Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:46:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Welcome to Detroit Started by: Guiseppe on Apr 26, '11 19:20

Guiseppe walks out of the HQ in Detroit which become quieter in the last 24 hours. He steps in front of the masses

Ladies and Gentleman a little over 24 hours ago my leader achieved the rank of Godfather and has officially taken over the reigns as City head.

Firstly I would like to congratulate Godfather InspectorGadget for obtaining this rank, as the people at the top will tell you it is not an easy path and take a lot of hard work and dedication.

Secondly over the past few months Detroit has suffered... well some shocking luck to say the least, but we won't talk about that now. In the next week or so we will be implenting various things to make the City of Detroit a hub for organised crime once more.

As you can see there has been some changes in the leadership in Detroit. After Octavian retired Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn has taken the role of Underboss and Detroit's two newest Captains are doogle and FOX.

Guiseppe opens a box and hands out bottles of champagne to the crowd while his Bodyguards hand out glasses.

Ladies and Gentleman I give you Godfather InspectorGadget

Salut Sir

Report Post Tip

"My deepest congratulations to the new under boss and two new captains.But the biggest congratulations to The new GodFather of Detroit.I wish you the best and know you will become a legend.I have known your line for a while and has never been anything but the best .Congrats to Detroit it is a big day for you all."

*Lights a cogar and goes for a stroll.*

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather InspectorGadget. Also congratulations to Iestyn on underboss and FOX and Doogle for making captains. You all earned this. Well done.

After speaking his mind about the matter donmorrison made his way to the nearest business to buy himself a drink.

Report Post Tip

InspectorGadget, this is a great surprise to see.  I'm proud to be able to work beside you and the city of Detroit after it has proven so resilient.  After losing not one, but two Godfathers to sudden and unforseen circumstances the city has proven to be a stalwart among us.  Congratulations to the entire Motor City.

Report Post Tip

Walks into the speech with a strain of blonde hair from his hat to his eye. Carrying a Mnt Dew can in one hand. And the other freely in the air. He comes up from the crowd of faces.

Hello, at first I would like to say congrats once agian to my former boss Inspector. He was a great man and deserves to be where he is today. Next, I like to thank my now boss and long time friend; FOX. She's is also well deserve in the postion she is to the city of Detroit. And, last to Doogle. I hope you do well and serve this city proud.

Takes a swig of Mnt Dew and walks along to the nearest bar.

Report Post Tip

Alabama walks out to the front of the gathering crowd and tips her hat towards Detroits finest

Congratulations to Godfather InspectorGadget, as many have said its not easy to get to that stage! Congratulations also to the two new Captains pulling on their Bold Suits, having done so myself recently I know things will be a little hectic for you right now, should there be anything I can do to help ease that my door is always open! Finally, Congrats to my welsh friend, I know you will do great as Underboss of Detroit and I look forward to seeing the upcoming changes the city speaks of.

Report Post Tip

Nando nods in his in approval and agreement with what Guiseppe has said

Indeed, congratulations InspectorGadget, you have worked hard to get into this position and i wish you and your city the best of luck. Detroit has already started to shape up nicely and i look forward to seeing it continue to grow.

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire puts her phone down on the arm of her plane chair after taking a call from Fernando telling her to visit Detroit as they are about to make some announcements. She knows that Detroit is a very close city to Chicago and they have worked together quite often even while they were going through multiple changes in head leader through unfortunate events while shooting. She stands up and heads to the pilots cabin. She taps on the door and asks the pilot to head towards Detroit. She then returns to her armchair and sits down. She grabs her glass of wine and takes a sip. She then rests her head back and takes a quick nap.

Once the plane touches down in Detroit Mrs-Doubtfire awakes and she steps out. She jumps into her limo that was waiting for her and she heads towards the event before it begins. Once there she arrives just as they are about to speak and she pushes her way through the crowd to the front.

After listening to Guiseppe make Detroits announcements she smiles and steps up.

"First off I would like to Congratulate InspectorGadget on finally becoming the Godfather of Detroit. This has long been waiting and now he has finally reached it there is a solid figurehead for Detroit. Congratulations sir, we have exchanged words in the past and our ancestors have got along for quite a few years."

"Secondly I want to Congratulate Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn on Underboss. Congratulations sir, I am confident you will fill the boots you have been given after the early retirement of Octavian which was a great shame. Next up I want to send another Congratulations to doogle on taking captaincy in Detroit and I would also like to send my best wishes and Congratulations to FOX on captaincy. I am sure Octavian would be proud of you and I am sure you'll send word out to him soon enough to tell him your new found position in Detroit."

She takes a quick breather and then continues..

"Lastly its great to see what a city Detroit has become over the last few months. They have been through thick and thin losing their Godfathers and having a retirements yet they still stand strong and together. It goes to show with a bit of teamwork and a strong leader at the top a city can always get through anything that's thrown at them. For that I take my hat off to Detroit as a city and I wish you all the very best in the future and I look forward to seeing what Detroit has to offer our fine world. I also look forward to working with Detroit whenever the need may arise."

Mrs-Doubtfire claps and smiles. She notices InspectorGadget standing on the balcony of his home and she looks over at him and winks.

"Now I must be off as I have some business to attend to elsewhere. Farewell and good day to you all!"

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles at everyone and walks over to Fernando. She grabs him by the arm and pulls him into her limo. She then taps on the inside window and the driver pulls away.

Report Post Tip

Finding his friend the Inspector, Kurtz forgot himself for a moment and strolled toward him without a care. It was only when the mass of suited bodyguards formed a barrier between him and his old friend that he realised his old friend wasn't just that any more, he was a fully fledged Godfather and needed to be treated accordingly. Kurts made respectful motions and moved beyond the guards to speak to his friend.

Godfather Gadget! Inspector it has been a great road that sees you here. Great in tragedy as well as this eventual triumph. To say Detroit's history has been fractured and tormented would be a crippling understatement but here we are and look at you! You stood up when the city needed you and held good on your word, held strong for your people and now we see you get the recognition you have truly earned.

You're a good man InspectorGadget and I'm honoured to call you my friend.

Handing a wrapped bottle of the finest to Detroit's Godfather, Kurtz nodded respectfully, smiled and threw his old friend a wink before stepping back through the throngs into the street.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity came to the streets and listened to the speech. She had never really spoke Inspector, but she was friends with Benton and she was sad to see Octavian go. Yet, she knew FOX would do great with her new position in the city.

Making her way forward in the crowd she had to brush people aside to even make her way there to the front. She recognized a couple people had already spoke, Mrs. Doubtfire, a close friend of hers, Fernando, she had known his bloodline for ages, and quite a few other Chicago friends.

The wind was tugging on her dress and hair, but it wasn't enough to really affect her.

"Many, many congratulations, Inspector. The venture to Godfather is always a hard one and one that I could never imagine, even being a Don."

Clearing her throat a little from having not spoke much today she then went on to congratulate those who were new to Detroit's head.

"I would also like to congratulate both Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn on becoming Underboss, this is quite an achievement and I know you will do great. Also, FOX, we have spoke off and on, you're an amazing woman and I'm especially happy you have got the chance to lead a family of your own in place of Octavian. You will do great! Congrats to both of you once again. Much love to you all!"

Smiling proudly at Detroit's new auth's and the accomplishment of Godfather for Inspector before she then made her way to the car and told the driver to make his way to their next destination.

Report Post Tip

Aldo steps out of his Cherry Red Mercedes coupe in front of his soon-to-be favorite bar in Detroit when he hears a crowd of people throught the alley on the next street over. He decides to go check it out, while he was striding through an alley he saw a hobo, stole his whiskey bottle, handed him a $20, and continued on. Once he arrived he heard Guiseppe's speech and stepped forward, just as the others.

Even though I have no experiences with Detroit, yet, I'd like to congratulate the new GodFather, Inspector_Gadget, and I am sure that he will bring this great productive city much pride.

Aldo then turns to Fox and Doogle.

I'm an acquaintance of you both, and I know that you will also both bring much pride and honor to this prosperous city. I would love to stay and shake hands, but I must bid an adieu.

Aldo turns, moves gently through the crowd, then walks through the back alley to see the bum gone, he walked out and looks at the bar. He mutters to himself,

no time for drinks, I should celebrate some other way.

Aldo get in his car, starts it up, and drives off, honking the horn to give another congratulation to the lucky people across the alley, then sped off maniacally down the main street.

Report Post Tip

At the time of Guiseppe's speech, Bag was one of the many people in the crowd who were witnessing Guiseppe's speech. He saw people who spoke one after another whom he recognises, like his great crew leader, Fernando,  and the really dedicated crew's RHM,  Mrs. Doubtfire. After a couple of speeches, Bag checked his watch and saw that he has a plane to catch in about half an hour, and made his way through the crowd .

There was so many people present till a point where he had to literally squeeze through to get through. When he got to the front after a minute of constant effort trying to squeeze through the crowd, he was already quite sweaty. He took out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat dripping down his head away before he started talking.

" Well first of all, I would like to congratulate InspectorGadget on achieving the rank of Godfather. Getting to Godfather is not an easy task, rather a path which requires lots and lots of dedication , hardwork, and of course, wisdom and a great attitude. One who is a complete fool surely cannot go far. And InspectorGadget, you have proven yourself to have all those qualities and therefore, you've gotten to where you are now and you truly deserve it. Well, again, congratulations on Godfather."

Bag paused for a moment and took a deep breathe before continuing his speech.

" Secondly,  Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn who has become the underboss of Detroit, well, congratulations and my best wishes. I'm sure you will do an excellent job on assisting InspectorGadget and carry out whatever duties you are assigned to do."

"Last but not least,not to forget Detroit's two newest Captains , doogle and FOX. Congratulations and may you two do your city proud. "

" Well, that's all, it's great seeing this city rising up again , and again, congratulations to all and all the best. Have a good day, and so long"

Bag had a glance at his watch, 15minutes, and walked through the crowd to the road side and got into a taxi.

" Airport please" told Bag to the taxi driver as the driver stepped on his paddle.

Report Post Tip

Fox walks up too congratulate his new Godfather and the other great leaders of Detroit.

Congratulations Godfather InspectorGadget. Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn, doogle and fox congratulations to you too. I know all of you guys will do a tremendous job and will make Detroit a very prevailing city in the future. This is a big step forward for Detroit and I'm really glad I'm part of this magnificent organization here.

Fox walks up to each leader and gives them a box of new Cuban cigars.

I really hope you guys enjoy these.  I really wish I could give you guys more for this grand occasion

Report Post Tip

Tommy stood near the back of the crowd. He still wasn't very well known by many of the higher ranks in the business, however, being left hand man for one of the countries families, he felt compelled to say something. He walked around the side of the crowd to make it to the front before speaking out. 

I'd like to say congratulations to InspectorGadget on the position of Godfather. My family have never held the rank before but I can imagine how difficult it must be to get there. I wish you the best of luck with your new city and any problems it may present you with. 

Not wanting to be too long winded, he turns his attention to Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn, doogle and Fox

And I'd like to extend my congratulations to you all. Being authorised to run your own family is a huge task for anyone to complete, and being the underboss of a city is a great achivement in anyones books. I hope to get around to working with you all sometime in the future. I don't want to bore you all now, as I'm sure you'll have some celebrations to attend. 

Tommy tips his hat and smiles politly to the four leaders and steps back into the crowd. He could feel his stomach turning with nerves, he never usually spoke out in large gatherings.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather InspectorGadget, I have no doubt that this celebration is the first of many as you take up the reigns of guidance over Detroit, and I wish you the best of luck with your esteemed position.

My congratulations also extend to Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn, doogle and Fox who must have shown the consistent dedication and loyalty that we all aspire to in our community. I am sure you will all make excellent captains and an excellent underboss. Along with your Godfather I am sure you will form the foundations of a thriving community.

Report Post Tip

Lila walked to the streets to listen to Guiseppe’s news about Detroit as she leisurely smoked a cigarette.  She knew Octavian quite well, and understood his reasons for leaving but she was still disappointed to see him go. She took a drag on her cigarette as she listened.  She didn’t know the new Godfather well, but from what she’d heard he’d continue his excellence as a leader.  Nor did she know much of the new captains, Doogle and FOX.

As her cigarette continued to burn she looked around her at her friends and family from Chicago, happy to see them here paying their respects. She pushed her way forward, cursing in French and German.

“It is truly a good day when a man can claim Godfather.  Congratulations Inspector Gadget!  I look forward to seeing your city prosper.”

She took one last drag on her cigarette, and as she exhaled she threw it on the ground and extinguished it.

“Iesyn_ap_Llywelyn! I remember my father telling me about you as his family’s RHM.  You took him in which allowed him to teach me all I know today.  I know that you’ll be wonderful as Underboss! Although I am sad to see Octavian, my old friend, to go, I am glad to see two young and upcoming faces. Congratulations to FOX and Doogle.”

She smiles broadly and takes a glass of champagne from one of the bodyguards. She holds up her glass:

“To Detroit!”

Report Post Tip

Arriving a tad late Juggalo finds himself at the back of the still steady growing crowd thinking to himself this just wont do, he would have to be yelling for the auths to hear is congratulations. Nudging his way to the from of the pack he takes a look at the bosses of Detroit, though he has never had the opportunity to meet any of these individuals its good to give respect where it is due. It is unfortunate that Octavian had to leave, but ones end is another’s beginning and knowing him quite well im sure he has chosen to leave Detroit in the hands of these highly qualified individuals without worry.

Congratulations to Inspector on gaining the mighty rank of Godfather, it truly is something else and the journey to make it there only a handful of people have that drive in them. Well done and im sure you will do great things with the city of Detroit.

Congratulations to Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn and Fox as well, I hope you both the best of luck. Well im sure you all have some business you need to attend to so ill leave it at this.

Again congratulations to the hole city of Detroit, keep shining!

Juggalo nods his head and disappears back into the crowd…

Report Post Tip

Dash stepped out onto the streets following the uneventful flight from Chicago, the cool crisp air of the motor city instantly filling his lungs, reaching into the inside of his trench coat he procured a silver hip flask with the fresh engravings displaying the family signature, leisurely he unscrewed the cap and drank the fiery concoction, he handed the flask over to his bodyguard and nodded before instructing his protection to remain behind.

Proceeding on foot Dash made his way through the assembled gathering, occasionally stopping for an introduction or to shake the hand of an acquaintance or be greeted by old friends, this was a momentous occasion and the mood was jovial, celebratory cheers could be heard from many parts of the crowd as speeches were made and toasts toasted.

Stopping for a moment he was panged by feeling of guilt, for a moment he’d been caught up in the celebrations and forgotten about Octavian, a fine leader of men from the city of Detroit, recently and abruptly retired from the life of crime.

No sooner had he paused for thought when he was rubbing shoulders with the Godfather of Detroit himself, a fine man of whom he’d been told many good things from many a quarter, his left hand an old acquaintance himself. Dash not wishing to hold up the Godfather momentarily congratulated and wished good health upon him and all that was his.

Before departing all too soon the young mafioso made his way to the newly bold Doogle and Fox, he hadn’t had the pleasure of making their acquaintance either but couldn’t think of a better time to introduce himself and extend his congratulations while inviting both parties and the newly named underboss Iestyn_ap_Llywelyn over to Chicago for a joint celebratory drink and feast.

Report Post Tip

InspectorGadget,

Congratulations on your new title as Godfather of Detroit, your city had suffered immense losses, but as a survivor you've stood up and showed remarkable excellency leading your men throughout reconstruction and establishment of your HQ. I certainly hope things work out for you and I aspire that you'll lead your city to great heights and astounding success. God bless you on your journey.

turns toward Fox

My dear FOX, what a pain might it have been learning your old boss would have had to retire, but you've been given a chance to fill in some huge ass shoes and I sure hope you kick some ass at leading. There's nothing more I'd like to see than you holding a strong background and character, lead your men towards money and success.

Smiles as he sees his Rolls Royce parks up in front of him, the driver waiting for him anxiously. Augustus got in and made his way back to the airport

Report Post Tip

I must say thanks for everyones kind words, but i would never had achieved this rank without the hard work put in by my crew and the city as a whole so i must thank them all for their continued work. Having taken over the city after two unfortunate deaths was no easy task and without the help and guidance of Godfather Roman, his city, and former underboss now Godfather -Premeir, i doubt i would have made it so i owe you guys a big thanks. I expect there will be many good times ahead for the city in the coming months

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to Detroit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL