Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 06:49:57
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Newbie on the street. Started by: MaryMarabell on Sep 10, '20 19:51
I read through many articles in loads of papers here on the street and mny people seem to be upset.
Seems to me that if things are to change, I myself would start with something simple.

I read about what people call a SR...aka I found out this means shot report.

If people are lying about it why not just omit it.
I mean I am sure everyone shoots on these streets and a simple yes I can kill that guy or no I can't is all that is needed once you know your own guns abilities.

To me it will be a personal thing so why would I share it.

Sometimes a little change can help many things.

Just an opinion from a new view point.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

As all opinions are appreciated, I just don't believe that the world we live in will ever allow for this. There are just way to many jealous people who will try to overthrow. Those at the top, do what they have to do to protect their investments. That's all it essentially comes down to.

But like I said, your opinion is appreciated, just not practical in this world and  you wouldn't know this because you are new and don't know the history.

Report Post Tip
As much as I agree with you on not knowing the history here, I can tell when something is broken.

I am just offering a solution to some of the problems.
Report Post Tip

I thank you MaryMarabell! It is appreciated that you're trying to start a conversation. I guess we will see what the future holds.

Report Post Tip
I would like to see a few other people reply to my poster on the street.
They are many others that can write an opinion.
Take the opportunity.
It wouldn’t ever happen. Honestly, it wouldn’t even be a consideration. I can understand where you’re coming from, but unfortunately it’s not something that would happen.
Report Post Tip
Depending on who is in charge I would guess. And if they bad the balls to make it happen.
Change can occur even if there is opposition. Even in places like this.
Report Post Tip

Thank you MaryMarabell for bringing up an interesting topic. I think that shot reports exist for various reasons but one of the main ones is protection/security. One of the responsibilities of a crew leader and their hands is to protect their city and members. A shot report allows these people to know who they can trust for certain roles during a war and enables them to think strategically during tough times.

Your idea of just telling your crew leader what you can and can't shoot would rely on everyone knowing how to track their marksmanship and understanding what their skill means in relation to everything else. The truth is a lot of people in this thing of ours do not know how to do this.

Report Post Tip
Would not teaching the family members how to do this better the chance of a strong relationship and family.
Trust should go both ways in educating those beanth you.
Report Post Tip
Indeed trust should go both ways.
Report Post Tip
So when people are educated in the proper way as a Crew Leader you should be able to trust those beneath you to do the right thing.

Would not that make a better family

I'm not asking for perfection but at least if I were a Crew Leader and I told my family that SR are not needed here. Would not that instill trust in the family.

It is something to think about, is it not.
Report Post Tip

There's been a lot of discussion about why SRs are bad, but they aren't always a negative.

Good hitters are the ones that usually get protected as a priority - both BGs and pros. If a war breaks out, it's extremely helpful to have a list collated, so a HSL can organise an attack, prioritising targets with suitable guns. If a large Delaware contingent hits our shores, it's the hitters that get the telegrams. None of that would happen without a SR logged.

Personally, I don't really care about submitting a SR, because a hitter is worth their weight in gold, so most CLs won't execute a proficient hitter without a very solid reason... sharing your city's SRs is where the issue arises for me tbh, although if a regime has the power to enforce it, tough titties son.

Report Post Tip
Thats another problem then isn't it.

Should cities share shot reports.

I would say "NO"

How else can different people have a chance to rule
Report Post Tip

I already said I don't actually agree with that, but it's not my decision to make, and if the city heads feel comfortable with that arrangement, then that's how it is.

If you think you could run the country better, then by all means, rank up and take control and you can run shit however you like. As it stands this group have managed to secure control of the country, so they're running it how they deem fit - as is their right.

Report Post Tip

I think that's the main point, this thing of ours isn't a democracy. It's completely up to the regime in power to make those decisions and they are always going to make whatever decisions support them the most. In this case knowing shot reports is very beneficial to those in power. 

Report Post Tip
I'm not here to argue a certain point.

I am just trying to say there are other ways to make things work.

One way is not any better than the next.
Report Post Tip

I know Mary, and we're not trying to discourage you, simply explaining the situation, how it has come about and the ramifications. As it stands one group has consolidated control, and are currently able to make whatever laws they desire (within the purview of what the Gods allow).

Alright I understand that.

I just see so many people complaining and others saying they lie about their SR.

So all I am saying is there could be other things put in place to alleviate some of the tension about the SR.
Report Post Tip

There is nothing that could be put in place to alleviate the tension, and I'll tell you why. As Cinnamon has already said, Shot Reports are part of the life blood of who things are run. Its how the leaders work out their best hitmen, assign targets, assign pro shots and plan their wars. If we outlawed Shot Reports, then wars would be a free for all, and probably a damn sight more bloody than they already are. If the Gods outlawed shot reports, it would change nothing, because then mistrust would be greater, with every leader taking out every other leader they saw as a threat every few weeks, and those in their families they did not trust. We see this already when people are caught lying on their Shot reports, or don't bother filling one in. They are held back, or killed. If there were no Shot Reports, leaders would just work off how old you are. The average person can easily kill 6 people per day. A person who is determined to train can easily do 10 or 12 in a day. Whilst the dedicated pros can easily do 16-20 kills in a day. So now your enemy simply says, they have been in the Mafia 20 days, I have to assume they have killed between 120 and 400 people... oh that puts my LHM at risk, I better kill that potential threat.

So were do you go now? Do you ask the Gods to erase the time information from our sight so that we don't know how long someone outside your family has been in the mob? Still easy to work out. I look and see that my potential target joined around the same time as member x and member y. So I ask them how long they have been in the mob, or I look that up on my HQ crew list. So now I know my potential target is between 16 and 22 days old. Wanting to protect my family, I'm going to go with 22 days as an assumption. So again we arrive at a figure of 132 kills to 440 kills. What next, do we ask the Gods to jumble up that information too, so that we no longer have a linear projection? That can be circumvented too, and the more information you remove from the equation, and the more assumptions you add into it, the more you raise the paranoia levels and they more that potential target becomes a legitimate target.

Cities tend to end up as alliances under one Godfather or Godfather Chairman, so they tend to share Shot Report information between districts to enable the city to function better during wars. In this instance, a lot of the top men appear on the surface to have an alliance of some sort, so they may or may not be sharing that information even between Cities. There isn't a system that can replace this. As a leader you need to know who has your back when the chips are down or you are making a move to consolidate your position. Sure you could do away with exact calculations, but you would still need people at a very minimum to tell you, I am not training my gun, or I can shoot a well protected Mademan, and that is still a shot report of sorts. 

At the end of the day, this is the mafia, and people die, In fact in the last few months alone My Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather, and Great Great Grandfather have died. So why am I not out on the streets crying that I am being purged, that its all Grin's fault, or it was Cohle's fault, or that its because we are sharing Shot Report information? I'll tell you why, its because for about 100 generations now my family has be La Cosa Nostra, and we know that there is only one way this ends. If the idea of dying upsets you (this is you the majority, not you the singular), then I suggest you take up Chicken Farming, or Goat Milking, or perhaps train driving and leave the life of crime to the big boys and girls.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Good explanation of how things are.

With one fault I see. People die here even without shooting one day in their life.

So to say that a person "could have" this powerful of gun is a knee jerk reaction of paranoid people.

I am sure there are loads of people here that maybe only shoot once a day. So at 40 days I would believe that they couldn't hit the side of a barn if they were in it.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Newbie on the street.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL