Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 11:43:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Monomial: The Archduke Ferdinand of our Time? Part 1 Started by: JackHenryAbbot on Jun 27, '20 22:42

Right, No you're left.

Report Post Tip

How can you tell others what my motivations are when you plug broccoli in your ears every time I speak, JackHenryAbbot?

Report Post Tip
@ - TL/DR. But I'm sure it's a cool story bro'
Report Post Tip
This bloke’s a crew leader. How mad is that?
Report Post Tip
Chalk, I sure am. A crew of talented, ambitious and bright people. You wouldn't do well here, son.
Report Post Tip
I almost have as many associates as you have crew members(upper structure excluded). Calm down, lad.
Report Post Tip
Chalk, I'm perfectly calm, son.

Dealing with people like you is like meditation for me.

I run my crew how I run my crew. You want to talk to me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 losers trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash some words, and make me nervous.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This bloke’s a crew leader. How mad is that? 

Considering there has been a program in place in Chicago for many, many weeks allowing anyone who wants to set up a 5 man HQ to do so, as long as they pay their weekly tribute, it does not seem very mad to me at all. If you have any questions about it, as you don't seem to have understood it entirely, I'd be happy to answer. 

Jack is a smart man to take advantage of it. He knows Chicago is run by reasonable adults who don't fret about in a pool of their own angry sweat every time there is an argument in The Streets. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Chalk rolls the dice.

Good afternoon, Mr Cromwell.

I’m aware of the program, I think it’s a very good initiative that was started with great intentions. I was of the understanding, however, that the HQ’s then had to be successful in their own right, above just the paying of the tax. I also believed we held Crewleaders to a higher standard around here. Admittedly, I may well be mistaken. In which case please feel free to correct me.

Could I also ask who is fretting about in a pool of their own angry sweat at arguments in the streets? I would love a good laugh on a bleak Monday afternoon! Please, point me in their direction!

Report Post Tip

So in fact what you are suggesting - so that your point is clear - is that Chicago is mad to have such low standards in their crewleaders? What would you define as successful in their own right? Jack has a full HQ full of loyal members and he pays his tribute on time every week, often with more on top. Given the limited scope of the initiative, he has fulfilled his objectives quite admirably. 

Report Post Tip

Chalk - it is a "very good initiative" - but one that you, apparently, don't have the stomach for. 

"I was of the understanding, however, that the HQ’s then had to be successful in their own right, above just the paying of the tax. I also believed we held Crewleaders to a higher standard around here."

Yes, to both of these.  I must say that, typically, your "understanding" has not been all that impressive, but you are doing well here.  No mistakes so far.  

Report Post Tip
Please don’t put words into my mouth, Mr Cromwell.

What I am suggesting, is that Crewleaders would normally have a level of decorum in the streets that does not seem forthcoming from Mr Abbot. Whether or not that is something that is of particular concern to Chicago, is not for me to say. As I’ve said before, Chicago can be ran how whoever is in charge likes it to be ran.

It is true he has a full HQ. Bravo, I say, however recent the feat may be.

It is truly admirable that Mr Abbot manages to tribute more than he is required to each week. However, I wasn’t aware this gave people free reign to speak however they like to whoever they like. Again, the level of decorum I referred to.

Money should not, in my opinion, allow other aspects of the job to not be met.

Correct me if I am wrong again, but I thought this initiative was brought about to allow a more diverse range of people to be Crewleaders if they so wished. If it is made about money, unfortunately the opposite happens, and the same lineage will be in that position time and time again.

Thank you for your concern regarding my stomach, Mr Abbot, however it is feeling particularly good this afternoon. My lineage is no stranger to the position you hold, unfortunately I do not have the time available to dedicate myself to the position that they had.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I did no such thing, Chalk, the things you say are what infer the point you are trying to make, and everything you have said indicates that you believe Jack should not be a crewleader in Chicago. You don't need to be shy about saying it plainly. That is a big part of this discussion; that we can say things to each other without being sensitive and needing to administer punishment for it. 

Correct me if I am wrong again, but I thought this initiative was brought about to allow a more diverse range of people to be Crewleaders if they so wished. If it is made about money, unfortunately the opposite happens, and the same lineage will be in that position time and time again.

It is up to would-be participants to decide whether to take up the offer or not. That is not in our control. If the same lineage chooses to take up the position more than once, they are free to do so. It does not indicate anything about the intentions of the program. 

Report Post Tip

OK, Right.  I've got a little bit of spare time; say your piece.

Report Post Tip

Does it, in your 'talented, ambitious and bright' mind, actually look like I am your puppet?

Report Post Tip
Right - bizarre question. I gave you a golden opportunity and you have squandered it.
Report Post Tip
You could have discussed your reasons for challenging me to a duel, for example
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Monomial: The Archduke Ferdinand of our Time? Part 1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL