Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:00:44
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Clear as mud. Started by: Vodoo on Feb 28, '08 17:22
* Stands on his terribly generic soap box and clears throat*

Right it has been an interesting few days, and this is my story which may include a fictional reference to real people and real life. However the factual information is all down to personal perspective.

Orwell is dead, a very sad occasion in a personal and professional sense. One of the few people who would take the responsibility of a family but still have the heart to want to express his opinion, in most likely amusing way.

In my very 'fucking' humble opinion, his death was a result of a coffee shop dispute between two people who I consider good friends , both are equally ignorant in there views and dislike like of each other.

That is an insult aimed at both of you!

The repercussions of it are still to play out, for every action there is a great many more subtle reactions, could the death of man change the dynamics of an entire supposedly tight group of people...

How are decisions made between a group of individuals who push in the same direction, would everyone have an equal say. More likely an alpha male power struggle would take place...(or has)

There are a couple of questions in there, if you wish to answer.

The Cheesey one, seems to be asserting his alpha maleness on the world. With the help of his sidekick who obviously down to personal perspective seems to be a very friendly version of Gollum on the surface but has much more of a lust not for a ring but power.

There undoing?

What kids will do for dairy lee is all I can up with.

The cheesy one is probably a little upset his j0ng0tt1 has ran off with Rick_Deckard's dead rotting body and doesn't want to play with anything but that corpse anymore.

Oh and Number4Glory, do not worry your opinion will matter at some point. Maybe when you're a 'grow'd up'...

However not likely while the Cheese is still fresh.

Love Vodoo
Report Post Tip
blah blah blah blah cheese blah blah blah blah fascinating blah blah blah blah I LOVE STORIES blah blah blah blah what did he say??? blah blah blah I like beer! blah blah blah RIP Orwell

I have a major case of the Blahs!
Report Post Tip
Replace blah's with gunshots and we have a clip from your new movie?
Report Post Tip
Rick Deckard was not a replicant. He was a gentleman.

That is all.
Report Post Tip
The Borg visited us?

and I missed! no fair!
Report Post Tip
I do not like clich. "Clear as mud" is a clich Please die soon as you are an affront to me.
Report Post Tip
I'm not sure it is a clich it's an oxymoron, in that mud, isn't clear.

And it's an apt title, as I have no idea what has been said, other than it relates to Orwells, may he rest in peace, *touches head, stomach, shoulder shoulder* death and talks about the big cheese.
Report Post Tip
A phrases can be categorised as oxymoron and a clichat the same time. Nothing in the definition of either description prevents on from being applied at the same time as the other. "Clear as mud." is both a contradiction and a line that has been over used beyond the point at which it was once original and witty.
Report Post Tip

"In my very 'fucking' humble opinion, his death was a result of a coffee shop dispute between two people who I consider good friends , both are equally ignorant in there views and dislike like of each other."

That's not an opinion mate, it's a well known fact. It was a bad argument, for sure, things were said on BOTH sides that shouldn't have been, Zeb certainly went too far. We can't all be expected to get on with each other all the time, life's just not like that. Let's face it, this place would be as dull as my sex life if it was. It's also not the first time a coffee shop argument has spilled over into the streets, let's not pretend it is. It's certainly not the first time a CL has died as a result either.

Here's the difference: The CL wasn't involved in the argument. Altitude, no, Selenity - as it's him that's acting here, not his so-called character - has taken this shit FAR too far. He has a problem with Zebedee, fine, deal with Zebedee. If he's incapable of being an adult about it and just ignoring him, then keep the issue to him. Orwell invited someone into his family, then protected him as a good CL should. Nothing more.

As a CL you have a responsibility to this place, that is a part of the job. Killing CLs for refusing to HQ wack someone you had an argument with in the coffee shop is beyond low, it's pathetic. People keep telling me not to tar CP with the same brush over this, how can I not? They are all (Voodoo aside) sticking together and pretending it's not a big deal. Well, it is. It's a fucking huge deal. They'll take out a CL for not being active enough in the streets, but the rest of CP just sits back and lets someone shoot POC's auth over a coffee shop argument? Really?

Never again do I want to hear any fucking argument from CP or anyone associated with it about the separation of this life and the coffee shops. They've lost all right to do so.

Finally, can I just say "ta" to Voodoo, this whole thing nearly went on without any comment in the streets - we all know it's futile with the current state of affairs, but for an active and popular CL to be gunned down over something this pathetic deserves comment.
Report Post Tip
Altitude was wrong and he knows that. I won't defend his actions but I also won't take any actions which would equate to exactly what our biggest haters and detractors want to see.

Amends have been made - and if Orwell's son is happy with that, then I don't see why some random civilian wouldn't be either.
Report Post Tip
My objection to this whole situation has nothing to do with being "anti-CP" I get on just fine with most of you most of the time. Hell, it was only 2 generations ago my family served happily under you and POC - so let's not tar me with that brush.

I'm sorry, but "he knows he did wrong" doesn't cut it with me. He showed himself to be entirely unsuited to leadership with that stunt, you know it, I know it and everybody else knows it. The lack of reprisals for it show that all the "haters" when you first took power were right, which is almost the biggest shame of all.

As for dismissing my opinions as that of "some random civilian" insinuating that they don't have merit is absurd, if you really want to have that conversation with me, I will happily do so - but this isn't the place.
Report Post Tip
This situation could be been avoided.

Orwell chose not to kill Zebedee.

Had he done so, I'm fairly sure he would still be alive. He made a decision, it turned out to be more costly than any of us realised and that is a bloody shame.

I'm amazed you would expect his RHM to come out and make a song and dance about this. I'm not sticking together with CP, I'm sticking together with my leader. Just like I always have and always will.
Report Post Tip
Wow, a leader chose to protect his members instead of killing them for an arguement they had with someone else in the coffee shops.

Shocking behaviour, I can see he had to go.
Report Post Tip
His choice, his mistake, his corpse.
Report Post Tip
At the end of the day, Orwell had a choice, Kill one of his own and live, do nothing and die.

Sadly he chose the later.

Some people would call this the loyal, brave, right decision

Others would call it a stupid stuborn decision

Should he of sacrificed one persons life to save his own? or was he right in standing by his guns and taking the bullet himself.

It is a situation where none of us would like to be in, yet a decision had to be made, and there is a clear 50/50 split on the decision
Report Post Tip
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees, perhaps.

I can't believe any of you are seriously trying to defend something that I truly thought was indefensible. Either way, not that you'll shed any tears over it I am sure, but I am pretty fucking disgusted with the lot of you at the moment.
Report Post Tip
You're only seeing what you want to.

This was avoidable. My bloodline experienced the same things and made the same error Orwell did. They've sailed and died in that boat. You have to placate those more powerful than yourself; your duty is to your family and you serve them best being alive.

Sadly, we don't charge around on our noble white steeds fighting for good. The majority of us accept that we weren't that innocent and the majority of the time we could have done something differently, that probably would have saved our lives. If you can't realise that sometimes you have to bend the knee until you're strong enough to fight, then you're going to be dying on your feet a hell of a lot.

You're right, I won't shed a tear over your disgust. You seem to have lost the plot entirely.

You can't even realise that the majority of CP didn't let the incident, which affected all of their coffeeshop counterparts, encompass them as well. FakeManCP likes Sprozza and was probably pretty fucked off by the whole situation. Numbers4Glory on the other hand is going to stand by his leader as he is, shock horrow seperate.

Claim you can tar us with that brush if you want; I've had a lot worse said to me and I'm sure worse still to follow. But the fact that you're disgusted with 'the lot of us', when your gripe is really only with PrinceOfCheese and Altitude, shows that it is you who can't distinguish between coffeeshops and here.
Report Post Tip
And shock horrow by the way, is an even more sarcastic version of shock horror.
Report Post Tip
Numbers4Glory, a crewleaders job is to protect his members. Why should a person in this world die for something someone else said in a coffee shop.

Your comparison of FakeManCP and yourself is exactly how it should be. Zebedee and Selenity had an argument in the coffee shops but then Altitude becomes involved and gets personal with Zebedees in world relative. How can that be? how can he demand a HQing over something the person has never said?!

If we are separating the worlds completely then let it be, however, we cannot pick and choose when that is acceptable.
Report Post Tip
Tamel, your right, a CL's job is to protect its members. and by dying, he put even more of his members at risk. you have to think of the lesser of 2 evils.

lose 1 member to protect the rest

refuse to lose that member and put the rest at risk
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Clear as mud.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL