Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:35:25
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Death of a "Tyrant" Started by: ThaProducer on Mar 04, '08 00:13
The Producer walks through the streets and stands on the famous soap box to address the masses. He tosses away his cigarette into a near by trashcan. A few seconds pass and he realizes the trash is on fire. He smiles due to his love of fire and returns to address the masses.

My fellow Mafiosi, I come here today because we have lost a great man. Altitude died in the line of fire from a bullet of his enemy. This loss is great and will leave many in mourning. Altitude was a good friend of mine, and also a great leader.

He was killed before his time. He did great things for this world and didn't deserve to die; he has so much more to offer. Altitude was on the way to bringing Philadelphia back to the glory days of old.

He will be greatly missed. Like him or not, you have to admit he was doing a damn good job.

Thanks for giving me your time, but I am done now, and you may carry on with what you were doing.

The Producer jumps off the soap box and lights another cigarette.
Report Post Tip
Cam steps on the stool nest to him, and starts to speak

Yes yes yes, you are right, Altitude was much more than a leader, he was a father to some people, he believed in peoples when they didn't even believe in themselves.

I know I will truly miss Altitude, but everyone has to go at some point, I just wish it wasn't this soon....

And everyone know that Altitude is looking down on us at some point..

Cam steps off the stool, and wipes a tear from his eye, as he walks off
Report Post Tip
*steps up, eyes bloodshot from the trears streaming down his face, cheeks as red as a rose on a sunny day*

What a sad day..a great family losing a great leader..

Altitude taught me many things, he taught me not to take life so serious, to grab chances as they come and to not let them fly past, to respect life, to treat it with dedication and care for you never know when it will end, most of all, he taught me that there are still excellent and loyal leaders around today.

*drops a flower on the floor and walks away*
Report Post Tip
I do not know who was spearheading the slaughter against Jack, I do know however that it was exactly that, a slaughter.

Jack could have been taken out if the powers that be saw fit to do so and his members re-recruited, instead alot of lives were destroyed, lives that dedicated themselves to Omerta and were never given the chance to move past anything more than just money makers.

It wasn't necessary.
Report Post Tip
Tito-Licata

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but I was under the impression that when a family goes to war, it becomes a "family" event and not just 1 on 1 between two leaders..but with the entire family?
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with Vassili on this one. A war is between familes, not between two people. If the Family Head is being taken down, so will his members.
Report Post Tip
This one seems a little lopsided to me. Was it really necessary to slaughter a young crew like that? Where they afraid of Jacks big bad earners coming to get them?
Report Post Tip
I believe it was more the principle of the matter. It did not matter whether JOH had a crew full of Made Men or a crew full of goombas. The man did something that displeased PrinceofCheese and the late Altitude and they saw fit to remove him from the position he was in.

Being a "threat" had hardly anything to do with this matter. I believe it came down to 'respect'. This is why the 'young crew' as you put it was killed.

Getting back on track... rest in peace, Altitude. You will be missed much more than you will ever know.
Report Post Tip
BrokenMan

Sarcastic remarks are very petty and stupid, i'm sure thewar happend because Jack's g-string was the wrong colour..orperhaps Altitude heard thevoice'sin hishead again...

Whatever the reason, both leaders are now dead, so perhaps we can leave the assumptions alone?
Report Post Tip
Yeah, it really looks like a war. A war is a conflict between two factions.

I didn't realize it was customary during a 'war' that while the members of a family are being taken out during their sleep the boss is in a totally different city being attacked also.

Those members were decent, hard working people who would have done any crew proud should they have been able to been re-recruited.

None posed a threat, they were no-where near their boss and were asleep.

I mean, if this was on the other side people would be whining about it but as always the rules and whats 'acceptable' in this society seem to change all the time so I don't know what the hell chance I've got of making a valid point and people for once saying, "Well yeah, maybe that could have happened" instead of hammering home the same lines that they would hate to hear if it was them trying to stick up for the same dam thing.

For example, "It's a war"
Report Post Tip
"None posed a threat, they were no-where near their boss and were asleep."

*pointsto Angel's reply*

She says it all.
Report Post Tip
I meant no disrespect, two crew leaders are dead and this is neither the time nor place for an argument, I merely felt that some validity need be lent to Mr. Lacata's point. I hope that both leaders rest in peace and it is a shame that they had to die before their respective times, but I still feel that a wholesale slaughter on the part of the aggressors was not necessary over a dispute between gentlemen. I will leave it at that and you to your mourning.
Report Post Tip
Indeed, I too see this as just a pointless attempt at saving some dignity and respect for those who were taken needlessly.

The dispute was not how he had brought up his members, or how they were acting, or what they were saying, this was a conflict on interests between Jack and other parties.

((I recall an attempt on Vito's life simply because he didn't want to go in on the drugs deal with Sollozzo, not an entire war. Why just Vito? Becasue they needed the families connections. Those members of Jack's slain were some of the finest mobsters I have worked with on this game, they would have done an amazing job elsewhere. The Godfather is my Bible.))
Report Post Tip
In our world, the Family Head represents the family. If he does something to disrespect his fellow family heads, it's not only on his shoulders. It is on the entire families, whether they had anything to do with the disrespect or not. It is called a "Family" for a reason. The reason the Jack was killed is the same reason that his family was killed.
Report Post Tip
Just to bring forward my last point to this thread regarding the comment abount attacking when the members were sleeping, is that not the best time to attack?

When you go into war, you go into it to win, you will attack when you enemy least expects it and when their defence is down, that is while they sleep.

Other than that..i'm done :)
Report Post Tip
you guys are missing the point. Altitude Suck now he is dead have a party.
Report Post Tip
Many are upset. Many are thrilled. Few are indifferent.

Counts for something I guess.
Report Post Tip
I came out here to honor a good friend of mine that has passed; not to argue about the most recent war. So please...if you don't have anything nice to say about Altitude please keep it to yourself, or at least not come to a congregation I have brought forth for my reasons. At least have that much respect.
Report Post Tip
If you mean me, I meant no disrespect. I'm more direct when I have something bad to say. Nor would I ever talk bad about a corpse.

What I meant is few people have the clout, fame, whatever, to conjure up such strong opinions from everyone. He clearly had that. And it counts for something.
Report Post Tip
No, no, no. I wasn't talking about you Bruno. I was talking about the others that came here to argue about why the war was started and why JackOfHearts members were killed, etc.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Death of a "Tyrant"
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL