Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 14:41:04
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Do You DuoLingo? Started by: Ennio_Morricone on Jul 08, '20 17:28
Thank you for the input! I love learning different languages, or at least the idea of it! I feel like being able to easily communicate with more people is definitely a good thing! And devoting about 30 minutes a day to it isn’t too bad!
Report Post Tip
I enjoyed it for a while then gave up with it. I know quite a few folk that use it regularly and are doing well with ut.

Biggest thing with learning a language is immersion, need to link up with a native speaker and get some help from them build on your learning.
Report Post Tip
Definitely tried to get going with duolingo a few times, and was up to a 20 day or something streak but haven’t been back since lol.
Report Post Tip

I have done Duolingo - i did the free version, as i am too stingy to pay for it.  I found that i got stuck at a particular stage when i was giving the correct answers, but Duolingo didn't accept it.  With the free version you have a certain number of lives and so i would lose my streak .... choice ... do i pay, or do i stop?  i stopped :(

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I tried to for a little while leading up to my trip to Japan. It was fun but I didn't keep up with it and don't recall most of what I learned. I held onto things I aaa exposed to out there a lot better though. Suppose I just don't learn the way they teach as well.

Report Post Tip

I actually did not know about it until recently, but now that I do I think I may try to learn Vietnamese. My girlfriend is half Vietnamese (her mother is Vietnamese, her father American) but cannot speak a word of it. I think it would be hilarious if I learned it and could speak to her mother with my gf being oblivious to what we are talking about. :P

Report Post Tip
I don’t, found it too painful to keep getting promoted to go to the paid version

That said, my son does it and he loves it. He’s on something like a 60 day streak (learning Spanish)
Report Post Tip

I learned 2 languages off of there but without practicing I forgot. 

Report Post Tip

re-reading this thread has inspired me to download duolingo again and see if I can give Spanish another go.

Although reading through the replies i'm also tempted to try some languages ive never even attempted before lol.

Report Post Tip

No

Report Post Tip

i cant even remember how many times ive tried to use this app lol but i always end up losing interest!

i think ive learned a bit from it though

Report Post Tip
I've learned a few phases in a few languages but I have never put in the effort to learn other language.
I think I would like to learn Portuguese however.
Report Post Tip

I'm currently learning how to speak Irish Gealic on Duolingo, it's been a struggle to stay motivated, but I'm trying to force myself to continue learning, and one day I know I'll finally learn it lol.

Report Post Tip
I’ve tried to use Duolingo, which I’ve found good for learning words and phrases but the difficulty came with maintaining conversations as my experience of the app is that doesn’t have the facility to practice conversations
Report Post Tip

It’s definitely very easy to use and I think easy to stay motivated to use too.
I just run out of time in the days but used to try and just get half hour an evening on there and definitely helped a lot.

Report Post Tip

I have been using it on and off for a few years to learn italian. My problem is staying consistent. I get a two week streak then life happens and I forgot about it and ignore all the reminders it sends me

Report Post Tip

Using an app like DuoLingo to learn a new language is cheap, easy and convenient. I'll be honest though I would prefer to learn a language in person as I feel that is how I learn best. I've tried the app a couple of times but not really made huge amounts of progress with it.

Report Post Tip
I’ve previously used Duolingo and I wasn’t a fan. So I have since started using Busuu which on top of teaching you the languages, connects you with native speakers so that they can ‘mark’ your work and give you feedback. It’s quite a nice feature.
Report Post Tip

I’ve been learning French and Spanish for like 6 years. I can’t remember to keep up, but I really want to learn these two languages bad! But just time it’s not enough hours in the day. 

Report Post Tip

I use it on and off. I really need to stick to doing it daily. I agree with many of the comments and general consensus about immersion driving the learning. My wife's native language is Portuguese (which I practice in Duolingo) - definitely helps living with a native speaker. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Do You DuoLingo?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL