Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:26:11
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: MR Lottery Started by: Neal_Caffrey on Mar 29, '11 00:51

The MafiaReturns lottery is more of a raffle, to be fair. You pay $1 for a ticket, your name goes into a hat and we randomly choose a winner. For each dollar you spend, thats another figurative ticket in the hat. The winning pot raises for each dollar spent, the site takes 10%, an gives the winning player the rest.

Drawings happen midnight on friday. After the drawing, the counts will reset and you can start buying tickets again. This is all automated.

Report Post Tip

And obviously I fail at life...

Report Post Tip

Or at least separating one personality from the other.......

Report Post Tip

can you say Facepalm?

Report Post Tip

Another awesome addition by the admin team!

Bows down in a worshiping sort of way.

Report Post Tip

Great addition!

Group Hugs with the Admins

Is there a limit on how many tickets each person may puchase?

Report Post Tip

I don't know how I'm going to hold on to my 50,000 lottery tickets, I need a wheel barrow.

Report Post Tip

Is there a limit for the number of tickets to be bought by one person?

Thank you in advance, great addition.

Report Post Tip

not that I can find so far Pumpkin :p

Report Post Tip

I was asking, hoping that he would notice it's a suggestion more of a question. :P

Report Post Tip

Pffft, if someone wants to spend 100 mill to guarentee they win the Lottery, i guess that is their own perogative. Besides, be a real kick in the balls if you spent 100 miullion and someone else won :D

Report Post Tip

I like it and look forward to it.

Report Post Tip

Love the idea!

Hate the way theres no limit on the amount of tickets per person. As those clearly who have an advantage with money such as CL's have an advantage to win this. You can say in RL.. if you have more money you have a higher chance yes that is true but my question is..

Is it fair to use the 'Families' money to better yourself in gambling?

I think not, I know some will agree with me and many others won't but meh its my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I'll have a good go at this but if it starts becoming apparent that the same people who have the access to more money then others keep winning to better themselves.. then I shall not bother.

Fairness is what I am always for and the whole site putting in at the moment almost 40 million in less then 24hrs is crazy. If theres not gonna be a limit then at least have multiple winners as one person is probably gonna win something around the 75-100 million mark everyweek.

This is more like a raffle then a lottery and in a raffle theres always more then one prize. In a lottery there is only one and if you have the winning numbers and I stress numbers cause a lottery you pick a set of numbers then you win the lot. If someone has the same numbers then the pot is shared. Not once have I ever entered a raffle that has one prize to the winning ticket.

However.. like I said. This is my opinion feel free to blast away at it because what I think shall not change.

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles

Good Luck to all those who have entered anyways.

Report Post Tip

I'd suggest a maximum of tickets purchased per person 500k-1mil? Or as Mrs-Doubtfire said, make it into a multi winner thing, not allowing the same person to win more than once.

Report Post Tip

Hmm interesting idea here although i'm not sure what a lottery has got to do with Mafia. I read some history books and seen some films and never seen the lottery as part of organised crime.

Also why does the admin take 10%? If your going to take 10% off this why dont you take 10% off everything?

Report Post Tip

Actually the mafia did have sort of a lottery, number rackets. Basically like a lottery. A person pays a certain amount of cash for a ticket which they write three numbers on and their name. Numbers are drawn and if they match, presto! Your rich. There is a lot more complications like runners and number banks but thats the basic idea. =]

Report Post Tip

I do have to agree there with JinJerr. I think about 500k - 1mil per person is plenty high enough. As an earner can make the 1mil ticket mark in a week if they aren't as active as some. And a leader can just get their tickets over and done with at the start of the week and wait ready.

Also.. Trolley the admins take a % to bring the amount of money in the game down a little. The game gives out enough money as it is and well.. this is one of its ways of taking some back.

Report Post Tip

Exactly TC. I would much rather see multiple numbers being able to be picked. Like lets say.. 1 - 99 and pick 3 numbers. You match all 3 you win a share of the pot if more then one matched all three. THEN I wouldn't say anything about a limit because the price of the ticket could go up to like.. 5k a ticket which isn't much at all. Few petties and your sorted for that amount.

Report Post Tip

Mmm I assumed it was for that reason Mrs Doubtfire but it confuses me, why start taking money out now just as they have started to give financial rewards for achievements. One will cancel the other out, so money in the game will stay the same.

I just dont think "Lottery" fits in, is it going to be a permanent feature?

Report Post Tip

Yes its permament but hopefully It will change some more to make it fairer on everyone.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: MR Lottery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL