Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:47:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Licks & Sips Started by: Shirou on Jul 11, '20 13:00

Licks & Sips

Ice Cream Parlor

The shop at the corner of 6th Ave and Nine Mile Rd, opposite to the National Savings bank had been vacant for the past few months. Today it had colorful paper streamers and balloons decorated over the front entrance. The large glass window that faced the street had 'Licks & Sips - Ice Cream' painted on it in bright bold letters. Shirou had leased the store from the old man who owned the property the day after Holli_Would agreed to be his business partner. The next few weeks had been spent remodeling the place. Talia, their boss bore the brunt of the remodeling fee. The drug empire she ran was in need of an efficient distribution system and an ice cream truck provided the perfect cover.

Inside the shop, half a dozen tables were arranged neatly in two rows for customers to enjoy their sweet treats. A wide, marble top counter with bar stools in front of it was installed at one end. Soda fountains, soft serve machines and freezers were located well behind the counter. The menu could also be found behind the counter which had the following items. 

MENU

Sundaes

Banana Split, Hot Butterscotch, Hot Fudge, Maple Walnut.

Floats

Caramel Apple, Orange Sherbet, Raspberry Patch, Root Beer.

Cones

Butter Almond, Mint Chocolate Chip, Pistachio, Strawberry, Vanilla.

Fountain Drinks

Cream Soda, Dr Pepper, RC Cola

Specials

Ask at the counter for our weekly specials.

Shirou stood outside the entrance and in his hand he firmly grasped the keys to the establishment. He scanned the street for signs of Holli and he spotted her in the distance, walking towards him. "Morning partner," he said in a cheerful tone as she approached him. "Are you ready for the big day?" He extended his hand and placed the bunch of keys in her hand. "I want you to do the honors. Let's open Licks and Sips for business."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Holli was surprised when Shirou approached her with his idea for his new business venture, and even more so when he asked her to be his partner. She had zero experience but what the heck, it sounded like fun and she wanted to help out her good friend. The weeks leading up to the Grand Opening were busy and exciting, the days filled with planning the menu and taste testing all the products they would be serving.

Finally opening day arrived. Holli met Shirou outside the entrance of their new establishment. "Good morning to you too, partner," she said, beaming. "Well this is it. Everything we planned. Let's do this!" She took the ring of keys he handed her and unlocked the entrance door. As she opened it, the little silver bell above the door rang for the first time. She was certain that it would ring many, many more times. Holli held the door open to allow Shirou to enter and with an excited flourish exclaimed, "Lick & Sips" is officially open for business!!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Cepheus was wondering what was new in the Detroit business sector these days. Having made a lot of wealth with his flattened cakes he was ready and willing to go spread the wealth in other eateries around the town, and so his first stop was to the weirdly named establishment called Licks & Sips which seemed to specialize in various cold drinks. Not being one to indulge in sweets for the most part he at first nearly skipped over this place, but could not bring himself to do so. Everyone deserves a chance.

Entering the place he looked around and decided to give a Sundae a try. Hopefully the ice cream wouldn't have his lactose intolerance acting up too much and the taste would make up for the pain later on. Going to the counter he dropped a few dollars down and pointed at the words 'Banana Split' and nodded.

"I'll take one of those, thanks."

Report Post Tip

The place had barely opened and they had already got their first customer which delighted Shirou. The gentleman ambled over to the counter and he took his sweet time before ordering off the menu.

"Banana Split sundae? Right away," Shirou replied and turned around to prepare the dessert. He grabbed a wide glass bowl and placed a spliced banana in it. On top of it he placed a couple of scoops of ice cream. Over that he squirted some chocolate syrup. Finally he sprinkled it with some nuts and placed a cherry on top to decorate it.

"Hey, are you not the guy who runs the pancake shop nearby," Shirou asked him as he placed the dish in front of him. "I have always wanted to try out that place. Anyway enjoy your sundae and if you need anything else please let me know," he smiled at the man.

Report Post Tip

It had been a little while since Talia made her rounds in the business district in her beloved home city of Detroit. The city had been good to her over the years, things had gotten a ton better even more recently. With the help of JohnnyCage the pair seized control over all cocaine distribution within the city. Authorized to peruse the operations, she set up shop in 12th Street. The move pushed Talia into the underground spotlight.

As her operations grew so did the need to launder money and move product. 

When approached by some new associates, Shirou and Holli about a business idea. They explained it as an ice cream parlor of sorts that could be used as a front to move product and money. It was a brilliant idea and with a bit of funding on her part their plan began. It wasn’t until a couple weeks later that she got word the place was opened. 

Having a couple hours of downtime, Talia grabbed Samantha from the house and headed down to Licks & Sips.

She didn’t announce that she was coming but figured she’d be welcomed with opened arms. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Move up a bit. To the left. A bit more. No, too much. Down. To the left. Yes, that's the spot. Perfect!"

Just then, the silver bell above the front entrance jingled. Holli turned away from the worker who had just hung a poster advertising the Special of the Week. She was pleasantly surprised to see the boss lady herself, Talia, walk in. She turned back to the worker. "Joe, thanks for the help. Go tell Shirou that Talia is here please, then take fifteen."

Holli then quickly walked over to greet her boss and gave her a big hug, beaming. "Good evening, Talia. Welcome to Licks & Sips! Shirou is just out back overseeing today's shipment, if you would like to have that tour. I sent someone to go get him, he should be right along."

Report Post Tip

Shirou signed for the latest shipment of ice cream that was just delivered when he noticed Joe approach him. Joe relayed the news that Talia, his boss was waiting in the parlor. Shirou handed the box of ice cream over to Joe and hurried inside. He noticed Holli chatting with Talia and another woman who was unfamiliar to him. He walked over to the three of them and shook Talia's hand. 

"Welcome to our store boss, what do you think of the place. Neat eh?," he smiled and looked around the place. A single customer was seated at the far table. Not wanting to be overheard, he lowered his voice. "The new ice cream truck should be here by tomorrow or the day after . As we discussed, I have fitted it with an extra hidden compartment." he paused for a few seconds then resumed talking in his normal tone." Oh where are my manners. You must be parched, let me get you ladies a drink."

Shirou went behind the counter, grabbed four tall glasses and added a scoop of vanilla ice cream into each of them. Next he went to the soda fountain and filled each of them to the brim with root beer. After placing the glasses in a tray he carried them over to the women. "Have a taste, that's the best root beer float you will ever have," he bragged and took a sip from the glass.

Report Post Tip

"Wow! Ice cream!" vGoddess almost shouted in delight before realising she was in the middle of the streets. Lowering her voice, with the same amount of excitement, she sang, "Ice cream, I scream!" and entered the icecream shop happily like a little kid.

Her eyes widened on seeing the different varieties of ice cream in front of her.

"Hello, can I get a Hot Fudge Sundae and... what's this week'a special?"

Report Post Tip

Foamy, excited by the potential in the title, walks in expectantly

then walks out again when it appears it isn't an adult squirrel establishment

shouldn't do that to an old rodent!

Report Post Tip

It was a really warm day and Overdrive needed something to cool down with, so he decided to check out Licks & Sips. He took a quick gander at the menu before spotting something that caught his eye, he smiled.

"I'd like a root beer float and a RC cola please."

He stands there with a big smile on his face.

Report Post Tip

With the arrival of the new customers, Shirou excused himself from the group. He greeted vGoddess with a smile and replied, "Sure I can get you that sundae right away. And this week's special is banana cream pie with whipped cream on top. Let me know if you would like a piece." It took him only a few minutes to get the hot fudge sundae ready. He added a cherry on top of it and placed the dessert in front of her.

The bell at the door dinged as another customer walked in. "A root beer float and RC cola coming right up," Shirou repeated the order and went about preparing the dish. Once he was done he carried both glasses and presented it to Overdrive. "If you need anything else lemme know."

Something scurrying across the floor caught his eye and he was shocked to see a squirrel in the shop. "How did that get in here," he exclaimed. Was it after the nuts? Shirou grabbed a broom and jumped out from behind the counter but before he could get to it, the critter ran out the door and into the streets.

Report Post Tip

Overdrive pays for his root beer float and brings it over to a table and starts to enjoy it, it was just what he needed this warm day.

"Thank you sir."

This was the perfect treat for this warm day.

Report Post Tip

vGoddess picks up the spoon and digs into the sundae. She puts it into her mouth and it melts. With icecream in her mouth, she speaks.

"Yes yes bring me the pie... no not a slice. Entire pie please." Saying this she continues eating.

Report Post Tip

"The entire pie?" Shirou asked in disbelief.

"I hope Holli_Would has baked extra pies," Shirou mumbled and transferred the entire pie which sat in a glass case onto a large plate. He took it to vGoddess, "Here you are miss, enjoy."

Report Post Tip

"...and this week's Special is Banana Cream Pie, which is absolutely delicious! You really have to try it, Talia. The recipe is Shirou's.... Well I helped him come up with it. Did you know that he is a chef? I swear, that man has so many hidden talents!"

Holli led her boss to the long counter where the pie was showcased, and was surprised to see the glass case empty.

"Oh! Good thing I have extras in the back. Please have a seat, enjoy your root beer float. I'll be right back!" Holli promised, hurrying towards the back of the shop.

Report Post Tip

As Dawn walked into Licks & Sips she wondered if the days could get any hotter.  Shirou definitely had a genius mind when he opened his ice cream shop.   When she walked in it had unquestionably become the hottest cool spot in the area.  She saw Holli_Would and waved to her and even the Bosslady Talia had found time out of busy day come in and enjoy the refreshing sweet treat and Dawn stopped to say hello to her.

Dawn made her way to the marble top counter and sat down on a bar stool.  She ordered a root beer float, then opened her briefcase and pulled out some papers.  She was reviewing her paperwork when the waitress returns with her drink.  As she sipped on the root beer float she thought she had died and gone to heaven it tasted so good.  It was filled with vanilla ice cream with a touch of whipped cream on the top. She had to laugh at herself when she dived into the whip cream and got it all over her lips.  After licking most of it off her lips she quickly picks up her napkin and cleared off the rest.  She sat looking over her papers and sipping on the rest of the float watching others come and goes.

Dawn was debating about ordering another one and decided her poor figure couldn’t tolerate too much more of those delicious calories.  She paid the waitress and just couldn’t resist, she ordered one to go.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Holli walked back into the shop front carefully carrying the last banana cream pie. As she walked to the counter, she saw Dawn and waved back, almost dropping the pie! She did a quick shuffle and thankfully was able to save it from landing on the floor, but in the process, some of the cream ended up all over the front of her dress.

She had to laugh at herself, she being a dancer, serving pies and running a business. Who would have thought! Well Shirou had faith in her and it seemed that business was going really good. The shop was busy selling ice cream by day and secretly moving product for the boss by night. Of course the current heat wave certainly helped! She was relieved that Shirou was looking after the cocaine aspect of the business. The new truck had come in the day before and made the operation run so much smoother.

Once the pie was safely under it's glass cover, Holli walked over to one of the tables where a young couple had just left. She picked up their dirty glasses and was walking back when she spotted Joe coming in from the back.

"Joe, just the person I needed to see. I will need your help again to put up the next Special of the week poster."

"Sure Holli, what's the new special going to be?" Joe asked.

"Shirou and I came up with our own recipe. A sweet and salty concoction of almonds and honey, cut into squares, served with fresh whipped cream and plump raspberries. It's totally irresistible! I bet it will do even better than the banana cream pie. Anyway, I just need to run home and change out of this sticky dress then we can get it up."

Holli being Holli didn't notice poor Joe's jaw drop.

Report Post Tip

Dawn thought to herself that this is going to be a problem as she walked out of the candy store into the ice cream parlor.  It was way too close for her just to hop in and wondered how all the extra calories were going to affect her in the long run.

When she walked in she saw @Holli-Would talking to a few customers and Shirou behind the counter blowing little bubbles with his bubble gum.  She just smiled to herself.  She walked up to the counter:

Hey there Shirou do you think you can take a little concentration  off that bubble gum and place an order for a root beer float for me.  He just laughed as he yelled out one root beer float please.

Shirou brought her root beer float and sat it down in front of her then leaned over and blew one large bubble.  Dawn wanted so badly to bust it with her finger but he scooped it back into his mouth really fast. Just like her advertisement said the candy shop can really bring the kid out in you.

Report Post Tip

Holli was busy bussing the tables after a busy lunch rush. Seemed that the heat was bringing in the customers and everyone wanted a treat to cool off with. She waved at a group of construction workers who were just leaving when she saw Dawn walk in and seat herself at what was becoming "her spot". 

"Hey Girl! Coming in for your root beer float? You're becoming our best customer! Might not be such a good thing you just being next door, " Holli joked. "I'm sure you will be seeing plenty of Shirou and I in your shop too."

Just then, Shirou blew the biggest bubble. He had been chewing that gum since their meeting earlier. Holli read Dawn's intentions on her face, saw her hesitate then change her mind. The next time that he blew another large bubble, Holli didn't hesitate. She stuck her finger in the middle of that bubble and it popped loudly, all over Shirou's surprised face.

Both women broke into a fit of giggles. Yes, it really did bring out the kid in you.

Report Post Tip

Tristan walked into Licks and Sips with Marcus and Alvarez.  He was looking for Holli_would.  He didnt see her so he ordered a brandy neat.  They sat a table drinking and talking about the night.  Marcus was excited as he was talking with a new woman.   Alvarez was riding high off a job he just pulled without working hard for it.   He saw a truck driver walk away from his load and he just hoped in an drove off.  

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Licks & Sips
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL