Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:10:46
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Sinsana Tattoo Parlor Started by: Taiga on May 21, '20 12:09

A little known talent that Taiga had was her love for art -- she enjoyed painting and sketching here and there, but her real love lies in a more permanent medium: the art of tattooing. Having been trained in the mountains of Kalinga, she had extensive knowledge of how to handpoke tattoos, as well as how to read the aura of someone and assign them a tattoo according to the local tribe sigils. After living in the city for so long though, she'd also learned how to use a machine in her craft just to keep up with the times. Interestingly enough -- she herself had no visible tattoos, just one that slithered down the top of her back and was always covered up. She did however, have experience tattooing hundreds of people back home and thought she should bring her art and culture to these parts and turn a nice profit in the process.

Taiga bought a corner lot with floor-to-ceiling glass window panes so you can see what was happening inside like an aquarium. On the inside was simply a clean white interior with a white chair in the middle, and the only decor were the walls full of black and white photos of the tattoos she'd done before and their corresponding meanings. She wanted it to be simple and sleek so the people can focus on the art and the experience. The final touch was a neon sign outside which said "Sinsana Tattoo" in bright purple. Pauly, her assistant, asked why she chose the name Sinsana, causing Taiga to smile -- it was a good question. "It means today or now in Kalinga, dear Pauly. Getting a tattoo is always an important decision in people's lives, so when people finally decide to get them, they make a big deal about it. 'Today's the day. Today's the day I'll get my something etched on my skin forever. Today. Sinsana.'"

She put up a signboard outside before turning the sign from closed to open. It read:

𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖆 𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖔𝖗
handpoked and machine tattoos

handpoked tattoos start at 20 dollars+ per tattoo
machine tattoos start at 40 dollars+ per tattoo

price will depend on size and complexity of design

we also offer aura readings:
we will assign a tattoo to you in accordance to your aura
for those of you who need a bit of cosmic guidance

SINSANA: TODAY

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Adrian walked into Sinsana tattoo parlor and smiled as he saw Taiga, he wondered what was on her mind when he walked in this has become a weekly thing him popping up out of know where.  He knew that she was someone he had to know and work with.  He knew she was taken but she was such a ray of sunshine that he was going to either get her to work with him or drive her crazy.  

Nice joint, good business to clean your money with.  How have you been lady?  Don't tell me that you forgot my name?  

He looked around for the tattoo artist then he asked her was she the artist and he stood there still smiling at her.  

Report Post Tip

Taiga was in the middle of sanitizing her tools when she heard the door close and a familiar voice behind her. "Hello, Adrian," she replied, emphasizing his name so he knew she didn't forget. "How could I forget the name of the man who made me rich by being so bad at poker?" The woman teased with a smile. It was funny how they kept running into each other, but Taiga didn't mind at all especially considering how kind The-Greek was. Even though they've only known each other for a short amount of time, he felt like he was an old friend who she could confide and talk to whenever and wherever.

"I've been alright. Keeping myself busy to not have time to dwell on sad things." Taiga said with a wistful smile. "Yes, I am the artist. It's always been a secret hobby of mine, decided I should make a nice profit out of something I liked doing, you know?"

"And you? What brings you to Detroit?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

He laughed as Taiga talked about how bad at poker he was then he looked at her and felt a bit sad then said.

You know Taiga, you was a bit down when we were in LA, I did press the issue because you started to feel better once you danced and ate some food.   Talk to me what' s got you down.  

He listened to her and then she talked about how doing tattoo's was a secret hobby of hers.  He wanted to cheer her up because he liked her laugh and smile.

Report Post Tip

Taiga smiled a sad smile and avoided his eyes. To be quite honest, a lot of things were going on in her personal life, but it was just so much to get into that she never really told anyone. Weirdly enough, she felt like telling The-Greek though, who was almost a complete stranger but a stranger she felt like she could trust. "Well, it's a lot of personal stuff, it honestly might bore you. I have a sort of stalker -- remember that story I told you about the guy who scammed me and my sister into going here so he can sell us to a whorehouse? He's been following me around in New York. That's why I've been spending most of my time here or by the beach in LA."

Taiga said quietly. She smiled at Adrian, trying to shake it off and pass her feelings as a joke but ultimately failing to mask how she truly felt. "Oh, and that guy I was dating... yeah that didn't work out. So I'm ready to be your Sicilian housewife." Taiga said as a joke, letting out a genuine laugh even though she was a bit devastated.

Report Post Tip

He sat down in the chair in front of Taiga as she started to talk.  

Bore me? remember I'm the guy that asked you to tell me everything about you.  So tell me the rest of your story.

He listened as she told him her store and when she talked about the stalker he gave a devilish smile and told her they can fix that issue together he had friends in New York.  That he could lay out a plan and she would be free of the bum.  Then she shocked him when she said that she was free of her man and she was ready to be his Sicilian housewife.  he told her he don't want a housewife he wanted a business partner at my side she had to be able to handle herself in the streets and when they get home be able to provide what he'd been waiting on since the start of the day.    He gave a hearty laugh hoping to cheer her up.

Report Post Tip

"You know, once you get in that chair, you're gonna have to get a tattoo. C'mon, just a teeny, tiny one..." She teased him as she continued cleaning her tools while speaking to The-Greek"And I really appreciate it but it... it's something I need to deal with myself. I've always prided myself in being not scared of anything, but whenever I see that guy... I get so paralyzed, you know? And I hate feeling that way, so I'm trying to work on it and finally rid this world of that scumbag. Got any ideas on how I should kill him? I was thinking of something involving fire and a lot of oysters." She said with a grin like a Cheshire cat. 

Taiga let out a chuckle at Adrian's reply to her joke, he always had a way with banter and a way to make her smile in one way or another. "I'll take the business partner deal. For now though, I think I'm putting dating on an indefinite pause. You can't tell me you don't have women interested in you though. I'm sure with your charm and just the fact that you're a good guy, you've got a long list you can choose from." Taiga said, changing the topic to things about him and hoping the conversation would be steered in a different direction since she was not one to talk about her feelings and personal life too much.

Report Post Tip

He could only be supportive because he understood why she wanted to handle the issue her self.  To overcome fear you have to face it and Taiga appeared to want to not just beat fear she wanted fear dead when it came to her life.  

Ideas huh?  Yeah I got a few when it comes to fire.  See I think you tell him you want to pay him off the leave you alone, have him meet you in a place were lots of people will be.  You meet him and pay him but keep the conversation short you just want reassurance that if he takes the pay he will leave you and your sister alone.  He's going to say how can I give you assurance and you reply give me your word that's good enough, end that with I heard your a man of your word.  He will say something like you have my word or just nod yes.   Then you walk away.  Two of my guys will be at that place with two women and when you walk out I will walk in from the front and my two brothers will walk in from the kitchen.  We will lock him in and recoup the cash and have a little sport with him.  We will get him into the basement of one of my joints and you can walk in with high heel shoes and a cigarette and sit in front of him putting out your cigarettes on his arms and legs then you can pull his finger nails out and toe nails and pour alcohol on them.  Beat him later on the next day with a baseball I have a bucket of them and you can throw them at him all day.  Then after dinner slap him around and break a rib or two with the butt of you handle of your empty pistol.   Pour gasoline on him and then ask him who's your mama tell he says you then dry him off and put some grease of his body like a rub down and then burn his ass alive.  But that's just the short version.

He looked at her and became a bit concerned that she might think he's a nut case.   Then he told her that those are things he would do to any man that likes to hurt women period.

Report Post Tip

Taiga's eyes widened as she heard The-Greek's proposal. He was such a sweet guy that she never would have expected that he'd have such a dark side to him. But then again, she realized that she probably looked as innocent as a fly and yet the exact opposite was true -- looks really were deceiving in this world of theirs. She smiled at Adrian fondly while shaking her head, turning to face him and placing a hand on his shoulder. "You're batshit crazy, but I like it. It's good that you share my hatred towards men who think they can push women around. Not a lot of those in our world."

"I'm far too squeamish for torture though. I have these crazy revenge fantasies in my head but I know that at the end of the day, I'm probably gonna want it to be over as quickly as possible. I've never made peace with the fact that killing people was an unspoken part of our job description. It never gets easier for me and I remember the face of each man I've murdered. They haunt me every night. Have you ever gotten used to it?"

Report Post Tip

Adrian smiled and shook his head as he listen to Taiga

In this world killing is apart of the daily routine so you have to look at killing as an art and you have to make you painting classic and your painting style has to be so recognizable that everyone knows your work.   Then and only then you find that very few can afford your work and them that can really don't want to part with that type of payment and you end up doing much less.  When the word gets out how beautifully you paint but the price is so high no one wants to ask you to paint.  Then you can just relax and enjoy your hobby.  

He looked into her eyes and then stood up and gave her a hug and told her to give him a name.

Report Post Tip

His analogy made sense, and she wished it was as easy as that. "That's a beautiful metaphor, Adrian. I wish I could live it, but I'm far too much of a coward to do so. For now, I'll make peace with what I have to do and just avoid doing the things I dislike doing when I can. Stay out of trouble, although trouble seems to always find the likes of us, doesn't it?" She said with a small sigh, hugging The-Greek and feeling comfort as she felt his strong arms wrap around her. He was a good friend to her, and always knew how to make her heavy burdens feel a bit lighter.

Taiga paused as she considered whether or not she should give him the name of the man who wronged her. She knew she could trust Adrian, but also didn't want him to carry the burden of her problems. Additionally, she wanted to see the man's life drain from his eyes herself, and couldn't bear the thought of being so cowardly that she couldn't even avenge herself. "The name doesn't matter. I don't even want it in my mouth. Trust me, I'll handle it, I promise." She said as she broke off from the hug and rested her hand on his shoulder gently. "Now enough of this sad stuff, please. Tell me something that will brighten my day."

Report Post Tip

As Taiga hugged him he smiled as he smelled the perfume she was wearing.  She felt so soft and smelled so good that he had to remain professional to avoid hurting their friendship but she was making it difficult.  She was a softharted gangster he wondered about her safety.  He wanted that guys name but figured that he could talk to the guys back in chicago.   He was determinded to end this man's life very slow and painfully.  When she broke her hug he felt like someone took off his warm soft blanket and tossed him out side in the cold.  He looked into her eyes as her hand rested on his shoulder.

Well I think we will eat dinner and maybe dancing or to a movie.  Maybe I can get you drunk and you might accidently give me that name.  Then you can watch me slowly dismantle this man and then you can feel the power yourself as you closes his eyes for the last time.  You know you could just question him as I do the work then you could give him directions as I do my work and then you could have him working for you as he realizes that if he fucks up just once he's a dead man.  Plus that gives us more time to work and get to know each other better.

Report Post Tip

Sinsana Tattoo Parlor

Mercury had been looking for a tattoo parlor. she needed some work done. She entered the business. The place was incredible. The artwork on the walls was some of the best Mercury had ever seen. It made hers look not so special anymore.. 

Mercury saw two people standing close to the white chair. She stopped in her tracks . She recognized The-Greek. The other must be the tattoo artist. They seemed to be engaged in an important conversation. He must be deciding on a tattoo. Mercury would come back another time. Hopefully the artist wouldn't be busy.

Sorry to bother you. I'll come back when you aren't busy, she said. Mercury turned around and went to the door. She would try back here soon.

Report Post Tip

"You've got yourself a deal, Sir." Taiga said with a small laugh. "I know just the place. Do you know the Cotton Club in New York? I've been dying to just go there but have never been able to." The woman said, recalling all the times she was placed on the waitlist because the place was so exclusive. She'd never seen the inside but rumors abound that it was mesmerizing, and a place taken straight out of a mobster's dream. "I bet you'd like it there. I'll work harder this time to get us on the list. But no getting me drunk! And no torturing people!" Taiga said sternly before breaking out into laughter.

She twirled around as she heard the door open once again. Turning to see a stranger, she smiled gently as she heard what Mercury had to say. "Oh, no! It's quite alright, I don't think this man isn't getting a tattoo," she said turning to glare at The-Greek in a playful manner as he tipped her hat towards her before exiting the tattoo parlor, "so please, come in! Would you happen to have a design in mind?" She'd been feeling particularly artsy today and was looking for something to do with her hands, so she hoped Mercury would be her first customer of the day.

Report Post Tip

Mercury turned back around and went to the chair.

I'm glad you were able to make time. I have a Tribal Orchid on my left shoulder I need touched up. It's not a simple task. There are 11 colors in it. she told her. 

Also, I would like something complimentary on my right shoulder. Have any ideas? Mercury asked

Report Post Tip

Taiga nodded, her eyes lighting up when she heard "11 colors", she'd always enjoyed a challenge. "May I see the orchid?" She asked Mercury politely, wanting to see what she was working with but at the same time, not wanting to be intrusive. "Well, usually I'd recommend something of the same tune as perhaps a butterfly or another flower that you like. But if I may be so bold as to ask, why did you get a tribal orchid?" Taiga asked the stranger inquisitively. "The story behind any tattoo is always interesting, and perhaps may help me find something for you that can complement not only how the tattoo looks but also its meaning." 

She realized she was asking a very personal question but hadn't even introduced herself yet. "Oh, where have my manners gone? I'm Taiga, by the way. I've opened this shop recently and am the lead artist. And you are?"

Report Post Tip

Hi Taiga, I am Mercury, out of Philly. It's hard to find a good tattoo artist. Your work is pretty amazing. 

Mercury showed her the tribal orchid. https://serving.photos.photobox.com/5003542524229d1c145d737f33b57d41e35b104222aeebf007fe9fd8ab58262e06215bd2.jpg

As you can see, the shading is starting to fade and the colors aren't nearly as sharp. I got a Tribal Orchid because I am half Apache Indian, she replied. Does that help with an idea for the other shoulder? I do like the idea of a butterfly or two in the piece.

Mercury waited on a solid idea to form.

Report Post Tip

"It's a pleasure to meet you! And you're much too kind." Taiga said bashfully, turning red as she was never good with compliments especially when it came to her art. When Mercury showed her the tattoo, Taiga let out an "ooh" involuntarily, seeing the masterful shading and beauty of the piece despite the faded coloring. "That's a gorgeous tattoo, Mercury. And I'm glad you cherish your culture as much as I do mine." She told the other woman sincerely. 

"No problem on the retouch, we can get that done in a jiffy. As per the other tattoo..." She paused for a moment in contemplation before turning around and searching her wall of photos for something. After a few seconds, she came back to the chair holding a photo. "I did this one quite recently for an Apache Indian as well. Perhaps it's to your liking -- we can choose colors that compliment the orchid. On the other hand, we can also match the other shoulder with a tribal butterfly tattoo, like this." She drew up a quick sketch and showed Mercury, waiting for her response so they can get started.

Report Post Tip

After taking a shower Jay passed the mirror and looked at himself

I need a couple of tattoos my body is too bare

After asking around about the best tattoo shop, he kept hearing about Sinsana Tattoo Parlor

He decides to give the place a try 

After walking in, an employee walks up to him and begins to ask him a few basic questions about what tattoo he wants and where 

I want a tattoo on my upper back saying "Live by faith, not by sight"

Report Post Tip

Mercury looked at @Tiaga's drawings. Both were exceptional however the head-dress was a little much for her. At least for her other shoulder. Mercury always though ones skin made a great canvas. 

I think I like the Tribal Butterfly Tattoo. Matching colors from my tribal band with butterflies sounds great. I am going to leave the colors to you, Mercury said. I had this done in one sitting. Do you think the touch-up and the new one could be done in one sitting? 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Sinsana Tattoo Parlor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL