Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:20
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Smokey Row Coffee Shop Started by: Katerina on Mar 21, '20 21:28

Walking down the street in Detroit, you see a small shop nestled among the other businesses.  The red brick building is slightly hidden, you just happen to notice Coffee Shop written on the door.  You peer into the large glass window and see familiar mafioso drinking coffee and chatting.  A few huddled in the corners discussing private business, some half asleep.  A handful are awake and almost jittery, making you wonder what is in the coffee.  This is a great place to relax after a night at the local bar, wake up before that meeting with the boss, or just enjoy a good cup of coffee.  As you enter the shop, the smell of fresh cookies invades your senses.

A wraparound counter sits directly in front of you, Kat standing behind it making fresh coffee.  A display case with various pastries, cakes, and pies sits at the end, and a large menu above the counter.  Taking a look around, you see multiple booths lining the shop, each with a fresh vase of flowers and a paper menu.  The shop has everything you could want as far as baked goods, from doughnuts and croissants, to cookies and cakes.  A variety of coffee drinks are available, ranging from basic coffee to fancy cappuccino.  If you need a little extra kick, Kat is known to hide a flask of whiskey under the counter. 

Kat looks up and smiles as you decide where to sit.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

With a full day ahead of him, Brian looked around for a place to get his morning coffee.  He could have just gotten the shitty cup from the little machine in his hotel room but he like to support the local businesses when he was out of town. 
just a short walk from his hotel Brian stumbled upon the Smokey Row Coffee Shop.  He made his way in the front door and saw an attractive young lady at the counter.

Just a black coffee please.

Brian paused for a second and sheepishly grinned at the woman....

Better give me a little “kick” in that black coffee.  

Report Post Tip

Zoro has just arrived in Detroit and was keen to get his legs moving. He hated long flights, and the fact that his flight from New York was filled with turbulence and constant interruptions meant that he was not able to get the much-needed rest that he was looking for. Swinging his briefcase by the side and pushing his moss-green hair back, Zoro took a moment to take a deep breath of fresh air before hailing for a cab. 

The yellow cab stopped him a few streets off his designated drop off point. Working in Wicked has been adventurous, but he was assigned to help Pauly build up his HQ, and thus running some menial tasks for his new boss that are usually done by the younger and less experienced crew members. He found himself dragging his foot. Letting out a big yawn, he rubbed his eyes using his free hand and tried to stretch awkwardly at the sidewalk. He gained a few stares from the locals, but he could not care less. After a few seconds trying to wake his sleepy and lethargic body, his eyes caught the sign of a coffee shop. Perhaps caffeine was what he needed. 

Zoro opened the door and was greeted by a chorus of good mornings. Returning the greetings, he stood behind a man who was already making his order and quickly surveyed the menu, hoping that he can also catch a quick bite to accompany his coffee. The in front of him finally moved to a seat, and Zoro smiled at the pretty lady manning the counter before he made his order. 

"A latte - Venti, and also two croissants. Make them to go please."

Zoro handed the cash to the lady and waved at her, indicating to keep the change. He moved out of the line for the next person to make their order, and went closer to the large windows to watch the streets - watching the locals start their day in the beautiful city of Detroit. 

Report Post Tip

Keith made his way up the street, taking a breather form the long hustle. He spots a coffee shop. He decides to slide in for a quick cup and some kickback time. He enters and takes a look around the coffee shop before he approaches the counter. 

"can I get a coffee black, and could I smoke my weed in here?"

He says as he takes a seat at the wrap around counter. The day was long, and he needed to relax. His buddy Jeb was meeting him there so they could talk some business, plus he had a small proposition for Keith he could not turn down. He waits for the response from the person behind the counter. 

Report Post Tip

Casanova was a beautiful, smart, wonderful, sophisticated, brash, hunk of a man with many different rippling muscles in all of the right places. Yet the one thing that he didn't have in his life? Coffee. Which is what he decided to rectify by going to the Smokey Row Coffee Shop and ordering some of the drink.

"One fine coffee, please. Make it a triple. Triple coffee."

Sitting down he waited to be served. Being handsome took such a toll on him, and so he sighed a sexy sigh before looking down at the table and thinking about what he would do after his drink... the sky was the limit for such a man. Such a rugged, awesome, perfect kind of man. That type of man you just always wanted to be or be with. Damn. So groovy.

"Sigh... I really hope I get my coffee..." longingly looking up towards the barista he finished his sentence, "...soon."

Report Post Tip

Colin was pretty exhausted and trying to remember how to get back to his new appartment. He had spent the entire night being yelled at by Vim for "fucking up the whole session" at the recording studio and at this point just wanted some sleep.

He hadn't been in America for very long let alone Detroit... but Vim_Fuego had taken off to America. Kept insisting he was gonna make it big with or without the rest of the band. Vim was afteral the star of the band, his voice was pretty incredible... nearly as good as Colin's bass. Nearly. So when Colin heard Vim actually was having success in America, he jumped on the first boat and found him. He was far from familiar with the area though. 

As Colin was aimlessly trying to find either Vim's HQ or his little appartment, either would work really... he noticed a sign that read 'coffee'.

"Hmm coffee. That's kinda like American tea right..?" Colin wondered out loud to nobody in perticular. 

He walked over and slapped his forehead against the shop window to look inside. 

"Hey, she looks familiar. She was with Vim yesterday. Maybe she knows where I live?!" Colin yelled as he noticed a familiar blonde lady sipping on a hot beverage. 

He rushed into the shop and straight up to her table. When he got there though he realized that he didn't have a clue what her name was...

"Urmm, hello... Diana?"

Report Post Tip

Talia was peacefully enjoying her alone time, with a cup of coffee in her hand. She was holding it while it sat on the table, wasn't planning on taking a sip from the already half empty mug but was just holding it. Her attention was rather fixated on a couple bickering outside the shop. They were across the street so she wasn't able to decipher a word they were saying but it was an interesting interaction.

The hand motions and gestures alone were enough to signify it was wasn't a happy interaction. It was quite entertaining, who knew she'd be able to enjoy a show with her perfectly brewed coffee.

After a few minutes, the couple seemed to simmer their emotions down. Figuring the show was over, Talia picked the mug off the table and brought it to her lips. Her eyes still glaring upwards and outside, just in case something were to happen again. Of course it was just as she took a sip, that something ridiculous happened and no it wasn't from the couple across the street. 

Rather something or someone a bit more interesting.

It was one of those British guys, one of her new bosses band members. He was so lost, did one of those where am I twirls on the sidewalk before taking a gander at the building in front of him. She could see him squinting his eyes as he looked at the lettering on the window. She wasn't sure if he was just that hard of seeing or if it was the sun but he had some serious squinty eyes going on.

Then out of nowhere he slapped his head onto the glass, it was a rather loud thud causing the rest of the patrons to give him a look over. It was like a train wreck, she couldn't keep her eyes off of him. A bad choice on her part as his squinty eyes locked onto hers for a brief moment. A look that she quickly broke.

There was no way he knew who she was, they had only crossed paths for a mere couple seconds but oh was she wrong. She watched as he speedily made his way into the coffee shop and directly to her table.

"Urmm, hello... Diana?" He spoke.

It caused her to slowly glare up at him. He clearly had no clue what her name was but in the same aspect she had the slightest idea what his was. So she just rolled with it.

"Oh hi, Chadwick?" Talia said with a smile. "What brings you here?"

Report Post Tip

Colin was releived when she didn't correct him. He was fairly pleased with himself that he got her name right... considering he was pretty sure he never actually knew it. Brilliant guess in his opinion. He smiled to himself with confidence as he pulled out the other chair at her table and sat down before correcting her.

"No Diana, my name is Colin. I was wondering though... do you know where I live?"

Colin took a minute to look over the menu while he waited for a response from Diana. 

"Hmm no lager... I wonder if I could get some whiskey with a little bit of tea added to wake me up. I'll have to go ask. I'll be right back Diana."

Colin headed up to the counter and was thrilled when he was able to get his whiskey and tea mix. There seemed to be a lot of tea but that was okay at the moment... he was after all really tired. He headed back over to the table and sat back down with his drink.

"Sorry about that where were we... oh right... do you know where I live?"

Report Post Tip

The fact that he was rather quick to correct her, kind of signified to her that he didn't get it. It was ok though, the less people that knew her name at this point was probably for the better.

Already seated across from her, Talia being her smart ass self said the first thing that came to her head.

"Why don't you have a seat and join me, Chad.... I mean Colleen... It was Colleen, right?"

Now he had one of those odd British accents, you know the one. Where you aren't exactly sure what they are saying but you are more hoping that you think you heard the correct thing. With not much more of a thought of it, Talia took another small sip from her cup. The contents now were almost gone and the coffee was rather cool. It was either time for a new cup or for her to find a way out of here.

With the company she had, the latter was probably not a possibility. He didn't even bat an eye to her comment, so it must have been Colleen... Either that or he didn't care enough to correct her, he was quite focused on the menu and the fact they had no lager.

She was gonna comment on the fact a coffee house doesn't serve lager but before she could he excused him and went up to the front. He was back and seated across from her once again before she was even able to wave the barista for another round herself. 

"Sorry about that where were we... oh right... do you know where I live?" He asked.

It was a rather odd question to ask someone you didn't really know, especially someone that you couldn't even name correctly but once again Talia went with it.

"Yeah of course, you live in that brick building right?"

Most all the buildings in Detroit were brick... so she probably wasn't wrong. Though she was interested to see how this conversation was gonna pan out.

Report Post Tip

"Oh thank god. Yes the brick one! See umm, Vim hooked me up with the place yesterday. He said there was no way he was sleeping under the same roof as me because he'd end up... oh what was it again 'drink til he died' I think? I think it was really just his way of being nice because he was so excited I finally found him. America is pretty big ya know. Wasn't easy to track him down. Anywho long story short... I havent slept since I got here because I can't remember where the place was. Can you show me? I'll remember next time, I am really smart."

Colin took a sip from his tea and looked back up to see a rather confused expression on Diana's face. She didn't respond; so to break up the awkward silence he continued.

"So uh how long have you lived here in Detroit Diana? You must know the city well if you know where my appartment is. Oh maybe you live in the same place... does your presence make Vim want drink himself to death too?"

Report Post Tip

Talia vaguely listened as he spoke, her eyes glanced past him at the same couple who came back to streets for round two it seemed. It was a more heated exchange this time around as the woman began throwing full powered haymakers at the guy. The exchange didn’t last too long, the end resulted in the man running down the street and out of sight. 

It was that moment he finished talking, the last thing she heard was smart. Doing the only logical thing she could think of she nodded her head and half smiled. Not realizing she agreed to help with finding his apartment, oh that was an adventure she was gonna regret later... 

There was a brief awkward silence moment, one that she used to finish off the contents in her mug. 

He began speaking again... she listened and listened until he stopped. 

”Lived here my entire life and I’m pretty sure we don’t live in the same building. At least I hope not.” She spoke the last bit of that softly hoping he didn’t hear her completely. 

She was about to continue when the barista came by to deliver Talia another coffee. 

”Here’s round two Talia.” 

”Thank you!” 

Talia turned her attentions back to Colleen.

”So... you in town long?”

Report Post Tip

As The Macho Man Randy Savage was walking his usual beat around Detroit, he noticed a small coffee shop with a great aroma coming from within. He stopped and looked into the window spotting some delicious looking pastries on display. He gave a shrug and laughed to himself, he had nothing much going on today, so why not take a load off and indulge himself. He stepped into the shop and noticed some familiar faces. Colin_Grigson and TaliaGalanti were sitting and enjoying themselves. Randy walked over to them and tipped his hat.

"Well fancy seeing you both here, mind if I join you for some coffee. I recognize you both, but don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting. My name is The Macho Man Randy Savage."

He smiled hoping he was not interrupting them.

Report Post Tip

Colin couldn't beleive his luck. What were the chances this complete stranger knew where is new appartment was? She was even willing to show him how to get there which was great. Such a kind lady. He finished his tea and then realized Diana was actually speaking again.

”So... you in town long?” She asked.

"Well uh, I think so? Unless we go on tour or something. Vim has made Bad News kind of a big deal here in Detroit though so I'd imagine I'll be here for a while. We did break up the band at one point, hopefully that wont happen again. I was a banker for a while but that was no fun."

Just then another familiar face appeared at the table.

"Well fancy seeing you both here, mind if I join you for some coffee. I recognize you both, but don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting. My name is The Macho Man Randy Savage." Said Randy.

Colin reached across the table to shake Randy's hand.

"Hello Randy! Nice to meet you. I am Colin... was a bit lost and bumped into Diana here. Thankfully she seems to know the way back to my new home. How's your day going?"

Report Post Tip

Talia watched as the man approached the table, seems her quiet afternoon was a distant thing of the past now. She might as well just commit to it all and see how this plays out. 

Being social wasn’t one of her best attributes but it was something she was able to bear and grin it through. 

”Sure, have a seat.”

She directed her gaze to one of the empty seats. An offer that he graciously took. 

Talia was about to speak but Colleen was quick to jump the gun. Turning her head ever so slightly to him as he spoke, she listened intently. It was the first time during the entirely of their meeting she put full attention onto him. 

”Hey wait... is it Colleen or Colin? I swear with that accent of yours I can’t tel the difference?”

Turning his gaze towards her with his “tea” in hand he blurted out his name again. 

“Colin”

”Oh... ok... so it is Colleen? Weird name for a dude but ok.” With a shrug of her shoulder, Talia directed her attention back to the new guy.

”Randy, right?” 

He have her a simple nod.

”Depending who you ask, depends on who I am.” 

Report Post Tip

Danny was usually a go-getter when he went into a new town and wanted to make a name for himself.  No more.  There’s no respect among mobsters these days.  They don’t understand business.  He decided to just sit back and watch the carnage from a local coffee shop.

I’ll have a black coffee, please.

Danny got his coffee and sat down in a corner booth with just his Java, his newspaper, and his thoughts.

Report Post Tip

The place was getting busy, she could barely keep up.  Luckily, most of them just wanted coffee, which made it easier.  She fills a tray with the various orders, her special black coffee for Brian_Odonnell and a plain coffee for Keith_Edward_Elam.  She drops both off at their tables, nodding to Keith that he can smoke in here, hurrying back to the counter.  She sees Casanova walk in, her eyes glued to him.  Staring a little too long, someone comes to the counter asking for something.  Casanova would have to be served last, so she could spend more time ogling him.  She starts the latte machine and grabs a couple of croissants, putting them in a to go bag.  She slides them towards Zoro. 

She served Colin_Grigson and TaliaGalanti, setting their order down with a smile, not wanting to interrupt the conversation.  Colin seemed a little confused, and maybe drunk, which was the norm for most around the HQ.  Living with Vim was basically a party every night.  She saw MachoMan sit down with the two.  Casanova was looking impatient, she was getting to him.  She grabbed a coffee for Danny_Greene.  He was reading the paper, so she just set it on his table.

Finally getting to Casanova, she stopped at his table.  He had ordered something, but she was too busy staring at him, and didn't hear it.  After repeating himself a few times, she got it.  She slid his triple coffee towards him moments later, and just stood at his table smiling.  After and awkwardly long time of staring, she wandered back to the counter, almost running into a customer while she was still watching Casanova. 

Report Post Tip

There wasn't a lot of time left in the day and he was feeling a bit tired and maybe even under the weather, which is when he decided that he would check out the new Coffee Shop in Detroit. It was ran by Katerina who seemed to be making her way up in this wild world of ours and would most likely be too busy to even take his order.

"I need something that will hit me hard. With lots of cream. Maybe an espresso with multiple pumps, if you would be so kind to indulge me."

It would be perfect, he thought to himself while waiting to be served.

Report Post Tip

Giovanni was all worked up, he had just joined a Crew in motor city, him of all people, his father and his father before him had been Windy City mobsters. But after the great war things was very different and his cousin, Zia-Trabotti had called him to Detroit to work with her in Farages crew. He was hoping this could bring some good times his and Zias way.

Going pondering all this he saw a Coffee shop, mocca was just what he needed.

Entering the place he went to the counter and ordered an Americano.

Do you have a croissant also?? could use something to dip in that coffee. 

Report Post Tip

Stepping into the Smokey Row Coffee Shop he looked around frantically as if something was direly wrong, but not wanting to bring too much attention towards himself he tried to calm down a little. Pressing his toes down against his shoes hard in an attempt to stop overthinking, it was all for nothing, the thoughts just kept forcing their way inside; he owed a lot of money to the wrong person and they had told him to meet him here. It did not sound like a friendly offer.

"Where is he..."

Sisyphus could only hope that this being such a well lit establishment with plenty of other people filtering inside and out would lend him some sort of protection. That's when he noticed the man sitting on one of the corner sections of the shop, wearing a very inconspicuous outfit to the point where he almost didn't even catch it at first.

"So, you wanted to, uh, see me?"

He had shuffled his way slowly over to the table before speaking those words, which almost were unable to escape from his mouth. Yet the man seemed to be slouched over a little and wasn't responding, was this some sort of tactic of his? Could he be building up the pressure so that Sisyphus would act out of sorts? No, this was something different. Something was wrong. The man slumped even further until he was on the floor, this couldn't have been normal.

"Well, fuck."

The loan shark was dead, but how? and what would he do now? Attempting to fight back the fears, he gathered himself and walked over to the person who was at the front of the business; Katerina. He had heard of her to the point where he was running some cons out of her outfit as an associate, which was exactly why he picked this place in the first place. Surely she'd know what to do. So when he finally reached the counter, he placed a few dollars on the table and then pointed over towards the dead body on the floor.

"Hey, so, uh, I didn't do it... but I think you have a problem here. Also, can I get a coffee?"

Report Post Tip

It had been a long few days for G_J, his body was still rather stiff from all the bed rest yet with exercise and walking...he knew eventually it would go in time, and he still had a lot of weight to gain, he still had the bony limbs and face, so ensured to wear a large jacket to portray the fact he was in fact perfectly healthy and very much alive..

G_J arrived at the Smokey Row - he walked through the ever so familiar gates..it was the first time he was out publicly...

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Smokey Row Coffee Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL