Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 05:31:46
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Grand National 2011 Started by: AlabamaWorley on Apr 05, '11 21:46

Ok, so I debated where this would be best put, and as you can see i've opted for OOC to keep thiings simple.

For those of you that have no idea what this is, its the Uk National Horse race, one of the biggest horse racing events. There tends to be a lot of money flying around on it in real life and it seems almost everyone has a sweep or two on the go... So I figured, why not have one here?

There are 40 horses that run in the event, I will be selling these at $50,000 per horse. I will not be taking a cut for organising the event, though I will be purchasing a horse just like the rest of you! 70% of the takings will go to 1st place, 20% to 2nd and 10% to 3rd.

If a full card sells out and there is more demand still for another, I will offer the option of opening another card. Obviously keeping seperate pots but the winnings would remain the same.

For anyone unsure of how a sweep works, you simply pay the fee for A horse, I will then select a horse at random for you and give you the name of the horse. People can start requesting their horse now and can pick a max of 2 horses per person (per card), the horses will be assigned to people on Thursday after the official announcment of those horses running (the line up can sometimes change slightly).

Well, I think i've covered everything. If anyone has a question, feel free to ask here or mail me directly, either is fine. And if anyone would like to see a list of the horses that are in the line up currently, http://www.grand-national.me.uk/grandnationalrunners.php , has a full list and even a helpful guide as to the chances of each horse.

Dont despair if you enter and get a horse with a slim chance, its a long course and a lot of horses fall, it could be your lucky day!!

Report Post Tip

If by some miracle we don't sell all the horses, and a horse that hasn't been purchased wins, it'll fall to the next person in line.

As its a very popular event though im somewhat confident of it selling out. Just thought id throw that out there incase anyone was curious.

1st request in already, only 39 now remaining.

Report Post Tip

Ok, just to clarify.. i've had a few folk request a particular horse, I am not taking bets on the horses as such, this is a sweepstake, each person is given a random horse and they simply buy a ticket, the winnings are divided as shown above to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Apologies for any confusion.

Report Post Tip

Count me in!

Report Post Tip

This is great, I always enjoy the grand national. Could you post a list of the horses, I always like to pick a horse with a name I like the look of.

Report Post Tip

Horses are shown in the link in the original post, Mr Snatcha! Though sadly we can't "pick" a horse, its a sweep which means you are given a random horse.

I've had a few folk ask how I will draw these random horses, so to clarify for everyone, I organise this sweep every year at work so when I do the draw in my place of work in RL, I will also assign the horses chosen by my colleagues to those here in Mafia. This will be done in order of purchase. i.e., the first person that bought a ticket here, will be given the first horse drawn in my work.

Obviously this has an element of trust to it, though lets face it regardless of how anyone tried to fix a horse race like this, they couldn't. While there are favourites, they are by no means certs to win as history has shown in this event. So I would like to think people here could put their trust in me that their horse will be given to them fairly, I have no advantage to gain by attempting to fix this and I am taking no % of the takings as I intend to (or now have) purchase my quota of 2 tickets.

Several tickets have already gone, so anyone that is interested please note you will only be added to my list when I receive your cold hard cash, and as this determines when you are drawn from the hat I would advise you all to get the cash in ASAP, later you leave it the less chance of a good horse being picked for you!

Report Post Tip

I'll have 2 please.

Report Post Tip

Anyone that wants a horse, please send me the money. Only once I have the money can I add you to the list, as this is the order in which the horse will be drawn.

Drawing has begun and I will be in touch soon with those who have already purchased tickets.

Report Post Tip

All right boys and girls I got my horses so go get yours!!!!

Report Post Tip

Thanks Winter! :D

A lot of horses have gone, but there are still a lot left, and lot of the favourites are still in the mix!!

Report Post Tip

I'll take 2 myself

Report Post Tip

I'll take 5. I'll send the money shortly.

Report Post Tip

Due to a surprising lack of demand, I decided to remove the 2 horse limit. In a surprising turn again, one individual decided to bet pretty big at this point. All horses are now gone and I wish everyone the best of luck for the event;

01. Don't Push It - DurzoB
02. Tidal Bay - Pimp_Katie
03. What A Friend - Enzyte
04. Vic Venturi - Pimp_Katie
05. Majestic Concorde - DurzoB
06. Or Noir De Somoza - Enzyte
07. Dooneys Gate - Eagle
08. Big Fella Thanks - Benton_Frazer
09. The Tother One - JessicaRabbit
10. Ballabriggs - DurzoB
11. The Midnight Club - TheRealStapled
12. Niche Market - Dash
13. Silver By Nature - JessicaRabbit
14. Backstage - Oldboy
15. Chief Dan George - Eagle
16. Calgary Bay - Enzyte
17. Killyglen - Dash
18. Oscar Time - Winter_Light
19. Quinz - DurzoB
20. Northern Alliance - DurzoB
21. BecauseIcouldn'tsee - DurzoB
22. Comply Or Die - DurzoB
23. Quolibet - DurzoB
24. Grand Slam Hero - GiovanniTosco
25. Roll Along - Enzyte
26. State Of Play - Benton_Frazer
27. King Fontaine - AlabamaWorley
28. In Compliance - DurzoB
29. Hello Bud - AlabamaWorley
30. West End Rocker - DurzoB
31. Santa's Son - Enzyte
32. Bluesea Cracker - DurzoB
33. That's Rhythm - DurzoB
34. Surface To Air - Winter_Light
35. Piraya - DurzoB
36. Can't Buy Time - DurzoB
37. Character Building - DurzoB
38. Ornais - DurzoB
39. Arbor Supreme - DurzoB
40. Royal Rosa - Luca-Lombardo

For those of you that are not in the Uk and are unaware, the event takes place at 15.15 Mafia Time tomorrow, Saturday 9th April.

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $100,000 has been wired to AlabamaWorley from your account.

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $100,000 has been wired to EvilClown from your account.

Sorry Evil, all horses have now been taken!

Report Post Tip

Slight change to the line up as two horses withdraw and are replaced;

01. Don't Push It - DurzoB
02. Tidal Bay - Pimp_Katie
03. What A Friend - Enzyte
04. Vic Venturi - Pimp_Katie
05. Majestic Concorde - DurzoB
06. Or Noir De Somoza - Enzyte
07. Dooneys Gate - Eagle
08. Big Fella Thanks - Benton_Frazer
09. The Tother One - JessicaRabbit
10. Ballabriggs - DurzoB
11. The Midnight Club - TheRealStapled
12. Niche Market - Dash
13. Silver By Nature - JessicaRabbit
14. Backstage - Oldboy
15. Chief Dan George - Eagle
16. Calgary Bay - Enzyte
17. Killyglen - Dash
18. Oscar Time - Winter_Light
19. Quinz - DurzoB
20. Skippers Brig - DurzoB (Replaced Northern Alliance)
21. BecauseIcouldn'tsee - DurzoB
22. Comply Or Die - DurzoB
23. Quolibet - DurzoB
24. Grand Slam Hero - GiovanniTosco
25. Golden Kite - Enzyte (Replaced Roll Along)
26. State Of Play - Benton_Frazer
27. King Fontaine - AlabamaWorley
28. In Compliance - DurzoB
29. Hello Bud - AlabamaWorley
30. West End Rocker - DurzoB
31. Santa's Son - Enzyte
32. Bluesea Cracker - DurzoB
33. That's Rhythm - DurzoB
34. Surface To Air - Winter_Light
35. Piraya - DurzoB
36. Can't Buy Time - DurzoB
37. Character Building - DurzoB
38. Ornais - DurzoB
39. Arbor Supreme - DurzoB
40. Royal Rosa - Luca-Lombardo

Report Post Tip

Shame i didn't see this earlier. I would have been in for sure.

Just been bookies for my bets, hopefully i can win some real money, is much need for my beer tokens ;)

Good luck to all who have entered.

Report Post Tip

I could be wrong, but I reckon DurzoB has a good chance of winning! :P

Report Post Tip

Lolz, it sure looks that way, doesn't it!

Though if he doesn't, I think he'll be the must disappointed out of all of us!!

Report Post Tip

not really, even if i loose i still bet with money i can afford to loose...that loss is just the same as a night of friendly Inquisition poker (which i end up loosing anyway). Bet with you head, not over it

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Grand National 2011
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL