Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:17
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Piss poor standards, what happened? Started by: FiveFingerDeathPunch on Mar 13, '11 19:40

Jeeeeeez.

I've been walking up and down these fair streets for a short while now and as my ancestors before me have done, I try to visit the streets as regularly as possible. My blood has always tried to contribute as much as possible on their soapboxes. However, it seems to have become harder and harder in recent times as the amount of drivel seen around here seems to have multiplied exponentially.

All I see now is "so and so sets up in *insert name of city*" (who cares?), then the obvious follow-up of that leader pinning up their family's poster of their arrival on the scene (seriously, who in their right fucking mind would ANNOUNCE they're setting up an organised crime syndicate?). Or we have the unwanted drivel of a "Side alley rap battle", what the crap? Rapping? What even is that garbage? There are numerous other pointless posters pinned up that I can't think of at this very second so apologies to the people who have posted the above posters, I don't mean to single you guys out really.

*FFDP stands with hands on hips shaking his head*

Have we really come to the point of no return?  Where all we have is pointless, monotonous posters of "Congrats dude, knew you would make it, best of luck". ARGH! Even I have lowered myself to this point a couple of times, something I am now regretting.

Granted, there seems to be very little of note to talk about nowadays, but you'd think with the amount of old bloodlines that have left and new ones that have entered this world we could at least have 1 or 2 that had half a brain cell and could bring something new and fresh. Is this the problem? Are we recruiting retards? Or are people just afraid to speak? Have the mighty hands that rule this world stifled what little source of entertainment we can grind out?

So many questions, so little answers... anyone have a clue? I'm struggling.

Regards...

...FFDP

Report Post Tip

To be honest, there is more activity on the street these days then there has for a bit... Or at least from what I have experienced. Granted there will be those few who speak that honestly, you question. However, they are taking the time to put the work into what they are doing, regardless of how much work that exactly is. In my opinion, if it's in the legalities, attempt it. If they do something up that is a complete failure, then maybe next time they learn from their mistake and try a different approach. You can either do one of two things, complain about the amount of activity, or complain about what activity if being made. Either side of the fence will have their own argument, but I say promote those putting forth the effort. If you don't like what they say, then don't reply to the speech. Most won't continue to do so if they get no result.

Just a Dicks thought anyhow.

Report Post Tip

How about this, Sir. Rather then complain, offer something to talk about.

You must have missed Don Wad's earlier speeches too, seeing as I don't recall you being there. Old topics but good topics. Or Godfather RoRoG's little celebration. Or Chicago's own little competition.

Naenia holds up a finger

Do not, however, try to use your complaining as an example of bringing something new to the streets. That is nearly as old as the member whoring debates or bloodline crap.

Report Post Tip

Excuse me Naenia? What the fuck have I done here? I'm so tired of the age old INSULT that is "Go do something about it?" WTF IS THIS? Before I can speak on subjects I need to learn about them first and if you haven't noticed, I'm quite young in this world.

Engage brain before opening mouth springs to mind.

I admit I missed Don Wad's speeches, it's hard to sift through the tripe. I shall make sure I take a lot.

Mr Wad. I applaud your sensible retort... at least you thought about what you were going to say before you said it. I guess I am complaining about both so I'm not sure what category you'd like to stick me in. However, regarding your comment about if I don't like what I see, don't reply. Isn't that part of the problem we have? Nobody replies, therefore we end up with "dead letters", which are in fact drivel. Instead of ignoring the problem, we need people to point them out AND people who can also help to rectify the problem. It just seems to me that nobody cares, which is very, very disappointing.

Report Post Tip

So young, are you? I thought I heard you before discussing your bloodline in a nearby coffeshop... Naenia smiles

Regardless, being so young, perhaps you should think twice before making an assumption on the level of quality our streets posses? On the teaching of new gangsters?

Naenia walks around RichardWad and fiddles with the hood of a Model T

Everything I say is well thought out, Wise Guy. I would suggest you temper your vehemence. These streets work on respect.

Report Post Tip

Honestly I don't see what it is your complaining about, throughout all time this has happened. The street sees a bit of action, then go quiet, then see some action again. Granted what is different now to the old days is that people don't get away with the levels of abuse that used to happen. It's rare to see a new gangster come to the streets and try to start something to only get ripped apart.

But what exactly should we start talking about? Mugging, done to death, Random wacking, rarely happens now, Member whoring, again that horse has been beaten well and truly to death. Don Wad brought bloodlines to the streets not so long ago and a nice ditty about Leadership. I myself tried to start something about wealth but people just didn't seem interested.

So yeah I ask you this, what is new? What is there that can be talked about that hasn't been trailed up and down the street like a cheap whore? Is there anything left, with the amount of old bloodlines who have gone over those tired debates and arguments time and time again do you really expect them to be repeating the words that has been said generations before?

Report Post Tip

So what if you heard me discussing my bloodline in the coffeeshop? What the hell do coffeeshops have to do with this world? NOTHING.

You're right, these streets do work on respect, however... as the old adage goes, respect is EARNED, not GIVEN and you have yet to earn any respect from me. I might be a Wise Guy and maybe I'm out of place airing my views so, however I am willing to accept any consequences that come my way because of it. I do not fear death, as it is bound to come to me at some point, I knew that when I entered this walk of life.

I've yet to see anything you've said to be "well thought out" as you put it. Sure, you make it look nice and pretty with your perfect grammar, etc. But because you can spell doesn't mean you actually THINK about what you say.

Report Post Tip

We can't all start our speeches with an amazing Jeeeeeeeez

If you're going to bitch about that kind of thing, at least be a bit more eloquent with your words

Report Post Tip

Mr Collins, if someone isn't interested in something you do, you just give up? That seems very weak willed to me. Have some conviction in your beliefs my friend.

As for your point about old bloodlines who have gone over tired debates, there ARE new bloodlines and a lot of the old bloodlines no longer visit these shores. If the answer to one of my questions is that the new bloodlines are completely useless, then fair enough. I completely understand.

Report Post Tip

Mr. Sharpe, please refrain from replying. You have nothing of any significance to say. Who the hell cares about eloquence? Are we royalty? Did the Queen suddenly get into organised crime? No, we are mobsters... but thank you for your pointless contribution, it has given me a chuckle.

Report Post Tip

Naenia tilts her head in confusion

Spell? I'm speaking, not writing lad. 

Let me put it in a different way, that I learned from my father who learned from his father and so on. Respect in our streets is comparable to a pyramid. You are in the lower middle. I am in the upper middle. I think from there, you can manage to figure out what needs to be earned. If not, then perhaps talking with a close associate in your family would be a good place to start.

Airing views, with care, is something that is rarely frowned upon. As I said earlier though, your vehemence reminds me of a fair few young men and woman or took things to far. It was a simple warning I hope you take to heart.

As for coffeeshops...their uses meld with this world regardless of our feelings towards it. I merely brought it up because anyone with a decently experienced bloodline, such as you claimed, should know a thing or two from their parents. I don't like how important they are either, but it is a evil we all must bear.

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't say I've given up, but like many finding something new to talk about is very difficult. Look at crew rules these days compared to old days, rather than a few points about do this and don't do that they give full details which in the past would have been discussed in the streets. In fact those discussions from the past have shaped many a leaders view on what their crew rules should be.

I take your point about new bloodlines, but well trying to get people to come to the streets let alone speak on the streets is akin to taking blood from a stone.

Report Post Tip

You may be a mobster sir, but I am in no way, shape, or form one. I am a businessman. I don't sully myself in the public like you have today with my dealings.

Like so many have said before me, you can do all you want by coming out and bitching, but I haven't seen you around much at all. Come out to the streets with something relevant and then maybe you will be taken seriously.

Good luck in the future, because you obviously believe you are some incredible public speaker that can change the world with a weak attempt at a speech.

Report Post Tip

Not at all Naenia, you have earned respect from your circle and your peers. I am not in your circle, therefore you have earned no respect from me. I do not respect people on other people's say so... like I said earlier, earned not given. Just because you can knock over a 7-11 more often doesnt warrant any respect in my eyes.

A simple warning? Seems more like a threat to me.

Speaking... ok... just because I slur my words doesn't mean I don't think things through, is it my fault I have a speech impediment? (That less OOC for your ass?)

Mr. Collins, agreed. It is EXTREMELY difficult to get people out here, but from my blood's experience, once you catch their eye with something, they will crawl out of the woodwork in abundance.

Report Post Tip

Mr. Sharpe, it's funny how you take the narrow-minded and overused opinion that I think I'm God's gift to the streets, that one of my speeches can change the world. You have any of your own opinions? Or do you take them all from other people's very outdated views? If you hadn't noticed, I actually asked questions too. Something that my bloodline NEVER did.

Report Post Tip

Well yes this is true, all it needs is one spark to catch people's attention. But then it all depends on what sort of attention you wish to draw upon yourself.

However from listening to your exchange with Naenia I feel I must back you up here. You are correct she have earned respect from their peers and as you have had no other exchange with them than today I can understand your feelings here.

That being said Naenia and I have briefly spoke before and I wouldn't be to quick to jump to a conclusion about her, what I would say to you though is this, while her words may get your back up be mindful of how far you take this. You are close to crossing a line which cannot be taken back, don't take that as a threat though just some helpful advice. Although I have a fair idea that you already know this.

Report Post Tip

I don't care about earning your respect. I only care about you showing respect to those higher ranked then yourself, such as Don Datsik and myself, in these streets. Due note that earning and showing are two different things. I also don't care if you happen to hate my guts and wish all worlds of evil on me, so long as you don't show it. You happen to be walking on that line, sir.

I also don't threaten people, as it serves no purpose.

You'll have to tell me what a 7-11 is though. I only rob post offices...

Report Post Tip

I appreciate your comment, Mr. Collins and I do understand that I am very close (if not already) to crossing the line, however as I've said before, if death is the answer for me, then sobeit. I understand that my actions my result in dire consequences for my breathing abilites. However, with my current frustration levels going through the roof I am finding it hard to refrain from saying exactly what I'm thinking.

I am glad you see partially where I'm coming from with my exchanges with Naenia, even if I have gone about it the wrong way.

Report Post Tip

I don't care about earning yours Naenia and for the last time because I'm really tired of repeating this... I do not give respect to anyone unless they have earned it (and there are many, many ways to earn it), no matter what rank they are. I will always call a spade, a spade. I will not show respect to people who have not earned it, especially if all the said person has done is take a huge dump on what I've said or just gave some reptitive, monotonous retort.

I don't hate your guts or wish all worlds of evil on you. I don't care one jot whether you live, die, become leader, Godmother, dance the fandango or evolve into a chicken. You're not even on my radar apart from this little exchange we are having.

Report Post Tip

Believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. There are times I have had to just say nothing at all for I know my words will run away with me. As you have already explained that your willing to accept the consequences for your words I can understand why your frustration is boiling over.

But keep your head, it's clear that you know what your talking about and even though your still young that there are a few old family diaries that you can draw on.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Piss poor standards, what happened?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL