Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:47:00
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Future for the Seven Cities Started by: Javier on Mar 02, '20 14:46

Less than a day ago, the five remaining members of the Godfather Council (Paradox, Bellegarde, Pollo, Hulk_Smash, and myself) met to discuss the future for vacant districts and the world at large. It is our belief that, through cooperation, we can achieve far more than through bloodshed. This was the intention of the original council but was subverted by the conflicting interests of its two deceased former members.

Protection Orders

Due to incidents following the issuing of protection orders, the council decided to resume the practice of posting protection orders publicly in the Streets. Each council member agreed that, if posted by a council member or a designated surrogate, all protection orders would be respected in every city. Only those who seek to harm those around them would have their protection voided before the selected time.

It is also encouraged that, even in the absence of a specific protection order, tagged unsponsored former members of dead crew leaders be given time to find homes unless the shooting is specifically authorized by a crew leader.

Paradise

After the unfortunate demise of Insanity, Bellegarde will choose who will fill the vacant district.

Los Angeles (Downtown, Pasadena, and Hollywood)

The removal of QueenFrostine left a large vacancy in the West Coast. The Council has decided to extend its protection to all Los Angeles inhabitants and endow each district with a mission to better our world as we see it.

• In Hollywood, a crew leader will be authorized to set up that will fill our Streets and Business Districts. They are encouraged to print newspapers, tell their stories, and showcase our world to the very deepest depth of detail. This crew leader will be formally protected and financed by the Godfather Council and will remain head of Hollywood until the Council revokes this mission or until they are no longer able to fulfill their duties.
  • In Pasadena, a crew leader will be authorized to set up that will guide and educate the newest among us about the ways of our world. Those fresh off the boat will be encouraged to seek out the Pasadena district head if their primary aim is to improve their knowledge of what we do. After receiving that guidance, they will be free to relocate to another city as an associate or remain in Pasadena as a Made Man to further the mission we've established here.
  • In Downtown, a crew leader will be authorized to monitor the goings-on of the other two districts and report their progress to the Godfather council. They will be the city's protector and leader and embody the will of the council in Los Angeles.

As previously stated, each of these positions come with the full assurance of protection by the Godfather council. These positions have been created in order to contribute to a larger vision for this world's future and will not be party to any politics or conflicts that may arise in the months to follow.

If you believe you are a worthy candidate for the positions in Hollywood or Pasadena, please contact your nearest Godfather Council member and explain in detail why you would be a good selection. These selections will be made quickly, so do not wait if you want to be considered.

Detroit

The council discussed in detail what would best suit the Motor City. Unlike Los Angeles, Detroit will operate as a full-fledged city in its own right with no formal mission or protection from the Godfather Council. The council agreed that moving established crewleaders into Detroit could effectively cleave some cities in half, as well as leave other districts empty, and has therefore chosen to authorize new crew leaders in the city.

The council has not yet agreed on who will be taking the positions in Bricktown or Corktown, but candidates are being discussed and will be published in the next few days. Lyric will maintain control of the 12th Street district.

Previous Meeting

The first meeting concluded with an agreement that JohnnyBohannon would issue a public statement on the agreements and conclusions of the council. Following his death, we navigated his HQ in search of the unfinished notes so that we might publish them in his absence but found only crude drawings in crayon of what appeared to be Johnny wearing a crown, surrounded by the bloodied bodies of the six other council members dead on the ground. It is believed that these were the "notes" he was taking, and therefore we needed to discuss the matters of the first meeting a second time in order to make them public.

First, the council agreed to an end to purging. If a person's death is demanded by anyone outside their crew or city, it must be the result of a severe transgression on their part, not the sirens of paranoia.

Second, the council agreed that associates are entitled to a single transfer from the original crew they join before they become a Made Man. This is to allow newer individuals to better understand who they want to work for before they take the plunge of earning their button. Exceptions can be made for RHM and LHM positions or if explicitly authorized by the council.

Third, the council is willing to adjudicate matters throughout the seven cities. If you have a complaint to lodge, please bring it to your nearest council member and they will present the complaint on your behalf. Any imbalances of power that may exist in the world currently will not stand to enable dishonorable or disrespectful behavior by members of the larger or more powerful cities. This includes the cities that are yet to be populated with crews.

Conclusion

This council is cooperating in a meaningful way, and I believe that will become clear in the weeks and months to come. If you have any questions or concerns about how this world is being run, you are free to voice them now.

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $820,000 Tip

Desmond smiles as he listes to Javier speak and himself steps forward to speak "Javier can i just thank you again for bringing this out into the streets as a good leader and city head should, Furthermore i think the plan for LA is exceptional I personally cannot wait to see how it pans out and I wish any impending candidates the best of luck in this new and interesting direction this thing of ours is going".

Desmond nods not Javier and steps back into the crowd to wait and hear everyone elses thoughts on the matter.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

EdSheeran listens closely 

In Pasadena, a crew leader will be authorized to set up that will guide and educate the newest among us about the ways of our world. Those fresh off the boat will be encouraged to seek out the Pasadena district head if their primary aim is to improve their knowledge of what we do. After receiving that guidance, they will be free to relocate to another city as an associate or remain in Pasadena as a Made Man to further the mission we've established here.

This right here could be the best thing that has come to this world of our and I fully support this! 

Report Post Tip

Drake listens to Javier and claps as the speech ends.

"I'm happy to hear this information and I'm supportive of the council's decisions. I'm excited to see what the future holds!"

Report Post Tip

Just as everyone else had been, BudKnight had been anxiously awaiting what the future of the seven cities would be. His leader Javier and King Revan were great leaders so he knew that things would work out. The other leaders around the country had shown that they could lead and bring a strong presence to the streets in recent days as well. The countries criminal element seemed to be in good hands...

As he listened to the information that Javier was supplying about Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Detroit he could feel some hope and excitement for the future. Las Vegas being handled by Bellegarde seemed right with him being already in charge there. It never felt right when assumed city heads had crews forced into their cities by others. Detroit was a different situation entirely and having established crews go there to work with the already established 12th Street crew sounded like it would be promising.

Los Angeles sounded the most interesting and what Bud himself wanted to comment on...

”It is insanely refreshing to see a new idea be applied to an empty city. Not just your normal expansion or possible failure of a competition city. Although I think that Philadelphia is now one of the few to clearly exceed expectations and results. The concepts here are quite interesting. A crew focused somewhat on a newspaper, a crew being a place for newer monsters to learn, and one to oversee its success...and I cannot wait to see the results.” He smiled as he spoke with hope.

”I have had some ancestors work on newspapers in the past, but I’m not sure I’d be the Knight for the job. So I hope that anyone who does apply for that position takes it seriously and puts in some solid effort. A good newspaper would be fantastic for these streets to have once again. I am most interested to see what sort of results a crew focused on ‘criminal education’ will have. Thank you all again for the clarity of the future here in the seven cities. As always you have been a refreshing crew leader here in the Kingdom of Philadelphia.” Before leaving he handed Javier a nice six pack of bud light and went on his way.

Report Post Tip

Gary smiles after listening to Javier's speech. Thinking to himself this is exactly what is needed he walks up to shake Javier's hand.

Javier, what a wonderful speech. I could not be happier with what the council has spoken about and taken the first steps into putting into practice. These are new ideas that will help bring back some of the best of the Old World. 

I've long been a defender of how things used to be but I am not ignorant to think that we can just go back. What you and the council have done is give us a chance to step into where we should be. The past few years have seemingly put us on pause randomly when it comes to growth here and I think that as long as the council continues to push these ideas we will be in a much better spot than we have in a long time. 

Additionally I'd commend you all on your clear and thought out manner in distributing this information. Selfishly I love the idea of an entire district building the communication routes. I think it adds another piece to the puzzle that you guys are putting together for our world right now. Let's keep this train moving in the right direction and continue to get everyone informed and on the same page! War is bad for business but we seem to be on the other side of the negativity.

Report Post Tip

Paradox steps out into the street gaining the attention of all the lovely people. 

"Hello everyone. It has been brought up that a little clarification is needed on the status of Detroit and it's protection.

Detroit

The council discussed in detail what would best suit the Motor City. Unlike Los Angeles, Detroit will operate as a full-fledged city in its own right with no formal mission or protection from the Godfather Council. The council agreed that moving established crewleaders into Detroit could effectively cleave some cities in half, as well as leave other districts empty, and has therefore chosen to authorize new crew leaders in the city.

The council has not yet agreed on who will be taking the positions in Bricktown or Corktown, but candidates are being discussed and will be published in the next few days. Lyric will maintain control of the 12th Street district.

What was meant is that Detroit is a full functioning city with a city head that will be on the council whereas Los Angeles has two districts dedicated to bettering our criminal operations in some way. Los Angeles is under the protection of the council  meaning no outside interference or murdering will take place and we will invest in it's success. When a selection has been made for the leader spot in Bricktown, it will then be ran as all the other cities are, with their own operations and a council representative. With that being said, at the present time 12th street is under our protection and is operating as an extension of us until that time. Thank you for your time and if there are any questions or any further clarification needed any of the 5 of us would gladly help."

Report Post Tip

MissNiki was for the first time in a long time, excited about what the future would bring to the mafia world. The last few years had been hard for the average mobster, and although, there were a few good leaders, some of the previous Councils left much to be desired. She felt that this new group of leaders would go far in restoring some of the ways of the old, and teaching the younger generation the old school way of doing things. Perhaps a new kind of mafia was being born before their very eyes, combining the old with the new. This was exciting times to be a mobster and she made sure her glock was shined up and ready go.

Report Post Tip

Seems like a very well organised and thought through agenda. This leaves a promising impression on the shape the future might take. I look forward to seeing this council's collaborative efforts. 

With regards to LA; For the creative types among us, who I believe you're appealing to, there is more to chew on if the roles are not in set silo's. Personally, I would find more opportunity to operate across all the outlined purposes across both districts. Maybe Hollywood should produce some form of publication, however there are methods and concepts that could be used to get the most out of the all the other purposes. The districts could share those methods and really draw on the potential present and turn this project into something quite significant. 

Perhaps I'm just thinking out loud. As I understand the central district will be coordinating the activity between the two districts, so this is entirely something which can be discussed and agreed between them. It sounds like the purpose of this endeavor is to better the community as a whole, so there is no jostle for power or race to strength. Just time and resources to focus on people.

Bravo!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Fantastic work done by the council!!!

very refreshing maybe now we can really have a long period of peace where we all profit.

Thank you all

Sammy took a half step forward to help him stand out from the crowd, before clearing his throat and getting ready to add his bit. He'd read journals of past Godfather Councils setting up initiatives, with one of his old ancestors, with whom he shared a name, having a seat at one for what sounded like an age.

"I must say, this is one of the greatest ideas I've ever heard about, read or witnessed. I love the idea of Los Angeles being a 'community' city. I have read many pieces that had been left to me by past ancestors, including the old newspapers, and when I arrived on these shores, I was shocked to see that they had disappeared. That, along with the state that ninety percent of this looked to be in. I had heard of our world thriving, and I was having a hard time believing the journals were true."

He straightens up his jacket, brushing both sides down to remove the little dust that had accumulated recently.

"If what you have said here today comes to fruition, I can imagine myself adding pages to those journals for future generations to read about. Who knows, these may one day be referred to as the days where we got back to our roots, and started acting with a little more respect and transparency, like I hear we used to.

"Kudos."

Report Post Tip

LillisMolly stood there and nods his head after hearing the good speech, bot that he agreed 100% to all but things hopefully would go a good way and he agreed to it and hoped it would be a good turn and show the way to make good things in all cities this time, hope he not would see any more sad things happen as in last war. Enough were enough and now we all looks forward.

Report Post Tip

Finally a group of people that know their arses from their elbows and want to make these cities GREAT AGAIN.

In my native land there are rumours flying around of a united Europe. It's just not good for GREAT BRITAIN to be sharing her power with these morons. This speech does show that a people from a single country can work wonderfully well together. Let this be a lesson.

The ideas for Los Angeles are indeed a wonderful step forward and I can think of no-one better than Grin the Sixth to step forward and help the new people to our shores learn the way of manipulating the truth through propaganda and hear say. He definitely deserves a chance there.

As for Detroit and it's clarification. We are greatly looking forward to working closely with the council appointed Godfather Chairman in waiting to ensure that it is as prosperous as the other cities. As much as we are disappointed not to be able to go it alone we understand the need for good relationships and we hope my political links alongside Lyrics leadership will see a flourishing Detroit that is fully ready to employ the old school values that seem so lost. We thank you for the clarification made and would like to stress we are fully supportive of everything to have come from the Council meeting.

Great report. Great ideas. GREAT BRITAIN!

And remember. Out Means Out.

I was just wondering myself will the applicants be shared to the public or privately and what would the application process be like if i may ask? also can we put a name forward for someone who we think would be a good suit for said roles?

I cannot wait to see how this pans out honestly and best of luck to the people who are brave enough to put their names forward best of luck to you all.

Report Post Tip

It is very interesting plan for Los Angeles and something at least I didn't see before. I mean not long ago Philly was experiment city but again Los Angeles here is something different. I am looking forward to see it up and running.

Drunky staggers into the scene, looking like he was trying to touch his right ear to his left big toe.  He straightened himself up for about 4 mouthfuls of his favorite moonshine to straighten his mind before looking at his old friend Javier.

"I want to commend you and the rest of the council for taking action in forming our syndicate.  It looks like the council is working well together and truly trying to make things enjoyable for everyone.  By chance - might you have some rum??"

Drunky finishes off what his left in his flask and goes off to the local speakeasy to keep the good times rolling.

Report Post Tip

What has happened with this thing of ours?

ParaprosdokianIan loudly asks, before shaking his head in clear disgust, after he had just noticed what was happening after being away from the Streets for quite a while.

He resumed his comment by adding
Not even that long ago.. This dear mafia world we all are entangled in.. was a self-centered and ruthless gathering of illicit, immoral, senseless, scandalous crooks, who were exploring possibilities for illegal and vicious methods to control the dusk or even dark side of society.

Yet, what do we see here now?

Ian could not help having to take a small break after loudly questioning the current situation. He turned his head and spat out a lump of the mucous substance that had arisen in his mouth, caused by what in his eyes was the nauseating behavior of the actors of the scene he was witnessing.

So I ask you once again.. What do we see here now?!

To be sure he would not look bad in tomorrow's newspapers, in case a future Hollywood gangster would be around with a photo camera, he wiped off the saliva from the corners of his mouth, using the sleeve of his tweed jacket.

Raising his fist now, he continued
We are witnessing a deplorable scene here! And personally, I could not care less about how well-thought over this idea is. Neither do I care about how great the plan is. Nor about how constructive it may prove to be.

But.. Fellow criminals..!
ParaprosdokianIan paused, hoping to create some dramatic effect, whilst his clenched fist was still up in the air

Surely... Surely you must all agree with me that it's entirely against our beloved mafia culture to all agree with the plans that a currently empowered leader has just rolled out?!

Report Post Tip

ParaprosdokianIan, do you have something against this world? This life? This is the only reason I can fathom that you would be against an initiative to develop new mobsters to this world and our own culture. Longevity is in all of our interests, and outside of individual crew leaders working to an unspoken rule to nurture and train those fresh off the boat, I don't recall there being a program dedicated to it. What could we achieve through it? Who knows?

I might be able to converse with you about this better if you made your grievances clearer, though?

Report Post Tip

Ian looks at TommyMezzo as he speaks and is surprised by the questions that are addressed to him. He raises an eyebrow and replies

Well, Tommy.. Maybe you misunderstood what I said, because I did not use a proper paraprosdokian. I apologize if that's the case. Yet I feel that thorougly explaining what I mean would undermine the initial speech I gave.

For a moment, Ian thinks about clarifying the true meaning of his speech, but he opts for being silent instead.

Report Post Tip

Don Pollo seems a bit late, but the message is well distributed into the streets.
he lights a cigar, hoping these decisions will impact the game in a positive way.

Well spoken! Consigliere Javier

Just a small piece of the sun was visible at that moment through the breaking clouds

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Future for the Seven Cities
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL