Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:59:19
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Chalk and Cheese Started by: Chalk on Apr 21, '20 15:36

Chalk sat in the Head Quarters, twiddling his thumbs. "What to do, what to do." He thought to himself. Life had gotten a bit stagnant recently, and he needed something to occupy his mind.

He'd always liked the idea of owning a business in Detroit, but could never think of a unique establishment. The typical bar had been done to death, he couldn't just open another one of those around town, the competition would be too fierce, and he wouldn't make any money.

A few more days passed, and he remembered something someone had said to him, in regards to the unfortunate birth name his mother had given him, and it was settled. It just sort of clicked, and felt right. Cheese!

He made his way down to the local business district, scouting around for a premises that would fulfil his needs. "Too small", "Too pokey", "Too expensive", he said to himself as he passed a few that were up for sale. Then he found it. Unassuming, but with character. Not a corner plot, or in the middle of the street, but perfect in it's own way. He placed a deposit, and got word of his bid being accepted.

A few months later, the place was renovated. Yellow and black decor all over. Diagonally striped walls, black tables, yellow seats. Both walls were lined with booths, with a couple of free standing tables down the centre, and finally the counter at the back.

He envisioned the place to be a sort of store, with a difference. All your cheese needs could be met here. Whether you needed some to take home, or wanted a hot bite to eat, everything was right at your fingertips.

There was a cold display case on one side of the counter, displaying all the freshest cheeses, as well as a menu on the back wall detailing the hot, and cold, snacks that were on offer to any customers.

Chalk stood looking out into his new place, finally finished, and ready for business. He turned around to look up at the menu, running through it to make sure everything was on there, he read it out loud to familiarise himself.

Chalk and Cheese

Snacks                                                                        Fresh Cheeses (Price Marked)

Grilled Cheese Sandwich - $3                                                                    Cheddar 

Baked Camembert - $6                                                                            Edam

Halloumi Fries - $4                                                                            Mozzarella

Mozzarella Dippers - $4                                                                              Brie

Garlic and Cheese Flatbread - $3                                                                Camembert

Cheese and Pickle Sandwich - $2                                                                 Parmesan

Cheese and Bacon Loaded Fries - $4                                                                 Gouda

Macaroni and Cheese - $5                                                                   Monterey Jack

Cheese Twists - $3                                                                                 Swiss

Report Post Tip

Latom was late for a meeting with her boss. It had been a crazy morning where everything that could go wrong went wrong. Only cold water in the shower, out of coffee, a car completely soaked her by splashing water, amongst a few things. She could hear her tummy growling with discomfort as she hadn't had the time to make herself some breakfast. Being late was never a good thing. Bossman would not be pleased at all. But then again, she often heard people say that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.

As she was making her way through Detroit towards the headquarters she randomly looked through a window of a shop. The inside made her stop. It was so different from what she had seen before. Lots of yellow. Quickly running e few things through her mind she finally came to the conclusion she might as well face an angry leader on a full stomach. That way a possible confrontation wouldn't escalate with her being hangry.

She opened the door and went straight towards the counter. She had to be quick and get something to go. Food to satisfy her tummy and hopefully a cup of coffee in order to get her morning dose of caffeine. 

"- I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich! Do you have coffee as well? If so give me a big cup!" Latom was waiting impatiently knowing she could be in for a rough time at the HQ.

Report Post Tip

Mel is visiting the Detroit Business District for the first time and among all the shops, one stood out the most to her. A shop designed so differently than any other in the district. It looks like a place from a different era. Inside it was painted in yellow and black only and outside the shop was named "Chalk and Cheese". Cheese is something Mel can never resist. As soon as she notices the name, she darts into the shop to see what they were selling.

The interior of the shop looked even better up close. Mel does not care about the price anymore. She keeps picking all the food she wants.

"Grilled Cheese, Mozzarella Dippers, Garlic and Cheese flatbread, Cheese twists, and Macaroni and Cheese please"

After choosing half of the menu, she decides it's time to stop.

"Oh and I want the sandwich and dippers served only. The others should be packed."

Mel impatiently waits as her order is prepared. 

Report Post Tip

Sakura entered the shop and looked up at the wonderful decor through her lashes. She was glad to be there, drinking in the vibes and in general enjoying the positive energies of the people around her. She had a not-so-good day yesterday so intended to make this one better. Sakura followed other people's actions and joined the queue at the counter. She felt like she knew what everyone was thinking - way too many delicious options and such little time to pick. 

When it was finally her turn, she stood anxiously as her eyes darted across the menu. Squinting her eyes, the garlic and cheese flatbread stood out to her and she turned back to the person behind the register. "I will have one serving of your garlic and cheese flatbread please. Eating here." Nodding, she took out her wallet and she pretended to be looking for money when she knew she had a fresh wad of bills. She was then kindly urged to pick a table. 

Sakura sat in the corner. Surely no one would bother her here and she could eat her brunch in peace. 

Report Post Tip

Teach was enjoying his time in Detroit, it wasn't so much the city itself, but the people that were making the city feel like home. It was a nice evening out and Teach intended to make the most of it. He sent word to Billie to meet him at the Chalk and Cheese. He had made a reservation for them to have a table and could think of no better way to enjoy the time than with a good friend over food and wine.

Teach arrived a little early, with no sign of Billie yet, he checked in for his reservation and took the table. He ordered a glass of water to sip on as he waited for his friend to join him. As he waited he noticed some others in the place. They seemed familiar, people he had passed in the streets, but no one he met personally. Just familiar faces.

Report Post Tip

Chyna had just finished up some business in the headquarters of The Teamsters. Looking over at the clock as she stood and stretched, she realized it was well past dinner. Not wanting to go home and cook, she headed out in search of food. She had heard that her dear friend Chalk had opened up a cheese shop. That sounded perfect. 

Chyna walked into the shop, looking around. The decor was awesome and she smiled as she walked over to the counter to peruse the menu. She was starving suddenly and everything looked delicious. She might have to order a few different things. As she was looking over the menu, she heard her name. Turning around she saw EdwardTeach sitting at one of the tables. 

Report Post Tip

As Teach sat awaiting Billie to arrive he couldn't mistake the sight of his dear friend Chyna enter. He grinned from ear to ear and called out to her. It was a low voice, not to attract too much attention, but it seemed to get her attention. She turned to look and spotted Teach. He stood up and motioned for her to come and join him. As she got to the table Teach motioned for her to have a seat as he spoke. 

"Chyna! It's great to see you! I wasn't expecting this at all. I'm here waiting on Billie. We're going to just relax after a hard days work, eat some cheese, have some wine, and just unwind. You're more than welcome to join us!"

Report Post Tip

Chyna smiled brightly as she made her way over to the table. She gave EdwardTeach a big hug before taking a seat. 

"Well then, I'm glad I made my way over. I just finished up some work at the HQ and remembered I missed dinner. Now I don't have to eat alone, thank you for that."

She smiled at him from across the table. 

"How are you finding things here? Settling in properly?"

Report Post Tip

Teach took his seat after she took hers and smiled giving her a reassuring nod.

"I most certainly am. I can honestly say I enjoy each day that passes more than the last. How about you? How've you been lately?"

He then checked his watch again.

"Well I'm glad you ended up showing up. It would appear as though Billie is going to be standing me up tonight. Shame on her."

Teach grinned from ear to ear at Chyna.

Report Post Tip

Chyna's smile widened as EdwardTeach confirmed her suspicions. She was very glad he was happy with the choice he had made. And she knew how lucky the family was to have him. In the short time he had been with them already, he had impressed her with his work. 

"I'm so glad to hear it. I'm doing well, thank you. Just keeping busy."

She watched as he checked his watch again. 

"Would you mind if we ordered while we wait and chat? I am so hungry and a glass of wine sounds great."

Report Post Tip

"Oh keeping busy? Anything worth mentioning?"

Teach smiled and looked over the menu. He was starting to notice that he was extremely hungry.

"Absolutely. Let's eat! You want to start off a bottle of wine?"

He looked over the menu once more.

"I think I'm going to get two grilled cheese sandwiches. Indulge on a childhood comfort food. I hope they have a good tomato and basil soup to go with it here. What about you?"

Report Post Tip

Chyna smiles, nodding. A glass of wine would be a great ending to this day. 

"Just working on stuff around the HQ. Boring stuff really. Ooohhh that sounds good. I'm thinking about the garlic and cheese flatbread and the cheese and bacon loaded fries. Fries are my weakness."

She looked up at EdwardTeach and grinned. 

Report Post Tip

Teach nodded and licked his lips, it all sounded very tasty. He looked around and spotted a waitress, he waved her over subtly. Once she was at their table Teach smiled and spoke.

"Hello miss, I'd like two grilled cheese sandwiches, a bowl of your tomato and basil soup, if it's possible. Also, a bottle of your finest red and two glasses."

The waitress nodded and then looked over to Chyna for her order.

Report Post Tip

Having received word that her dear friend EdwardTeach wanted to meet for dinner, Billie hurried to finish up at the office. She had the doorman arrange for a cab as she finished the case file she was working on.

Her tummy was growling and she was already late.....

she scrambled to get her purse and hurried downstairs. As she walked outside, she saw the cab waiting and quickly got in. 

"Chalk and Cheese please, and make it quick!"

As the cab pulled away from the curb towards it's destination, a blue sedan rear-ended the cab. The cab driver jumped out and walked back to confront the other driver.....he was drunk. He went on about how his business partner was such a snake and that he caught him in bed with his wife.    Oblivious to the damage caused by his carelessness, he kept rambling on. Billie stepped out of the cab and approached the crying drunk.

"Sir, I am late for dinner with a friend. Take my business card and call my office tomorrow. We can talk about that dirty business partner of yours and see about taking out the trash."

Billie gave the man a wink and got back into the cab. The cab driver adjusted his mirror and looked at his passenger with a raised eyebrow. He put the car in gear and quickly pulled away. 

When they arrived at the destination, Billie gave the cab driver the fare and a substantial tip as she turned to walk into the restaurant.

"​​​​​​I'm Billie. I'm here to meet a friend for dinner" she said to the hostess. 

The hostess grabbed a menu and led Billie to the table Edward was waiting at.  As they approached the table, she could see that Edward was a bit tipsy as well as Chyna.

" Hi. Guys, please pardon my tardiness. I was held up a bit but I am starving. I'll have a glass of that wine while I look over the menu."

Report Post Tip

Chyna grinned as Billie sat down. 

"Oh Billie, I'm so glad you could make it! I just ordered the garlic and cheese flatbread and some bacon and cheese loaded fries. I may have to double up on that order though."

Chyna grabbed the bottle and poured Billie some wine as the waitress dropped another glass at the table. She leaned over and refilled EdwardTeach's glass while she was at it. 

"How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. Catch me up!"

Chyna lifted her glass to her lips. 

Report Post Tip

"It feels as though it's been so long since we've spoken. I've been trying to get a handle on my father's health. He fell ill and I've been seeing after him. It takes up lots of my time these days when I'm not working. How have you been my dear?"

Billie sips her wine and smiles at Chyna. They both glance at EdwardTeach as Billie lights a cigarette. As she blows the smoke from her lungs, she looks towards the door and sees SeanCallan and waves.

Report Post Tip

Teach smiled and got the chair for Billie as she sat down. He then returned to his seat and took a sip from his glass. He smiled to Chyna.

"Thanks for the refill!"

He then turned his attention back to Billie as she continued her story. Teach frowned hearing news of her father's health.

"I'm so sorry to hear that Billie.. what happened to your father if you don't mind my asking?"

Teach hoped he wasn't prying and took another long swig of his cup.

Report Post Tip

After sitting in the back office for a while, sorting other business ventures out as well as Chalk and Cheese, Chalk decided it was time to check on the restaurant as he had heard a few customers had decided to visit. He walked out into the restaurant and saw a few friends of his sitting on a table enjoying some wine.

He then noticed that customers were still waiting at the counter.

"What are these customers still doing waiting to be served?" He said to the waiter, clipping him round the ear. "Sort it out!"

The waiter nodded immediately and ran to the kitchen.

"Latom, Meliodass, please accept my apologies. If this happens again feel free to clip him yourself, it normally makes him move a bit quicker! Luckily, the kitchen aren't as useless as him, so your food will more than likely just be getting finished."

A couple of minutes later, the waiter returns with both Latom and Meliodass' orders.

"I hope you enjoy your food, and your coffee, you are our very first two customers!"

Report Post Tip

Chalk then made his way over to the table that Chyna, EdwardTeach and Billie were sat at, quickly grabbing the bottle of wine and placing it down beside a table leg.

"Guys, guys, guys." He whispered. "Feel free to drink in here but make it discreet, yeah!? I don't want to be getting shut down and locked up for something as minor as breaking the prohibition law, after all the shit I've done these past few years!"

He winked to Chyna. No doubt she was who would be consuming the most of it.

A few minutes later the waiter walked out of the kitchen, with their orders.

"Garlic and cheese flatbread, for the lady. As well as some loaded fries?"

The waiter placed the order down in front of Chyna.

"Please do let me know if you would like to double down, I overheard you suggesting you might."

The waiter then placed down the two grilled sandwiches, and well as a bowl of soup for EdwardTeach.

"Although we don't have the soup on the menu, it's not exactly the hardest thing to whip up! So, enjoy!"

Chalk then clears his throat, clearly prompting the waiter to ask Billie for her order.

"Sorry, ma'am. What can I get for you?"

As Billie was talking to the waiter, Chalk turned to EdwardTeach and Chyna.

"How is everything, friends? It seems a while since we last got the chance to speak like this!"

Report Post Tip

Mel was still waiting for her order when a man appeared and clipped the waiter on his ear. The waiter ran to the kitchen to bring the orders. The man was none other than @Chalk , the owner of the restaurant. He even told Meliodass and the other customer to clip the waiter if this happened again. 

The food was great, just as Mel had expected. She happily took the packed food home after eating and paying the bill to enjoy them later on.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Chalk and Cheese
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL