimpses of it in the lilt of certain words. But it was never more than a sneaking suspicion. Her smirk was obvious as she finally slinked out of the water, "Ye should talk like that more often. I like it. Feels more real. Ye should nae haveta cover up yer roots all o' tha time." She let him towel her off before tucking the plush terry cloth tightly around her figure. 

Reaching for his hand, she followed him inside... blushing slightly as Romano stepped through the front door just as they rounded the corner. Fin giggled softly as the old man rolled his eyes, clearing his throat loudly as Dom neared the stairs. "Mixing business with pleasure, nipote? I would have thought you'd learned better from your father's mistakes."

Report Post Tip

Dom froze in his tracks, turning slowly on his Uncle. "Watch ya tone wit' me, Romano," he growled out softly. "Mio padre's 'mistake', may have very well been tha only reason 'e didn' die like tha rest a my family... Like you's told me 'e did."

His words were harsh and cold, his eyes boring holes into Romano's soul. For as much as Dominique swore they were over it, it was still a sore subject between the two of them. "I've forgiven ya for lyin' ta me, but that don't mean I've forgotten... So don't you's -eva- speak a him in a condescendin' manna aroun' me. Do I make myself clear, bugiardo?"

"Crystal, you ungrateful shit," Romano muttered under his voice.

"Sorry, I couldn' quite unnahstand yas, maybe say whatcha want a little louda, huh?" Dominique took the step back down, but Fin caught his arm and shook her head at him when he looked back at her.

Sighing, he looked at Romano.

"I saids, Crystal clear, boss." Romano glared in Dom's direction, and the young Coniglio huffed, sighing again. Tugging away from Fin, he walked over to Romano and opened his arms.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn'a snapped at yas like that. I know ya only look out for me." He stood a few steps from Romano, arms still wide, so the older man would still have to come to him to offer forgiveness as well as accept it.

"Everythin' ya do, ya do wit' intentions a keepin' me safe. An' for that, I'm thankful."

"Yea yea, kid... An' I shouldn't make comments about ya pops. I know betta. C'mere..." he held his arms out but didn't budge from his spot. Dom, giving the old man that victory, stepped forward and wrapped his arms around his Uncle. Romano, not normally a man for tears, wiped his eyes after they released their embrace.

"I don't think ya understand, kiddo. I didn't mean Jess, before he died. I meant wit'cha moms. An' I dunno what we'd do if ya knocked up a... Ya know." He looked at Fin. "No offense, dame..." Dom sighed. "Romano, we been through this. I don't care about tha purity a blood. An' neitha should you. Now. Fugeddabout it. If Fin pops, just means we got anotha Coniglio. An' I guarantee she an' I planned it if it happens." He grinned mischievously before looking over his shoulder at Fin, her eyes wide like she'd not signed up for babies. However, catching Dom mouth the 'I'm sorry! Don't run, please!' at her before turning back around, she waited. Even if everything in her said -RUN!-

Looking back at Romano, he chuckled. "But I really doubt kids be on eitha our minds right now. If it happens, then it was meant ta be an' we planned it out, capisce? I ain' goin' in half-cocked like my pops. Also, I'm sorry for thinkin' ya meant Jess... But really, don' worry about it." He patted Romano's shoulder, and nodded.

"Anyways, how'd tha job go?"

"Smooth as silk, kiddo. Smooth as silk. He'll get tha message in tha mornin'." Dominique nodded again. "Perfect. Means I can let Fin in on what happened." He chuckled.

Romano paused and tilted his head to the side. "Ya ain't tol'er yet?"

"Nah, why?"

Romano started laughing. "Maybe ya ain' as bad as ya dad was about spillin' tha deal. Sorry, Dom. Go an' have ya good night." Looking at Fin over Dom's shoulder, Romano lowered his head. "Sorry to you to, Fin. I shouldn't assume. Ya done nothin' but prove you're good stock."

Dom smacked him on the back of the head. "Respect, Zio. She ain't stock."

"You're right, sorry... You're good people, Fin. An' I been blind to it cause I'm scared 'e's gonna do tha same thing 'is pops did. But I shoulda known tha kids even smarter than 'is old man." Romano chuckled and ruffled Dom's hair.

"Now get outta 'ere you two. Have fun. I'ma hit tha sheets."

Romano turned and left the foyer, leaving Dom to sigh and turn to Fin. Walking over, he apologized...

"Sorry doll. Ya shouldn'a had ta see that. An' Romano needs ta be more careful wit' 'is talk... 'E means well an' all, but I ain' tha same little kid 'e's gotta watch ova, ya know?" ​​​​​​​He chuckled, and reached for her hand...

Report Post Tip

Fin's eyes went wide, but not for the reasons he thought. That doe-eyed look was in response to the men's conversation about Dom's mother rather than anything said about her personally. Smiling softly, she took Dom's hand, but paused before following up the stairs. 

"Naz?" her voice carried across the tile floor easily. "Yeah, doll?" Romano stopped in his tracks and Fin smiled softly at the old man. "Just so ye know, I don' need, want, or expect ye ta apologize fer speakin' yer truth. I know what I am. And I know exactly what it means ta yer people. But I'm here anyway, despite o' it because I'm on board fer this family. However that ends up looking. Capisce? So... long as ye respect me one on one, jest say what needs ta be said. No hard feelin's. Ya ken?"

Romano softened a bit and nodded. Fin, still holding Dom's hand at the bottom stair, held her free hand out to him. And... MUCH to Dom's surprise, the old man actually met her at the stairs. Hugging his neck, she kissed his cheek, drawing a light chuckle from his lips. "Sleep well," she patted his shoulder before finally turning to follow Dominique up the stairs. 

She was quiet in thought for a moment as they hurried up the tall staircase. Finally breaking the silence as they crested the final step into the hallway. "And you," she tugged at Dom's hand, "Firstly, I ain't running anywhere. An' secondly, ye really don' have ta bump heads wit' yer people all the time... at least not over me. I'm a big girl. I can handle it... if an' when it needs ta be handled." Slinking up close, she wrapped her arm around his waist and tugged him close... that was twice now. 

"So," she gestured at the long hallway of closed doors, "Which one's 'yours'? Looks like a fuckin' hotel!" Her bawdy laughter danced down the hall as she eyed the vaulted ceiling and fine decor. "...fuckin' fancy ass..." 

Report Post Tip

Surprised at Romano's acceptance, he shook his head. Fin had a way of bringing out the best in people. That was a good trait. He chuckled as they spoke at the top of the stairs, and chuckled even harder at her 'fuckin' fancy ass' comment.

"Yea, yea, doll. I heard that plenty before. Some things I just inherit from my pops." He shrugged. "Anyway, it's this way."

He led her down the hall and then turned and pushed the door open in one of the inner rooms. There were two balcony windows, a corner fire place, a side table and chair, and a large, four poster bed with night stands on either side. Around the corner, a small hallway led to a private bath and walk in closet. Smirking at Fin as they entered, he made his way directly to the fireplace to get it started.

"Some semblance a what ya had in mind, doll?"

Fiddling with the flue for a bit, he finally got it to open with a satisfied sigh. "There we go, now we can light this and enjoy the warmth."

It took him a moment, but he eventually had the fire started. Standing, he looked at Fin. "Everything okay?"

Report Post Tip

Fin blinked, utterly dumbfounded. Was it like what she'd imagined... no. Yes? Not before they pulled into the driveway! Was she okay? She didn't even know. On one hand, she was fucking bonnie just for being well cared for and in such a lavish home. On another hand, she was completely and entirely unprepared for the slew of unexpected revelations the night seemed to launch. 

In all her life, despite her best efforts, she'd had few opportunities open to her. Between her heritage and her lifestyle, there was just so much that simply wasn't an option... so much that simply couldn't even be a consideration. And in a single month, culminating in this single night, all of that turned on its head. The sheer weight of possibility suddenly seemed overwhelming. 

"I... um...," she stammered helplessly, "Yeah. I'm fine." Shaking her head, she moved away from those thoughts as much as she could, choosing to simply marinate in the moment. Whatever came tomorrow... that was tomorrow. Tonight, she was here... with an adorable Italian who deserved her full attention. 

Smiling sheepishly, she paced the room. One finger wordlessly traced the gold inlay of the headboard and shyly tested the smoothe silk of his sheets. As she peeked through the suite, her hands trailed hesitantly over the fine hardwood of the furniture and polished marble countertops... lightly petting the heavy damask curtains and posh upholstery before sliding along the alabaster mantle of the fireplace. 

She was quiet, simply taking it all in. She looked like a child who'd never seen riches... in wonder and awe that things like this could exist. And as Dom watched her, a slowly dawning realization sank into the pit of his stomach. Maybe she was. ... not in the sense that such things existed at all, but that they could exist for her in anything more than a pipe dream fantasy. 

As he watched her interact with his world, he slowly came to understand that... in all likelihood... she'd only ever seen a home like his from a distance. When she said it was a castle, to her it probably was. Like a faintly remembered stone fortress on sea-tossed cliffs that she fought for but could never approach. 

As the veil of fascination lifted from her, Fin blushed, shaking her damp blonde waves with a bashful smile. "I'm sorry," she whispered softly, pulling her hands sharply away from the mantle. "It's very nice," she finally conceded, looking down at her hands as if they were sticky or dirty. "Not what I originally expected of ye, but..." she turned to glance around the room, "It is what one migh' expect from lookin' up at tha place." Shrugging softly, she moved over to him... suddenly at arm's length again. "So," she poked his ribs playfully, "Ye bring lasses up here often, hm?" Of course, she knew he didn't... at least not anymore. But her humour was a deflection, just like his cocky charm. And he'd see RIGHT through it. 

Report Post Tip

Chuckling as she poked at him, he smiled weakly at her.

"Oh ya know, bout as often as ya been here." He shrugged and turned away, moving to one of the windows and pushing it open to make the balcony it was and stepping out onto it.

"These windows are prolly one'a my favorite things about this place, ya know?" He looked back at Fin and watched her. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry ya had ta live tha way ya did... Wish I coulda opened this world to ya earlier." He sighed, reaching back and snagging some smokes and a zippo off of a nearby table. As the light washed across the zippo, she'd catch hint of an engraving, but it was just to far to make out the custom rabbit and curved Coniglio over it that he palmed as he flicked the flint to life. Puffing two cigarettes to life, he flicked the zippo closed and set it on the table, holding one of the cigarettes out to her.

"C'mon. Enjoy tha view. Land slopes down behind tha house an' you can see tha ocean from here, an' it's a clear night so tha moon washes tha waves perfectly."

He turned away from her, allowing her to move herself closer again. He knew this life was a lot for her to take in. She'd seen his place back in New York, it wasn't extravagant at all. In fact, it was almost poor... But coming home, she found him to be a prince playing scoundrel... That was hard for anyone to accept.

Exhaling a plume of smoke over his head, he leaned down and placed his arms on the railing created by the window. The wind whipped around his shirtless torso, chilling him slightly, but the towel wrapped around him kept his lower half at least relatively safe from it's biting touch.

Report Post Tip

Fin flipped the lighter as she snuck up to the balcony, smiling with a soft snerk as she traced the outline of the rabbit. Unfolding her towel, she stepped behind him, resting her cheek against his shoulder as she hugged him close. Tugging the soft fabric tightly around both of them, Fin wrapped her arms around his chest as and reached for the cigarette he'd offered. 

"You don't have ta apologize, L... Dom. I'm nae ashamed ta have done fer meself as well as I did. It migh' nae be much, but I survived. An' that's sayin' somethin'." Exhaling a plume of smoke over his shoulder, she hesitantly kissed the skin there... a shy, testing peck that left a warm spot where her lips grazed his skin. "An' like I said in tha pool. Ye were under no obligation ta bring me on at all. So... what is it you told Romano? 'Fuggeddabout it'?" She chuckled teasingly, her softness bouncing along with the sound. "I'll adjust," she assured him, giving him a squeeze, "S'just a lot to take in. An' not just tha house or tha money. There's... options. Ya ken? Things I never thought I'd even be able to dream about. It's... scary in a way... an' thrillin'. But mostly, right now, it's just... a lot. So... um.... thank you." She kissed him again as she tiptoed up to look over his shoulder. 

The Italian was by no means tall... and yet Fin was so endearingly small that he could easily feel tall in comparison. Pulling herself up, she rested her chin over his shoulder as she looked out over the ocean. Silent for a long few moments, she just admired the view... pausing every once in a while for a puff off her stogie. 

After a while, she whispered his name softly into his ear. "Dom..." her voice tickled the hair on the back of his neck, "Can I ask you a question?"

She nuzzled him tenderly, not waiting for an answer, "All this... don' really seem quite like ye. Er... at least not tha 'you' that I know... er thought I knew? So... jest so's we're all clear here... what... exactly are ye aiming for? In life... an' this thing o' ours... and... with... all that?" She couldn't quite bring herself to say 'with me', but his answer would shed enough light on that to move forward. 

Squeezing him as if she thought he might run away, she assured him, "I'm in. I jest... I need ta know what it IS that I'm in for. ... make sure we're on tha same page... an' all that. Cuz... if I jump in with tha wrong idea here... it could... it would be bad fer me. Ya ken?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Late Night Drives
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL