Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:54:03
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Fear Started by: Serephina on Apr 21, '11 17:59

Serephina strolls up into the streets like she owned the place. In reality she was hiding the fact that she had no clue why she was brought to bring upon these words other than other people's hatred. Taking a deep breath she begins her speech.

People have told my bloodline time and time again that they hated it. That's fine. I am not here to harp on this but here is a thought. Hatred is based upon fear, whether you acknowledge it or not does not change the fact. Now many of you may be saying no but would you really have a clue subconsciously if you dont think about it? Now I don't mean fear in the sense that you may be thinking it. I do not mean you fear that my bloodline would take over or something silly llike that. There are different ways to fear things.

For instance, the one person I despise. I know I fear them not because they are scary but because they can do something I cannot. I'm at least woman enough to admit to that fault.

What I am not sure about though is how a majority can be so afraid of one person. Does it make you all feel better that you all can hate on the same person? What is it that you fear about them really? Is it that maybe they are exactly like they said and have changed? Are you too afraid to look behind your own shallow opinions of actions many months past?

To be completely honest I do not see why you feel the need to ruin a complete bloodline or attempt to run them off. It seems silly, doesn't it? I mean sure they fuck up sometimes and they know it. Sometimes really bad but how else are you to learn if you do not make the mistakes? I'm aware that many of you may be rolling your eyes at this point and honestly, you have not been there when the bloodline admits to fucking up. You have not seen them try to reason with themselves or others. You have not seen the apologies nor the behind the scenes conversations so are you really sure you are in a position to judge them so completely?

Serephina sighs as her time grows short.

Just take the time to think it over. I'm not saying that things will happen overnight but I am in a sort of way apologizing for the past sins of my bloodline and asking you to think over what it is you hate so much. I could tell you what it is I hate so much but would you listen?

Report Post Tip

Walking around town, Deadly spots a newcomer making a speech and stops to listen before responding.

In the words of a man a lot smaller and greener than myself, 'Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.'. So fear eventually leads to hate, but this does not mean that to hate someone you must fear them.

I have no idea who your 'bloodline' is and quite frankly I couldn't care less. Maybe though instead of coming out here and apologising for bloodline's past sins you should just... change? Just a thought.

Deadly tips his hat at the person and carries on his way.

Report Post Tip

"I mean sure they fuck up sometimes and they know it. Sometimes really bad but how else are you to learn if you do not make the mistakes?"

Everyone needs to make mistakes to learn, but when certain blood lines, make the same mistake over and over and over and over and over and over, they are obviously not learning anything.

"Hatred is based upon fear"

Sure I can buy that, my fear is that it will become socially acceptable to be a complete fuck wit, that it will become accetpable to do whatever you like and be a terrible blood line.

I also fear someone of such tainted blood line could con their way into my city, and institute their cancer ways and dirty my city city.

I am a very understanding, and forgiving person, i like to give everyone a chance, but there are some people out there who don't deserve chances anymore, they have been given 100,000 chances and spit back in the face of the person who gave them that chance everytime.

Take the melis blood line for example, can anyone honestly say 1 good thing she has accomplsihed, All her family line has accomplished is to taint themselves enough to be banned from my knowledge every city that has a mafia presence.

It takes years to build a reputation on your family line, and seconds to destroy it, and for some it was taken them years to build a shit reputation and they will never make it better.

"I'm not saying that things will happen overnight but I am in a sort of way apologizing for the past sins of my bloodline"

When people come and say sorry in the street i throw it in the trash, if you want to change dont tell me, show me.

Report Post Tip

Actions speak louder than words. Words fade into the wind, but your actions define you.

Report Post Tip

So nice to see some of the finest replying to a young thugs speech. Thank you both Godfather -Premeir and Mister DeadlySin. I pose a question to you both.

If such a bloodline could show you that they have changed would you allow them? From my understanding is that if you aren't willing to allow them to show you then what is left but words that they can say to everyone?

I understand what both of you are saying but it just seems the "I don't give a rats ass" attitude influences just how much showing they can do. Would it not?

Can you honestly say that you know every instance of every thing that has happened in a bloodline's journey to make the judgement that every time they have spit in the face of the chances they were given? Let me pose a situation if you will. If a bloodline had indeed changed and unfortunate circumstances had them killed. Would you assume it was their doing? Or would you  seek answers? or maybe leave it be without venturing enough to know of the situation but remain in your opinions of said person?

I just pose a few questions.

Report Post Tip

"If such a bloodline could show you that they have changed would you allow them? From my understanding is that if you aren't willing to allow them to show you then what is left but words that they can say to everyone?"

If a blood line as melis? No because she has been givien to many chances and has proved every single time she not only won't but can't change, people like her don't deserve anymore chances.

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me try to fool the life 1491490410 times shame on life for letting you come back

Report Post Tip

In order for her to fool you wouldnt she have to have worked for you? Otherwise that seems an unfair judgement since you wouldn't know her on an actual level but rather an outsider level and those never seem quite correct.

Report Post Tip

So, lets be clear here... Are you related to Melis?

If so, id give up the point at hand. As others have said, actions speak louder than words. I have never worked with the Melis bloodline, so know very little about her other than the opinions of others, but hey, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Report Post Tip

I am all for giving people a chance, especially if i have not worked with them before. You here of certain people and their bloodlines who are known for constantly fucking up and continuosly making a bad name for themselves. In some cases people can indeed change and the past can be out to bed.

As an example i give you the bloodline of Clipper. Almost everyone turned against him and he had nowhere to go, My great grandfather took him in and helped him along with my current RHM's bloodline who also gave him a chance. This is where we saw change in the behaviour of the individual, slowly but surely his bloodline was turned from major fuck-up to what he is now, which is i believe an invaluable asset to any city. Prime example for you right there. Hell when my forefather first came to these shores he was a complete fuckwit until somewhere along the line reality and sense kicked in. I changed the path of my bloodline just like old Clip did.

It really is in your own hands to change what you are are what people think of your bloodline. It might not be easy but if you really want it you can do it. With that i wish you and your bloodline every success.

Report Post Tip

To be totally honest. I think Prem hit the nail on the head with his response. But I'll throw in my two cents as well. Not that my word may mean to much to some. But I've been around long enough to have a damn good idea about how things work within this thing of ours.

Now I don't know who you are or what your bloodline has done to make you come out here and make such a speech. Do I understand the point of the speech, well yes. But do I believe that peoples hatred for somebody or something is out of fear? Maybe in specific situations. But mostly I think hatred comes from many other places. In this thing of ours it comes from such places as anger, betrayal, death, disagreements, and just dealing with people who fuck up a lot. 

"Does it make you all feel better that you all can hate on the same person?"

I honestly don't believe that it really make anybody feel much better to hate on the same person as many others. I'm sure that if you feel this way that you must have been given many chances and screwed them up. People don't hate one single person within our community without good reason. It is usually those who cause problems time and time again. So you shouldn't really question why so many may hate you or your bloodline when there aren't many reasons for such a thing. I do not think anybody is afraid. Just tired of dealing with the same old shit over and over again.

"To be completely honest I do not see why you feel the need to ruin a complete bloodline or attempt to run them off."

Well when people get tired of dealing with petty bullshit over and over again coming from the same bloodline then they won't want that bloodline to stick around in the community. Especially if that same bloodline causes problems within cities and with people from other cities. What leader would want that kind of problem within their HQ. None that I can really think of. Unless they just feel sorry for somebody. 

But if you really feel so bad about all of this and want it to stop. Then you should change your ways. This wouldn't happen unless you were doing something wrong. I'm not gonna say its right to try and run a bloodline off. Everybody has the right to live and try to move up in this thing of ours. But you have to really try hard and work at it if you're ever going to have such things stop. You really have to change and change for the better. That is the only way these things will end. You have to prove that you're trying and that you're changing. If not then it'll continue. Not really anything you can do except work at changing your ways. That is basically all I can see you hearing over and over again with the responses to such a speech. I've even covered some points already made. But I hope that you figure out what it is you need to do and just do it.

Report Post Tip

"In order for her to fool you wouldnt she have to have worked for you? Otherwise that seems an unfair judgement since you wouldn't know her on an actual level but rather an outsider level and those never seem quite correct."

What you dont seem to understand is that this is the image and the steroetype that you have portrayed for your bloodline and only have made it this way by the lack of any longevity, purley bacause of your bloodlines constant mistakes. So yes surley you have to respect that your are judged by the mafia world on your actions its very ignorant on your part not to think that this would happen, also any of the CL's that exsist right now have every right to judge your bloodline, why as a CL would you employ a bloodline like melis when the chances that she will fuck up?

Im all for giving everyone a fith chance but were not talking about a few mistakes here, were talking repeatedly dying it has come to the point that when melis dies its a joke because everybody is now half exepcting it, plus i find it slighlty pretentious that you think a bloodline gets killed over and over again because of fear.

Report Post Tip

Fabiano-The-Bear, thank you for your wonderful reply. However, I am not suggesting that a bloodline is killed over fear. I am stating that people's hatred may be because of fear. I feel there is a difference here as I am certain not everyone gets killed just because they are hated. I did not say the deaths were because of hatred, in fact I did not even comment really on the dying all the time of the Melis bloodline.

Thank you Scipio also for your reply. It is interesting to me to see the throught process behind people. I do appreciate your thoughts on the questions I have asked.

AlabamaWorley I think you have hit the nail on the head with saying that everyone has opinions. This is true. I do enjoy conversing about them every so often. My relations are not of concern I don't think. I am Serephina, pleasure to meet you.

Mr. Torres, I especially liked your reply. I appreciate the time you have taken out of such a busy day. I am sure you are a busy man. You seem to have reached an example before I have come around to it. I also appreciate that you seem to understand that people can change if they want to. I am sure that my bloodline will change but I at least wanted to bring up a few thoughts of mine. It is the people that have seen others change that really make the difference I think. The "I don't care" attitude seems to be a step that some people trip over though so to speak. If there are too many people telling us that we can't do it, it either discourages or makes them rise above. Clearly rising above is not an easy task and sometimes the trip does happen. Does that mean we are not trying? I think not. Maybe it appears that we are not trying but in all reality it takes a few bumps here and there.

Report Post Tip

Serephina, thanks for avoiding most of my wonderful reply, the points you missed out in your reply were right and must have hit home. So i bid you good day and i hope you do change and your bloodline finds somewere it can call home.

Report Post Tip

I was merely trying to incorporate everyone into a reply Fabiano as I thought I would have been repeating myself. However if you wish I can touch upon such things now quickly.Do not assume that someone does not reply based on you being right though, it could be a time issue but now I have the time to fully respond even if I do feel like I may be repeating myself.

I do not lack the understanding of said stereotype. In fact I do not see the point in trying to defend a stereotype or comment on it. It is other people's thinking and I do not wish to give a bandwagon appearance. This speech is merely to find out the thoughts and opinions of other people and understand where they are coming from. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can understand the outsiders point of view on the repeatedly dying at some point or another. There are cases when the deaths did not occur until a war happened, could you throw that into the same pot as well? Each ancestor has their own set of differences. Some of them more obvious then others, as I have found out. Does it mean all of them are bad? No but the ones that seem to be dwelled upon are the worst. Which is honestly, fair game. It is what other people see the most. I just want to begin to understand and I am doing such by posing questions. I believe its a step into the right direction of change.

I don't think you can properly change if you do not understand both points of views. As I can understand mine quite clearly, its the masses that I need to understand.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity giggles slightly at the thought that this little girl thinks people fear her. Stopping herself from cracking up she figured she would give this girl a few seconds of her time, but she doubted it would help her at all. Seeing as how many people had done this before and her bloodline had never changed or for that fact grew a brain.

"No one fears you, child. Not at all. To be quite honest when I have asked people why they bother to take a bloodline such as 'Melis' in they tell me, 'Because she earns money until this one dies again and the next one flows in'. Her bloodline isn't something to be scared of. Everyone knows the outcome that she will bring, death to herself."

"Now if you were to mention a bloodline like that such as Premeir or Roman, many would fear them. They have smart bloodlines that always make it to the top. You fear those that you don't think you can outwit or outplay, such as in a war. Those two are ones I would much rather have on my side than the other. That is fear, not you, silly girl."

Shaking her head at the girl she then continued on with what everyone basically knew.

"Now if this was coming from a respectable bloodline, perhaps then people would agree that they fear some, but most just wish you would leave the mafia world and let it be at peace. Yet, then again that would be one less sweet shot to take. So I enjoy having bloodlines like these around."

Simplicity realized that she hadn't really stuck to talking about fear and chances, but she didn't exactly care. This was just a speech from a bloodline pleading for people to give the respect that this bloodline would never deserve.

"I suppose I shall hush now, but good luck in trying to change the 'fear' we all have of your bloodline," She couldn't resist laughing at the fear comment before finishing. "In my opinion, it's time your bloodline gave up, but if you truly wish to 'change' then it's best not to come to the street like this or even open your mouth because you always seem to fail once you do. How about for once you try to change who people even think you are completely, then once everyone believes in you, that is when you show them your true colors."

Nodding slightly at those who has spoke before her, Simplicity left the streets. She felt a bit bad that her response was mostly just attacking the poor girl, but her bloodline seemed to need a slap in the face rather than people nicely helping it along to its next death.

Report Post Tip

Serephina looks at this female before her.

No offense ma'am but I think you may be mistaken on the reason for such a speech. As I have stated, it is merely to understand the thinking of others. I am as I have been with everyone else that has ventured to speak up and voice their opinions, glad that you have done so. It makes me understand the thinking behind the face.

I did not say that the fear is as you stated it ma'am. It is not meant in the way you would fear someone as you might the Godfathers. By all means I would never presume such and to think that you have thought that is quite interesting. Interesting indeed.

Anyways thank you for your time and your thoughts.

Report Post Tip

No one fears you. end of.

Report Post Tip

Pretty much, her bloodline wouldn't be in the street today trying to lie her way into a new crew, if her blood line hadn't been banned from every single crew in our life style.

Why is it she only mentions change and how she wants to be a differnt person, once she got banned from all of our local cities.

No one wants change till they can't do anything else, where was her blood line a week ago, when they were telling right hand men they hoped they died, and how useless they were?

Report Post Tip

Why has her blood line never gone to the street and said look guys, im a consig right now, and my city has my back, my leader can vouch for what i've done im doing great?

Because it has never happen, she ranks up waits for a reason to start drama or petty bullshit and then lets it make her leader look bad.

Melis would not be here today begging for change and forgivness if she didn't yet again fuck herself into dying for her petty ass drama.

Melis can't change because not only does she not want to, but because people like her just can't do it.

Report Post Tip

In order to be feared you first need to be respected to be respected you need to first be able to do something more difficult than what a chimpanzee could do in order to do that you have to have a brain.... enough said.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fear
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL