Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:12:10
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Pancakes Only Started by: Cepheus on Jul 08, '20 08:22

"Coffee, definitely! The largest one you have! Oh and, make the specials different if you can. That way we share," Laura told the order taker. She followed Rias to an empty booth and the two sat across from each other.

"I can't wait to see what see what we get. I hope it doesn't take long, I'm suddenly starving. It smells so good in here."

She turned her head towards the next table and watched a woman cut into a stack of chocolate pancakes. Trying not to stare, she inwardly started drooling. Her tummy rumbled, and she laughed.

"So Rias, what do you like to do for fun?"

Report Post Tip

"It does smell good in here, not as good as your place though." Rias shot Laura a wink and watched as she craned her neck towards the table next to them.

"You told them to bring two different things, right?"

Laura simply nodded.

"Ok good, I like the way you think."

There was a brief pause, it gave Rias a brief moment to process the last thing Laura had said. "What do you like to do for fun?" It made Rias hmm for a moment. Did she really want to dive into personal stuff right now? Perhaps Laura wouldn't be able to handle some of the info. She glared at her for a few moment before shrugging her shoulders.

"For fun? Hmm... Well, I have recently taken a small leave of absence from my family business. Needed to try something new, so I guess that is fun. Does that count?"

Report Post Tip

Laura looked over Rias' shoulder to look towards the counter, then looked down at her watch. Patience wasn't one of her best qualities. Sighing, she returned to the conversation...

"A leave of absence. No wonder you didn't seem in a hurry when you popped in Holes. So, may I ask, what's the family business?"

"Actually wait, before answering, I'm going to go grab our coffees. Doesn't look like anybody is bringing them over."

Laura walked up to the front counter and sitting there were two large mugs. Assuming them to be theirs, she carefully walked back to their table with them, placing one in front of Rias.

"Ok, sorry for interrupting, I couldn't wait anymore"

She added some sugar, then brought the mug to her face and inhaled deeply.

Report Post Tip

"No worries, you leave and come back with coffee never apologize." Rias chuckled softly then reached for the sugar after Laura was done using it. She put a couple dashes in and gave it a swirl with the spoon. Letting it rest in front of her, giving it time to cool down, Rias went back to the question Laura asked before getting up.

"Well... you might think this is a bit off the wall and you'll probably think I'm bat shit crazy but..."

Before she was able to answer, some dude from behind the counter yelled her name.

"RIAS! Order for Rias!"

It caused her to turn her head and give a look in his direction. The man was still behind the counter and didn't look like he was planning on moving from that spot. Well except maybe to go back into the kitchen.

"Looks like I need to go get that, gimme a moment. I will be right back."

Getting up from the booth, Rias scampered over to the counter.

"I'm Rias."

The man gave her a look then slide a pair of plates towards her. "Here you go, syrup and all of that should be on the table but if you're missing anything just come back up."

"Uh.. Ok.." Rias picked up the plates and headed back to the table. She slid both of them directly in the middle and sat back down. "Not really sure what kinds they both are but here they are."

She left the plates in the middle of the table and went to her coffee, picking up and giving a slight blow across the top.

"Anyways... I'm a pure-blooded devil...."

She didn't say anything else, just waited to see how Laura would respond to that first.

Report Post Tip

Laura didn't register what Rias had said.

Her eyes went as wide as the plates their pancakes were served on. The first can only be described as 'everything but kitchen sink'. The stack had to be at least five pancakes high but that was just a guess because she couldn't actually see the pancakes from all the whipped cream, sliced fruit, chocolate chips, chopped nuts and chocolate sauce drizzled all over. It even had a cherry on top. The second plate had an equal stack, this time drenched in maple syrup with several strips of candied bacon stuck in the top. The effect looked like some strange birthday cake with candles.

Both women looked up at each other and cracked up laughing.

"Well, we ordered the house specials, those sure do look special!"

Laura had her fork already in her hand.

"Which one should we try first?"

Report Post Tip

Rias picked up her fork and gave one of the stack a bit of a poke, there was a real lot going on and she truly wasn't sure what she was really looking at.

"I guess this one?" She said while glaring up towards Laura.

She gave it another poke before digging her fork into the side of it. Ripping a piece off and trying to corral the pancake and everything else that was mixed into it. Rias turned the fork sideways, holding it above the plate.

"I think you should have the first bite."

She took the fork and slowly pushed it across the table towards Laura.

Report Post Tip

Laura leaned forward, and pulled the forkful with her lips. The bite of pancake was so fluffy but it was the combination of the cream and the fruit that exploded with flavour in her mouth. She closed her eyes and savoured it then swallowed. 

"Oh. My. God. That is the best pancake I've ever had! You have to try some Rias!"

Laura used her fork to cut into the stack and stabbed it onto the tines, then she dipped it into the whipped cream and chocolate sauce and held the fork out towards her.

"Quick, it's dripping!"

Report Post Tip

Parkerr sits down at a the corner booth and browses the menu options....

“I’ll take a stack of chocolate chip pancakes, extra chips and extra fluffy....”

Parker starts browsing the newspaper until his order arrives...

Report Post Tip

As Zip entered the pancake joint, for the long conversations at the Knack Knickered pub had left him quite hungry. And the food there was pretty much non-existent or inedible for anyone with a pallet. So he popped over to mr Cepheus' pancake house. His father had warned him though about the stinginess of the patron, but he tought awww heck, i'm dying for food. As he opened the door a roar of the crowd wafted in his face as well as the omni-present smell of butter, batter and pancakes. As he scanned the room, a familiar pair he spotted very quickly, he decided to walk over and say hi

Heeyyyy there Laura,

That looks definitely like a good one, can i get a bite? RiasGremory seems to be fully loaded already on that bottle of tequila she drank on her way over from the windy city. So perhaps i can have a bite of yours and then decided which one i'm gonna get myself. I promise to share some of mine with you. This place is expensive so sharing is more affordable 

He smile innocently and batted his eyes hoping the ladies wouldn't deny him

Report Post Tip

Laura saw Zipline walk in and scooted over so he could have a seat at the booth with them.

"Hey Zip! Fancy meeting you here. You've been quite busy flying all over the country lately. I guess you found some time to eat."

Her eyes grew alarmed when he reached out for a bite and she tapped his knuckles hard with her fork, glaring at him.

"Get your own! We had to wait a while for these. You can bat your eyes all you want. Don't even try to look innocent!"

At that she couldn't keep a straight face and cracked up laughing.

"Nobody is innocent. Ok, fine! Here, we will share, won't be Rias," Laura chuckled, sliding over the plates.

Report Post Tip

I don't know when I stopped caring about my craft but at a certain point everyone will begin to slip up. At first it is small things like not putting away the utensils after cleaning them and then before you know it the syrup is still dripping from the spatula as it is sat on the edge of the table, slowly dropping its globs of gooey sugar to the floor. Perhaps it was the fact that my drug dealing business had taken off, or that I was now running a successful operation in Philadelphia-- the reasoning didn't matter, but the work at Pancakes Only was definitely beginning to suffer from the newfound lack of care. Should I just quit? Hang up the batter for good? I forgot to buy batter this week, how will I even make pancakes? This is all going so wrong... I can't keep lying to myself...

The thoughts of a troubled man could never be actually seen which was lucky for Cepheus as his mind was filled with nothing but questioning his own talents. Running two successful Pancake companies was something that very few people could do, yet here he was racking in what was rumored to be in the thousands of dollars per week in profit.

"I need to get out for a bit, one of you take over."

Was it becoming too much for the fabled pancake connoisseur of Philadelphia? That seemed to be the case as he walked out of the place for the very last time. Would he ever come back? No one could be certain, but as long as money kept rolling in and people continued to eat here it would obviously be kept open... forever.

..and ever.

Report Post Tip

While Zip was still sucking his knuckles from the mean and nasty slap of the fork from Laura, he snarled at her.

Her friendship with RiasGremory was definitely making her a little more assertive and MEAN!!!

Yet as her smile broke to cover her entire face and her nod to dig in, made him realized that no external influence would ever corrupt that heart of gold. Even the always depressed looking and party pooping Massimo wouldn't get her spirits down. If anything she would over compensate any party pooping by him and make things even more livelier than they would have been with the big M's presence.

Well i'll have you know that I was here before, when mr Cepheus was not mumbling to himself in the middle of his shop, that this place makes the best bacon and eggs pancakes. The bacon is crispy yet juicy, the egss are stiff yet runny on the inside. After all that sweet stuff at the poles's shop back in CH i bet something savory could definitely be up your alley!!!

Zip turned around to the counter and ordered a double stacked pancake with a sunny side up and 10 rashers of crispy bacon on the side.

Report Post Tip

Much time had passed before Gimpanzee had managed to get a spare minute to himself.  He'd built up quite the appetite and decided to be healthy today so he made his way for some pancakes. He wasn't sure if Pancakes Only was still operational as he had heard rumblings of the proprietor falling out of love with his extension over here in Detroit

He stepped inside and inhaled the sugar particle filled air..

"Mmm oh yeah.. that's the stuff" He said as he could still smell the fumes of golden honey in the air

"Boy, all I've tasted this week seems to be blood from those pesky rogues - If nobody is here to chuck something into the pan then I'll jump over and do it myself!"

There was little doubt he'd be leaving emptyhanded since he'd promised to pick something up for TadKnackered

If Gimpanzee was gonna be lighting a stove, he had better shave his hands first..

Report Post Tip
Kafka walked into the pancake establishment and was immediately struck by the scrumptious aroma of pancakes. Already feeling like he'd made a good decision to visit this establishment, he walked up to the counter and began mulling the available options.

It had been a very mediocre day so far. It was amazing how, in the upper ranks, even the mafia could occasionally embrace bureaucracy. Perhaps not in the traditional civilian sense, but in their own way. Paying respect to the big movers in a city, greasing all the right palms, shaking hands with all the right people -- it could get remarkably tedious after a while.

And this was precisely where pancakes came it. It was an odd afternoon hour, but Kafka needed the pancakes to make the day somewhat worthwhile. He just did.

"Can I have the house special?" he finally asked the person behind the counter. That was always a good way to gauge a new place.
Report Post Tip

Pancakes only?

what a load of crepe.......

sorry, can I have pancakes please?

Report Post Tip

It was a Saturday morning when Sal woke up and wanted some pancakes. He took a shower and got dressed. Walked downstairs amd sat in his car. Drove to the Pancakes Only place and parked his car. Walked inside and took a seat behind an empty table. Waitress approached his table and asked what a gentleman would like to order this beautiful morning. Sal looked at the menu and ordered a full plate of pancakes with strawberry jam. Waitress wrote it down and excused herself. A ten minutes later she came back and brought his order. Sal thanked her politely and gave her a tip for kind service. He started to eat. Pancakes were fabulous, hot and jam was perfect. When he finished eating, he paid for everything, thanked the owner and walked outside. Sat in his care, lighted a cigar and drove back home. Business was waited to be done.

Report Post Tip

Kafka had never really been one for nutmeg in his food. From what he could usually tell, it was seen as an exotic spice that would draw customers, but few chefs and bakers really knew how to make the product sing. But he had been impressed by the pancakes he'd eaten here the last time he was in Detroit, so he felt like he wanted to give the cook's signature jelly and nutmeg pancakes another try - this time, sober. The last time, he'd had far too many whiskies to taste anything but the sugar intake, really, which was a shame on this particular occasion.

"Let me try your signature pancakes. Oh, and a coffee. Make it strong enough to burn a hole through the cup you pour it in. Thanks," he smiled at a waiter as he took his usual seat. He could only hope that the dish lived up to his expectations.

Report Post Tip

Ron was pecking and he needed some breakfast.  he couldn't find a steakhouse open for breakfast so he stumbled across this pancake house.

I would like all your pancakes please and thank you

Report Post Tip

Glad it was friday and he saw that the restaurang today gave free panncakes, marvellous, he gets in and asks for five panncakes ans some strawberrie-jam to them, he pays up and takes his plate and enjoy the tasty panncakes, lovely meal this, he remember as a youngster how good those were and no matter how old you get you always loves panncakes.

Report Post Tip

These pancakes are sub-standard!

In fact, i'd go so far as to say they're crepe!

I'm so sorry

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Pancakes Only
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL