Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 11:10:31
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Coded Coup Without Violence Started by: Squishy on Jun 08, '20 21:23

What do you think about if the number of members set to disloyal (yes it factors in the logic that under mades dont weigh nearly as much as mades+), that if it passes the threshold where there is more disloyalty than loyalty, that it automatically removes the CL, bumping RHM to CL and LHM to RHM and CL is now unsponsored?

Pros: This would be a way to topple a bad CL without violence required to promote change.   This would also act as an encouragement for CLs to value their members besides just the resources they provide.  Not all regime changes need to result in entire crews being wiped out.

Negatives: If not balanced right, it could lead to the toppling of good people by those with an ulterior motive BEFORE they even join the crew.  I think this can be counteracted with tweaking the weight system we curently use, so that the end result is it looks at the number of hours worked by an account, the rank of the account, how long its been in the account, and some possible other ideas to properly weight so that the system cant be abused.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Two Words.

Dupe Checks.

Report Post Tip

Just to check, the default would still be undecided?  And would undecided simply have a neutral value?

Report Post Tip

hmm, good question

Report Post Tip

Removing regimes is supposed to be done by, as is often quoted "ranking up and doing something about it". Having to do nothing other than influence others to set their Loyal status to Disloyal in hopes of achieving a topple...seems very lazy and not at all optimal. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Sounds like a great idea to me. It would simulate “rumblings” in the underworld that can force a CL to resign. And if a few CLs are nerfed by people with ulterior motives, well too bad for them. They should’ve sensed those persons were up to something.

Perhaps something worse than disloyal, similar to the Take a Bullet above loyal, could be added?
Report Post Tip

Against... City Leader should make those decisions.

Report Post Tip

Quick question. When someone joins the crew their loyalty is set to Neutral right?

So if we have 20 neutral and 1disloyal would that still prompt the removal since there are more disloyal.

Also sending a notifcation in the lines of "One of your guys tells you theres a coup" or smth and you have a little time to move, but that would just bring us to more deaths.

Report Post Tip

MiniMac I believe dupe checks are done quite often, I would say multiple times a day. This isn't .org, dupes aren't really an issue because administration stays on top of it.

I would say the threshhold should be closer to 2/3 rather than just 51% if that's what you meant by passes the threshhold where there is more disloyalty than loyalty. Obviously it shouldn't be public knowledge.

How would no selections factor into it? I'm sure a fair amount of people don't bother selecting loyal or disloyal.

Report Post Tip

Generally those below made can move between crews so tbh I see no need for this.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Honestly, if I was a CL and I was toppled this way and my RH was made CL because of it, I would be pissed and kill the RH (if I had the gun) just out of spite because I lost my crew. Yeah it’s a incentive to be a good CL, but if your members don’t connect with you, why should you be forced to connect with them to lower the risk of loosing your crew. 

also, take the Grin and Zapata situation, Zapata is currently holding Grins crew for him until grim can set up his own. With this toppling in effect, when grin is made everyone could be asked to set loyalty to dis loyal to topple Zapata and get grin his crew, saving on forts. And just bring Zapata straight back in. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I think ‘Coup’ should be an additional level of disloyalty. There should also be a risk of a random ‘Coup’ member(s) dying in the coup. I doubt the crew leader would let themselves be thrown out of their own HQ without letting off a couple of bullets.

I personally think anyone that doesn’t have at least 20 units should weigh nothing. You can get 20 units quite easily, and if you’ve not played your account long enough to have it, you can’t have formed a sound opinion on your CL yet.
Report Post Tip

If I choose to work for a crew leader, that doesn't necessarily mean that I would choose to work for the RH or LH, and in some cases I definitely wouldn't.  RHM don't always want to be a crew leader. 

I only have 10 members.  I don't know all of them.  As a leader should I be worried about giving chances to people who I don't know well?  It would be very easy for the disloyal to outnumber the loyal if they joined someone they don't like for that purpose. 

It's supposed to be that if you don't like who is in charge, you rank up and do something about it.  Changing that process is something I would really not like to see. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Open to abuse? Let's say we have a group (there are plenty here) they all die in a war....

They all decide to to join one of the families that killed them.  They all do this with one agenda. They all set this profiles to disloyal to aid/hope that it will get that cl removed. 

Even if we are talking smaller % for under mades, it could be a tipping point.  I think it's a little unfair and open to much abuse, if the miners aren't correctly balanced.  I don't think in this scenario that it gives the specific CL a fair reflection and an unfair removal

Report Post Tip

We know how salty people get. And I do fear that although in essence it's a great idea. I just don't think the community and it's players are at a point where this would be used in a correct and fair way. 

Jesus people here send a bise via Facebook over on game stuff. So it would be a no for me, simply because I don't think the player base have the self control to use it correctly

Report Post Tip
How would the CL be made aware that the disloyalty in his rank is reaching a level of removal and he should do something about it. Would it lead to CL just killing people in attempt to bring the level or number down.

It may lead to smaller crews and CLs not wishing to take on new members after a takedown or war.

I'm against it leads to more paranoia and offgame politicking by organised cartels
Report Post Tip

I think this can be abused.

As a CL, I do my best to engage with all of my members. Sometimes I'm active in the chat, sometimes not (real life stuff, work, etc). And after being a CL a few times, I noticed you can't please everyone. Some people may ask to leave to join a crew with friends, some may be mad that they died in war, etc.

I just see this being abused where people group up to be disloyal to overthrow a CL. Some people may do it for giggles. Or like others have mentioned, there could be past issues due to war and this is a way to get revenge.

To be honest, I just think it will make people more paranoid both CLs and members. CLs will worry about losing their crew and members will be scared of dying if the CL doesn't know them well and is trying to take out potential "disloyal" members.

Report Post Tip

As much as I like the idea of the power being in the people's hands, I absolutely think that if those people are dissatisfied they should work to remove said person with their own power.  I don't think that any removals should be done automatically or by the Gods unless it has to do with rule breaking.  That's it.  

We have seen "tyrannical" regimes survive solely because the populous was too afraid to act.  That blame sits squarely on the populous, not the tyrant.  All it usually takes to bring down a regime is a few well placed bullets.  Not everyone gets caught in the purge net and still those survivors do not realize their own power.  They are afraid.  I don't think adding in automatic features to cater to the most fearful among us is an ideal course.  

If you don't like a leader, don't join them and let them drown in their own incompetence.  If you really, really don't like a leader sac up and take a shot.

Report Post Tip
On second thought, I think it’d be better if only members setting their thing to disloyal should affect this. I can think of a lot of scenarios where a well organized group brings down CLs this way.

It would give power to any group really, anywhere from a city bringing down another city to certain secret groups shelling out death sentences over their TeamSpeak server...
Report Post Tip

I only see this as a way to promote people to actually get involved with their members and not just recruiting for numbers. 

At the end of the day, shouldn't a CL know their members? If they aren't trying to get involved with their members, then they don't deserve to hold the rank of CL. Members should not be looked at as numbers. A crew leader should be taking time to get to know each of their members. 

Someone who is putting in the effort and doing the things that are expected of a CL would start to change the mind of those with disloyal in their settings or be able to sniff out those that they did not want in their ranks. If someone will not engage you as a member, then why are they in your crew in the first place?

I think this would help the game overall. It would incentivize people to know their members and be selective about who they let into their ranks. Getting people to join people they want to work with is not a bad idea.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $27,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Coded Coup Without Violence
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL