Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 07:02:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
30 Word Story Competition - 150 Credit + Prize Pot! Started by: Mercy_Fiorentino on Sep 18, '20 22:31

Bleeding and wheezing, he took out his pocket notebook and wrote his last words.
"Whomever it may concern, lick my arse."
He chuckled and with his last breath uttered "comedy".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"It's part of the job," she whispered.
She remembered how his lips tasted.
"Please, don't... I lo--"
The birds flew as a singular gunshot rung out. 
"I loved you too."

Chicago's entry, by Nick_Valentine:

The Queen of South Side,
Smuggling cocaine as coffee, disguised.
At a bar, met the Detective's eyes.
Danced and laughed, sparks in flight.
Fellow creatures of the night.
Report Post Tip

Entries are now closed, I'll be back shortly with the results!

Hello all! Here are the winners!

Thank you to everyone for your submissions. I wish I could afford to reward everyone's efforts. Judging was particularly hard, so thanks for that, too...

When selecting a winner for the overall categories, I was looking for items which captured my interest, were clever or covered the fundamental ask of the event - tell a story. So, as I'm sure you're already looking to the fliers in my hands, so without further delay, I will now announce the winners.

As soon as I read this one I was impressed by the impact and depth it suggested with so few words. I wanted to know more, I wanted the story to expand. When I grouped up my final few to review, it stood out as a deserving winner.

So thank you, Kaya for your below submission! 

Best Overall!

"It's part of the job," she whispered.
She remembered how his lips tasted.
"Please, don't... I lo--"
The birds flew as a singular gunshot rung out. 
"I loved you too."

●

The first runner up was selected as being Sonny-Black! Sonny's story again suggested something powerful, a character with a story to tell that came across great in only 30 words.

Thanks, Sonny!

First Runner Up!

Painful, happiness, sorrow are just some of the thoughts i have when i stare down at my balaclava.

Money, wealth and power is what i feel when it's on.

●

The second runner up is by Fairest Writing comp host, LSD! I was stuck between three submissions for this place, and LSD's came out on top because of the poetic narrative, the questions I was left asking and how he was able to capture the tribulations of a person in such few words. Was it a mobster? Was it a mother? Was it a average joe? It seemed to fit a lot of situations, so came out on top.

Thanks, LSD!

Second Runner Up!

“Hard work pays off,” he repeated as the shovel cuts deeper into earth.

Layer upon layer built with determination; now removed.

Hard work for naught. Time for the long sleep.

●

I'd like to make special mention to Morticia and Grouse, who made judging particularly difficult with their submissions, too. 

●

Which now brings us onto the specialty categories, as judged by LSD himself, having offered to support on behalf of the Fairest Writing Competitions.

Funniest!

It had been an epic battle. Groaning, doubled over and clutching his stomach, he knew the end was near. Then, with a plop and a wet splash, it was over.

By Cinnamon

Twistiest!

His moustache shiny, full bodied and strong. Green with envy pulling the trigger. Aiming for his head, his moustache glistened. Blood trickles down.

You are dead, Jono! Wack back. Typical.

By Jono

The final category was best group/city submission, which was judged by City Hall themselves. We only had three submissions from the cities, however the winner was chosen to be Latom's New York!

Here's what City Hall had to say.

"This is like the speech in a remake of Braveheart!"

Best City Submission!

They thought we were down, they counted us out, When New York had its biggest loss. We held our heads up and pushed forward.

New York will rise once again!

Thanks to everyone that got involved, tipped or just came for a read. Prizes will be distributed shortly. I'll be working with LSD in future to bring about more events, ones with a more interactive factor once my bank balance has grow again, so please keep a look out.

Stay Safe!

Report Post Tip
Thanks for running the comp, it was a good one. Look forward to the next offering
Report Post Tip

Great competition, Mercy_Fiorentino! It was a blast reading everyone's submissions :) I'm glad you found mine interesting and worthy of your time <3 Congratulations on a successful comp!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the awesome gifts! 

Report Post Tip

Loved this competition and this idea. Was a great time reading through all the submissions and it is really good to see so many people come out and be a part of something special.

I look forward to seeing more events in the future. Always a welcome sight to see more fair(est) competitions being hosted!

Report Post Tip

Really appreciate you setting this up Mercy

was great fun to get involved with the family

Report Post Tip

Top job Mercy_Fiorentino! Really enjoyed this competition actually - the brevity requirement kept my interest far better than previous contests.

Report Post Tip

Well that was unexpected, considering there are so many worthy entries. Thank you very much! I've enjoyed reading every one of them.

I'm glad you got a kick out of my attempted murder of Ron_Swanson's moustache. 

Report Post Tip

It's impossible to kill

although the 'wack back' may have been spitting.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to all of the winners.

Upon hearing all the winners being announced, he heard that New York had won the city competition. Knowing the history, he found this very intriguing. The late Skorpeon was the one who reached out to the other leaders of New York to see if they were interested in competing. None of them seemed too keen about it but Latom asked Skorpeon to submit an entry to her so that she could post it as per the rules. Skorpeon wrote up the entry and submitted to Latom and she in turned submitted it as the head of New York. Knowing this, Falcao came to the streets to ask Latom a question.

"Good evening Latom! I hope all is well with you. I come here to ask if you'd be so kind in sending over 50% of the earnings you got from said competition. Obviously, you have no obligation to do so, but was hoping you would in good faith. How about it eh?" he said as he waited patiently.

"Great Competition Ron_Swanson, I hope more people come up with fun activities like this one!"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Hey Falcao!

Just so it's clear, the purpose of the city competition was to get the residents working together, to either nominate a submission or collectively draft a story. 

Unfortunately, the prize wasn't dedicated to one person, either, the fund was scattered into the coffee shop, Main, then what wasn't claimed I put in a back alley in New York and told everyone in Main three location. How the submission was generated would not affect how this prize fund was distributed, either.

But that's up to Latom to decide, I just wanted to make sure you understand the premise of the city competition. 

Report Post Tip

why thank you Falcao although I have no idea why you brought me into this, i appreciate the wave.

Report Post Tip

Personally, I thought you did an outstanding job, Ron_Swanson!

Report Post Tip

you truly are an inspiration to us all x

Report Post Tip

But that's up to Latom to decide, I just wanted to make sure you understand the premise of the city competition. 

Thank you Mercy_Fiorentino for your input. My statements were directed at Godfather Latom, to see if they would honor the proposal.

why thank you Falcao although I have no idea why you brought me into this, i appreciate the wave.

Ron_Swanson, please forgive me. Not sure why I thought you started this competition.

Now that's out of the way, let's thank the right person this time k? Mercy_Fiorentino, thank you for the great competition. 

Report Post Tip

No problem, Falcao, just wanted to make sure you knew the original intention of the prize distribution was never to give a city head full control of where the city credits go. Though if you had some agreement in place, that's clearly none of my business. 

And you're welcome, thank you!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 30 Word Story Competition - 150 Credit + Prize Pot!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL