Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 13:56:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Container Crew Members - Where are you going? Started by: Grin-07 on Apr 02, '20 13:58

For anyone with a crew who is wanting to send their members to my crew to acquaint themselves with the people who have found temporary refuge under me, they are more than welcome to.

If you are wanting to set up one of your members in my crew to be one of my hands, I'll save you a mail and tell you the answer is no.

Report Post Tip

I have sponsors in the crews of everyone but Ezekiel, which we have already spoken about with a view to adding another.

This was me asking people where they were going and asking if we could provide them what they wanted. 

Thank you for your thoughts. I won't be replying here further and would hope all container crew members find homes in the coming days and weeks. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Who will be permanent in Vegas once the temp crews are empty and dissolved?

Will it become an empty shell for those damn criminals from Delaware and elsewhere that the seven cities unite to get rid of?

Yes the families in Vegas were set up as temporary crews, but many people seem to come out here to say they feel comfortable where they are. Why are you making them move if their comfort is your concern?

Sometimes being flexible with your plans is the best route so be flexible.

That said this may the time to let the leaders of the container crews decide if they want to stay in Vegas and become a permanent Vegas crew. Therefore giving the once homeless they housed a choice also of staying in Vegas or moving to another city.

Report Post Tip

Coral, allow me to elucidate if I may. The Container Crews in LV were chosen by the Gods, they were not chosen or approved by the powers that be, those who make the decisions, and are in fact well above my pay grade, for that reason alone I doubt any of them will be allowed to remain in power, leaders tend to select those they trust to be CLs, not some random schlub who has thus far not proven their worth. Look at all the experimental cities, and how they ended? Usually with their CLs gunned down and their HQs razed to the ground. That being said, perhaps there are Auths amongst those in LV whom the CLs will be happy to allow to remain in power, there might be those who can persuade those in power to allow them to remain. Also, is no one going to address the issue that God literally appeared in the streets and addressed the populace? No doubt there will be a whole host of religious fanatics and cults springing up on this very site in the weeks to come.

Report Post Tip

I know who chose the container crews.

I also see here in my family journal that container crews in the past have indeed become permanent for the good of the people. yes, this was because someone  or someones trusted them. This just goes to show that it has been done.  So I know my questions are not as out there as you are trying to portray.

According what you said or as I interpret it: the comfort of the citizens of the seven cities is over ruled by the comfort of the leaders. And that is a sad  typical government mentality.

Report Post Tip

Upon hearing someone spout off the words, "no arguing or calling anyone out" Viviana had to chuckle at that because she only spoke in reply to being called out herself by the one who started this speech.  Viviana glanced around to see who was even 'arguing' in the first place amidst her having a conversation with Grin-07 since he decided to get her attention....first.  Shrugging, she wasn't sure who was arguing or whatnot, but some people on these shores will never get a grasp on reality it seems as she made her way to the one of importance around these shores.  

Thank you Squishy for coming out here to contribute your wise words to this discussion.  I just didn't understand the need to be called out here to the streets to ask where my Husband and myself would like to settle down when there was already contact made prior to our temporary housing.  IF there was still an offer on the table of permanent housing in Chicago, neither of us are aware of it prior to the comment Grin-07 made here before disappearing from his own speech.  

Even still no word has come of said offer, but Blathers has been most gracious keeping us safeguarded until we find a permanent residence.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I’ve been listening to the ongoing debate with a big interest. Some valid, and some less valid points have been raised I must say.

Coral, you state that:

«According what you said or as I interpret it: the comfort of the citizens of the seven cities is over ruled by the comfort of the leaders. And that is a sad typical government mentality.»

Let me just correct that right away. I do not believe it to be the intention of the current organized crime leaders to control, intervene or in any way affect the comfort of the citizens all around the country. They do however expect to have full control of those that choose to enter into a life of crime. That is after all where they make their profits.

You might feel that’s unfair, but I mean, choosing to live a life of crime often means you will face an other mentality than amongst ordinary civilians.
Report Post Tip

Coral, I never once suggested that your questions are out there, and in fact if you had paid more attention to what i said instead of what you thought I said you would have realised that I myself stated that the possibility of one or more being allowed to remain was not impossible. However, one other thing that you did bring up I would like to address, "the comfort of the citizens of the seven cities is over ruled by the comfort of the leaders. And that is a sad typical government mentality." Of course the comfort of the CLs outweighs that of the members. No CL is going to allow an enemy or potential enemy to flourish just because it makes someone else comfortable. You are in a catch 22 situation. You are not in Chicago, you are in LV. As long as you remain with a CL in LV, then why would the Chicago leadership give a damn about your comfort? Why would any of the city heads give a damn about your comfort if you would rather remain in LV? However, if you were to move to LA or NY or any of the other Cities, then I'm sure that the leader you decided to join would be very interested in your comfort, although of course you may not be as comfortable as you were back in LV. Also, we are not the Government, you cannot just use your Vote to kick us out of office after 4 or 5 years if you are not happy with your representation, you need to remove us through force of arms, so of course, the powers that be would far rather have people they trust running LV than someone they had no hand in selecting. Nothing sad about it, its just the facts of life. There is no Democracy here, its Meritocratic Dictatorship, where the talented rise to the top, and through force of arms they maintain that power. If you don't see that, then perhaps the life of crime is not for you.

Report Post Tip

_____I_____  I was addressing the Earner called Goldust who is not currently apart of upper structure. I was not addressing anyone in control off the scenario we are all in at the moment. That was a direct comment to Goldust.   

The only response I have left for anyone who wishes to address me on this matter is this quote from

And again I have seen in my family journals in the past yes container crews have become permanent. Like I said in my comment beforehand, where I  previously mentioned these journal entries. yes, this was because someone  or someones trusted them. This just goes to show that it has been done. 

"It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong."

This is my point above all else.

I happy to see that  representatives from other cities are starting to reach out to the temporary crews and their members. But you are re in such a rush to put people in perm housing you  are forgetting what happens when you  move all temp housing out of LV?

empty City, npc invasion potentially. 

and they in charge right now  keep making temp authorizations for what people to move again? like refugees.

I just think they are rushing it is all.

Report Post Tip

Just waiting on my invite from you Grin-07. I see you are housing my future husband CommissarKuku and it'd be nice to be reunited with him. 

Report Post Tip

Delicate - I'm already married.  But I am nonetheless flattered.

Report Post Tip

CommissarKuku, last month in Vegas you weren't wearing a wedding ring and didn't mention anything about a wife. But now, all of a sudden, when it's CONVENIENT for you one supposedly exists. I won't be fooled so easily. One day we'll be together. 

Looks at Grin-07

Report Post Tip
The good Commish is married to the streets I believe. Much like I’m married to the buffet bar, and Grin is married to the bin out back. We’re all tied down to something and can’t be shared. As unfortunate as it sounds, I’m sure you could marry the guy down the street who keeps screaming about being a werewolf.
Report Post Tip

Delicate, it wasn't me in Las Vegas, I promise you.  I can't leave my home city, because almost everyone in this society wants to kill me.

Do you want to be a Professional Widow?

Report Post Tip

It must have been one of those shape-shifting werewolves and elves. Fool me once, shame on you. 

Delicate smiles

I appreciate the clarification CommissarKuku. Now I can correctly pursue you. 

Report Post Tip

Delicate - you are much better at this life than I am...  That makes me feel like less of a man.

Report Post Tip
I for one can’t wait to see the wedding ceremony that will no doubt be broadcasted here in the streets. Delicate, good luck on your pursuit .
Report Post Tip

If the wedding does happen, I hope that you'll see fit to send me an invite.  I can bring a photographer with me.  He's very talented.  

Report Post Tip

But you are re in such a rush to put people in perm housing you  are forgetting what happens when you  move all temp housing out of LV?

empty City, npc invasion potentially. 

and they in charge right now  keep making temp authorizations for what people to move again? like refugees.

I just think they are rushing it is all.

Thank you for your concern, Coral . I just wanted to quickly address this point so as to put your mind at ease.

Firstly we will not allow an NPC invasion in to Las Vegas on the normal timescale which causes NPC families to arrive on these shores. 

The reason we have set up a few temporary families fairly quickly is both to give people an option to move in to established cities and to prevent the arrival of NPC families in to districts outside of Paradise. Of course if some residents of container crews would like to wait a few days for permanent crews to take the place of temporary ones that is completely understandable. That said, in most cases where we do have temporary crews they have the future permanent crew leaders in the upper structure and the transition between the two should be a smooth one.

I hope people in container crews will take the time they need, talk to the representatives that are being sent over in greater and greater numbers, and decide on the family that is the best for them. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip
Those in container crews are normally there because either they don't know or like the leadership options and are awaiting for someone they deem better.

There will of course be the minority that are there purely because the recruitment options offered were only for the the container crews; which is fundamentally why they exist.

These are the people who should, imo, be seeking employment elsewhere. I noticed Squishy made out that the onus is on leaders/sponsors to reach out to these people, I think this seriously ignores the fact many people they'd be contacting aren't in the slightest bit interested in hearing from them.

The onus has always been on the recruit to find work, not the employer to hunt down the recruit. Why is that changing now?? Are we losing recruits due to the old methods?
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $110,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Container Crew Members - Where are you going?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL