Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 08:44:19
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Recruiting disrespectful associates Started by: Latom on Jun 29, '20 20:56

A while ago I gave the most insightful speech on how to be rewarded with a bold suit. I didn't quite expect it to be followed by so many in such a short space of time! 

I was really hoping that the fame that I have been afforded after, it was critically acclaimed, would help out with luring a few associates into the family. As you all can see this has indeed happened, but not for the above reason. Unfortunately it has taken a childlike tantrum of a rogue, the paranoid suicide squad of Philadelphia and loss of friends and allies to help out with this. Which really is too bad for the new faces as they're missing out on what I'm sure would be the best criminal experience offered in this day and age.

It does however go to show the guide works but you simpletons all chose the really worst options for survival from it.

Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about today. Today I was thinking we could all discuss the interesting topic of disrespectful associates.

I set up a little over three weeks ago. During that time I've been in contact with quite a large amount of new faces in this world of ours. If you include the time I spent with Farage, God rest his soul, that number increases even more. During these encounters I've been having respectful conversations with people deciding to go elsewhere. I've had people telling me they're not interested. I've even had a few telling me they would have joined me if their path wasn't already chosen for them. But most of all I've had encounters where the individual I've reached out to completely ignores me and I'm going to assume I'm not the only one that is experiencing this. 

I have, like every other family, created different kinds of jobs in order to try and lure civilians into the darker side of this world. Tasks that are simple enough for them to succeed at but important enough for them to show their worth. When they do these tasks myself and my chosen ones are watching, trying to figure out if they have what it takes to join the criminal underworld. If they do we contact them to both guide and help them, in order for them to hopefully stick to this life. Making the work within The Crazy Train a more permanent fixture.

One thing that surprises me when I contact these individuals is the complete lack of reaction. Most of the time the person I contact just looks at me with a blank expression in their eyes and turns around. Without any type of response at all. Complete ignorance. To me that's a strange way to interact with someone way more powerful than yourself.

This brings me to my question... Would you all consider this disrespectful? 

I've read about times when it was the wannabe gangster that had to make the introduction in order to get the safe protection of an established headquarters. Today these individuals can get away with completely ignoring a very important member of this thing of ours. I'm not saying we should go back to old ways but surely a middle ground would be beneficial in order to teach these soon to be associates the importance of respect.

How will actions like this shape an individuals way of thinking in the later stages of their career? Will they feel more entitled to things like promotions or access to other important things?

Perhaps there is something we could do in order to change this way of acting and thinking for the better. Would a bullet to the face teach bloodlines the value of a respectful answer even at the beginning of their careers?

I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm looking forward to your opinions!

Report Post Tips: 26 / Total: $520,000 Tip

Nowadays you have to be so careful about voicing your opinion in the streets.  But when she stepped out in the courtyard and heard @Latom speaking on a topic she could really relate to, a topic she had experienced.

When a potential recruit does jobs for the Boss Nipsey the first thing I do is thank them and tell them I appreciate them trying to prove themselves.

Sometime this acknowledgement is received with respect and sometimes very rude comments.  I just tell these bad-mannered people I wish them the best and move on.

What really disturbs me is when I am asked what I am offering.  I have been told that such and such crew is offering a set amount if they join their crew.  Of course I wouldn’t offer anyone jack shit to get off the streets and seek a better life. I mean what ever happened to what do you have to offer?  What are you going to bring to the table?  Now if they joined me and I saw they had good potential I might would send some start up money. But it might be different for others maybe this is acceptable way to get recruits now.   Maybe I might be behind the times and this is a new norm.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Recognizing a familiar voice, Stoney stops in his tracks to listen to what is on Don Latom's mind. 

I am afforded once again the respect and trust to recruit. First being you and the late Farage, may he rest in peace. And now Don TrashPanda has entrusted in me.  What I find to be the most disrespectful response, are those who pull up a seat and go comatose. I got a saying "we are not a homeless shelter." That is the ultimate disrespectful situation in my book. 

The second situation would be, I get an envelope reading a gangster did some work and when I do not get a response to my responding to their work, that is disrespectful as well. I do shrug that off as their loss. I never reach out to a homeless guy unless they do some work. 

Thanks for bringing this to the table. It makes a good topic. 

Report Post Tip

Hearing Rain comment about being asked about what crews are offering Sexy Underscore Guy steps up

I have to say I have not been asked what I am offering to new recruits. They get what they see, a chance to join the most annoying greatest name in mafia history. After that they may get some start up money, they may not. Sometimes contacts are ignored, and so be it. But if someone is asking for X amount of money or credits, etc to join up to the family, they are not likely to work hard and donate if they are all take, take, take at the beginning and they will not be receiving home in the South Side. And as for rudeness to a head of a family, or a Made member of a family who is helping out in the recruitment process, it will surely not be forgotten in the long run and they may find their home is one among the fishes. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

An interesting topic for discussion, Latom.

When I was recruiting in my previous family, in the main I’d say the majority of people responded to me. However, as you say every orchard has it’s bad apples. Some would just plain ignore me after doing the jobs and earning some money. Whilst I wasn’t too surprised, it did piss me off. How much does it take for a bit of common cutesy?

One of my crew rules is respect. Respect for rank and position. Whilst they are a lowly thug with no real threat of a bullet, I guess they think this is their only “power trip” they’ll be having for a while. As Mr ‘Longest and most difficult name to pronounce in these shores’ states, it won’t be forgotten. 

In terms of them asking what I’m offering, then immediately I’m put off. It should be obvious as all my details are posted on the local notice boards. A home and a chance to earn some cash should be enticing enough let alone the chance to work with some bloody handsome people.

Latom, this is a very good piece to bring up.  I have frequently found those people that do engage in the recruitment process often end up chatting away or interacting in some way like putting a few hundred dollars in my pocket as a way of saying hello which is nice...even if they have chosen a different path to joining the exciting SuperSonics franchise.  When the complete blanking first happened I would find it disheartening where now I find it to be quite the powerful indicator of the type of person they are.  So rather than disrespectful, I now look at it to be a positive...like a job interview for those non-criminal types.  I hear that if they were to sit there silently in their interviews they wouldn't get a job...and I look at it as no great loss for my organisation.

In my experience, all I do is make a little note about my thoughts on them and if I see them in a situation where I can offer some support or choose a different path...whether it is an organised crime further down the line, a business I'd like looking for some custom or indeed if I see them with some money hanging out of their back pockets...then I choose to not help with the crime, walk by the business or just pocket the cash I find. Petty, maybe but...

Chuck shrugs

However, if they are found homeless after something like the tragic events of the weekend and they reach out, I am not so petty that I would turn someone away.  I would be happy to admit I was wrong if they turned out to just be quite shy.

It takes nothing to say hello and you could make a friend for life...or just for Christmas whichever comes first.

Report Post Tip

Noticing Charles_Barkley had stopped to listen, Mezz decided that it must be something of interest, to capture his attention away from the looming basketball courts of Seattle. 

Upon listening, he heard a topic that was close to his heart and directly impacting some of his own day to day actions. 

Latom, I think this is a great topic and is something that impacts us all, especially those fortunate enough to be involved with the recruitment for their respective families.

I have found that like a blathering idiot, I find myself engaging in conversation with many new faces on these shores, some that look familiar and some that don't. I have been met with varied responses but a significant proportion of silence.

At first when some of those decided not to engage in conversations or started a chat and then joined another family, I would feel frustrated, annoyed that these lower ranks would be so... "Disrespectful" as you term it.

And then I realised perhaps it was me? 

Perhaps the fact that I wanted to find out more about what kind of a person they are, or could be, was in itself too much. 

Or Perhaps, given the number that retire from this world, they just weren't cut out for it. 

Like others though, I don't take offence to silence - it does show the kind or person you are dealing with.

However, I have never been asked, what I could do for them or what they would receive. That is a complete lack of respect and  I am saddened to hear that some would even consider such a response. 

But in such a circumstance, who do you blame for that? The thug wanting the best out of life or the crew leader offering incentives?

Report Post Tip

Shoot them all, twice.

No, on a serious note, it's a valid point you bring up, it is outright disrespect to ignore someone, let alone the leader of an established criminal enterprise.

I'm not sure how this is punishable, but they definitely need to learn some manners. I think maybe the recruitment process needs to be looked at again in order to be truly effective.

I'm glad that so many of you have taken the time to offer some insights into this discussion. Bringing up some points that highlights the need to discuss the recruitment process further.

The "buying of members" was actually news to me and quite concerning ones as well. To hear that a fair few of you have experienced this is, in my mind, outrageous. If anyone came to me asking what I would give them in order to join me, I wouldn't only make a note to have in the back of my mind, I would make a note to have them killed at a suitable place and time. It does however show, as some of you have said, what kind of person we're dealing with... The kind of person that seems to have to learn the hard way their place in this world. But what about the leaders, hands and sponsors doing the "buying"?

I do fear though that the "buying members" and "disrespect" shown with a complete lack of response is affecting the values and behavior of todays mobsters. In a way that creates lazy associates that will feel entitled to rank, info, access etc. I might be wrong here and would be quite interested to hear more about how you all think this will affect our criminal underworld as well as what could be done about it. Would it be fair to shoot someone over this in order to teach them the "right" values? A firm talking to in order to teach them what's expected? Or should we just keep going about things as they are?

Report Post Tip
Buying members is utterly shallow and a kick in the teeth to those of us who really make an effort in recruitment regardless of which side you fall under. I for one would love to see those in a bold suit who do this step up and explain what went wrong. This disrepect we have all witnessed has started to creep in to numerous sections of how we operate here and this is just one of many situations that is raising flags. We need to do better as a community.

Humu had been standing in the back of the crowd who was looking at leaders, hands or senior members of established HQ's take turns on the soapbox erected by don Latom initially. He listened to all their thoughts, ideas and opinions and was curious. He often had experience with trying to contact new migrants to these shores, both the mainland and the islands obviously. As he took the time to fiddle with the suit so he could speak in a way humans could understand he stepped up.

The recruitment of civilians, petty thief or the occasional street thug is a dance in my opinion. You start slow, with some basic moves that does not scare off the potential recruit but still be intricate enough to grab their attention. Very often a too impressive introduction is scaring them, or rather makes them feel rather awkward and makes them feel they'll need to show expertise before having had any training.

Also a large investment in a well-funded, organized approach puts pressure on the recruit to give a proper enough response to your response.

So in this first part of the dance, one should not go all in, but do a quick approach that shows that you are hoping to catch their attention but not overburden them.

Regarding the topic of no response, most of the potential recruits picking up work are either traumatized by the recent death of a parent or other close family member or just had a very long journey to arrive to our shores. I would imagine a direct approach by a very influential mobster could make them panic, freeze or just avoid the contact due to insecurity. Often these recruits retire or end up dead on the streets within a week or so. Why would we need to heavily involve these people in this world of ours, traumatized individuals cannot be relied on and suicides are just waste of the resources of the organizations these recruiters represent.

Yet one good point was raise, some recruiters are trying to lure candidates with financial means in advance, which in my eye is just a desperate move. Good recruiters will be able to read the candidate and adapt their style. Recruits who ask what the crime organization can do for them are often better caliber candidates than the very non-critical ones in my experience. Good recruits know their personal skillset and when convinced by an experienced recruiter lead to more successful careers than recruits that just hop in and don't put in the effort the moment they get in.

Humu looked at his main bodyguard Kamehameha who was indicating his suit needed to be restored in order to keep oxygen and salt levels back to normal and decided to end his speech now so others could take their turn, hopefully giving some opinions about his part of the discussion

A young man steps forward, clearing his throat as is aware it's the first time he will be addressing such an esteemed group of senior figures whom he greatly respects, including his own boss. 

Speaking as someone still finding their way in this life, for me one point, one word, one fundamental principle sums it all up…. respect. 

Actions and words both have meaning and power, how one handles themselves with anyone else involved in this life, is telling…. But to show disrespect to a senior, let alone a boss is for me, unacceptable and an indication that this person will struggle in the years to come, if they last that long, and worse than that, they will bring trouble onto themselves and into any family, they do end up with in the future. 

Of cause, this works both ways and any recruiter should also follow and personify the values of the family they are representing, but I would say, anyone who reached out to me, did so in an honorable way. They also accepted my decision about where my future lied and I picked a family that I knew has I could respect and would respect me and my path ahead. I hazard a guess that dishonorable recruiters would certainly be the exception, not the norm. 

What separates us from the others, who exist outside of our world is we know and we appreciate the code we live by, that code should manifest itself in respect in every aspect, when it doesn’t no good can come from that behavior.  

Report Post Tip

Foust was sitting on the bench across the street and be appreciative if he could meander over and say a few words, knowing he is a relative no one..

I have been playing this game for a number of years. Wars, rogues and other unfortunate events have take lives of my ancestors as well as everyone else here. With death, comes rebirth. Of course, we all come back...well most of us. I have had many times when completing jobs for prospective families, I have received a novel of a speech. Granted, I am not as hardcore of an RP person myself, there are times I get turned off and respond to the best of my ability. Do I believe it is disrespectful when I don't fully commit to an RP response. Not necessarily, because I haven't really found my niche in that aspect. I am trying to do better and become more active in this life of ours. I do apologize if my past characters have offended anyone. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

Foust stands and nervously clears his throat. Shaking and perspiring, he continues...

On the other side of the coin, I have been privileged a handful of times to become a sponsor. I generally don't write a novel when I send a message to a potential associate, rather something short, sweet and to the point. If the potential recruit sends a reply in full RP, I will then go out of my way and reply back in more depth. For me, I try to show respect and humility first. The way I see it, I show some form of respect, I should get it back. If the person doesn't and just says, "Invite me, I know XXXXXX a person" I think very heavily on it. I will bring it to the family member discreetly and go from there. To me, being as demanding as that, I find incredibly

Perspiring heavier, Foust wipes his brow with a slight smile while looking at the small gathering. He walks away thinking, "That wadn't so hard..."

Report Post Tip

Ennio_Morricone sat in the parking lot watching Foust. He rolled the window down as his old car was emitting all sorts of smells and some were best left hidden.

Foust seemed to be speaking. Ennio leaned in but could not hear anything from his distance.

Family looks out for family. And Foust was a likeable fellow that Ennio appreciated learning from. A steady hand with a clear voice; he was one you wanted beside you in a gun fight for sure.

Respect is earned through actions, words and... faith. It's two way.

Shit, is he praying now? Ennio jumped back in his car and drove away. Clear actions my ass... moving around town like a moth you are boy!?!

Report Post Tip

I think people are forgetting that some new people on these shores reach out to obtain housing and receive the blank stare from recruiters.

This shows those on the street that the recruiter is disinterested, so why show a interest or respect in return?  If the recruiters can even  not give a low level of respect by at least saying bugger off we don't want  your kind.

Why then should a low level show respect to someone who is obviously in a position to teach others how to show show respect, but does not teach it through actions?

They say actions are louder than words.

So maybe the uppers should start teaching respect  it instead of demanding it.

Report Post Tip

Daniella heard Latom 's speech in the street and she suddenly remembered that she was one of those rude people!! As she was not one to speak out loudly in crowds, she quickly penned a letter to go out with the afternoon mail carrier. 

𝓜𝔂 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓶  

𝓜𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓹𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓲𝓮𝓼, 𝓪𝓼 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓰𝓷𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓶. 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓻𝓾𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼, 𝓫𝓾𝓽, 𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓭𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓵𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶. 𝓘 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓸𝓷𝓭, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓵𝓲𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝔂 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓭. 𝓘 𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓶 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓯𝓾𝓵, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓪𝓹𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓲𝔃𝓮.  𝓘 𝓽𝓻𝔂 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮, 𝓪𝓵𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱, 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓪𝓭𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓮.   𝓘 𝓭𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓮.  

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,001 Tip

As a newer CL I see this all the time. When I first came to these shores I was taught to respect uppers, work hard to make a good impression, and to tribute up as much as much as possible. This tribute helped pay for your housing, HQ fortifications, BG fund, and various other costs that as a newer player was not aware of or privy to that information. When I did work for crews and received a response, thanks, or whatever I made sure I answered that message quickly and with utmost respect.

Now as a CL, I expect the same thing. If I reach out to a newer player and receive no response, it is noted and that player is no longer anyone I would be interested in. A short pm is not that hard. If the new player can’t be bothered, neither can I. Proper respect to others should be of paramount importance in this thing of ours.

Disrespect to uppers should not be rewarded or tolerated.

Back when my ancestors first came to this continent, the onus was on the new potential mobster to contact a families upper structure or a sponsor and request to be considered for a spot in their family. Then, as a sponsor, back before crews began offering jobs, they would keep a keen eye on the streets, looking for those up and coming criminals to reach out to. Never, have I been asked what I would give someone to join my family. And if I ever I was asked, they would quickly be informed that they would receive nothing, especially not an invite, and they should be thankful that the answer wasn’t a bullet.

I have always prided myself on both my ability as a sponsor and my availability to those whom I sponsor to reach out to. What they gain through being sponsored by me? A loyal and responsible sponsor who will go out of his way to help an associate. Sure, they might get some pocket money (1-200K tops) once they’ve accepted my invitation and done the steps required of them to be considered a full associate (Included the family tag on their profiles and signed the hq rules) but that is never discussed or promised beforehand.

Respect needs to be taught to these young criminals early on. Spare the rod, spoil the child I say. A disrespectful thug becomes a disrespectful made man in my experience, and it is better to humble a new face early on, rather than have a full blooded mafioso representing you poorly in these streets.

We as a community need to raise our standards, because our standards have slipped. Sure, we shouldn’t require everyone to act as a mafioso right away, but without that foundation of respect, those associates are more trouble than they’re worth.

There are many that stumble across this world and simply don't understand the (game generated) accepted practice. this is fine.

what troubles me is when a potential family member wants to know what the family can offer them. This really pisses me off and puts me any such associate.

Report Post Tip

The bigger question lies in what accountability there should be for an associates actions. Should sponsors of disrespectful associated get off Scott free?

A sponsor should be responsible for an associates behaviuor and a made man's poor behaviour should reflect badly on the CL - and there should be repercussions - unless of course the CL is powerful enough to allow his guys a pass- at which time, their own reputation takes a damaging hit in the eyes of all but the most blindly faithful.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Recruiting disrespectful associates
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL