Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 14:52:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Purging VS. Bloodlining Started by: MaryMarabell on Sep 11, '20 17:34

I have read a few more things in the past day and I am just wondering what the difference is between Blood-lining  and Purging.

It seems to me that they could be one in the same.

To purge : To get rid of something that is not wanted or needed or threaten ones idea of perfection.

Blood-Lining : To get rid of unwanted people who have caused you ill will in the past.

Please explain what you see as a difference between the two of these.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

That's more or less it, except Bloodlining is actually the repeated killing of a family line, and can be for no other reason than the person doing it finds it funny.

Report Post Tip

However is not Blood-Lining against the rules of the gods.

So is purging not the same?

Report Post Tip

You know of the identity of the person you are bloodlining, their lineage, their ancestors and are getting rid of them for reasons based on actions in the past from that lineage.  What is termed 'purging' refers to removal of people your family line has had no historical action with that you are aware of based upon age and the assumed possible training strength that accompanies time spent in this world. 

Report Post Tip

That is an interesting way to put it Steve.

Report Post Tip

That is an interesting way to put it Steve.

Thank you, I did however slightly mis-speak.  I still need to have my morning coffee so there is a slight correction, historical interaction, not action. 

Report Post Tip

This has been explained before, a few times in various places. But, for the sake of clarity, I'll explain it again.

Bloodlining is an act of hatred toward one particular lineage. The person/s performing the bloodlining will relentlessly hunt and kill every new arrival from the chosen lineage as soon as they find them. The sole objective of this process is to dishearten the targeted lineage to the point that they stop trying to make a life for themselves here and never return. 

It's a horrible practice and thankfully almost never seen.

Purging is the act of killing people based solely on their age. As the laws from city hall have evolved, the traces that people leave from their actions have been decreasing over time until now, there are none. In times gone by regimes could gather witness statements and various other things that would give them a general idea of who was a threat and who really wasn't. In those times regimes could allow people to live very long lives as it was possible to gather evidence of their innocence. Also, the people that were a threat could be (to an extent) measured and the significance of the threat they posed, could be measured.

These days there is absolutely no way to measure or make informed estimations about any one person's intention or action. Therefore the regimes you see these days are forced to work on the horrible principal of 'what is possible'. We have no idea who X,Y and Z are but we know it is possible for a person to become a significant threat in a given amount of time. Only a few people have been capable of it but it remains 'what is possible'. Because we are not allowed to gather information or even ask who someone is, we have to work on the principal that they are all possible super-shooters, capable of the worst case scenario. Therefore purging happens, based on nothing but age. 

So long as the laws remain as they are, the practice will remain as it is. It's a very sad state of affairs but such as the laws we live by.

Anyway, that is the difference between bloodlining and purging. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Thank you Curtis for the explanation of the difference.

Report Post Tip
Looks like people run scare when the truth is spoken.
Bless you MaryMarabell for the small revolution.
Report Post Tip

Really surprised but not that surprised over what happened.

Report Post Tip

Well some people tend to talk tough but go crawl in a corner and cry when the truth hits them, or spout off that's not fair.  

Walking closer to the person speaking, Pepper nodded towards the people milling about.

I doubt the dearly departed MaryMarabell caused the Gods to strike down anyone.  No one forced those who were struck down to rattle off and certainly no one put words into their mouths.  

Also, perhaps more thorough talks with those we chose to be our leaders might be a wise choice.

Report Post Tip

I doubt the dearly departed MaryMarabell caused the Gods to strike down anyone.  No one forced those who were struck down to rattle off and certainly no one put words into their mouths.  

MaryMarabell didn't cause it, but Curtis's reply combined with their logs is what pushed it over the top.

When I was given previous logs, like a fool, I ignored them and thought no way would Curtis & Co be that stupid, yet again to do what they got killed for in the past. So I gave a 183th chance thinking that I was taking everything out of context.  Once again, I've been outplayed by my belief that sometimes people can play for fun rather than 'its only fun if everyone else loses'.  This simply is not the case.  As per the past, present, and future, I will execute everyone who states they will target the games sustainability, userbase, or me personally in order to torch it so they can be king of a pile of ash.

I'm a fucking fool for believing that you learned your lesson the last time when you said you would target the games income until I fold.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Squishy you aren't a fool.  Trying to believe the good in people and giving chances even if they used up their hundredth chance, just means you are a decent and nice person, not a fool.

They were the foolish ones thinking of themselves only and ruining the enjoyment of this world for people.

Report Post Tip

You are literally ridiculous.  The fact that you even look at "logs" send to you from OUTSIDE your game is beyond idiotic.  Seriously.  All of this is ridiculous.  All of it.  

Report Post Tip
The only logs you’ve got are the the giant ones you collect in your commode

I think serious accusations like that need the evidence brought forward to the administrative team and those the allegations are against. Otherwise we need to question the integrity of what’s being said here by the games coder, as if the current landscape is effecting the game coder’s income and the head coder just happened to stumble across logs (not the ones in the commode) that hint at targeting the game(coder)s income, then these need to be passed on to the administration team that said coder put in place to manage this sort of behaviour. These logs then need to be verified otherwise it’s likely they could very well be falsified, especially since a large portion of the site dislikes the two who were DD’d.

Unhappy site + loss of income = unhappy user base, unhappy coder/owner and trigger happy DDs. Am I wrong, Ozzy Creamcheese?
Report Post Tip
Eve cried and Curtis and grin died

Thanks for helping out Mary
Report Post Tip

Unhappy site = the userbase should correct it themselves.

Loss of income = I can handle it

Deliberate stating that they are targeting the income of the site to implode it unless I make changes = Uhh you're damn right I am stepping in.

I won't let a few bad apples try to implode the site intentionally because I won't bend to their will.  Its not that imploding the site is a side effect, no, it was the stated goal to hit me in the wallet until I bend.

Report Post Tip
Logs or it never happened. That is quite simply how I see it and I’m sure most others do, even if they dislike them. As when this sort of thing happens next time, the suspicion around how often the “logs” reason is being used for DDs is going to get louder and louder.

Look let’s be honest they’re a pain in the arse but they stick by the insane rules you throw in here, there and everywhere. I think that’s why although people dislike them they can’t deny their ability to not just play this game but win it. Isn’t that the whole idea? It’s not personal, it’s just business. Everyone’s in to win it. Do you think when I pay £500 for credits I just want to live for a month and then die? No I want to live for as long as I want to be on top for and I’ll protect that investment as I see fit within the game parameters and rules. It only makes sense or I’ll need to spend another £500 next time and I’d rather spend my money on nice things, like thongs for my lovely tush.
Report Post Tip

Achilles no problem, ask Curtis for all his logs.  If you feel you want to be all up in his business, he can share them with you.

Report Post Tip

I don't think my cents matter at this point, but if you create an environment where you are caused to be suspicious of everyones intentions, then that's kinda on you. Sure, you can't molly coddle everyone into a little bubble of tea cakes and picnics, but you can reduce the odds.

The more shit you throw around, then the more everyone gets covered in shit, including yourself. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Purging VS. Bloodlining
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL